Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

42 minutes ago, HansLuft778 said:

I don't know where the "mastery 30 is max"-thing comes from, is if form a statement from DE? 

15 minutes ago, Varpulis said:

If the other mastery ranks had no significance, why do you expect something special from MR30?

12 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But they did.

Hide contents

In the player's heads. Which is all that is needed.

From Reb in this Gamestop interview that took place earlier this year: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

At the 9:50 mark, she explains that WF 2 hasn't happened in part because DE themselves are pondering with what reaching MR30 means to begin with. If that's a sign to move on to signal WF as "completed" by labeling it the ultimate goal.

I now wonder if I should have added that interview to the OP now in consideration of the number of dismissive posts. If DE themselves are thinking about the meaning and significance of MR30 then so should everyone.

There will certainly be something beyond 30. What I can't say. Elite levels? It will most likely be cosmetic of some sort. Perhaps gifts of Forma or Umbra Forma and the like. A lvl 30 care and or thank you package.

This really doesn't feel any different to other MMO's where you spend the entire expansion getting the best gear and beating the content only for it to start again with the next Xpac. One journey ends and another begins. 

After reading through all of this I get the impression that this is more trying to reason internally the feelings you have on this. I am sure there are others out there who share the views you have listed. That said it does come across as over hyping it and building it up too much as we have zero to go on for Rank 30 and they have promised nothing. To me it comes across as attempting to make DE have only one of two choices on this. If Youtubers and other content creators create a false expectation that hypes a portion of the player base up that will be on the content creators being false prophets to their audiences and setting unrealistic expectations for their audiences to demand.

Whatever value there is to Rank 30 outside of what DE choses to give is a personal one. Flexing, and bragging rights in public, but the reality is the value assigned is still a personal decision if it is a shared value among other Tenno or not is irrelevant. To those who do not care about Mastery Rank the accomplishment is meaningless for those that do they will celebrate it with others of like mind. 

I do not say this to demean your position and this will be cliche. The value of your achievements will have to come from within first, and from the game second. If you need to have the game reinforce you beyond what we have already, and into the unknown future as no reward was ever promised you will have to come to terms with that for yourself. DE will eventually have to answer the question that much is certain, but going into it with false expectations, and limited options will only lead you to sorrow.

Be well Jarriaga

-M 

6 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

That said it does come across as over hyping it and building it up too much as we have zero to go on for Rank 30 and they have promised nothing.

I actually started thinking about it after I watched this interview with Reb: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

At the 9:50 mark, she calls reaching MR30 "the ultimate goal", and DE themselves seem to struggle with its significance. Which I take it as they maybe not wanting it to be just a number.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post.

Why does anyone even think Mastery Rank 30 will be the max? 

It's a placeholder, it's always been a placeholder.

DE will keep making more mastery ranks as long as people keep playing buying or grinding new content and said new content creates enough mastery for more ranks. Why would they stop? Just because it was the original number way back in the beginning, for nostalgia sake? 

You are overthinking this. 

21 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Would have loved to know that  a long time ago. Would have saved me 80 (16x5) Forma from Kuva weapons and Railjack intrinsic farming.

It would be nice if DE prepared something special for people who reach MR 30, but don't go expecting the moon and then be disappointed because the devs didn't meet expectations they hadn't even set.

Then you go a step further and make a proactive complaint as if you want to have something to be upset about. If it is to justify the time you spent grinding your soul down, then maybe you should consider taking a break.

I’m 2/3 of the way from 28 to 29. Ive been playing since PS4 launch so clearly I haven’t rushed to level. My best case scenario would be to see DE remove the level reset on Forma for MR30 players. Otherwise, just having a cool glyph I should nice. DE owes us nothing for reaching 30, it is completely player choice. My wife has played as long as I have but never cared to plow through Master fodder so she is only 23 and doesn’t regret it.

It'll be interesting to see what they do for MR 30 as people hyped the importance of Mastery Points forever.

Personally, I could never work up the energy to care as I didn't see it having value and knew it would require doing stuff I didn't feel like doing to raise it.

Truth told, I don't even know what my own MR even is nowadays.

...I just take the tests to stop the icon from blinking at me. 

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I actually started thinking about it after I watched this interview with Reb: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

At the 9:50 mark, she calls reaching MR30 "the ultimate goal", and DE themselves seem to struggle with its significance. Which I take it as they maybe not wanting it to be just a number.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post.

Ah yes I remember this interview. I won't speak for Rebecca, but I do feel the context of the question and how her answer was worded plays a good part having listened to it again. Especially as it was very nuanced, and far more nebulous in general about Warframes future and or Warframe II and the like as she quickly left the Rank 30 behind and moved into the whole of the game itself. 

That said, we will find out when we get there, and I hope to see you there.

