The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

2 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I dont want to see PC player use obsidian skins from PS4, or PS4 player use jade skin from XB1. These exclusive skins should remain as what they are: Exclusives 

And i dont think that DE will ever plan crossplay between console and PC, what im interested in, is only the crossplay between console to console, PS4 and XB1 are the most suitable candidate. 

The fact that you are willing to sacrifice potential crossplay/crossave for skins make me shake my head....I feel bad for you.  Who hurt you?

2 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

The fact that you are willing to sacrifice potential crossplay/crossave for skins make me shake my head....I feel bad for you.  Who hurt you?

This thread is for discussing possibilities for crossplay, not crosssaves. From my point of view, it wasn't meant for PS4 players to play Warframe using their accounts from XB1 and vice versa, its only meant to merge the playerbase between the 2 console, the more the merrier. 

With Sony's Cross Platform finally out of beta, do you think DE will finally allow PS4 players and Xbox players the chance to transfer their accounts to PC? I know they talked about in the past with Sony holding them back. Now that Sony is allowing it, I hope they follow through with that promise, so I can finally play on my PC without having to start over.

17 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

As far as I know it's not on the to do list, however something better is. Cross-save.

I would like if people stopped spreading that rumor.
Steve said they would like to look into cross-progress. He DID NOT say they will look into it. And he also DID NOT say that it will be a thing. 
All of this is pretty far from being on the to-do-list.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Steve said they would like to look into cross-progress. He DID NOT say they will look into it. And he also DID NOT say that it will be a thing. 

And I would like not to have someone jump down my throat for being incorrect. I was provided with information. I relayed information. Not my fault if the Information was inaccurate. 

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

And I would like not to have someone jump down my throat for being incorrect. I was provided with information. I relayed information. Not my fault if the Information was inaccurate. 

Next time just double-check by checking the source of the information.
Then you won't be incorrect. It's that easy.

You can transfer from PS4 to PC I did that...you just have to make a PC account then get everything again and you're done.  😎

I really did this it's not too bad to do it's easier the second time around your best bet is to start about a month before tenocon save up ducats to get everything....

At this point my PC and PS4 accounts are nearly even I they did cross saves at this point I'm not sure what I would do. I have some better rivens on my PC account and some better ones on my PS4 one and I know they get all mad if you ever interact with the 2.... I probably just post and ask for an account merger which they would never do... 200 rivens 2 of all weapons and frames...

You should just create a new account if that's what you want and see how goes. Waiting for DE to be proactive about this when they can barely keep their content flowing is just too optimistic imho. They try to avoid the subject of cross save at all cost, that should tell you how high of a priority it is for them.

I made the switch from PS4 to PC about 3 years ago. I hated getting back to where I was but I've completely abandoned my PS4 account because "PC masterrace" when it comes to Warframe.

28 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

I made the switch from PS4 to PC about 3 years ago. I hated getting back to where I was but I've completely abandoned my PS4 account because "PC masterrace" when it comes to Warframe.

i keep my ps4 account reasonably up to date I basically still get the nightwave stuff.  I have some hopes that ps5 may make console warframe closer to the pc experiance, though some times the specs they have stated for that thing seem almost unbelievable.  It is painful going back to the ps4 load times and frame rates after playing on a fairly well equiped gaming pc though.... PS5 is suppose to be about the equal of a pc running a 2080 though with a super fast loading ssd they are claiming is faster than anything currently on the market (again some of the claims seem to good to be true on that thing so far).

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Next time just double-check by checking the source of the information.
Then you won't be incorrect. It's that easy.

Nah fam. That's too difficult. 

Me, be credible and through on the internet? Stuff like this needs a PhD in the finer sciences. 

I am shook at the elitism of this reply. Fact checking? Pffft. You need a big iq to do this.  

4 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Nah fam. That's too difficult. 

Me, be credible and through on the internet? Stuff like this needs a PhD in the finer sciences. 

I am shook at the elitism of this reply. Fact checking? Pffft. You need a big iq to do this.  

I'm terribly sorry.
I will never ever again demand something like that from someone else.

15 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

its not a rumor steve just confirmed again that cross save is something they are thinking about

2 minutes ago, Hawkstormz said:

cross save is something they are thinking about

Although he used the word he switched to Cross-Progress immediately. And this is what White was on about, I guess.

Cross Save could imply you can use all of your PS4 Data on PC, e.g., and vice versa, which will never be the case. Unreleased stuff cannot be used on consoles and plat will also be unusable. Think about getting 4300k plat for 50 bucks, buying TennoGen on console and use on PC? Nah-uh

While it's not an impossibility in the long term, do not expect that to be a feature to the game.

That's something that, to work, must be baked in from the beginning of the engine and console contracts.
If I understand correctly, that would be near impossible to just put in now.

DE's done some great stuff, but as far as I know that would be a nightmare to code, at Best.

Archived