Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2020 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

hace 24 minutos, Eluminary dijo:

People act like they're surprised when their nerfed everytime time it should have been very obvious which weapons were going to be going down to minimum very quickly

I stil can't belive they nerfed the reaper prime or the hate... yes they are good in specific setups but stil ... the main reason for this sistem was to give mroe unf to the barely used weps... and if you see a reaper prime runing arround you better make a screen shot , just as valuable as seeing an yeti. 

Nerf after nerf on the same weapons is getting really old 😞 

You have a great system with rivens that you are ruining with these band aid updates to dispo. Set the lowest to 1, not 0.65 as thats useless.

I have personally been off rivens for a while directly due to how you handle them, I cant spend time and get excited for something knowing DE will likely nerf it anyway because its fun.

Please oh please rework the riven system entirely

12 minutes ago, kaotis said:

I stil can't belive they nerfed the reaper prime or the hate... yes they are good in specific setups but stil ... the main reason for this sistem was to give mroe unf to the barely used weps... and if you see a reaper prime runing arround you better make a screen shot , just as valuable as seeing an yeti. 

I expected them too shortly after the original Melee change lots of YouTuber.  Posted alot about the heavy attack build with these weapons.  This spiked the popularity enough to put them in the crosshairs for nerfs to disposition.  They might not make it down to the minimum though

1 час назад, _Miyagisan_ сказал:

WOOHOO people crying "oMg GrAm Is tRash NoW!½!½!" "rEaPEr pRimE DeD OMFG DE nO fUn ALLowED½!½!"

These are powerful weapons even without rivens, but maybe it just goes to show what these crybabies know about anything regarding the game itself 😂

More salty tears please 😈😆

Did u see hes attack speed genius?

hace 6 minutos, Eluminary dijo:

I expected them too shortly after the original Melee change lots of YouTuber.  Posted alot about the heavy attack build with these weapons.  This spiked the popularity enough to put them in the crosshairs for nerfs to disposition.

That's why my original post was implying that some one was looking at old youtube vids. They are good but only in that particular setup. They are strong setups but far from the most optimal in terms of kiling stuf. Just the chargeup alone will be offputing i'd say for 70% of players.

First of all, I think we, as a community, should not overreact to the every 3 Month occouring Riven changes. It is a well known cycle of Power tweaking and nobody forces you to spent 3k Plat or any other stupid amount on `the best Melee 2020 #killseverything´ Youtube tells you or the next hot thing Prime Access brings you.

But, in my opinion, it would be very nice to reevaluate the Kuvavalues. Maybe higher drop rates, maybe lower rolling costs, idrk. But to be honest it is anything but fun to do Kuva survival 30, 45, 60 Mins plus, normaly solo just to spin the dice some times on a Riven. In my thinking this would set the Rivenprices back to an unstupid level, too. If a roll would cost 1k Kuva instead of 3.5, nobody would have to pay stupid amounts of plat on Riven, we could react to metashifts (buttonmash vs. heavyattackbuilds, for example) more easy and it would be easier to react to Dispochanges and instead of murmuring in forums just roll the riven for the next hot thing in the oven a couple of thousand times to get to a really good smashing roll.

Just my 2 cent.

What is the reason to nerf the Sepfahn so hard??????

From 210% CC to 150% now.... why I had spend 1.3 Million Kuva for my favorite weapon? the Broken War is straong as twice the sepfahn now, where is the reason?

W H E R E?

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Phyng0n1c_Official:

Maybe you shouldn't render all the kuva farming useless because you think "popular->nerf". Change your philosophy on this. Or continue to not rework the riven system and being ignorant of how much kuva we need to get a decent roll... The fact that kuva disruption exist proves my point. That gamemode is a very tasteless joke.

EDIT: Also I wonder how much the heavy gunners complain about our weapons being 'too strong". In a PvE game... Yeah...
Oh and also set the minimum dispo to 1.0. Aka 3/5 dots.

This.

Yea we like using stylish and fun weapons more than stronger but lamer weapons but DE keeps taking that away from us. They just see "ah people still use the dragon nikana, NERF" meanwhile this weapon isn't even top tier WITH a riven. I have melees perform better than my Corr+heat d. Nikana with a +elec+dmg+attackspeed-finisher riven WITHOUT a riven. But people just want a dark red-glowing nikana instead of ur generic OP melee but DE still does not understand it.

