Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we get a re-rework on the Corpus gas city?

(NSW)BlaineKodos

It's very pretty but navigating giant open rooms with bottomless pits is not great. Especially annoying is the abundance of tiny platforms and antennas you could hit to save yourself with no clear route to get yourself back up. The walls are also super angled for these rooms and at a certain point there's no way back up from those with wall hopping. I know you can get back up but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating. Especially when you're doing a Capture and the target can fly.

Just.. please remove these rooms or add more helpful thru-ways so I don't have to hail mary bullet jump to a 2 foot hanging platform and hope I hit it just right.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-14 at 9:54 AM, (NSW)BlaineKodos said:

It's very pretty but navigating giant open rooms with bottomless pits is not great. Especially annoying is the abundance of tiny platforms and antennas you could hit to save yourself with no clear route to get yourself back up. The walls are also super angled for these rooms and at a certain point there's no way back up from those with wall hopping. I know you can get back up but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating. Especially when you're doing a Capture and the target can fly.

Just.. please remove these rooms or add more helpful thru-ways so I don't have to hail mary bullet jump to a 2 foot hanging platform and hope I hit it just right.

The Corpus gas cities ARE a rework. 

The ships are the second rework (DP), and I'm hoping for a third to address the ice planets.

Not a chance. Those rooms are some of the best tiles in the game.

The fact that the game actually demands you use the Parkour system and essentially rewards you for getting it right is a massive plus. The Gas City tileset is my favourite tileset in the whole game because of this, I just wish it was more common.

• Like 4

Players : We want maps that utilizes parkour to the fullest potential!

DE : Okay, here you go. Now we made the maps bigger, more ledges or poles to grab on, and cliffs so you have to jump over it!

Players : No No No, Revert it! We don’t want parkour heavy maps.

DE : .....

People will complain about anything it seems..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Players : We want maps that utilizes parkour to the fullest potential!

DE : Okay, here you go. Now we made the maps bigger, more ledges or poles to grab on, and cliffs so you have to jump over it!

Players : No No No, Revert it! We don’t want parkour heavy maps.

DE : .....

People will complain about anything it seems..

rW9xIbV.jpg

• Like 1

I enjoy the fact that Movement 2.0 has a use beyond "gotta go fast" on Jupiter, because while I love Warframe for the power fantasy, it is nice that something in the game requires some modicum of skill. To me, traversing the new Gas City is actually pretty fun, and I can still use Warframe abilities to do whatever I want to the enemies.

Edited by NeoRetro10K

You know, the simplest solution that was also something DE promised long ago would be to allow certain tiles to use Archwings.

Seriously. Giant open areas? Archwing. What's so difficult? As soon as you exit that tile, the archwing is disabled, just like entering the gates of Cetus/Fortuna.

Players who want to parkour still can. Players who don't want to parkour can use Archwing. Bonus points, as it gives players more choice and further integrates a largely isolated system into common play.

It would be nice, the tileset is EXTREMELY annoying now, to the point that it's avoided. They could have had parkour stuff and still have actual pathways. Besides there's no logic behind the Corpus leaving busted walk ways everywhere. How would they ever move around and get things done themselves?

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb vomder:

It would be nice, the tileset is EXTREMELY annoying now, to the point that it's avoided. They could have had parkour stuff and still have actual pathways. Besides there's no logic behind the Corpus leaving busted walk ways everywhere. How would they ever move around and get things done themselves?

Jetpacks and a rapolyst who eats bridges.

Edited by ES-Flinter
  • Like 1

The game should reward players having awesome platforming skills

But not punish players with platforming tiles. 

Cool shortcuts, hidden areas, excellent vantage points; That's what players should get when they 'ninja' around.   "move through this tile in exactly the right way or fall into jupiter and appear back up here" is not fun, especially when you're doing this on repeat in a game that demands fast movement.