Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why we cant have endgame content

Vespilan

As a recommendation, try other games and experiences. Sometimes this game burns out and loses steam. The game right now is on a halt and the drought content period will be about six months or longer easily. Try Cyberpunk  77, Last of Us 2 or any other game in the meantime, this is going to walk slow without significant content. The work will be focused on debugging and revisions of previous content. 

War Frame, the endgame content, if any, will come later. The team must go over the situation of the Pandemic first. Once this is over, and I hope it ends this year, we could carry on with the plans for this game. Right now everything is halted. Entertain yourself with the available releases. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Felsagger a dit :

As a recommendation, try other games and experiences.

Or create your own experiences, game is big enough for a squad to make their own fun with home rules.
Reaching the end of the long grind is actually a breath of fresh air that lets you play whatever you want.

Edited by STUVash

1 hour ago, STUVash said:

Or create your own experiences, game is big enough for a squad to make their own fun with home rules.
Reaching the end of the long grind is actually a breath of fresh air that lets you play whatever you want.

A pause helps. I'll be off for seven months playing other games. I'll pick up other games I left like Doom Eternal and Titan Fall 2. Need to buy a HDD expansion for my PS4. Soon the PS5 will be at the corner too with probably cross saves for this game. 

22 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Paying, not playing. It´s huge difference between whale is playing Solo and 1 player willing to not spend single Cent to game. Players with 0 money spent on their accounts should always play Pug to attrack and hold players, especially new ones, willing to pay as much as possible, but because the trend is to play Solo DE is softening content. Play Pugs to make Playerbase healthy and stronger and maybe one day...

Heh. Several players would have straight up quit the game if they werent able to solo just because they hadnt spent money yet. What kinda new player experience do you think it would have been if people were forced to pugs from day 1? Yeah, the game would have such amazing retention rate of new players when they get thrown into games with people that go zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom through a map while the new guy is still taking in the sights of the first few rooms on a map. Sure there are those that enjoy getting carried, but there are many that actually want to experience the game as they go through the basic parts of it.

If the game had actual structured progress where levels ment a damn, then yeah, forced pugs would have worked (though still being a bad idea) since people wouldnt rush as if they were Quicksilver on crack, since the level 5's would be grouped with other level 5's that need the same thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Game is made to cater to new players aka Railjack one shot all enemies now to win mission under 1 min. ahhaha What a joke this community.

Wouldn’t this increase in clear speed be catering to the players who want to speedrun for stuff, and not necessarily new players? 🤔 I’ve seen a tendency for non-new players going fast through missions because they have nothing else to do

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Wouldn’t this increase in clear speed be catering to the players who want to speedrun for stuff, and not necessarily new players? 🤔 I’ve seen a tendency for non-new players going fast through missions because they have nothing else to do

Yes, for sure. Im saying any content that make the game feel hard is always brought back down so new players can play the content with ease. We see this with all content for example Fortuna was too hard for new players so it got nerfed to how it is now. Just so new players don't leave and continue playing the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Yes, for sure. Im saying any content that make the game feel hard is always brought back down so new players can play the content with ease. We see this with all content for example Fortuna was too hard for new players so it got nerfed to how it is now. Just so new players don't leave and continue playing the game.

I see, and understand your point more clearly now.

Hmm. Did you ever play Fortuna as a new player?

8 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I see, and understand your point more clearly now.

Hmm. Did you ever play Fortuna as a new player?

I did not. Same with Railjack. I'll let those who want to run the bugs out before I will go in after a few months. Hopefully DE hads worked out most the bugs. From what I heard the enemies used more abilities that made it almost impossible for new player to learn the game play when Fortuna first started.

Did you?

10 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I did not. Same with Railjack. I'll let those who want to run the bugs out before I will go in after a few months. Hopefully DE hads worked out most the bugs. From what I heard the enemies used more abilities that made it almost impossible for new player to learn the game play when Fortuna first started.

Did you?

I did not, unfortunately. By time Fortuna dropped I was already well-versed in Warframe mechanics and had a decent amount of gear that could be considered as gotten after the theoretical starting point of Fortuna.

Shame. Was hoping for some insight from someone who was there.