DE just reads statistics and doesn't actually play their own game

15 hours ago, VeraElena said:

have you tried not getting a Riven for a popular weapon that does not need a Riven?

Vera stop kissing their asses. It isn't only about fat damage. It's alsof about convienence of a weapon. How it handles,  or if its a good side weapon for condition overload etc. If they don't want meta weapons or weapons that are stronger then others, get rid of the rivens alle together instead of grabbing peoples money and then nerve things to get more money.

15 hours ago, Sweagen said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Riven thing but I have rerolled a ton for a weapon I like (Twin Krohkur) and I see on here it has  been nerfed a little. Does this effect existing Riven mods on ur weapons or is this only for future rerolls? Thanks if anyone can help me cuz I tried searching it and the information on it is pretty unclear. 

Yes

13 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

its almost 2 year that they are balancing things, dunno how people ae still surprised and spend large amounts of plat on then

Because they want for DE to never nerf, always buff.

- They want for lower tier weapons to be buffed ignoring that DE reworked weapon damage to be tiered and grouped them based on the damage ballpark for their MR.

- They ignore that if base stats are adjusted, Riven stats just push them further.

- They mention that it's unfair to get a nerf based on popularity when Connor says in the OP that there's an internal power ranking as well.

- They say that low disposition makes Rivens compete with regular mods ignoring that if a weapon has a low disposition it's most likely powerful-enough as to not need a Riven to begin with.

- They focus in outlier cases edging out variants as to invalidate the rest of the balance pass. "If A is unbalanced, then B-Z should be unbalanced as well".

- They say that DE is "killing fun" when Rivens offer nothing but efficiency. Rivens don't change sound, visual effects, animations or add secondary fire modes. The perfect Riven is an instant-death stat, which of course they'll try to put in a weapon with punch-through and a high fire rate "because it's fun".

- They point out their plat and Kuva investment, yet ignore that you are opting into the system.

- They say DE is doing this to push Riven plat sales, yet they are against preventing Rivens from being traded with plat.

- They ask for a Riven system rework, yet when asked how would the "reworked" system ensure it doesn't benefit high tier weapons disproportionately more, they move the goalpost to "Bad weapons should just be buffed".

- DE changed the disposition system so new weapons don't get an artificial power boost, thus avoiding a very early nerf. They complain that the minimum disposition is too low.

So what do you get when you put all of that together in a single box? You get the truth: They will always complain as long as Rivens are not max disposition for the higher-tier weapons. There is no argument you can present for them to make peace with the system.

The riven nerfs are an endless cycle. People play with unpopular weapons and avoid the popular ones because of their good dispo. This then causes the unpopular ones to become popular and receive riven nerfs. Nerfing one of the 8 mods on a players weapon by 15% every 3 months hardly changes their dps, all it does is make people angry.

I agree with the posts about raising the lower riven limit. Rivens are a huge time and resource dump (or a huge money dump). They should be powerful and worth the resources, time, mastery requirement and 18 mod capacity, even on weapons that are popular and powerful. Currently, as weapon rivens get closer to the 0.5 dispo level, they begin to become outclassed by the basic 90% elemental and dual stat mods. Why invest in a riven for my meta weapon when I can use less Forma and a common mod and do slightly less damage? Currently rivens are allowed on every weapon (that I am aware of), make it so people seek out rivens for all of their favorite weapons, not just the unpopular ones. 

Know what, I already Learnt My Lesson from Your Last BS Riven Nerf, So I Never bothered with any of the OP Weapons Riven. Kind of Happy and Sad seeing Others having the Same Issue as me, During Last Riven Dispo Change.. In Fact Thanks for Nerfing Bramma,Really Hated that Weapon... 

Nearly all the weapons I use, except Fulmin, were nerfed.

My issue with riven disp buffs is that they nearly useless. I have Gram Prime and Orthos Prime, and rivens for both. I much rather use Orthos, but due to riven disp there are much better options. Yes, Gram went from 1.45 to 1.05 in 2 patches, which is... fine, but why has Orthos went up only from 0.5 to 0.6? Is it going to take 60 riven patch updates for it to be in the same level of other similar melee weapons? I do not get this.

OR set the disposition to 1.0 MINIMUM,  OR give people the option to "re-roll" their investment time/money (aka the polarizations (wasted time) and the kuva (wasted resources).

