Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2020 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

There are some posts that borderline hinges between "I didn't like something and I want to criticize" and "I didn't like something so I'll threw up a tantrum and some empty threats to intimidate DE into taking back these changes". The latter becomes more apparent when 2 consecutive disposition nerfs happen to a weapon that is OP, such as Bramma or Catchmoon. There are always some people that "deletes their account" after the first nerf, but somehow be able to "delete their account" for a second time when the same nerf happens one more time, 3 months later.

I guess the first deletion is for the actual purpose and the second time is just for that sweet, tingling sensation. 

12 hours ago, kxZyle said:

Increase the lower dispo cap to 1.0.

edit: Gonna use this post to highlight, to the people streaming in just to point and laugh at people's misery, what exactly the problem with our current system is:

Exactly!

People won´t stop using their favourite weapons and they won´t use a bad one just because the riven dispo rises.

Too many weapons have bad base stats and no riven in the world will change this, due to the % system.

If a weapon comes with bad crit chance AND bad status chance - or something mediocre at best - and also has mainly impact/puncture damage.... then a riven won´t suddenly make this a good weapon. Unless, of course, this weapon offers something so special in terms of functionality, that people will use it for the mechanics. And that´s really the biggest problem - 90% of all weapons are plainly boring without alternate fire modes or interesting gimmicks.

People either love or hate the riven system, I feel there is not much in between. Stomping peoples' efforts/investments into the ground is simply a bad idea.

You only lose that part of the community that supported the idea behind it and enjoyed it as one of the very few "random" factors of the game.

At the end of the day, it´s DE´s responsibility to CREATE, TEST and APPROVE new weapons. Every nerf is basically the same as admitting "We were wrong! But it´s your fault."

12 hours ago, kxZyle said:

Increase the lower dispo cap to 1.0.

edit: Gonna use this post to highlight, to the people streaming in just to point and laugh at people's misery, what exactly the problem with our current system is:

So I actually really enjoy the riven system. What's wrong with losing an investment?  The game is able to fluctuate over time and the system is self balancing, because the better a weapon is the worse its riven is.

All content can be cleared without a riven.  If you forma your weapon, then even some of the less powerful weapons can see some potential.  If I like how a weapon handles and feels, but it just doesn't have the stats to back it up, then I can use a riven to make up for that.  (Ferrox, Phage for me).

I don't see an issue with how rivens work. Do you really want to just be able to get the exact stat you want? Perfecting the riven for a hyper optimization is something to work for that is completely unnecessary.  So what concerns about the riven system do you have that you believe warrant an overhaul of the system?

Is it the random aspect of it? If it wasn't random, then I presume there would be some way to pick and choose buffs, which would lead to always choosing specific stats.  You can take a riven and make several stats work depending on what was rolled.  Sure, some of them are more useful than others, but there's no harm in it? If the mod helps content to be cleared, then it's done it's job.

8 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

Exactly!

People won´t stop using their favourite weapons and they won´t use a bad one just because the riven dispo rises.

Too many weapons have bad base stats and no riven in the world will change this, due to the % system.

If a weapon comes with bad crit chance AND bad status chance - or something mediocre at best - and also has mainly impact/puncture damage.... then a riven won´t suddenly make this a good weapon. Unless, of course, this weapon offers something so special in terms of functionality, that people will use it for the mechanics. And that´s really the biggest problem - 90% of all weapons are plainly boring without alternate fire modes or interesting gimmicks.

People either love or hate the riven system, I feel there is not much in between. Stomping peoples' efforts/investments into the ground is simply a bad idea.

You only lose that part of the community that supported the idea behind it and enjoyed it as one of the very few "random" factors of the game.

At the end of the day, it´s DE´s responsibility to CREATE, TEST and APPROVE new weapons. Every nerf is basically the same as admitting "We were wrong! But it´s your fault."

I can't disagree with you more on this. Having amassed a large collection of weapons and rivens for several of them, when the disposition increases, I'm always going right to see how far I can push that weapon.

The hirudo increase is lovely.  Kesheg? I liked that weapon in the first place.

Also, when they reworked the weapons, they did away with the whole "bad crit and satus" on weapons. No weapon has stats so poor that it can't be used (save for mk1, etc).

The reality is that those weapons that have a low disposition are already really good weapons, so they don't need as much of a stat buff from the mod to be effective.  That's why the disposition is lowered.  I have a strong disdain for the "set disposition and leave it" approach that had been suggested.  That just doesn't take into account the reality of a game whose meta changes over time.

