Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE wants a Zero Tolerance policy and that's going to destroy this game

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

You are thinking something different.

Free Speech doesnt apply here since the Forums and Game are a owned by a private company so they are free to say what is and what is not allowed to be said in their game.

3 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

Freedom speech isn't freedom of consequences. If you talk in a way that makes some users feel very unwelcome, DE has legal right to act as far as I am aware of. There is something about that in the community rules or in the EULA as far as I know.

Oh I see, thank you then, I was a bit worried that this might be a huge issue.

But to address my own worries: I'm a bit worried that this whole thing is just really over the top, If they mess this up, EVERYTHING they are doing right now to change the awful 2 years we just had will be for nothing and even tho I've lost some love for the game, to see it be destroyed by such a rash choice is very worrying. They opened Pandora's box the moment they offered support for such, while I understand it's for the greater good, I am not sure that this will end well.

We've seen such happen before, I won't name them, cuz of the EULA, but I am sure you kown what i'm talking about.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

You do know that most people playing Warframe are here to actually PLAY Warframe, rather than waste their time in chat, right? The people who get caught in the crossfire probably deserved it, and for most people, it won't have any effects, cause they are actually PLAYING the game. Chat bans will literally not kill the game, period. Cause the game is not about chatting.

You are joking right? Without chat you can't trade, can't talk with your team on missions, can't talk with your friends, can't talk with your clan. Ofc the game isn't about chatting, but the chat is a key component of the cooperative nature of the game. 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

You are joking right? Without chat you can't trade, can't talk with your team on missions, can't talk with your friends, can't talk with your clan. Ofc the game isn't about chatting, but the chat is a key component of the cooperative nature of the game. 

This is what I'm worried about, I don't really play public much, but I do play with pals and if for what ever reason they can't be in a VC, they have to type, this happens, or I do go public, I tend to help by letting folks kown about Stalker or X-Items they need, etc. My other worries is that certain streamers will be removed in favor for who only support what is going on. 

Edit: Keep in mind, while you are able to close down all chats (besides Team/DC and Clan) you are connected to a chat that is on your team, regardless of your settings and DC lately is bacily Region 2.0, with the minor exception of English Only. What will happen to that, will players who don't support this idea, be removed from DC?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Errors
  • Like 5

...... i already know this will derail and/or go plain bad in no time...

You can enforce as many "laws" as you want, its the way people choose and act which needs to change.

Just last time had someone in a random squad insulting another Tenno JUST for not moving inside extraction zone on the Jupiter Sabotage mission (please expand the extraction point zone in the future) and was unnessacary mean and insulting to him. That really deserved to be reported. Luckily this kind of toxic behaviour wasnt observed by me to often yet lately.

As long as people respect each other (and usually in most cases they do) this wouldnt be nessacary.

To become more and more strict in a game... which is meaned to be fun, a relaxing time, time to get away from the already full of laws reality.... might not be a good concept to keep people playing it...

If an insult is clearly aimed TOWARDS a person there needs to be something done, but i think the person itself should rather report that and decide if THEY are insulted by it. (Or a mod muting that person warning them to watch their language and then see if the person goes on and needs a longer timeout)

• Like 8

Just don't say offensive things in chat? I find it rather easy to avoid myself. I don't get why it's so hard for some people. 

It's a videogame chat. You'll be ok if you can't make edgy jokes to your hearts content here.  There are tons of other avenues to express yourself. DEs not entitled to host your opinions. 

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Kickbot doesn't exist in private chat, and in trade chat you should be sending trade offers, not racist slurs or whatever. So long as you don't go near Region Chat, you're safe. Stop making mountains out of anthills.

• Like 9

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hypernaut1:

Just don't say offensive things in chat? I find it rather easy to avoid myself. I don't get why it's so hard for some people. 

It's a videogame chat. You'll be ok if you can't make edgy jokes to your hearts content here.  There are tons of other avenues to express yourself. DEs not entitled to host your opinions. 

Because what is offensive and what not varries in opinion a lot...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't get why it's so hard for some people. 

I find your usage of 'some people' offensive and as part of minority I deem it racist. Zero tolerance ftw. (Sarcasm, unless it wasn't clear)

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

Because what is offensive and what not varries in opinion a lot...

No, it's pretty clear cut what's offensive with a bit of common sense. Why is it, only certain people find it so hard to avoid? There's 1000s of people chatting without issue. 

And if you do make an honest mistake, take your ban and just don't say it again. If you're constantly getting banned, then good riddens.  

• Like 10

Gerade eben schrieb Hypernaut1:

No, it's pretty clear cut what's offensive with a bit of common sense. Why is it, only certain people find it so hard to avoid? There's 1000s of people chatting without issue. 

