Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We miss the Raids

(PSN)Vexzz-0

I don't miss it at all, and I don't think that such 'raid' are good feature in the game, but anyway I understand your frustration of lose something that you enjoyed. For someone who don't like that, it is nothing more than a joke. But for someone who loves it, it would be a painful memory.

Finally I understand why many games are keeps unpopular feature and don't touch it but does not remove it either. Was it bad? I think so. But was it a right decision to simply remove that? I don't think so.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-27 at 9:45 PM, (PS4)Vexzz-0 said:

and see if anyone else agrees with the return of this game mode

No thanks and I think the majority of the playerbase shares that feeling, hence why raids had an attendance lower than 2% when it was shut down. This just isnt the right type of game if you wanna raid. It may be the right game for it incase all you care about is telling your gaming friends "yeah I raid" when the subjects come up. At which point most serious raiders would fall to the floor and roll over laughing till they pass out when you finish that "yeah I raid" with the words "in WF".

WF never had raids, it had large group content that was 100% pointless with that setup. These types of games will never have real raids in the veins of Darkness Falls from DaoC or MC, BWL, Nax and all that shizzle in WoW etc. WF "raids" = ninja super puzzle quest extreme go go.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-29 at 12:36 PM, Numerikuu said:

If DE had pulled the mode for no good reason despite the vast majority liking and playing it? That would have sucked, even if I personally would not have liked it. But since raids were quite literally not being played by 99% of the community, investing time and resources into remaking the mode that only 1% of the player base participated in would be an incredibly foolish move, financially speaking.

Financially speaking, something being played by a small minority of the player base has nothing to do with money. The reason they were removed was because of a lot of bugginess and, like everything else in the game, the habit of breaking with patches.

On 2020-04-28 at 7:08 AM, Duality52 said:

I understand you can recruit your own group of friends, but Raids caused other people to demand meta loadouts and shun those who refuse. Due to this, there's no way we get any form of "challenge" since we just shut down anything the game throws at us but use very annoying mechanics and puzzles.

This was literally the type of comments about the meta the raids had:

"Hey can I play Loki and carry or do you need someone else?"

"Sure, that works."

"Can you play Rhino for us and put some duration mods in? We need his stomp."

meta indeed.

• Like 1

I hope i will never see a raid again!!! I was forced to do that horrible mission just for arcane... now with eidolon and ScarletSpear arcane are flowing to tenno.

NEVER AGAIN THE USELESS RAID!!!!

Instead will be fun a mission with more of 4 player but simething like "extreme defence" "extreme interception" or something new... but not a S#&$ty mission where you have to stand on stupid pad hoping all the 8 team memeber sill stay on or mission failed

Edited by MollAgdeduba
My signature: Orbiter should be bigger, with more room, customizable and with more decoration!!! We want a better orbiter!!!

Le 27/04/2020 à 21:45, (PS4)Vexzz-0 a dit :

Everyone who play Warframe since 2014-2016 never will forget about the Raids,

Remembering something doesn't mean to like it, just sayin :3

But i wouldn't mind to see mission involving 8+ players like large scale spacebattle or whatever. That being said, old raid were clunky as f... in every way (gameplay, connection issue, bugs)

they could have use the scarlet spear to stress test that by putting multiple condrix spawn in the plain, allowed 8 or more player in the same mission and even add some kind of sentient bosses if you manage to go far enough in the mission.

On 2020-04-27 at 4:01 PM, Magicfingers said:

gotta love the way people think they are so important they can speak for everyone else. "we miss the raids" instead of "I miss the raids". in the future, don't speak for me...if i want to say something, i'm perfectly capable of talking for myself, thank you.

you do know that WE- dosent mean everyone right. if it didnt apply to you....... it just didnt. thats like getting upset in a room full of people that like vanilla ice cream when someone says we love vanilla you rise up and say "DONT SPEAK FOR ME I LIKE SHERBERT" ok cool..... you can like sherbert but WE like Vanilla

5 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

I hope i will never see a raid again!!! I was forced to do that horrible mission just for arcane... now with eidolon and ScarletSpear arcane are flowing to tenno.

