Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one loving Steel Path?

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Clearly their message is not getting across. I think you vastly overestimate the number of people who pay attention to "devstreams, regular streams, reddit, forums and twitter". Yeah, it sounds like a lot when you list it like that, but it's not the number of platforms they put their message out across that counts, it's the number of people who pick up the message.

This is not about definitions, it's about perception. To a lot of people, this will look like something significant, their expectations will raise, and then they'll get in an their expectations will not be met.

There is a discussion about evergreen rewards, for example. I personally don't care about the rewards, but other people are looking at 120 starchart missions worth of progress with lvl 500 equivalent enemies and are wondering why the rewards don't match. Heck, even some streamers who have been there for all the expectations management, and know what it's meant to be about, can't help themselves in criticising the mode for what it isn't.

I think given how the mode is now presented (as more than just an option to jump in at a high level) DE are going to have to put in those extra rewards. At the moment the mode is neither here or there in what it wants to be. If it's meant to be just about jumping in at a higher level, the whole thing should be scaled back. Otherwise, they should go the whole way and treat it as a mode that a reasonable number of people might be expected to play regularly. Obviously they can no longer do the former, so I think their only option is to do the latter.

The peple who doesn't have an excuse for this aren't everyone on the list I gave, I was talking about forum users and you deliberately deleted that on the quote to make your point. 

About rewards: Nah, they should keep same as regular, to give emphasis on "this is not for everyone, it's optional", more rewards would lead to a mindset on the line of "they are forcing content I don't like to have those rewards!" (like the complains we have on arbis, eidolon, whole operator system, open worlds, archwing, nightwave, e/so, defection, conclave/lunaro, railjack, profit taker, lich system... I could keep going but I think you get it). So, same rewards as regular = No one will feel the need to be in there even if they don't like.

Just now, vanaukas said:

Did you read your own comment? 

I don't even know what you're talking about. I quoted parts of your comment, but for the whole context anyone can go and read your post. I didn't "delete" anything.

Just now, schilds said:

I don't even know what you're talking about. I quoted parts of your comment, but for the whole context anyone can go and read your post. I didn't "delete" anything.

Read the three comments again. 

Just now, vanaukas said:

Read the three comments again. 

I have no clue which part of "my point" you think is invalid, I'm not a miind reader, and I have no clue which part of your comment you think I didn't address properly.

Why don't you stop playing silly games and spell it out what you think the (dis)connection is?

Fact is I didn't "deliberately" omit anything with some ulterior motive, like you assume, so I don't actually have any clue what you're talking about.

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

I have no clue which part of "my point" you think is invalid, I'm not a miind reader, and I have no clue which part of your comment you think I didn't address properly.

Why don't you stop playing silly games and spell it out what you think the (dis)connection is?

Fact is I didn't "deliberately" omit anything with some ulterior motive, like you assume, so I don't actually have any clue what you're talking about.

the part yousrself choosed to quote about "people have no excuses" to argue about the steel path being something like endgame here in the forums and failing to understand the literal "this is not endgame" on the same forum. Instead, you used that to talk about people from other media platforms

13 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

the part yousrself choosed to quote about "people have no excuses" to argue about the steel path being something like endgame here in the forums and failing to understand the literal "this is not endgame" on the same forum. Instead, you used that to talk about people from other media platforms

Ok, then I think I've misunderstood part of what you wrote. Apologies.

Nevertheless, I think what I've said doesn't specifically rely on any individual quote, but stands by itself.

I *do* agree DE put in a lot of effort to communicate and manage expectations. I'm not sure it has worked, but I could be wrong. I guess DE will have more data and feedback on that to decide for themselves.

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ok, then I think I've misunderstood part of what you wrote. Apologies.

Nevertheless, I think what I've said doesn't specifically rely on any individual quote, but stands by itself.

I *do* agree DE put in a lot of effort to communicate and manage expectations. I'm not sure it has worked, but I could be wrong. I guess DE will have more data and feedback on that to decide for themselves.

Don't worry, I wasn't mad or something. I don't kow if more effort from their part would counter the "overhype culture" that surrounds this kind of medium.

