Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We miss the Raids

(PSN)Vexzz-0

Everyone who play Warframe since 2014-2016 never will forget about the Raids, which dropped the arcanes, and was replaced by the Eidolon Hunts.I don't know about you, but I really miss it that way, it was fun, it made it difficult for the game, and it was much more rewarding than the many game modes that you have today.  Through this post, I would like to ask DE to bring him back, and see if anyone else agrees with the return of this game mode

• Like 16

Looking back at it I think it was fun not because of the gameplay but the cooperation that was NEEDED to actually do the raid. This game has strayed into the 4 player but lone tenno kind of vibe, the raids required you to work together and know what to do, now its point and click and maybe wait for some guy to help you open a door. There is no teamwork anymore

• Like 20

I was wondering how long it would before saw one of these Topics again.... 2 Days... hmmmm... 

Anyway... I wasnt around when Raids were a thing... but my understanding is they weren't actually Difficult. and I mean this both in terms of Actual Difficulty and Artificial Difficulty. The enemy levels weren't High and it didnt really require any specific skills other communication and co-ordination. Which I believe was the actual point and fun about Raids. The only time I've experienced something close to that was during The Plague Star event. I know you can Solo Plague Star but if you chose not to do it alone there were oppertunities to form Synergies. and take up Roles within a Squad and I think thats what Warframe is lacking.

• Like 2

gotta love the way people think they are so important they can speak for everyone else. "we miss the raids" instead of "I miss the raids". in the future, don't speak for me...if i want to say something, i'm perfectly capable of talking for myself, thank you.

• Like 27

5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

We can try. DE isnt going to bring them back because a small number of people liked them.

More people prefer running through a mission with a Kuva Bramma and a blindfold than requiring a competent team. The major gripe with Railjack at TennoCon 2018 was "but can I solo it?"

This is a co-op game that is solo with possible team mates.

Raids will never be popular so long as they require 4-8 people and leave no room for leechers/carried players/uncoordinated users.

Raids were good because it made communication required. That aspect is also why they are heavily disliked by the majority of players.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

"wait for some guy to help you open a door", KKKKKKKKKK. Most Coop mechanic in all Warframe.

It is clear by now that all DE is gonna release in easy content, repetitive, boring and maybe with some horrible RNG on top of that with just rewards/cosmetics to bait people to play, 

Edited by MPonder
  • Like 7

With Warframe being a power fantasy game it takes away any challenging content because of how powerful we are and how we can pretty much trivialize everything in the game and raids wouldn’t be anything different. 

Unless there were a lot of interesting and unique puzzles of sorts, then raids will likely never be back since DE will never be able to make a good enough raid since this game is not geared towards it unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

gotta love the way people think they are so important they can speak for everyone else. "we miss the raids" instead of "I miss the raids". in the future, don't speak for me...if i want to say something, i'm perfectly capable of talking for myself, thank you.

The hive mind

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

M-m-m-maybe they where using the Royal 'We'?

Don't assume everyones the same we all play for different reasons.

Personally games are a stress reliever. I don't play for challenge.

The game has faults as do they all. But shes a solid 8/10 game.  Its free and doesn't even require the dum ps plus service to olay it.

Any money cash i spend is optional. Ill happily play the game so long as de keeps it up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

With Warframe being a power fantasy game it takes away any challenging content because of how powerful we are and how we can pretty much trivialize everything in the game and raids wouldn’t be anything different. 

Unless there were a lot of interesting and unique puzzles of sorts, then raids will likely never be back since DE will never be able to make a good enough raid since this game is not geared towards it unfortunately.

To be fair, Warframe is too simple to be challenging. specifically when it comes to Enemy Design and behavior. Take it the Grinneer Heavy Gunner for example... its Design is an enemy with a gun and its behavior is to path torwards to the player or some other Objective and Fire Bullets with an RNGenerator Determining Its accuracy, the only time it won't doing  this is if  something gets into CQC range where she will perform a Ground Punch AoE to knock it down/away. Thats it... how do you make something like this even challenging ? the issue is you can't... its to Simple to be challenging. and almost every gun wielding enemy from every faction has this exact same design and behavior with the only Difference being the damage they deal and the damage they take...  Forget about Warframe powers... just the universal Parkour system has little influence on this design, its not needed at lower levels and its not useful at higher ones just because of how simple its behavior of "Find Tenno, Shoot Tenno is" I mean on some tile sets Enemies are coded to Take cover but this does nothing to distinguish them at all. 

