The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

As for Trinity other things have been added into the game that make her energy vampire no longer necessary for a team. Such as I can have 200 large came restores on my gear wheel.   I can have a Trinity specter on my gear wheel. And any player can own arcane energize . zenurik school of focus, so on. Things that are specific to a frame or item become more broadly available as the game progresses. Such is the nature of progress

You don't need Trinity right now, except for special groups where people make special builds for Trinity vampire. Trinity Vampire is still the most powerful energy refill in the game. And all the methods that are available to all frames do not change this fact. You need to look wider.

33 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

You don't need Trinity right now, except for special groups where people make special builds for Trinity vampire. Trinity Vampire is still the most powerful energy refill in the game. And all the methods that are available to all frames do not change this fact. You need to look wider.

Indeed!   Trinity's energy vampire may indeed Be useful only in special groups.

Just like the new strongest form of roar which will be rhino with empower will only be necessary in special groups.

And now just as we have always had many forms of gaining energy, we will have many forms Of buffing ourselves!

6 hours ago, Aralicia said:

Mirage's Eclipse grant up to 75% damage reduction if you stay in the shadow.

There also are a few abilities in the list that increase armor, which is in effect a form of damage reduction.
Chroma's Elemental Ward gives +150% base armor when in cold alignment
Valkyr's Warcry gives +50% base armor to all allies in range of the cry.
Wukong's Defy increase the frame's armor based on damage absorbed during the taunt, up to 1500.
Of course, both Chroma & Valkyr abilities does not work really well with frames that have a low base armor.

Yes, but mirage eclipse is unreliable... and as u said, armor buff works for frames with high armor base only. Wukong defy would be the best option, but i don't how good would that be with low armor frame too...

34 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Yes, but mirage eclipse is unreliable... and as u said, armor buff works for frames with high armor base only. Wukong defy would be the best option, but i don't how good would that be with low armor frame too...

You get + 1500 armor. It does not depend on the initial state of your armor. Only from absorbed damage that was invulnerable. 1200 armor is 80% DR. Also, if you manage to make 4 seconds of invulnerability, it will be useful for shields. This will also help with adaptation.

I for one am very excited for the coming update just because of this feature. One suggestion though; can the casting time for Revenant's Reave be reduced by half or elliminated entirely? Its animation is just long enough that it feels a little clunky to use on Revenant when he is not in his 4, let alone other frames.

6 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

One suggestion though; can the casting time for Revenant's Reave be reduced by half or elliminated entirely? Its animation is just long enough that it feels a little clunky to use on Revenant when he is not in his 4, let alone other frames.

It's not too bad of a problem if you use mods that improve casting speed. I play Revenant a lot and having faster cast speed proves to be useful for several of his abilities including maintaining his Mesmer Skin.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its not completely free since it requires energy and ability slot

well by reading the thing it didn't say requirement of energy nor it is use as a ability but passive it seem to be. This ability is only Helminth's ability what he can do once you offer all that sweet points to him.

25 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

well by reading the thing it didn't say requirement of energy nor it is use as a ability but passive it seem to be. This ability is only Helminth's ability what he can do once you offer all that sweet points to him.

It was shown at tennocon, tooltips had descriptions and energy cost for helmith unique abilitys. 5:42:04 time stamp

Please allow us to Subsume Primes.  They are worthless to sell and I got multiples of several warframes (like 3 hydroid primes).  Id much rather keep a copy of my normal hydroid and a single Hydroid Prime and then feed one of the Primes to Audrey jr.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

It was shown at tennocon, tooltips had descriptions and energy cost for helmith unique abilitys. 5:42:04 time stamp

We may not know they will change it again, for it could be just simple is nice to know and getting a hint these abilities has some energy cost but it seems that these are just is a meh cost.  Then again keep this also in mind that the dev kept on changing like the last time with RJ.  Yikes everyone still remember the 1st time it came out it was disaster...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Arcsyrine said:

If Loki's Decoy had Health and Shields that scaled or some other mechanic added, like being able to cast more than 1 at a time, it might be a convincing option... maybe...

i think he should be able to place 4 decoys that absorb damage, then explode in an aoe dealing that damage back. 

At least give it Molt's ability to absorb damage after casting to set its own health (which works like Iron Skin and Warding Halo.) I'm honestly surprised they updated Well of Life but not Decoy for the purposes of this update. Smeeta kavats have a significantly better decoy than Loki does. 

Breaking my resolve to not engage directly again for a moment, because this is irritating me:

If Roar's damage boost is supposedly entirely irrelevant because we deal enough damage already (as some people are going through a pretty impressive amount of contortions to justify) then why should it be on the list at all? Wouldn't Iron Skin or even Rhino Charge be better? Why do you (plural, nonspecific) want it so badly if it's apparently useless anyways?

Either Roar is irrelevant and should be removed for something that is relevant (such as, say, a 10k+ hp overshield that blocks status effects and knockdown), or you want it to be on the list and/or are willing to defend its presence because you do in fact expect to see signifiicant use out of it over the alternatives. Please explain this apparent discrepancy to me.

1 hour ago, MrFrog9 said:

Breaking my resolve to not engage directly again for a moment, because this is irritating me:

If Roar's damage boost is supposedly entirely irrelevant because we deal enough damage already (as some people are going through a pretty impressive amount of contortions to justify) then why should it be on the list at all? Wouldn't Iron Skin or even Rhino Charge be better? Why do you (plural, nonspecific) want it so badly if it's apparently useless anyways?

Either Roar is irrelevant and should be removed for something that is relevant (such as, say, a 10k+ hp overshield that blocks status effects and knockdown), or you want it to be on the list and/or are willing to defend its presence because you do in fact expect to see signifiicant use out of it over the alternatives. Please explain this apparent discrepancy to me.

It's very obvious they know it's the best ability in the system and will abuse it just like everything that has came out broken like Bramma.

Criminy, strawman much? Who is claiming that Roar is useless? It certainly isn't anyone in this thread.

If the argument "if it wasn't broken, you wouldn't want it" applied to any ability, it would necessarily apply to all of them. "If Breach Surge isn't broken, why should it even be on the list? If Airburst isn't broken, why should it even be on the list?" 

No, it's obviously one of the best abilities included, and no one is saying otherwise. Not "the best", because different abilities serve different purposes and there's not going to be a single best option for the entire roster of frames. But it could very well be useful in more cases than any other single ability on the list - and in literally any list DE could have created, there would be one ability that would technically be the most often useful. The entire question of whether such an option is dominantly OP is in how much of a margin there is between whatever's the "best" and whatever's the "second best". 

Archived