Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Lotus

MollAgdeduba

So... Lotus was a mimic sentient, sent to spy the orokin; captured and "reprogrammed" to work for the orokin, then captured by senient and returned with the sentient faction.

The thing i don't undertand is why we still want to be in faction with her.

1) Purple Lotus: if i'm right, since lotus disappear, Ordis start to use a holographic Lotus that talk to us, but now that we know the true story, why ordis stilll continue to use purple lotus insetead of be just him the guys that talk to us?

2) Tenno: "for the lotus!" sometimes you tenno could say this... no sense...  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

So... Lotus was a mimic sentient, sent to spy the orokin; captured and "reprogrammed" to work for the orokin, then captured by senient and returned with the sentient faction.

1) Purple Lotus: if i'm right, since lotus disappear, Ordis start to use a holographic Lotus that talk to us, but now that we know the true story, why ordis stilll continue to use purple lotus insetead of be just him the guys that talk to us?

Sorta?

We're missing some very crucial pieces of information concerning the story which won't be given until the new war is concluded.

Realistically this could go several directions but the Lotus is going to be coming back. And maybe just maybe with some character development.

Maybe being what she wants to be and not what the Orokin or Sentients want her to be.

If they do this right they could make her Character a truly dynamic force in the story vs the plot pawn the character has been used as up to now.

We shall see.

• Like 4

vor 1 Minute schrieb Magus_Tahir:

Sorta?

We're missing some very crucial pieces of information concerning the story which won't be given until the new war is concluded.

Realistically this could go several directions but the Lotus is going to be coming back. And maybe just maybe with some character development.

Maybe being what she wants to be and not what the Orokin or Sentients want her to be.

If they do this right they could make her Character a truly dynamic force in the story vs the plot pawn the character has been used as up to now.

We shall see.

I sadly fear this won't be the case, DE had it's peak with The Second Dream and The War Within, everything else since then sort of felt lackluster and rather forced thne good storytelling, considerign they admit even that they make things up on the fly.

Thing is i fear worse is they hold on Lotus to much as poster idol for the game not wantign to get rid of the precious pre-recorded voice lines in missions or make new one with someone else it always feels for me, stubborn holdign on and this way Lotus won't and can't evolve much and so neather can the game Story wise then.

I am still open for suprises tho, since i love DE still, just question alot but hope they can sitll suprise me postiively.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I am still open for suprises tho, since i love DE still, just question alot but hope they can sitll suprise me postiively.

If anything I want them to just so I can hear the conversations that could happen between Parvos and the Lotus.

I doubt there is anyone who could survive his sass.

29 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Because Rebecca has recorded thousands of lines for Lotus and removing Lotus would mean having to re-record thousands of lines and reducing the role of a high-ranking DE employee.

So it's an investment of money that will displease one member of the Dev team. So it's not going to happen.

31 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Meh. The Lotus is still a symbol for the time the Tenno defeated the Sentient and all of that.

• Like 1

I mainly just want holo-lotus to disappear (because Ordis is pretending to be our mother, and that's all kinds of messed up.) and for different mission types to get the proper person feeding us info,. such as how LD takes over in disruption missions. I want Syndicate leaders to overview syndicate missions, and Teshin to replace Lotus for Steel path missions. (though it can be argued that an overseer is really needed here; you should already know what you have to do.)

this would go a long way for me, it makes more sense and is less annoying than fake lotus babbling in my ear.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

At least.... that's what she currently believes....

My theory is that Ballas is the mastermind.
I think there are a bunch of hints to this in the third "New War" cinematic.

• Ballas smiles when lotus mentions "finishing the war".
  • Erra is surprised when Lotus remembers that she and the tenno killed him, and quickly proceeds to (potentially) gaslight her to convince her that he never died.
  • When the Lotus begins to turn her anger toward Ballas, Erra abruptly stops conversing with Lotus, instead resorting to force to make her comply.
  • Once the Lotus is pushed into whatever device she gets pushed into, Erra immediately drops the leash holding Ballas and Ballas stands up straight alongside Erra (implying that the master/pet thing they had going on was just an act)

See i think that what we see as Erra is actually Erra's corpse (or maybe just a fake), we know that Ballas possesses transference, and is now part sentient, so is there a possibility that he is using transference to puppet Erra.

Edit: I should acknowledge that i don't know what Ballas' motivations could be, maybe he is just acting out of spite?

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

I mean, maybe don't trust the guy named after an Akkadian god of plague, death and lies? Who's role it was to deceive the rulers of Babylon and command an army to lead humanity to ruin? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

why ordis stilll continue to use purple lotus insetead of be just him the guys that talk to us?

Because the Lotus has hundreds of lines since the beginning of the game, re-recording ALL of them for ordis would be an enormous task for pretty much the same result in the end

EDIT: Don't forget that it will cost a lot of money too

Edited by Ailia_Grimm

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Because Rebecca has recorded thousands of lines for Lotus and removing Lotus would mean having to re-record thousands of lines and reducing the role of a high-ranking DE employee.

So it's an investment of money that will displease one member of the Dev team. So it's not going to happen.

Meh. The Lotus is still a symbol for the time the Tenno defeated the Sentient and all of that.