Seems more and more this has nothing to do with balancing at all but purely with "keeping people grinding" and "making people spend more platinum" while at the same time ruining their game that they worked weeks/months for.

The entire riven system is a burning mess.

DE did balance all weapons around their expected damage / Mastery Level lock and then completely ignored those principles when dealing with rivens!.

At least with new weapons starting at minimal disposition there would be less of an impression of a "cash grab" than when a new, popular weapon got slammed with consecutive disposition nerfs.

Still the entire riven circus isn't working as advertised, a riven should pull a weapon above its intended MR tier, but not to the point of being better than it's prime variant.

See the case of the baza, MR 7 vs baza prime, MR 10, considering that the prime at 3 MR ranks more got minimal improvements on the base version already, the difference in disposition makes a MR 7 weapon better than an MR 10 one with the same mods - not what's intended or wanted for rivens (and baza prime lack any distinguishing feature from her base version)

Similar situation whith corinth MR 8 and corinth prime MR 14, were the prime is also hampered by a slower reload speed (but secondary fire is better! at the expense of consuming more ammo and having in fact the same number of shots in grenade mode than the standar version plus detonation only on command, making it more difficult to operate)...

So, if a riven currently can make a weapon better with the same build than one 3 or 6! ranks above it, then that same riven should give a comparable boost to the higher ranked weapon - everything else: popularity, usage numbers, etc is just noise.

A higher MR weapon should be better than a worse weapon, at best a riven should bridge the gap betwen base version and its prime / vandal / wraith /whatever version without riven, not discard the entire tiering system altogether!

At the same time differences in riven dispositions create further umbalances among weapons supposedly at the same tier.

Meanwhile higher disposition means also proportionally higher negative traits on a riven... quite counterintuitive for something meant to pull up crap weapons if the downside can reach "-225% damage" levels of trolling

Lastly at a whopping 18 points modding cost rivens should also be at least worth slotting in place of a primed mod and not being worse at low dispositions than even 60/60 mods or corrupted mods.

Its not a shock anymore im too the point rivens are a joke ...the system and rng to unveil something you want is getting old 

they do this mostly based on stats soo when they see over use its crushed same with weapons like the catch moon way back

ofc mentioning this will get this post deleted but oh well .........

Xoris nerf was joke because it made playing certain frames alittle more fun so now maybe this round of riven deaths is suposed to take the bad taste out of some of our mouths well it wont from mine .....funny how people leave this game over lack of content but yet when weapons and rivens that they dump forma ...endo and credits into not counting time just laugh it off and stay here is silly ..maybe if people bail out awhile when this crap happens they might change there ways 

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Because they want for DE to never nerf, always buff.

- They want for lower tier weapons to be buffed ignoring that DE reworked weapon damage to be tiered and grouped them based on the damage ballpark for their MR.

- They ignore that if base stats are adjusted, Riven stats just push them further.

- They mention that it's unfair to get a nerf based on popularity when Connor says in the OP that there's an internal power ranking as well.

- They say that low disposition makes Rivens compete with regular mods ignoring that if a weapon has a low disposition it's most likely powerful-enough as to not need a Riven to begin with.

- They focus in outlier cases edging out variants as to invalidate the rest of the balance pass. "If A is unbalanced, then B-Z should be unbalanced as well".

- They say that DE is "killing fun" when Rivens offer nothing but efficiency. Rivens don't change sound, visual effects, animations or add secondary fire modes. The perfect Riven is an instant-death stat, which of course they'll try to put in a weapon with punch-through and a high fire rate "because it's fun".

- They point out their plat and Kuva investment, yet ignore that you are opting into the system.

- They say DE is doing this to push Riven plat sales, yet they are against preventing Rivens from being traded with plat.

- They ask for a Riven system rework, yet when asked how would the "reworked" system ensure it doesn't benefit high tier weapons disproportionately more, they move the goalpost to "Bad weapons should just be buffed".

- DE changed the disposition system so new weapons don't get an artificial power boost, thus avoiding a very early nerf. They complain that the minimum disposition is too low.

So what do you get when you put all of that together in a single box? You get the truth: They will always complain as long as Rivens are not max disposition for the higher-tier weapons. There is no argument you can present for them to make peace with the system.

Perfect
(no not being sarcastic)

Archived