Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Steel Path season based

NekronisXV

As I first saw that we are able to go through the whole star chart again with a higher level of enemies, I got the idea, why not make a season based system out of it, similar to ARPG's like PoE or Diablo. Giving us the opportunity to do challenges, that are more difficult to achieve as the Nightwave challenges. Maybe also have some special mechanic to it, that makes the playthrough unique (e.g. new enemies, new items, or maybe have some specific objects in the missions, which we can interact with, like the golden hands in the new Corpus ship tileset). When doing a number of challenges you could earn cosmetics. We could also have a competition between the playerbase, which players can first finish every single mission in the star chart. Basically the same as the leagues in PoE, but without of course starting from zero with your equipment. Naturally, it should not be as frequent as in the ARPG's because it will never be the focus of Warframe, but I definitely think that the community could enjoy such a system in connection with the Steel Path. The theme of such a system could also depend on the current Nightwave season and would become a good addition to it. I just think the Steel Path could be so much more instead of just a Simulacrum 2.0

My question to you is: Could you imagine having such a system, or do you think that Warframe is just not the right place for it and why?

• Like 2

I'm really tired of seasonal stuff in games and I imagine many others are too. Randomly generated challenges are enough for me but adding an additional layer of time constraint (the fear of missing out, in most cases) really just sucks the fun out.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Teksorbkyva said:

Randomly generated challenges

What if the challenges are curated tho?

I personally crave for something like the old events and tactical alerts. These didn't take much resources to make and were pumped out somewhat often.

Better build upon the systems that attracted your player base in first place than trying to come up with content nobody asked for and failing at it.

Edited by Grinlok.Wraith

I reached my 100th log-in yesterday.

I then attempted to clear a kuva lich area and got stomped hard by level 75-84 enemies. I understand that many people on the forums believe Warframe is one of the easiest games ever and mowing down 100+ level enemies is a breeze, but I continue to doubt that reflects the majority of the playerbase.

I suspect that a seaonal hardcore star chart clear would exclude most players.

• Like 3

I actually think this would be really cool if each season had different enemies and modifiers (Nightwatch Grineer, Emissary Infested, Hemocyte from Plague Star, Acolytes, Sentients Invasion, Eximus Strongholds, special bosses, etc.) The game has a great core gameplay loop, and The Steel Path has a great foundation to build from. However, I am worried it will remain shallow and go to waste like most other content additions.

If the seasonal rewards were mostly evergreen, then it could be entirely automated and more fun than Nightwave. If you could encounter harder enemies with variety and get a massive sum of Kuva, a Veiled Riven pack, 10,000,000 Credits, etc. after completing all nodes, as well as a tick on some Emblem for doing that season, it would be a really engaging way to add replayability to Hard Mode.

• Like 1

Aslong as it stays as a high level thing and doesnt come with the horrible "herp derp we reset all your progression if you wanna play this new thing" which I'm so dead tired of. I wouldnt mind a mode that change it's mechanics, mutators and variables each few months or so while introducing new things to chase through drops and challenges tied to the season.

1 hour ago, Grinlok.Wraith said:

What if the challenges are curated tho?

I personally crave for something like the old events and tactical alerts. These didn't take much resources to make and were pumped out somewhat often.

Better build upon the systems that attracted your player base in first place than trying to come up with content nobody asked for and failing at it.

Would be nice, but going at one's own pace is a must. Personally I wish they would bring back a lot of the old tactical alerts and stuff, especially ones that had a little bit of story like the Gradivus Dilemma. Even if they added these back as sort of a replay feature for you to enjoy, I'd be pleased.

1 hour ago, hippokrene said:

I reached my 100th log-in yesterday.

I then attempted to clear a kuva lich area and got stomped hard by level 75-84 enemies. I understand that many people on the forums believe Warframe is one of the easiest games ever and mowing down 100+ level enemies is a breeze, but I continue to doubt that reflects the majority of the playerbase.

Honestly, the difference between War Within (which unlocks Kuva Liches) and Kuva Liches themselves is way too big. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I know that there are already some anti-beginner grindwalls that frustrate new players -- such as Ceres Junction, some of the Jupiter missions, level 30 bosses like the Ambulas/Animo battle -- but I think War Within needs to be harder, so that players not ready for Liches don't stumble through it on accident.

I mean, Sedna is only level 40, but Lich missions are level 60 minimum. Why would War Within unlock both of them simultaneously?

Now this i definitely agree with. There is a reason Nightwave offers so many casual challenges you can complete just on Earth/Venus/Mercury if you wanted to

I agree that it would exclude a decent portion of the player base... but! Player base is growing old and there are quite alot of veterans, actually.

Do you think exclusion would be less of a problem depending on the reward?
Like, something that's nice to have, but you can always just get it next season. Pretty much how umbra forma is to Nightwave.
Of course the reward also has to be worth it, but that's a different topic.

4 hours ago, hippokrene said:

Here's the thing though, everything shouldn't be for everyone. Different people like different things, if you try to please everyone you will never fully satisfy anyone. 

I actually like the idea of adding seasons to The Steel Path, maybe integrate it with Nightwave. 

A lot of people are complaining that the hard mode doesn't have any replayability, but does it really need it? Maybe The Steel Path can excel as a one-and-done piece of content, something you experience every few months but not every day. 

Edited by DrBorris
  • Like 1

Let follow the diablo season system then and remove all frames and weapons each season so you have to farm and forma your gear all over again just like diablo when you got near perfect gear and then got to redo the 6 months farm to get back to what you had just as next season start.

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Here's the thing though, everything shouldn't be for everyone. Different people like different things, if you try to please everyone you will never fully satisfy anyone.

I agree!

I'm sorry if it sounded otherwise. For Warframe's health, it needs both popular content that a wide-range of people can do, and specialized content, whether it be hardcore modes, railjack, or just being able to fish for standing instead of doing bounties.

5 hours ago, Grinlok.Wraith said:

I agree that it would exclude a decent portion of the player base... but! Player base is growing old and there are quite alot of veterans, actually.

Do you think exclusion would be less of a problem depending on the reward?
Like, something that's nice to have, but you can always just get it next season. Pretty much how umbra forma is to Nightwave.
Of course the reward also has to be worth it, but that's a different topic.

I am okay with some rewards being exclusive to specific content, and some of that content being difficult or beyond some players.

At the same time, I look at how [DE] has handled Nightwave and ask myself if they're going to put much time and energy into running it as well as a hardcore season, if hardcore doesn't have many active players. i can see this as being something they abandon rather quickly.

Season based content with only cosmetic reward differences between them would be acceptable so long as the rewards came back eventually or they were very fast to obtain (i.e clear 1 planet on that season.) Seasonal content should also have modifiers like arbitrations in that certain frames/weapons or even elements/weapon types get buffs (though not as high as 300%.)

The rewards for completing the entire starchart for the season should be a single evergreen reward from a pool that you choose. Sorties are frustrating enough giving you useless rewards you don't need or want most of the time. The rewards could be: 2 catalysts/reactor, 5 forma, 15k kuva, 10m credits, 20k endo, 1 week of any booster etc. All of the rewards should be coveted by a player depending on what they need. 

Nightwave is essentially "seasons" and daily challenges for this game. If anything I think they should tie new warframe and new quest with the Nightwave system so they don't need to spend twice as much resources on these routine content and focus on the new cinematic quests.

Edited by Marvelous_A