And really? Every need is them admitting they were wrong but it's our fault? I've seen this language in the past but not with riven dispositions.. riven dispositions are really not weapon nerfs.. lwering the stats on ONE mod by however much % shouldn't suddenly mean you can no longer do what you were doing with the weapon before then.... It'll just be a bit less effective at it.

12 hours ago, Adem940 said:

thanks for destroying kuva weapon rivens, you might as well remove the whole riven BS all together.

This post sounds really whiny.  Those kuva weapons tear through content without rivens.  They don't need really good rivens to further the gap between them and other weapons...

12 hours ago, Nocthmyst said:

^

Rivens were meant to be a solution for balancing performance across all weapons but this is hardly the case now. Why not give rivens a re-purpose, which is to make them end-game material by increasing the disposition range? This way rivens can be viable on all weapons, even on weapons that are already considered meta to give them an additional boost in performance, while weapons less used will still have their high riven dispositions for keeping up with the meta.

How is this not the case? A great riven let's me take vasto in missions where it can compete with similar pistols.  I can use Phage and Ferrox instead of relying on just kuva bramma the whole time.  It is absolutely balancing weapons.  I don't know why people don't see this.  Have you tried just going through weapons and finding one whose feel suits you?  When you've done that, you want to take it to more and more content.  Rivens help make that a reality.  Alternatively, they would need to constant rebalance stats of weapons....

12 hours ago, AngelaZiegeler said:

Nerf ALL the popular weapon by at least 1.5 until it's dead and buff tons of useless weapon that is still a trash even with a "god" riven
Nice job , DE

Have you even tried using these so called "trash" weapons with a riven?? If not, how the hell would you know if it's useless.  You don't, and they're not useless.

10 hours ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

And there's some weapons i literally never see (mire, dragon nikana, plague strikes...) getting gutted, this is silly.

How would you know if you saw a plague strike.. do you really look at the weapon sprite on each player you play with?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Why should Riven Disposition be based on player usage and popularity, and not based on the efficacy of the weapons’ stats, traits, and perks that define itself in the present content?

well, de want riven to encourage ppl to play non-meta weapons, that is only purpose why DE create this riven.

1 hour ago, Masayama_ said:

If they continue with their trash updates, this game will die when Cyberpunk releases it

but cyberpunk is single player , right?

2 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Warframe isn't ?

nope, warframe is multi, u can play alone but u can play with your friends too (don't say people play solo, it's just preference because many ppl out there still play with friends).

Im curious if these top used meta weapons are the lowest deposition possible will players still use them? I believe so. If so I would be okay with DE making top 10 of each primary, secondary and melee automatically the lowest immediately instead of over time.

49 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

nope, warframe is multi, u can play alone but u can play with your friends too (don't say people play solo, it's just preference because many ppl out there still play with friends).

Funny when I play pub I rarely find people to join and the once in a blue moon when people do join, I find them afk or behaving like index ai bots

hace 16 horas, [DE]Connor dijo:

Reaper Prime: 1.15->1

Wheren't rivens meant to fix unpopular weapons???? This is just 1 extract, i haven't see any one run with the reaper prime in years and you guys go and nerf this one and the hate? Who has been watchint to much youtube back catalogue from when the heavy atack was hyped up ?

hace 16 horas, [DE]Connor dijo:

Orthos Prime: 0.55->0.6

Galatine Prime: 0.55->0.65

Because my weps need a bit more help to 1 shot the "hard" mode ...

Honest feedback : remove this system already

14 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Everyone knew it was coming, but not this hard, rip gram prices

It's not done,  the old system gave it a 5 (visually) disposition it will be a one in the end . It Will receive a maximum Nerf every change until I get to the minimum everyone knows this kronen Prime is the same way.

hace 18 minutos, Eluminary dijo:

kronen Prime is the same way.

ermmm kronen it's in a diferent league, they should hammer it like they did the zenith. This is from a player with a good kronen riven ...

9 minutes ago, kaotis said:

ermmm kronen it's in a diferent league, they should hammer it like they did the zenith. This is from a player with a good kronen riven ...

Both of them are the same way the old system had the prime version inherit the same disposition as the non-prime version no one use the non-prime version of either very much before the prime version was put in, so they both started at maximum disposition.  Both weapons are quite good and quite high in the usage statistics and will eventually be minimum disposition that's all I was saying.   People act like they're surprised when their nerfed everytime time it should have been very obvious which weapons were going to be going down to minimum very quickly.

Archived