Both the enemy Design and The AI behavior needs to change for the idea of Challenge to even actually exist in this game... Its not just a Power Fantasy... Power is the only vector that matters in Warframe, Timing, Positioning and Spacing aren't utilized. The whole system is lacking in Complexity and Variety. In short... we need enemies that Emphasize Bullet Jumping, Rolling, Wall Running/Latching, Sliding, Aim Glinding... and last but most difficult to impliment... Warframe Abilities.

• Like 4

'You' miss raids. Over 90% of people do not. Even more than that didn't even do raids hence why they were pulled. Played back then, did raids once, noped the hell out. I'm glad DE removed them from the game and hope they don't bring them back. The vast majority play in small groups or solo, so investing in an 8-16 man or more feature would be a huge waste of resources.

• Like 12

Everyone loves nostalgia. 

I'm nostalgic for how raids didn't work with 8 people, hardly worked with 7, and broke more than half the time. How raids offered nothing in the way of difficulty and forced you to mainly complete the task of "match this symbol to this location" and "stand on this pad." Raids were a joke, and a nightmare to play because of the numerous bugs and nothing more. They served no challenge, and nothing in it did meaningful damage to you. 

Communication? Yeah, no. Hardly anyone ever had to talk past the first week, the most communication when everyone stopped being new to the raid was a waypoint for the rare crates and maybe a waypoint for when someone zoned out killing trash mobs. 

Today's endurance Disruption missions are more challenging than raids ever were. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

To be fair, Warframe is too simple to be challenging. specifically when it comes to Enemy Design and behavior. Take it the Grinneer Heavy Gunner for example... its Design is an enemy with a gun and its behavior is to path torwards to the player or some other Objective and Fire Bullets with an RNGenerator Determining Its accuracy, the only time it won't doing  this is if  something gets into CQC range where she will perform a Ground Punch AoE to knock it down/away. Thats it... how do you make something like this even challenging ? the issue is you can't... its to Simple to be challenging. and almost every gun wielding enemy from every faction has this exact same design and behavior with the only Difference being the damage they deal and the damage they take...  Forget about Warframe powers... just the universal Parkour system has little influence on this design, its not needed at lower levels and its not useful at higher ones just because of how simple its behavior of "Find Tenno, Shoot Tenno is" I mean on some tile sets Enemies are coded to Take cover but this does nothing to distinguish them at all. 

Both the enemy Design and The AI behavior needs to change for the idea of Challenge to even actually exist in this game... Its not just a Power Fantasy... Power is the only vector that matters in Warframe, Timing, Positioning and Spacing aren't utilized. The whole system is lacking in Complexity and Variety. In short... we need enemies that Emphasize Bullet Jumping, Rolling, Wall Running/Latching, Sliding, Aim Glinding... and last but most difficult to impliment... Warframe Abilities.

Pretty much yeah. Playing devils advocate here, but with the current enemies, they’re obviously plain boring and not challenging whatsoever and I’m not certain if they did add enemies that can bullet jump or do crazy attacks it would be challenging per say. It would be annoying sure, but would it really be challenging though? I’m not so sure.

I may be the minority on this but I’d love for them to revert back to parkour 1.0 (without coptering and stamina) just plain old slow style paced gameplay. Why you may ask? Well, ‘cause of what you said to be honest, the enemies aren’t up to our “IQ” if you will as in variety of attacks which isn’t interesting or challenging. And reverting us back to parkour 1.0 would be super fun and give the player more sense of challenge since the enemy would be more in our face if you will. But this is wishful thinking of course and that isn’t what the devs want, they obviously want a power fantasy game which I’m not against, it’s their game to develop, not mine.

• Like 2

It can coexist just like everything else.

Like we have our alert tab in the Navigator with ESO, Sorties, Relics etc. So why not a Raid tab?