Would have preferred doing it myself, of course 😋 I’m pretty good at shooter games and would have liked to have given it a shot at the difficulty that a new player would have experienced, just to see what it was like. Oh well

vor 22 Minuten schrieb DroopingPuppy:

Honestly I don't get it why the thread still stands. Perhaps they are lured by the false title? OP didn't said about endgame content at all. What did said is argue about fixing railjack.

And now? Do you want to report everyone

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-05 at 3:21 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Orb Valis is also a good example of diverse mobs with a good use. All the jackals and stuff would be perfect to implement into higher difficulty missions. Jackals are already dangerous if left unchecked out there since their minigun eats through frames if you arent aware of their position. And a sneaky Hyena at the right alert level can insta kill you if he gets his special attack off, like their glacial strike thing etc. Adding further things to them would be great. The jackals could turn more and more into Razorbacks the higher in the difficulty you get, with rocket ramps and so on. They'd just need to make sure to leave the specific boss encounter mechanics out of it so they fit into normal gameplay patterns.

It is sad that DE showed us that they can release interesting and challenging mobs like those in OV and then just for some reason skipped building on it. I think expanding on their NPC arsenal is one of the things they should really dedicate time on. That could easily spice up and reinvent older maps, modes and tiles. I hope the new rift thing that comes with the corpus ship revamp will have some interesting enemies.

Can't blame DE on it completely. There were way too many complaints about how hard Orb Valis is because of all of the new mobs. Go into it now getting 4 stars difficulty is extremely hard now and the mobs seems to not scale above 50 with little diversity among them. We have a huge issue with the community and specifically a set of people who want access to everything without putting any effort in it. Look at the 2 Orb fights. Lmao first one actually makes you use proper warframe abilities and several different systems however the community found it too hard due to the massive CC which could easily be dealt with had the casual side of the community understood how warframe works and what different frames do, second one is just a dumb and boring gimmick  with decent dialogue. In the end no one was satisfied with the Orb fights because each time they tried to please a different section of the community and the rewards were so lackluster that the replay-ability is extremely low. Flydolon was best of both worlds however DE was too afraid to buff up the normal mobs and the rewards were again lackluster. The Tuskers are probably the best boss fight in the game and they aren't even boss fights. Hopefully the changes they want to do to the Tridolons actually end up being improvements. 

43 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

Can't blame DE on it completely. There were way too many complaints about how hard Orb Valis is because of all of the new mobs. Go into it now getting 4 stars difficulty is extremely hard now and the mobs seems to not scale above 50 with little diversity among them. We have a huge issue with the community and specifically a set of people who want access to everything without putting any effort in it. Look at the 2 Orb fights. Lmao first one actually makes you use proper warframe abilities and several different systems however the community found it too hard due to the massive CC which could easily be dealt with had the casual side of the community understood how warframe works and what different frames do, second one is just a dumb and boring gimmick  with decent dialogue. In the end no one was satisfied with the Orb fights because each time they tried to please a different section of the community and the rewards were so lackluster that the replay-ability is extremely low. Flydolon was best of both worlds however DE was too afraid to buff up the normal mobs and the rewards were again lackluster. The Tuskers are probably the best boss fight in the game and they aren't even boss fights. Hopefully the changes they want to do to the Tridolons actually end up being improvements. 

I did some runs for the glass fissures out there. Manage to get the alert level high enough to spawn level 130 mobs. It took alot of time since you need to be so damn careful with the alert beacons and it all seems to scale so much slower.

And yeah, the outcries regarding Profit Taker and his adds were hilarious. One of the first fights where the adds may actually get dangerous if you have no situational awareness and people instantly want it nerfed because they get CCed too much. Then the Exploiter has its own issues, like repeating the up close and personal crap that is so horrible in the eidolon fights. Blocking your view to the surroundings etc. with a mechanical system that still isnt fully explained or clear on what it does. In the outdoor phase, is there even a meaning to throw heated thermia at the orb or not? What exactly does it do, increase heat gain or stop heat reduction? It seems to do neither, it seems to do nothing. Out of Lons, Profit Taker and Exploiter I must say I prefer the Profit Taker, it feels far less cluttered and annoying than the other two, it feels like a boss and it has good mechanics for in fight interaction, such as being able to position yourself high if you are fighting it in the right spot, use operator to switch vulnerabilities on it and so on. No bullcrap invulnerability phases or miniscule weakpoints.

