The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvPvE Content - What do you think !?

I know this game’s about PvE and PvP is pretty much dead, what do u guys think abt adding PvPvE in warframe?

Take Scarlett spear ground mission for example, maybe 2 teams can load into a parallel mission together, where the team that clears wave faster wins thus rewarded with more points ?( Its just an example the content can be anything, or Clan Vs Clan interception mission maybe? Haha)

Or maybe even having the teams to be able to interact and sabotage each other for resources/points?
Edit: For lore-wise, Maybe 'enemy' Tennos are considered Allied Rivals where we can't actually kill them, and just competing for points, maybe its a contest/gamemode that is hosted by Conclave Master, so we can take out the Player killing Player element and let Warframe stay true to itself
Imagine if there would be a Game mode where you'd get to play with ...

And make the rewards in the end of this content fulfilling, like points are able to purchase veiled rivens, good mods, n a mastery level etc

Honestly imo i think adding some competitiveness will add some ‘liveness’ to this game Its like this game is purely PvE but not being able to be good at PvE on its own (tell me what fun u have other than grinding for resources)

PvE aka grinding feels so dead in this game and theres not really any endgame content we can hope for(not like we can grind gears to battle a giant space alien), why not mix a small part of PvP aspect while keeping the existing PvE content to spice the game up?

*Think of it like this, if farming for a good reward will require us to outkill/outperform the other team, wouldn't this be the incentive for us to upgrade our gear? Thus make the grind more meaningful where we have a purpose to upgrading our gear/buy rivens, other than just killing things fast
Warframe HD Wallpapers - Top Free Warframe HD Backgrounds ...

What do u guys think?

Edited by WOWESOMUCHDOGE
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Take Scarlett spear ground mission for example, maybe 2 teams can load into a parallel mission together, where the team that clears wave faster wins thus rewarded with more points ?( Its just an example the content can be anything, or Clan Vs Clan interception mission maybe? Haha)

I imagine it would fall flat pretty quickly if done like this. You are essentially saying “compete against a leaderboard for prizes”. If it’s the same boring/tedious missions as PvE it is fairly pointless. It needs to be an entirely new mode. I think it could be moderately successful if done correctly.

Take something like D2’s Gambit. That is done reasonably well and was fairly popular last time I played/looked. It is different to the rest of the game. 

Edit: forgot to add. If the two groups of players cannot influence each other in anyway, it really isn’t PvEvP. It’s just PvE. There must be a way for the two teams to directly interact.

Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

19 минут назад, WOWESOMUCHDOGE сказал:

Or maybe even having the teams to be able to interact and sabotage each other for resources/points?

Would like this part to be explained lorewise, why Tenno should sabotage ally work against Sentients?

Afaik, Destiny 2 already has something very similar to what you're proposing.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

16 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Would like this part to be explained lorewise, why Tenno should sabotage ally work against Sentients?

Maybe 'enemy' Tennos are considered Allied Rivals where we can't actually kill them, and just competing for points, maybe its a contest/gamemode that is hosted by Conclave Master, so we can take out the Player killing Player element and let Warframe stay true to itself

Since we know that it would be god awful hard to balance PvP in Warframe (considering the modding n rivens etc) n limit the killing only on mobs

Edited by WOWESOMUCHDOGE

16 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I imagine it would fall flat pretty quickly if done like this. You are essentially saying “compete against a leaderboard for prizes”. If it’s the same boring/tedious missions as PvE it is fairly pointless. It needs to be an entirely new mode. I think it could be moderately successful if done correctly.

Take something like D2’s Gambit. That is done reasonably well and was fairly popular last time I played/looked. It is different to the rest of the game. 

Edit: forgot to add. If the two groups of players cannot influence each other in anyway, it really isn’t PvEvP. It’s just PvE. There must be a way for the two teams to directly interact.

Maybe the team can deploy a member to the other team to steal kills/ capture enemies/ sabotage their defending object

Or team that has higher kills can limit the spawn of the other team, or spawn a strong entity that provides no point to the other team
(Like spawning annoying Exploiter Orb to the other team but provides no point to them)

Im just talking about ways that takes killing players out of the equation ( because balancing PvP while maintaining PvE environment might seem impossible)

Edited by WOWESOMUCHDOGE

1 minute ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Im just talking about ways that takes killing players out of the equation ( because balancing PvP while maintaining PvE environment might seem impossible)

It’s only impossible because DE doesn’t care about it. Bungie managed fine. DE could do it too if they had a dedicated group that cared about it.