And if you do make an honest mistake, take your ban and just don't say it again. If you're constantly getting banned, then good riddens.  

See thats what is just not true, sometimes you can insult someone without knowing, because different cultures, tradiations, values. You can NEVER say you would never insult someone, you can by accident, or by just knowing any better...

Like your comment about "some people" not having "common sense", ever thought about it sounds pretty insulting? Like "You are to STUPID to have common sense and know this things, therefor you need to be punished" ? Because thats how it also can be interpreted as. You sit in a glass house and throw stones if you just say "some people dont have common sense is the only reason they get banned" instead of also trying to see the other perspective of HOW something could be missunderstood.

My mistake was i payed attention to this topic... shouldnt have done that. This like all the times before wont lead anywhere and its most wise i better just stay out of it and make all the people feel they are right about it. Since they dont want to see the others perspectives or simply dont care about it. So please excuse me for now better doing the best and just focus on other topics. Not meaned as insult, but just because i think it wont do any good to anyone here

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

-snip-

And this is what I was worried about, people who want to feel right or can't agree with others perspectives or simply dont care about it or cry wolf will be the ones in power, not the other way around. But like-wise Dark, it's best to let it go, in the end, we can only hang on for so long before we fall, as it was only a matter of time before something like this whuold happen. 

2 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

it will tone down after another update that will have the community rolled up for how NOT good it is.

I do not think that it will happen this time Swager. Just a heads up

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details & Fixed Errors
  • Like 3

Well. im no too fond of the community. They kinda deserve some hard treatment in my opinion.

It will be difficult no being able to vent. But nothing disastrous.

Also its no like DE listen critics anyway. They always do their own thing

Edited by Travis05
  • Like 4

I don't know if some people just read the title but some of you are exaggerating they're just going to be more strict with racism and hate speech, it's not going to affect recruit chat or riven chat only some jokers in region chat. You can't accidentally make hate speech or racism like some people here are saying

"Hate speech is understood as any kind of communication in speech, writing or behaviour, that attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group on the basis of who they are, in other words, based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality ..."

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Honestly you dont really need to chat that much at all to enjoy this game just fine lol. The most I say on a daily basis is /w Hi! I want to buy: Corinth Prime Barrel for 14 platinum. (warframe.market). Have my own clan cause honestly lets be real you dont need a full blown clan for literally anything in this game other then maybe to chat. Team mission seriously not many people stop to type in chat unless there whining at someone cause they are moving to slow while the rest of the team is going through the mission like their ass is on fire like 90% of the players do these days. It may just be me but I enjoy this game and a whole slew of other MMO's in my days by not really getting involved in chat because most of the time it just leads to things like this. 

• Like 2

So until we have their definition of hate speech, we have nothing to really go on.

And sadly when these changes go live we need to have both a hard definition of what they mean to block and auto-punish for, and we should be provided a VERY CLEAR AN CONCISE LIST of words that will pull chat bot aggro and slap you with a chat vacation. We are literally living in the age of doublethink and newspeak with regards to how we are told to act, think, speak, and the freedoms of the individual are constantly put under constraints. I am not saying this to defend hate speech, but I'm saying this to highlight issues where if someone may post a line of text that is considered hate speech by some arbitrary definition (OP's 'All Lives Matter' comes to mind), that's not fair to users nor is it fair to call that hate speech without clearly defining it as such, and against TOS.

It's like how the media got tricked into thinking the circle game is a freaking white power symbol, and now it's actually causing people to lose jobs and impact careers because the media claims it is a white power symbol. People are so dumb.

• Like 4

I'm split on this issue. On one hand, I'm all for banning people that spout some racist stuff in chat. On the other, I'm not sure DE can implement a perfect system that achieves their goals. 

I'm currently waiting out a 2 week trade ban for running solo endurance runs. DE knows that endurance runs trigger their automated system, yet they do nothing about it. Support does nothing about it. It's a known problem that just gets ignored. 

The exact same thing will happen with whatever system they implement for their zero tolerance chat policy. There will be false positives that trigger their system and people will get banned when they did nothing wrong. Good intentions but poor execution with little to no support or willingness to fix the broken system they implement.

• Like 5

I got automatically chat banned becuase my post had the f word in it by a bot.. while i kinda also say the f word often in any chat,hck people on region say worse stuff and spam and they get away with it.

i contacted support and they lifted off the trade ban...its an m rated game we should at least be able to curse mate region chat shouldnt be a baby chat at this point im not sure if im allowed to even say damn on region without the chance of getting randomly trade banned by a bot.

• Like 2