Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

8 hours ago, Zimzala said:

"The very young and the very old, often do not do as they are told."

I just write it off to 12 year-olds not having any life experience.

So what if they are 30, they sound like a chorus of 12 year-olds all wanting cake because they learned they can say "Cake!".

No matter how much we might want to, no one can fix aggressive ignorance IME.

I'm 39 and I want cake. Your fault for mentioning it, now I have a craving.

Hi guys!

Just got a Switch at the last week I read that the migration window has been closed way way ago but is there any option left to migrate / copy my save some how? I dont care if my unbuilt prime parts and BPs wont be copied I dont even care about my platinum and creds I just want to carry over my weapons and my frames. I've started the game almost 7 years ago I really dont want to start from scratch again but I dont want to left behind Switch as a platfrom for WF either, but the grind and the money that I put into my main profile during the years are to much If I have to start over again Im gonna drop the game instead at Switch...

Is there any soultion maybe somehow through the support?

Thanks for the answers! :)

Thanks for the replies, that's a sad fact handheld gaming could have freshen up the game a bit for me..., then Im dropping the Switch version its almost pointless with a new profile and with those ghost town servers. :(

12 minutes ago, Faylis_Altier said:

going from PC to Switch? what's the draw there? just curious..

The draw? I gain mobility, I started this game as a kiddo I could sat home and play all day..., now years later during the university I lack that much of freetime I want to play my fav game when I can and I want(ofc and where I want). Thats why I have bought the Switch, beside Warframe I play the hell out of Monster Hunter World because of that MH Rise was a pretty huge reason why I bought a Switch now I hoped that I can move my other fav game into the mobile platform too. :)  For example next autumn our univ. will switch back to offline form so I will have to travel almost 4h a day again, during those hours with a mobil hotspot WF would have been amazing.

34 minutes ago, Pmmpe said:

The draw? I gain mobility, I started this game as a kiddo I could sat home and play all day..., now years later during the university I lack that much of freetime I want to play my fav game when I can and I want(ofc and where I want). Thats why I have bought the Switch, beside Warframe I play the hell out of Monster Hunter World because of that MH Rise was a pretty huge reason why I bought a Switch now I hoped that I can move my other fav game into the mobile platform too. :)  For example next autumn our univ. will switch back to offline form so I will have to travel almost 4h a day again, during those hours with a mobil hotspot WF would have been amazing.

Good deal, just a curiosity on my part... didn't consider the mobility aspect. Anyway sorry that avenue seems closed to you now. 

28 minutes ago, Faylis_Altier said:

Good deal, just a curiosity on my part... didn't consider the mobility aspect. Anyway sorry that avenue seems closed to you now. 

I actually feel this could be holding DE back from doing cross save but I don't think they would admit it. 

Microsoft and Nintendo have alot more to gain from it than Sony.

Sony received the hardware update on Ps5 first but if Cross play happens, you either have players on all 3 consoles migrating to PC (Huge gain for Microsoft) and players considering mobile, which only benefits the Switch. 

Sony just loses out on this. I'm  not saying players won't continue playing on the system but Sony would give its competition a huge gain. 

But crossplay? That benefits DE the most

On 2021-04-19 at 12:08 PM, (PSN)LegendaryPLANK said:

If it's Sonys fault why did they allow Bungie to implement cross save in Destiny 2 less than a year after they separated from Activision? According to Google there's a number of games with cross progression. Dauntless, Fortnite, Rogue Company, AC Valhalla apparently, Immortals and a few others. Bungie are even working on full cross play. I'm not sure blaming Sony holds water anymore. Unless they specifically have a hard on for Warframe.

Considering Sony got the game first on consoles and got the hardware first on PS5 they could have a bigger say in the matter then we might think.

Consider this, Cross save really only benefits Microsoft and Nintendo more compared to Sony. You have players on all 3 consoles wanting to migrate to PC so your losing that to Microsoft plus with a Switch, Warframe has a mobile version of the game already developed. 

And considering they have some sort of rights worked out with DE as they got the game first and also the next gen upgrades, there shooting themselves in the foot agreeing to it.

Now I know that in the grand scheme of things for Sony is that a big deal? No but Sony was the last to get on board with cross play as it is so if they have a say in the matter elsewhere I don't think they would give up any ground.

Could be all a conspiracy theory but Sony has always been a stick in the mud.

On 2021-04-19 at 6:08 PM, (PSN)LegendaryPLANK said:

If it's Sonys fault why did they allow Bungie to implement cross save in Destiny 2 less than a year after they separated from Activision? According to Google there's a number of games with cross progression. Dauntless, Fortnite, Rogue Company, AC Valhalla apparently, Immortals and a few others. Bungie are even working on full cross play. I'm not sure blaming Sony holds water anymore. Unless they specifically have a hard on for Warframe.

most of those games would have been developed with cross-progression/cross-play baked into the core engine from the start and either enabled from the start or enabled with a future update, with the myriad of systems, mechanics and networks (microsoft, sony, nintendo, valve) at play it's not a simple case of flipping a switch.

On 2021-04-19 at 10:08 AM, (PSN)LegendaryPLANK said:

All of those games you mentioned a owned by companies with something DE does not have, the cash to throw at a problem. Also none of those games trade in premium currency and that is one of the huge road blocks for DE.