NEVER AGAIN THE USELESS RAID!!!!

Instead will be fun a mission with more of 4 player but simething like "extreme defence" "extreme interception" or something new... but not a S#&$ty mission where you have to stand on stupid pad hoping all the 8 team memeber sill stay on or mission failed

I hope I NEVER EVER EVER see an "extreme defense" or an "extreme interception" mission. You can't have fun!

Events like alert missions  and raid were some of them the best things about this game being able to work with other players is what makes this game fun.If warframe was a single player game it’d be boring af

On 2020-04-30 at 12:56 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

But pvp is a barren wasteland where the only wat to progress is boosting and convincing someone else to waste time doing that is hard

Really? cuz when I’ve played on Xbox I’ve seen a lot of people there but on switch pvp is more dead tho

• Like 1

They said raids were coming back sometime last year, so maybe raids will be ready to come back in 2024.  By then everyone who enjoyed the raids originally will no longer be playing the game though so eh.  

On 2020-04-29 at 5:14 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Because you shouldn't be able to progress pvp by strictly playing pve. 

PVP in this game is a joke, sorry you weren't told before now.  Progress off just syndicate medallions?  You could spend years acquiring syndicate medallions to max out and obtain all the conclave skins, which is the only interesting part of conclave in terms of rewards and kind of the mods now that they're making them workable somehow in PVE with altered stats or something.  

On 2020-04-27 at 3:45 PM, (PS4)Vexzz-0 said:

Everyone who play Warframe since 2014-2016 never will forget about the Raids, which dropped the arcanes, and was replaced by the Eidolon Hunts.I don't know about you, but I really miss it that way, it was fun, it made it difficult for the game, and it was much more rewarding than the many game modes that you have today.  Through this post, I would like to ask DE to bring him back, and see if anyone else agrees with the return of this game mode

I will never forget Raids, but not for the reason you think. Arcanes annoy me, especially their mode of acquisition. Eidolons are not fun. Nor are they challenging. They are boring (imo because all three boil down to the same cycle) and honestly I cannot be convinced to try, even if arcanes are really good. It never was difficult. Arcanes and credits were the rewards that I remember. We have index and Eidolons that have replaced them. Index and Eidolons are actually leagues better at getting the arcanes and credits as well.

It never was difficult because it was down entirely to CC. In fact, the same thing would happen to the raid today as it did back then, except this time we'd straight up obliterate any enemy thrown at us, like usual. Instead of CC, we'd kill everything.

As to why I I will never forget the Raids. Maybe it was because the Raids were a horrible broken tragedy of a mode that utterly frustrated me into quitting this game for a long time?
Yes. Raids made me quit. At one time, they were the only thing I could do. And even then, I had to drag along 3 other people, and we'd beg to RNGesus that the game wouldn't explode. Raids were not difficult in any way shape or form. Especially Law of Retribution. They were just tedious. And they broke all the time. Jordas Verdict was a Raid I had so little experience in. I think I completed it maybe twice or three times, usually an hour into it because we weren't lightning fast. And it would just brick on several different phases. I cannot stress enough how a majority of all of my Raid runs ended in failure due to some sort of bug. It wasn't fun, it was aggravating, it was laggy, it was a nightmare. Raids were awful, and the only reason anyone looks back on them fondly is because they had force co op elements. But even then, those weren't exactly difficult elements. Stand on X spot while Tenno 2 was on Spot Y and while Tenno 3 was standing on spot Z. Tenno 4 would push the payload cart from point A to point B. Standing still is that really what we found fun? Was that the Raid you remember? Standing bloody still in one spot while someone walked from point A to point B? And all of this was for a single Arcane. Once per day, three raids, one of them a nightmare version of the first with very little changed. They honestly sucked. But they were all we ever got for something "endgame" in Warframe. That's why people "miss" them. They were an endgame. But comparatively nowadays, they'd be a walk in the park. The argument for bringing the old raids back is a rather weak one. It's nostalgia. That's the reason people want it back. You can say it is for the co op elements, but there hardly was any at all.