I did exploiter again yesterday, hadnt done it since day one of its release since I got Hildryn and the ephemera in the first 3 runs back then. I still tried to figure out if I should throw the thermia or not in phase two. I finished the fight and came out of it with no clearer knowledge about the thermia usage.

Flydolon could have been great, but it was too simple and felt more like an interactive cutscene than anything else. Tusk Thumpers I agree with being great, they have the right implementation of weakspot mechanics, enough movement to think a bit tactically and could possibly hit hard if their levels supported it. I still havent really figured out what part of the Thumper is actually ment to deal damage.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

In the outdoor phase, is there even a meaning to throw heated thermia at the orb or not? What exactly does it do, increase heat gain or stop heat reduction?

If you look carefully, the heat gain will be faster to the point it's full really fast

30 minutes ago, 844448 said:

If you look carefully, the heat gain will be faster to the point it's full really fast

I unloaded them like a madman yesterday and I saw zero benefit from them. Can there be possible bugs with it so they do nothing at times? I wouldnt be able to tell because I do the exploiter so very rarely.

On 2020-05-02 at 3:25 PM, Vespilan said:

Vague title, right? Been fiddling with it for a while.

For those of you who have been too busy picking their nose; The newest update to railjack has made the one endgame mode that we had, the one and only mode that posed a respectable challenge to player skill rather than just to weaponary, a whole lot easier. Again. Enemy fighter HP and armor have been halved and foot units have received nerfs as well. My question is; Why? Why does Warframe always have to appeal to a "casual" audience, to put it politely? Why does everything always have to be easy? Railjack was perfectly balanced and the trend to always appeal to bad, sorry but thats just how it is, players is why we cant have any endgame content.

I have heard that railjack veil proxima missions can now be solo'd in under five minutes thanks to seeker volley. DE; This is how stuff goes from content to grind, it gets boring because its just so ridicolously easy, just as on-foot missions. And with all this keep in mind, there is still the commander intrinsics tree coming up!

We cant have endgame content because a handfull of players keep crying about how hard any new gamemode is because they haven't adapted to it yet, DE gives in and creates another grindzone. 

Damage sponges aren't necessarily difficult.  All they really accomplished was pushing me towards a frame that melts enemies with their particular form of murder radiation or frames that buff some of the clearly stronger weapon options by several orders of magnitude.  I didn't exactly have to work harder to kill railjack foot troops with my Atlas and Kuva Quartakk, I just had to spend more time and ammo to do it, to the point where even I just ended up skipping past everything to get the job done.

I hate skipping past enemies, but I also hate enemies that take absurd amounts of damage unless they're actually boss-tier (more complicated and much rarer than your standard fodder at any rate.)  I specifically log in to shoot things with a machine gun and if most targets render that machine gun a pea shooter, I'm probably not having much fun.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

On 2020-05-19 at 6:27 PM, SneakyErvin said:

I did some runs for the glass fissures out there. Manage to get the alert level high enough to spawn level 130 mobs. It took alot of time since you need to be so damn careful with the alert beacons and it all seems to scale so much slower.

How? I tried it several times. Even if I hit level 4 alert the spawns sometimes just die past level 35. Am I missing something or do I just have S#&$ty luck?

27 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

How? I tried it several times. Even if I hit level 4 alert the spawns sometimes just die past level 35. Am I missing something or do I just have S#&$ty luck?

It keeps going up and up, they plant more and more beacons, they just dont always show. You can see this by sometimes killing beacons and having the alert stay at 4 still. I was out there for around an hour or so, spent the whole time at the temple (big Nef statue). The problem is when you run out of spawns, which happens alot all over spaceport aswell as inside of the temple and the labs, the outside of those places are pretty solid to keep the alert rolling.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It keeps going up and up, they plant more and more beacons, they just dont always show. You can see this by sometimes killing beacons and having the alert stay at 4 still. I was out there for around an hour or so, spent the whole time at the temple (big Nef statue). The problem is when you run out of spawns, which happens alot all over spaceport aswell as inside of the temple and the labs, the outside of those places are pretty solid to keep the alert rolling.

What I'm saying is this just stops. Like they either don't plant or they just don't spawn despite being alert level 4.