On 2021-04-19 at 1:08 AM, _Tormex_ said:

Yes actually, they mentioned in the Reddit AMA that they have it on their radar. Steve said that the snowball is at the top of the peak, whatever that means.

Though honestly, since the PC players are used as testers for the other platforms, I personally doubt that cross-platform play will ever be fully realized.

Going to have to google what the hell that means. Same boat as many others been playing on PS4 since launch first game on console. and been back every now and then. Moved to PC last year and no way I am redoing all that progress and seasonal loot and unique mods. This Cross-save or at least Character export is very needed.  It's no-longer a technology limitation but a Dev focus issue. If "They" wanted this it would have been done years ago. Anything else they say is just an excuse. 

Remember the promise of a PS4 Pro optimized build that never happened. DE makes alot of promises but like that uncle we all have they don't actually deliver. Every game that has Cross-save or Cross over character progression has seen double and triple play times for those titles yet DE can't see the value in it.

The real question here is, when was the last time DE attempted to negotiate with all 3 consoles? At some point in time it was just xbox and playstation, so one of the two was being the problem, then you guys decided to add nintendo on top of the problem, so now it is a 3-way problem. I know exactly where Sony and Xbox fit in in this scenario, but Nintendo is a wild card for me that could go either way, but given that they are "goodie goodie" with Xbox lately, i would assume them to accept this kind of deal.

Anyways, when was the last time and how often did you guys attempt to get this to work? Was it a "one time thing" you did almost a decade ago and simply gave up? Have you guys tried again and again?

Starting all over on a new platform is just anti climatic, even if the game is great to play and free to play. The amount of time/money invested into a platform, just to have it "locked" to that platform, it's just bad. I literally played on PS4, despite having a much better PC to play with, it was mostly because of my "console peasant friends" that i had to start the game there, literally all of them gave up except for one, who bothered starting from 0 on pc but eventually stopped playing again.

I know it's Sony holding this thing back, SMITE is another free to play game, while it doesn't have player trading, it has "special currency" and MTX, so it kinda ends up on a similar position as Warframe, yet SMITE allows cross save between nintendo- xbox and pc, they literally discarded playstation and not gave a F about it (the game is still on the playstation store front). The "risk" of being removed from a storefront seems to be either BS or a special case scenario for this game because of the player trade scenario, which wouldn't make any sense since players who buy currency in playstation, should have said currency locked to that platform. Unless the "issue" here is the promotion bundles done on playstation for ps plus users, the "exclusive" items for that platform, if that is the issue, i literally laugh out loud on Sony. There is also Fortnite, that game is both free to play and pay to play (story mode). I bought the story mode on a sale on PS4, story mode has player trading (not as deep as warframe, but still player trading), yet i was able to play the game on any platform with 1 purchase, with the same save file that i used on ps4. Destiny 2 managed cross-save, everything bought (currency and DLC) was left behind, so we would have to buy them again.

So there has to be something else holding DE back from doing anything, something we aren't aware of exactly for obvious reasons. Could be the "special case" i mentioned, i have no clue what deal they made with Sony, but if states specifically that the game can be removed from the storefront if they allow cross save on other platforms and not theirs, then that was an extremelly bad deal to begin with.

One final thing here, cross-save is different than transfering your account from one platform to another. Alot of people mix this up, transfering progress will likely never be possible as it implies to transfer from one platform to another, while the previous platform is abandoned with nothing. Cross-save is a different thing, it allows you to login to your account on any platform that wishes to be part of the movement so you can play freely with the same save profile.

At this point, I am MORE than willing, as a PSN player of many years, to jump ship to Nintendo, Xbox, or PC.  PLEASE, DE, let this happen!!  If Warframe would just allow me to play it on whatever platform I have at hand and make progress on my account, I would drop Playstation in a heartbeat...

2 minutes ago, (PSN)TheCBanks said:

We already know that cross-play won't be a thing ever. So could we possibly have Cross-Save with all devices?

If you know why cross play wont happen then why regardless of same reason cross save should happen?

Actually, we don't know a thing about the whole subject.

Paraphrasing/summarizing DE on their last statements over posts and devstreams:

• "No one wants this more than we do (save for the people who have to set it up), since we have DE members across all platforms and want to play with each other. We are currently looking into it, there's an entire file on it, and we will share news when there's news to share. As for crossplay, it's a way trickier subject, and we'd also like that, but it's much more unlikely to happen."

And this is coming from me, who until a year or so ago, when we had absolute radio silence on the matter, was very pushy and stubborn about this subject on these forums. But now that there's an actual, honest chance it may happen I'm patiently waiting for news on it. Be them for it, or against it. Not much more we can do for the time being.

6 minutes ago, Dino_Thunderlung said:

At this point, I am MORE than willing, as a PSN player of many years, to jump ship to Nintendo, Xbox, or PC.  PLEASE, DE, let this happen!!  If Warframe would just allow me to play it on whatever platform I have at hand and make progress on my account, I would drop Playstation in a heartbeat...

I don't think its simply de. Tons of legal issues for multiple companies/parties. Technical and coding hurdles. Manpower issues.

Don't hold your breath here man.

Archived