I'm honestly getting tired of seeing "Let's bring back Raids! They were great!" threads constantly pop up. Do people really remember what Raids were? Do they really remember how they ran? How easy they actually were in an age where our damage was nowhere near the output it is now? Where we used CC instead of damage because our guns were so much weaker then? This topic has been beaten ruthlessly with a maul to the point where it is just a stain on the floor, and yet we still keep swinging at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

PVP in this game is a joke, sorry you weren't told before now.  Progress off just syndicate medallions?  You could spend years acquiring syndicate medallions to max out and obtain all the conclave skins, which is the only interesting part of conclave in terms of rewards and kind of the mods now that they're making them workable somehow in PVE with altered stats or something.  

Not sure why it has to just be about winning stuff perhaps people play to try something new and to have a competitive experience with other players. I like pvp and pve because you get to have two types of experiences.

• Like 1

Personally I didn't like JV but I loved running regular and nightmare LoR every day with my clanmates. We even started hosting groups teaching people how to do them every day. There were some bugs for sure, but I think I might have been lucky or something because I don't remember them being nearly as bad as people say. I absolutely hate eidolons so I'm glad SS brought the arcanes in a different way at least. Though the arcanes weren't even why I ran LoR, I just honestly thought it was fun and enjoyed doing it. We're obviously in the minority here, but yeah I'd love to see them come back.

Edited by AutumnRhey
Sentence wording

If they are going to return, these should be epic. There should be at least four of these raids that are well designed. However it is inevitable the toxicity of certain players, the elitism and the roasting. In many of these raids, and I personally love them, there are trolls who throws away the fun of them. DE knew these disciplinary problems and the numbers of users who do them. They decided the cut and redistribution of priorities. 

Right now a return of the Raids would be awesome but they are not going to happen in a very long, long, long time. DE has their hands very occupied with other projects in the game like bug fixing and gaining back their reputation that was a bit tarnished with the last three updates. The new updates is having situations so you can imagine. 

Edited by Felsagger

On 2020-05-01 at 6:20 PM, AutumnRhey said:

Personally I didn't like JV but I loved running regular and nightmare LoR every day with my clanmates. We even started hosting groups teaching people how to do them every day. There were some bugs for sure, but I think I might have been lucky or something because I don't remember them being nearly as bad as people say. I absolutely hate eidolons so I'm glad SS brought the arcanes in a different way at least. Though the arcanes weren't even why I ran LoR, I just honestly thought it was fun and enjoyed doing it. We're obviously in the minority here, but yeah I'd love to see them come back.

It wasn't really LOR and NM LOR that were buggy as I too raided every day, it was JV that was a big mess that near the end was unplayable if you didn't know how to counteract the bugs.  Heck they even made NM LOR easier eventually when the lightning didn't instakill the fomorian core like it used to.  It dealt heavy damage, but at least the raid wasn't just over if you hit the electricity once.  

For raids to be relevant they need relevant rewards and proper teamwork unlike normal warframe where 1 man army is putting it lightly.  As well as likeable replayable gameplay.  I doubt DE will come up with something that good in that vein if eidolons and co. are anything to go by.  

Correction:  YOU miss the Raids.  I don't.  They were, essentially, 'Stand on this button to hold doors open': The Mode.  You were encouraged to simply rush past enemies with CC instead of killing them, and in terms of difficulty, I'd say the most difficult part was getting eight people together who weren't part of the insulated bubble raids eventually became to those who didn't do them very much, if at all.

Could eight-player Warframe work?  Yes, it certainly could.  Were the Raids good fits for that kind of gameplay?  No, they really weren't.