Its messed up because I love eidolons yet, everyone hates it and wants to get rid of it. So I'm in your shoes now as a new-gen potential vet lol. I'm at 1,100 hrs so nothing is difficult for me except for trying to stay awake in long arbys (but they're still fun! I just stay up late).

as someone that didn't got to play them.. I ask, why take content out of your game?? I mean to take stuff out.. it must be really broken or unplayable... wich by railjack standards we see that that wasn't the reason. anyway.. just being them back! in destiny 2 people would love to have the raids of the first game.. but unfortunately for them they are 2 different games. warframe is changed but it's still the same game! no reason to not bring it back. or remove hijack missions! something nobody actually cares about

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I agree. Like why are Index Corpus way smarter? They dodge catchmoons bro....hahah. 

Seriously though they need to make every faction like Index corpus.

Just now, (PS4)CoronelXupomoses said:

as someone that didn't got to play them.. I ask, why take content out of your game?? I mean to take stuff out.. it must be really broken or unplayable... wich by railjack standards we see that that wasn't the reason. anyway.. just being them back! in destiny 2 people would love to have the raids of the first game.. but unfortunately for them they are 2 different games. warframe is changed but it's still the same game! no reason to not bring it back. or remove hijack missions! something nobody actually cares about

They were a buggy mess even if they kept fixing it and since not many players in the community played it, they eventually gutted it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

I don't think like i'm very important, this was an expression to draw attention mainly, if you don't like it and don't want the raids to come back, ok, I don't see a problem with that, everyone has their opinion, sorry for looking like a person who likes attention

Edit: I'm new in the forum, I'm not used to it yet

Edited by (PS4)Vexzz-0
addition

12 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It can coexist just like everything else.

Like we have our alert tab in the Navigator with ESO, Sorties, Relics etc. So why not a Raid tab?

Its messed up because I love eidolons yet, everyone hates it and wants to get rid of it. So I'm in your shoes now as a new-gen potential vet lol. I'm at 1,100 hrs so nothing is difficult for me except for trying to stay awake in long arbys (but they're still fun! I just stay up late).

Can it coexist with everything else? Yes.

Will remaking a mode just to cater to literally 1% of the community pull tons of resources away from several other, better projects, and be a huge waste of time and resources, along with seeing a terrible profit return? Also yes.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Pretty much yeah. Playing devils advocate here, but with the current enemies, they’re obviously plain boring and not challenging whatsoever and I’m not certain if they did add enemies that can bullet jump or do crazy attacks it would be challenging per say. It would be annoying sure, but would it really be challenging though? I’m not so sure.

Oh I don't want enemies to do perform Parkour... I'm saying I want enemies attacks that make us Tenno, want to use our Space Ninja mechanics on them. For example... you know the Battalyst (Atleast I think its called the Battalyst), when it does that lazer Sprinkler thing. I think none of those lazers can actually go past 45 degrees over its head, they usuall just point downwards... anyway When I see that I think thats an example of an attack that places emphasis on making the player want to Bullet Jump and Wall Latch more so than all the other enemies with guns since it cam't track above its head (again... I don't actually know if thats how it works)

Revisiting all the enemie's designs or atleast the behavior of the Projectiles they fire and seeing if it makes players say "Hmmmm... I should probably roll to the left to avoid that) would go a long way to making the game feel more challenging.

I feel like that how Doom designs their enemies, to propose a question to the player regarding their abilites/mechanics e.g. "What do I do, Where Do I do it, When Do I do it ?"

In Warframe it should be like "I should bullet jump To The Upper Left When The Enemy does its CHarge Attack" or "I should slide to the right when the Boss starts spinning its arms"

The way it works now is "I should slide/bullet jump/aimglide all the time because that reduces all enemies accuracy" This doesn't make the game feel challenging.Enemies need attacks that make you want to perform only 1 or 2 of your Ninja moves at specific moments, and different attacks/projectiles need to favour different methods of evasion (Hopefully not in counter intuitive manner). 

and obviously Warframe abilities need to also follow this model.... but implementing that seems impossible soooo... yeah...that sucks. 

• Like 1