Shes community manager doubt removing the lotus would do anything to her position. Also thousands of lines? Maybe hundreds. Those recorded could stay in the game but be optional if you wanted purple lotus or Ordis to be the guide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

We still love Space Mom!

And yes, Lotus was originally meant to wipe out the Tenno directly as a method of destroying the Warframes that were fighting the Sentients. It was Ballas who originally betrayed the Orokin (in retribution for the execution of Margulis), and worked with Hunhow to infiltrate Natah into their society.

Natah instead felt a connection with the Tenno children, and used her abilities to put them into status and hide Lua from the rest of the Sentients claiming it was destroyed. Hunhow itself was also initially destroyed/disabled, and it's not until Tyr Regor's tinkering around with the remnants that reawakens it. We see Ballas/Erra later manipulating the Lotus back into the Natah mentality.

On an out of lore issue, I imagine they continued to use the purple Lotus hologram as a method not to waste all the voice acting recordings they have for the game, as opposed to recording EVERYTHING again with the Ordis voiceover.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DeckChairVonBananaCamel:

At least.... that's what she currently believes....

My theory is that Ballas is the mastermind.
I think there are a bunch of hints to this in the third "New War" cinematic.

• Ballas smiles when lotus mentions "finishing the war".
  • Erra is surprised when Lotus remembers that she and the tenno killed him, and quickly proceeds to (potentially) gaslight her to convince her that he never died.
  • When the Lotus begins to turn her anger toward Ballas, Erra abruptly stops conversing with Lotus, instead resorting to force to make her comply.
  • Once the Lotus is pushed into whatever device she gets pushed into, Erra immediately drops the leash holding Ballas and Ballas stands up straight alongside Erra (implying that the master/pet thing they had going on was just an act)

See i think that what we see as Erra is actually Erra's corpse (or maybe just a fake), we know that Ballas possesses transference, and is now part sentient, so is there a possibility that he is using transference to puppet Erra.

Edit: I should acknowledge that i don't know what Ballas' motivations could be, maybe he is just acting out of spite?

A lot points to that yes, tho i say there will be more to it as we seen, Ballas might be simply happy he gets revenge for what was done to him, or even belives she is Margulis still, he sitll loves her as corrupt he is, maybe he hopes she is what he is now if you consider things, he is a Amalgam now, why not Natah/Margulis? Why she was able to survive the Void maybe even to put Lua in.

I say someone bigger is behind it, maybe even something bigger then the Sentients themself and all other factions. If DE is able ot suprise me positive again that is.

I simply hope not for some cliche moment or something, reuinting happy end like nothing happened.

Ordis using the hologram is really dum. We should be able to shut it off.

But there is domething off in the new war cinematics. Especially the last one. Era may be a fake and ballas seems off.  Space mom seems off like she's being manipulated.

I still want space mom dead. But there is more to this then we know so far.

• Like 2

Part of it is laziness on DE's part. Removing the "For the Lotus!" line for those of us who do not care for her seems like too much of a chore to do. Replacing all the Lotus lines is a daunting task and one not entirely worth the effort in the meantime.

As for the Sentients, Natah, Erra, and the rest of them. I don't understand what they want. The Sentients wanted the Orokin gone because the Orokin would go to Tau and wreck the place. The Orokin are gone, and any ability they had to dominate is virtually destroyed. The Tenno have proven to be enemy to the Orokin now, meaning that both the Tenno and Sentient see the Orokin as a threat. The Tenno have shown no intention of going to Tau, so there isn't a threat from us to the Sentient home.

The only reason the Sentient want us gone is because of revenge, or because they're flat out scared of us. We are poison to them, but if they never came back to fight us, we'd never have bothered them in Tau.

As for Lotus/Natah, I personally see a Sentient that tried to kill us. Multiple times. Is trying to subvert the flaw of the Sentients and thus find a way to better kill us. A Sentient born entirely to be a mimic, a spy, someone who'd stab us in the back. I'd not take any chances with it. Chamber a round, or a thousand. It matters not to me how many. As many as it takes to bring her down for good.

• Like 1

As far as i inderstand it. The sentients know the orokin are gone. They just see all life thats not them as an enemy.

There is also a level of wanting revenge.  They also seem to want the kuva on cetus to heal themselves.

I don't think era is actually era. In the last cinematic lotus says she killed him. He did not survive at all. And ballas in the cinematic gave off a vibe of pretending to be weak. Well looking like a master manipulater.

His wierd void eye was the same as our eyes in the flashback. When lotus seemed to outright control the tenno.

I think there will be a major plot twist with the new war and duviri paradox.

I still want space mom dead though.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

13 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Natah is a person, Lotus is an ideal

"Lotus" is woven too deeply into Tenno culture. It's as integral to Tenno as the colors red white and blue are to America. The symbols are everywhere. Hidden on every Warframe, hidden in certain weapons, slapped on many dojo decorations, mastery rank symbols, the Orokin wove the idea of "Lotus" on everything we had

It worked a little too well. The Orokin gave us these Lotus motifs as a way to control us (control our thought, control our allegiance). But when Natah ordered us to kill the Orokin, we cast down the Orokin iconography while clinging to our own.

As a result, even the loss of Natah herself isn't enough to make us give up on Lotus

• Like 2