Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass maker puzzle is getting on my nerves

---No-Mercy---

Question

So I collect 10 of the resonance thingys, then go to that place, jump on the first platform then it pushes me off and a fall off and lose the 10 resonance and it ages takes to collect more!

I hate this thing, have no idea what to do or how to do it since it tell you nothing! just a stupid timer!

Spawns of this needs to increase and lose the timer so I can figure out what the hell to do!!

• Like 12

Jumping in to share my experience so far

>look at clues
>get told to find 10 resonance
>come back a day and a bit later with 10
>click on him expecting a cut scene, like the other nigthwaves
>"how well did you know him?"
>I think we both know that I did not know him at all
FAIL
>go grind 10 more resonance
>take screenshots of the clues
>"how well did you know..."
>I know that one go to bullet jump to the answer
>fall to my doom
FAIL
>DOUBLE jump to answer
>great got that right... why is the counter still going down?
>oh! I see. gotta go fast.
>quick tab between game and screen shots
>time runnung low, last question, that looks right
>"no its a dagger not a sword"
FAIL
>look up the questions, work out the answers.
>memorize them
>pass with plenty of time

When the next part unlockes. As much as I don't like spoilers. I'm going to wait, till somone has written the questions and the choices down, before I do it.
Also I would like to have words with whosever idea it was to use up the resonance when you fail.

• Like 5

В 16.05.2020 в 19:45, Yagamilight123 сказал:

If you dont want to read or watch a guide then dont expect to do it at first try . The game tells you all you need to know to play it .... if you want to be "good" at it you need to try things or search for the results of people that tried things .... its how games works since the beggining (sadly , the new generation of games hold the players hand so much).

This particular case (Glassmaker puzzle) is not applicable on your explanation because here you get punished for making mistakes - waste Cephalite and have to farm it again. What makes it worse that you can only farm it at special time

It almost forces you to watch those "results of other people" unless you are masochist. Here isn't any progression (middle state) in reaching "good", but two states only: 1) fail the puzzle; 2) watch guide and do it in one run or memorize all 5 hints that you examined and do the puzzle in one run.

hace 5 horas, bl1te dijo:

This particular case (Glassmaker puzzle) is not applicable on your explanation because here you get punished for making mistakes - waste Cephalite and have to farm it again. What makes it worse that you can only farm it at special time

It almost forces you to watch those "results of other people" unless you are masochist. Here isn't any progression (middle state) in reaching "good", but two states only: 1) fail the puzzle; 2) watch guide and do it in one run or memorize all 5 hints that you examined and do the puzzle in one run.

Of course its gonna be a punish for fail :S (and it should be) .I fail to see why that makes my explanation "not applicable" .

On 2020-05-16 at 6:28 PM, Andvarja said:

I used careful regular and double jumps and made it with 3 seconds to spare. But I didn't follow any of the seemingly unending stream-of-consciousness speech it throws at you because I was too busy getting oriented (while the timer ticked away) and then focusing on the clues and jumps. All my correct options were there, thankfully, but it was a little weird needing to spin around so much to see all of them, and the timer was a distraction.

This. It's meant to confuse a little, make you take the puzzle seriously and redo, take note of the key words and the bolded text that players will tend to ignore for the first time because of our own gameplay habits.

Then try and try again or discuss and solve as a community, that's what makes Warframe enjoyable today.

Of course you have those bullies with nothing better to do harassing people who ask for directions in Region chat. And then the snark comments on the forums like people just dream of the most toxic way to reply to someone's question. That's what makes the community / game unwelcoming for some.

End of the day, we are just people playing a game. Sometimes the people need a little compassion to understand, not all of us have octa-core CPUs for brains.

Some of us really do get confused with the quick action and rapidly timed events.
Some of us... are genuinely old... like yours truly 🙂

Edited by Laxmibai
  • Like 1

Got it on the third go (first one a misstep, second forgot the ostron name for the last question).

honestly quite enjoying it as a story telling method and looking forward to the next crime scene.

cephalite opportunities are infrequent in spawning enough to be frustrating, but other than that I’m liking this nightwave.