1 hour ago, LupoDWolf said:

TL;DR
i want to complain to DR abou somehing that was never meant to be that meaningfull without any base for it

Thank you god that was a boring read by the poster. I was looking for a tl dr version. Mastery rank is just a boring grindy no. Anything past 16 becomes mostly useless apart for trade slot.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

This has been hyped for as long as the game has been alive.

Wrong. False. BullS#&$.

DE hasn't mentioned MR as a tableau for accomplishment since the galatine was new.

You don't seem to understand marketing is not gameplay. Marketing is not mechanics. Marketing is not fulfillment.

22 minutes ago, Genitive said:

It would be nice if DE prepared something special for people who reach MR 30, but don't go expecting the moon and then be disappointed because the devs didn't meet expectations they hadn't even set.

My personal expectations are just that. My personal expectations. But the devs themselves seen to struggle with it. Reb calls MR30 the ultimate goal in the interview I linked. They struggle with its significance, which means they themselves may not want it to be just a number. More so in the context of the question of what WF's future is and why there is no WF 2 yet 

And just because I would have done things differently had I known better doesn't mean I'm complaining. Stop projecting your cynical negative perceptions on people.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

MR30 will come with the greatest reward imaginable...freedom from being obsessed with MR.

Until we get Mastery Prestige ranks inspired by the awesome-totally-not-hated Nightwave Prestige system!

7 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Wrong. False. BullS#&$.

DE hasn't mentioned MR as a tableau for accomplishment since the galatine was new.

You don't seem to understand marketing is not gameplay. Marketing is not mechanics. Marketing is not fulfillment.

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

9:50 mark. That's from earlier this year. 

Care to rephrase your post as they "never having mentioned it again after the Gallatine" when you have Reb pondering about the meaning of reaching MR30 while calling it the ultimate goal? 

Or is your reaction strictly from a point of "I didn't see it happen, therefore it never happened"? 

Also, you quoted someone else I was quoting. I take it you didn't really read the post. 

5 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

9:50 mark. That's from earlier this year. 

Care to rephrase your post as they "never having mentioned it again after the Gallatine" when you have Reb pondering about the meaning of reaching MR30 while calling it the ultimate goal? 

Or is your reaction strictly from a point of "I didn't see it happen, therefore it never happened"? 

Nope. You think I ignored that when you ignored what her job at DE is, and what the context of the interview is. MR30 is literally meaningless, and the only person whom doesn't get that is you. Care to rephrase your butthurt when mr30 is a fancy icon and a little hologram and nothing else?

1 minute ago, -Kittens- said:

Nope. You think I ignored that when you ignored what her job at DE is, and what the context of the interview is. MR30 is literally meaningless, and the only person whom doesn't get that is you. 

I see. So you're calling her a liar.

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Care to rephrase your butthurt when mr30 is a fancy icon and a little hologram and nothing else?

And this further shows that you didn't read/analyze the full post. I end it by making peace with DE doing nothing at all or even flat-out killing any expectation otherwise by adding MR31. 

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Seeing how angry people are getting just talking about MR30 DE is screwed no matter what they do

I agree. I'm actually surprised at personal attack and projections being thrown. They seem to ignore that I even end the post by making my peace with DE doing nothing at all for MR30. Yet that doesn't stop people from saying I'm complaining. 

Which just gets me to wonder if they just stopped reading halfway through and decided to imagine the rest of my argument. 

They also ignore that I highlight that those who don't want for MR30 to be something big are just as important. 

Ao what gives? 

59 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

From Reb in this Gamestop interview that took place earlier this year: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/how-warframe-plans-to-improve-in-2020/2300-6452033/

At the 9:50 mark, she explains that WF 2 hasn't happened in part because DE themselves are pondering with what reaching MR30 means to begin with. If that's a sign to move on to signal WF as "completed" by labeling it the ultimate goal.

I now wonder if I should have added that interview to the OP now in consideration of the number of dismissive posts. If DE themselves are thinking about the meaning and significance of MR30 then so should everyone.

Oh crapbaskets. I will grab my forest camo clothes.

29 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

And just because I would have done things differently had I known better doesn't mean I'm complaining. Stop projecting your cynical negative perceptions on people.

Sure, sorry about that.

I don't see any problem with reaching MR 30, for all the effort and time to grind there, you will just never need to lvl up the weapon or frame again after reaching lvl 30, so level gear once to max then just put formas right away without resetting to lvl 1. This might be too little reward for some but for many it is a big change and rewarding enough. 

37 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I see. So you're calling her a liar.

And this further shows that you didn't read/analyze the full post. I end it by making peace with DE doing nothing at all or even flat-out killing any expectation otherwise by adding MR31. 

No, you're calling her a liar based on speculation without evidence. Projection much?

Archived