I would say the best way to do it is to borrow from D2’s Gambit. Make it a “simulation” area. Simaris can be in charge.

PvEThe teams kill mobs to feed a “boss generator”. The generator spawns a random boss (could tie it to mob faction) when full. 
PvP: The opposing team invades (one person at a time for balance) and can steal your “boss energy” from the generator. You could have player kills or not (I would prefer with them).

Victory: either first to kill their boss, or most boss kills in X period.

7 минут назад, krc473 сказал:

I would say the best way to do it is to borrow from D2’s Gambit. Make it a “simulation” area. Simaris can be in charge.

Why not Syndicates though, especially when they have alliances and opposition between themselves.

This way it would be possible to sabotage the work of a group belonging to a different faction (similar to what OP proposed).

Edited by PurrrningBoop

2 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Why not Syndicates though, especially when they have alliances and opposition between themselves.

That works too. I only use Simaris and simulations because it gives some reason we can die as many times as we like and not worry. It’s a simulated frame so it doesn’t matter. Syndicates strike me more as a “war” than “friendly sparring/combat drills etc”.

37 minutes ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Maybe the team can deploy a member to the other team to steal kills/ capture enemies/ sabotage their defending object

Or team that has higher kills can limit the spawn of the other team, or spawn a strong entity that provides no point to the other team
(Like spawning annoying Exploiter Orb to the other team but provides no point to them)

Your legit just wanting gambit from D2 in warframe. Anything pvp just simply isn't gonna fly in warframe. It always never works.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 2

Ultimately it would be a nightmare for the community and devs. Just as we already saw and experienced the drama from every past iteration of Dark Sectors and in Conclave the game isn't well balanced for this type of content and the meta isn't fun to deal with.

It would require either active balancing, acceptance that there will be a hard meta, or use the Conclave system changes. Active balancing would result in this mode dictating the balance of the entire rest of the game, reinforcing a meta is going to leave all uncompetitive players unable to earn rewards, and the Conclave systems is one of the major reasons people who have tried Conclave didn't like it.

It's probably the only way anything close to PvP could gain actual interest in this community but there are a lot of questions and problems that would need to be solved first.

24 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

This way it would be possible to sabotage the work of a group belonging to a different faction (similar to what OP proposed).

This works too, maybe like syndicates fighting syndicates like the invasion mission, n we are able to sabotage their resources

Current PvE still has a pretty strong push toward a certain kind of meta. Indirect competition for rewards would push a certain meta (the same or specific to a gamemode) far, far more. If players were pitted against each other without very careful balancing devside, I have a feeling the vast majority of squads for this would distill down to exactly the same meta comp.

I'm not interested in that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trst said:

Ultimately it would be a nightmare for the community and devs. Just as we already saw and experienced the drama from every past iteration of Dark Sectors and in Conclave the game isn't well balanced for this type of content and the meta isn't fun to deal with.

It would require either active balancing, acceptance that there will be a hard meta, or use the Conclave system changes. Active balancing would result in this mode dictating the balance of the entire rest of the game, reinforcing a meta is going to leave all uncompetitive players unable to earn rewards, and the Conclave systems is one of the major reasons people who have tried Conclave didn't like it.

It's probably the only way anything close to PvP could gain actual interest in this community but there are a lot of questions and problems that would need to be solved first.

I believe players should understand that there will always be a 'hard meta' for content like this, maybe this content can be designed for sortie level players, n for the rewards, it can be a limited daily reward, and could be gained as well as doing other stuff

And in the end its up to the devs whether they wanna risk adding something new or not, its just an idea here, maybe someday they can rework Dark Sectors and Conclave together and blend them into something new and fresh

Problems:

1. Bragging rights. 

2. Toxicity, as if this world where not enough. We don't want CoD toxic environment in here.

3. The exclusivity of players who have everything, knows every trick versus the new players that are in disadvantage. 

4. Smurfing. 

5. Hackers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

what do u guys think abt adding PvPvE in warframe?

Having played Destiny 2, I hate it in every way.

I don't care about PvP in the slightest. I want PvE. PvPvE is nothing more than regular PvE with the exception that you're being slaughtered by PvP players who care nothing for PvE at all.

It's basically just a way for PvP players to grief PvE players and get away with it.

I hate it.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Yup. It's called gambit. 

Gambit is like competitive Index. Enemies drop points, scoring points works you towards a goal and summons goal blockers on the enemy team. When you hit the point threshold it summons a boss called a primeval, first team to kill their primeval wins.