My personal opinion:

1. Timer
2. Not showing me all 3 options at once when choosing the answer

Pick one.
It really gets on my nerves that I have to run around like a headless chicken just to see the answers on each suggested platform. I'm fine with the test, but all choices should be visible instantly.

• Like 1

this is going to sound mean spirited but im honestly baffled, aside from people failing becouse bullet jump messing things up or other such bugs (fair enough to be mad about that)

you guys cant be serious that you cant figure out what to do? this preschool stuff.

Spoiler

clue says "hey they ordered X" with X being highlighted in a different colour.

question: "what did they order?"

with 3 platforms apearing of different items, one being X.

and you guys are complaining that they dont tell you enough? that its difficult to figure out/understand?
do you really need more than 1 minute to put the word "dog" under a picture of a dog 5 times after they showed you a picture of a dog with the word "dog" written on it?

i get calling it boring or dull, but confusing? come on now.

Edited by Cybercobra2
  • Like 3

On 2020-05-23 at 3:03 AM, Cybercobra2 said:

this is going to sound mean spirited but im honestly baffled, aside from people failing becouse bullet jump messing things up or other such bugs (fair enough to be mad about that)

you guys cant be serious that you cant figure out what to do? this preschool stuff.

Hide contents

and you guys are complaining that they dont tell you enough? that its difficult to figure out/understand?
do you really need more than 1 minute to put the word "dog" under a picture of a dog 5 times after they showed you a picture of a dog with the word "dog" written on it?

Hear hear !

For some people listening to what the game tells them is to hard.

I guess for some people remember 5 things is just to hard.

For some people figuring out that they can't bulletjump or run is just to hard.

Some people just want a button to press that when pressed says 'YOU WIN'.

There's a bug that you can fall from a platform even after choosing the right answer, and that's the only bug I've faced so far. My second attempt went without any issue. I understand it can be confusing in a game that always tells you what to do, but you can figure the whole thing out in like an hour. Got stuff with highlighted text ? Hmm. Got pictures of very well known npcs ? Hmm. A very unique zaw ? Hmm. Asks me for this weird cephalite resonance ? What that ? Oh there's like random spawns in missions and they give standings and what's this ? Cephalite resonance ? Hmm. Collected 10 and let's go in. What's all this ? Never seen S#&$ like this before ? Asking questions about how well I know the dead guy ? Hmm. Oh damn there's a big-ass timer that just started. Hmm. Fail for whatever reason the first time and the second time should go like a charm. 

It's nothing earth-shatteringly difficult or consequential. Just try again a few times till it ticks. This is after all running for 2 months straight at the very least. Not trying to downplay issues people are having with it, it certainly is confusing. But once you cut through it, it's done and dusted ? Also there's a cap of 20 cephalite that you can have in inventory. So you get two tries in a row.

DE also needs to realize that this community driven puzzle solving thing that they've been trying to do since kuria is just a bad idea. Most players don't come to forums, or twitter, or youtube or any other social platforms. They expect to resolve things through ingame means. Bungie has a great community where they can throw really convoluted stuff at them and the community will come together to solve it but that kind of dynamic doesn't exist anymore here. Not since armistice. We kinda saw that very clearly in the Buried Debt event.

Edited by shadowstormr

I don't get people complaining that sometimes they have to go to youtube or the wiki for advice. Like, I can't think of many games where I didn't need to occasionally consult outside sources to figure out what to do. 

Players for this game have this unrealistic expectation that everything should be handed to them for the least bit of effort imaginable. While I think DE could use some helpful things in game to make the new player experience better, not having to consult different places to get help with something you are confused on is in no way specific to Warframe or an unreasonable expectation.

It's like expecting people that want more of a challenge to do the challenging things without expecting a reward.

This way of thinking is just absurd.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-22 at 9:03 PM, Cybercobra2 said:

Hide contents

You can even ignore the question because if you know the clues, of the three options, you'll know which clue to pick, because you can find it easily in the crime scene.

I just wrote down some details on a notepad and I didn't have to look at it more than once, (and only then really just to be sure.)

I usually panic with time limits, but I wasn't even particularly bothered by it with this.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-16 at 9:38 AM, xHeretic said:

Nah, the design it's ok. The restricted parkour it's fine, the thing here is people telling you they fall on the platform but not telling they answered incorrectly. Unless you jump from the middle of the platform there is no way you could fall. 

