Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favorite warframe, and why?

tobiparty

Ivara-

Because when I started the game I knew I would be playing solo and preferred using Bows and silent weapons.  It just made sense.  So I did my research on all frames, and bought Ivara as soon as the market was unlocked on my account.

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 2

Nezha: Natural high end speed with slide boost (I prefer not to bullet jump everywhere), tanky, good crowd control with 1 and 4, in fact his 1 is highly underrated for all it does, not a press-4-and-kill-all frame.  And I'm going to be that guy and say; I was main'ing him long before the retune 😉

• Like 2

19 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I think Nezha is a great example of exemplary warframe design. All 4 of his abilities are useful with great synergy between those abilities. I think frames where you just press a button and everything dies can be boring, so Nezha is incredibly fun to play for me.

I agree, that’s why Khora gets my top spot. She delivers damage, healing, and cc. She keeps it fun for me...

• Like 1

Limbo because he is powerful as a group player and solo, (better solo since so many people complain about him)

Zephyr for tankiness mixed with other good defenses (turbulence) and just generally fun to play.

I've been playing Nova a lot for versatility, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I really don’t like it. Would’ve preferred the Mantra skin.

The only reason that skin was picked was because it was added like a week before DE picked the skins for the next tennogen wave.

Banshee

Survival is my favorite mission type, and by far and away my favorite survival playstyle is banshee.

I can't think of any word more appropriate for Banshee's survival playstyle than predator. She doesn't survive, she hunts. She terrorizes.

What not everyone understands about her 3 [Silence] is that it does its daze and confuse magic everytime the enemies enter that sphere around it, which makes her a hit-and-run terror.

Additionally her 2 [Sonar] when augmented with [Resonance] allows her [Sonar] to travel with her.

I've invested a lot into her to make her survivable at high levels, and if the Sentients think they are safe, they are in for a surprise.

Banshee32.jpg

• Like 5

My favorite War Frame. 

DiOum1EWAAEVdFq.png:large

He has the best set of weapons, combos and melee combat. Fast double boost, double jump, grappling hook and moderate parkour. Mounted ordinance for short and long distances. His abilities are his weapons wheel that can be costumed on site for strategic approaches. 

Favorite weapon for him: Gauss Cannon. 

latest?cb=20160601095102

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 3

Titania (I forma-ed her 5 times before she got Primed... i.e. I loved her before she was cool). I love jumping off a cliff and turning into a faerie before I start to fall.

Now that she is Primed, the goodness is even better.

Otherwise... Depends on the mission.

Limbo for anything that needs to be defended or speed runs or cache searches

Loki for Spy or anything where I need to take time to look around but don't want to use Limbo

Nekros if I need to farm

But if I could only have one frame, I'd choose Titania.

• Like 1

Excalibur/Umbra and Ash are easily my two favorites.  They are the two frames that are closest to and most fully realize the whole Space Ninja concept that is central to Warframe.  I love the Space Ninja theme and I personally wish DE would focus on it even more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I really don’t like it. Would’ve preferred the Mantra skin.

The only reason that skin was picked was because it was added like a week before DE picked the skins for the next tennogen wave.

I like it, especially the helmet, but nothing for Baruuk will beat his Graxx skin.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

My favorite War Frame. 

DiOum1EWAAEVdFq.png:large

He has the best set of weapons, combos and melee combat. Fast double boost, double jump, grappling hook and moderate parkour. Mounted ordinance for short and long distances. His abilities are his weapons wheel that can be costumed on site for strategic approaches. 

Favorite weapon for him: Gauss Cannon. 

latest?cb=20160601095102

You forget the utility and power of his Exalted weapon, the Super Shotgun. I've got a build which is built around it and it absolutely rips, tearing through hordes of enemies with ease.

• Like 1

Wu Kong. 

Can't decide on what frame to use on a mission? 

Wu Kong. 

- Travels fast with 2, used him to spam spy missions to get Ivara parts, can cheese Jupiter tilesets 

- Strong survivability (press 3 when HP is low, but Arcane Grace exist, and has 3 extra lives)

- Press 4 for some decent melee in case no melee is allowed in a sortie mission, low energy usage

- Energy Reduction sortie mission --> Wu Kong

- Someone's got his back 

Edited by HappyFishxas

I use warframes depending on the mission.

Just kill lots of dudes and survive: Chroma Prime, he's my best fashion frame and does a f*ck load of damage.

Speedrun (mobile defense, spy, capture, etc.): Wukong, smokescreen make you go zoom and invis.

Defense: Oberon, make enemies shoot each other.

2 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

You forget the utility and power of his Exalted weapon, the Super Shotgun. I've got a build which is built around it and it absolutely rips, tearing through hordes of enemies with ease.

That''s true. Completely true. 

There will be prime versions if Doom Slayer, and of course Doom Slayer Umbra. I'm not joking, you don't know how similar their game plays are. War Frame influenced lots of games out there even games like Ghosts of Tsushima. Serious developers knows what War Frame is. 

My favorites are mission-specific...

PoE/Orb Vallis bounties: Revenant
Many types of Sorties: Revenant (like level 100 Ambulas today!)
Index: Revenant
Railjack: Revenant
Sabotage with caches: Gauss
Exterminate/Mobile Defense: Gauss
Survival: Khora (Strangledome)
Defense: Khora/Revenant
Rescue: Revenant
Excavation: Khora
Disruption: Khora (Whipclaw, Ensnare)
ESO: Khora (Whipclaw)
Most Spy missions: Limbo (Loki for Kuva/Uranus Spy)
Profit Taker/Exploiter: Revenant (can be done with him with practice, but not recommended)
Eidolons: Chroma/Volt

Why:
Revenant: Extremely adaptable and can easily survive almost anything while able to lock down entire areas with his 1 or 4. This guy is easy mode (not as easy for Profit Taker/Exploiter owing to their stun-immune underbelly cannons).
Gauss: Extremely fast for missions like Mobile Defense and Exterminate while offering a bit of AOE damage and CC. Also good for finding Sabotage caches (speed reasons... you can hear caches so you don't actually need Limbo)
Khora: She can pilfer extra life support modules and resources, defend an area and heal defense targets, she can do millions of damage and she can temporarily stop Demolysts in their tracks without fail (while whipping them to death). Her whip and Strangledome make it possible to solo ESO for 8 rounds on most tiles.
Limbo: He's good at any spy mission with lasers (most of them). Both Limbo and Loki can run and parkour all the time in Spy... unlike Ivara.
Chroma: He's fun to use to kill Eidolons (big damage numbers).
Volt: He's fun to use to kill Eidolons and buff/protect team mates.

I'm looking to get into Mag since she looks fun to play with the new shield gating!

Edited by nslay
Add why

Hydroid. Theme and design. It's interesting and the abilities are consistent to the theme, tho they do need a rework (more in the damage and functionality than change it's abilities. Maybe do some bigger tweaks to his passive, 2 and 3). Either being him the king of the oceans or a pirate lord commanding a kraken. Davy Jones is the name and soon we'll have a cool deluxe.

• Like 1

Oberon. His usage percentage of my total hours equates to over 3k hours using him. I like him mainly because, he can not only do basically everything, but do it all at the same time, and be arguably optimal at many of the roles, but only with good play. For example, his damage is generally good, nothing spectacular, but some quick and precise placement of Hallowed Ground can do stuff like consistently outdamage Saryns on Hydron. (I haven't tested that since the status changes, but it should be even better now.)

• Like 1