I'm enjoying it so far. Had a few curve balls so far, namely Limbo not being as useful on defence missions (Takes too long to kill stuff so took Baruuk and played keep away with his exalted instead) and l really should have brought slowva to interception. Hildryn is helping with armour stripping and  Ivara is as good as ever on spy with the bonus of being able to stealth kill eximus units with ease. (I just wished I had some steel essence to show for it)

First archwing mission was fun because theres actual enemies in numbers now and stuff I was levelling up levelled up faster. 

Also 2 shotting Vay Hek with Baruuk was satisfying. Consider it revenge for making me do the original about 50 times because one of hydroid's parts wouldn't drop. 😈😈

Earth is done, now to try out some of the other worlds.

On 2020-07-10 at 5:27 AM, schilds said:

They can get on the forums and manage expectations all they like, but what is most visible to most players is what they're presented with when they log into the game.

No matter what is said about a thing, there will be players who forget/ignore/misinterpret what's been said and just paint a picture in their heads of what they want that thing to be. Then they complain when that thing doesn't meet their expectations, despite those expectations contradicting the release info.

This is beyond a designer's control though. Not much to be done about it.

I was planning to play through it all quickly, but have instead spent  time just goofing around with different weapons while replaying some nodes. I'm really not sure why they all were nerfed before release. I have a few times set it up for the setting that allows randoms, used so rarely I forget the name. I do that to observe others, mainly to see what they are leaning towards, I usually will just chill when doing so, and only defend an objective if needed to make sure there isn't a failure.

I watched a video of someone doing vay hek on earth solo with rhino. I decided to see if I could do it faster without a rhino buff, so I did it with Inaros the sarpa and a brakk. It was considerably faster than the rhino run, but that run was pre release nerf.

I'll eventually play through it all just expected the mobs to be harder to kill. I appreciate the mode I just feel maybe DE was led astray by testers, as it's beyond easy for a hard mode.

On 2020-07-10 at 1:55 AM, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Are people really that weak?

Even if it doesn't have any rewards I won't switch back to normal mode.. EVER!

I get to use and switch between my min/maxed frames and rivens to its full potential. To be honest I'm having fun with Steel Path. Although new rewards like exclusive mods which they intentionally had in mind would be awesome. Maybe in the future?

Cool story bro. Expect steel path to be dead in a week lol. The enemies are just tedious and warframes still cheese so mostly DE wasted their time and effort creating steel path lol

Bullet Sponges are not my cup of tea, once I get my trophies I will never touch this game mode ever again. Also isn’t the sortie modifier kinda make the new enemy stat scaling that is meant to reduce the sponginess of enemies allowing for more weapon choices irrelevant?

No matter how shiny is the reward is, I won’t force myself to a mode that forces me to use META setups I do not like.

It is decent, but it lacks rewards so has little replay value. I wont see myself doing any Kuva grind in steel path, and since that is the only thing I'm currently after, steel path will see little use after I'm done with the chart. A simple switch would be to replace the drop chance booster for a 2x resource booster and increase essence drop rate.

On 2020-07-09 at 4:25 PM, XaelathRavenstorm said:

I get to use and switch between my min/maxed frames and rivens to its full potential. To be honest I'm having fun with Steel Path. Although new rewards like exclusive mods which they intentionally had in mind would be awesome. Maybe in the future?

I'm already struggling to find things to do since i've maxed all weapons and formaed all my frames. There's really nothing fun about it. I guess the mastery is nice but I can't be bothered.

If they buffed the rewards that would be nice, but honestly just having a mode where I can put my builds through more of a challenge is very nice. If the rewards were buffed the Steel Path would certainly have more futureproofing.

I just finished it, and it was fun, we don't get to experienced the star chart much after we finish it, and it was nice to have level appropriate content, but they need to do a serious time and effort comparison when they are making harder modes, because sub optimal rewards are always going to drive away farmers. 

It also shows just how badly some stuff scales, like the coin carriers in the new tileset. I wish games could devise better difficulty than simply adding TTK and damage taken. I'd rather have fewer foes that I really had to work around rather than a flood of only meta can kill it zerg. 

I like the game mode... its just... nothing to farm out or work for in the long run... this mode is supposed to be optional yes... i understand that, but it should also have better rewards if there is supposed to be a store that has items so we farm essences and spend them on these things...for the store Teshin has the rewards can be gotten else where in higher quantities or are just out right useless (looking at the forma here), the cosmetics are... okay but personally they could have done better.

On 2020-07-09 at 9:25 PM, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Your Certainly a minority

Archived