The second time I failed, I had the right answer and fell short of a platform.  Not even all that close really, lol.  I think I just reflexively jumped as if I could use normal parkour to adjust the distance. 

I'm pretty embarrassed about that, but I'd guess WF muscle memory and lack of concentration has done it to others too.    

And just in case  it makes anybody feel better, I failed the dang thing three times before getting it.   First time, wrong answer.  Second time, jump fail.  Third time--and this is really embarrassing--I didn't notice that the timer doesn't reset after each successful jump, so I was just sauntering along, listening to the voice over, thinking "Yo, Imma natural athlete and mfin puzzlemaster...hey, how'd that timer get so low...".  FAIL😛

• Like 1

On ‎2020‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 8:21 AM, ---No-Mercy--- said:

So I collect 10 of the resonance thingys, then go to that place, jump on the first platform then it pushes me off and a fall off and lose the 10 resonance and it ages takes to collect more!

I hate this thing, have no idea what to do or how to do it since it tell you nothing! just a stupid timer!

Spawns of this needs to increase and lose the timer so I can figure out what the hell to do!!

Sorry Tenno but this is totally a user error. Not a DE design error.

I did the investigation, took my time and read each clue, looked for what was highlighted / unique with each clue, noted down the highlighted word, if no highlighted word then noted description of symbol or a description of the picture.

I did the test, looked at first 3 images, looked at my written down clues and noted that one was the same, jumped on to that platform, rinse and repeat until test finished, took 50ish seconds, test completed first attempt.

Sorry but this wasn't hard in any way shape or form if you took your time to think about what may be required to pass the test.

Lucky me i am one of those who succeed on the first try after watching a few youtube tutorials explaining what I should expect.  Still, the count down is unreasonable and unnecessary. Even when I knew what was coming for me I only had 10 seconds left.  During the time of jumping from one platform to another, I couldn't focus on what the voice was trying to say

skPoxOZ.jpg

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 2

i messed up and jumped on the first thing i saw the first time i tried. must see all the thing you know. then i screen shot all the clues and put them on my secont screen because i have one... then i promptly fell off five times in a row...all right answers but i think i might be done playing glass maker maybe ill try again next week.

Failed the jumps about 20 times so far.  Aim glide being disabled is just dumb.  Well I should say disabled sometimes.  It works when your falling just not jumping.  Timer on top of that makes me panic and then over jump.  I stay away from games with timers just for that reason.  Another bug since if you over jump sometimes the platform spawns and sometimes you fall.  No consistency.  And yes it's the right answer.  This damn puzzle is just a MR test you have to try over and over but instead of a 24 hour countdown you have to grind for it.  These last few updates are really pushing me towards quitting.  Already cut down my play time to about 10% of what it was.  Watching movies for the first time in a couple of decades.

This really is a terrible game design.

1) Before letting people enter the weave, tell them there will be a timed parkour puzzle about the clues. Reentering the test will again cost 10 Cephalite Resonance.

2) Why is it possible to train for mastery test, but for this (where rare resources are needed) not?

3) Better:

Scrap the timer,

Scrap the jumping,

Scrap the recurring fees.

4) It should be about detective work, a timer and jumping do not fit. And please overhaul the visual aspect of the weave, it's not immersive.

• Like 1

I really liked the clue gathering component, kinda rudimentary but it's a nice change of pace. I think the parkour section was a bit weird, mostly because the first time I thought I had 90 seconds per question and was double checking the symbol I drew for way too long. I thought it would be a bit more like the mastery tests and either reset the timer or give a bonus after each correct answer. Boy was I wrong. 

While the minigame doesnt explain itself, after 1-2 tries the rules are pretty obvious. One sticking point I see with people is the resource thing, but it's not like the activity gates anything or is urgent. If you mess up and dont have enough to try again you just go do something else chances are you'll have enough in no time. 

Plus after you make those mistakes once you probably wont do it again. And even if you do the next puzzle comes out in 2-3 weeks so you'll absolutely have 20 stocked up by then.

I think the problem is people trying to farm nightwave when the idea of it is to be passive.