Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Well after using it I can see some glaring issues with the mech.

>Firepower

Issue:

The mech relies heavily on your archgun but due to the low reloading rate of the ammo you quickly turn tail and run the moment you empty your magazine. Not all archguns have the same magazine size but the recovery rate of ammo is still the same which makes you pick an archgun with the most punch per bullet and thus creating a "Best in Slot" meta.

Solution:

How about buffing the ammo recovery numbers and making it scale according to the number of bullets per magazine. You could also make it that we can pick up the tonnes of ammo laying around on the field.

>Survivability

Issue:

Any damage to your health will accumulate overtime and will eventually end you.

Solution:

Health should be regenerated per tick each second simply because on long missions the chances of your mech surviving is low without any help. Being wary of your HP also hinders you to play aggressively or else losing your mech earlier than intended.

Issue:

Energy can only be replenish via orbs which wont be in ample supply most of the time causing you to "flee" if you cant cast Storm Shroud anymore.

Solution:

Energy should be recovered overtime seeing how the Necramech heavily relies on Storm Shroud just to survive hits from the enemy. When you cant cast Storm Shroud anymore then the likeliness of you exploding becomes ever so real.

>Quality of Life

1). Vaccum

Issue:

There is none. Not fun when you cant loot properly in a vehicle that turns like a brick.

2) Affinity

Issue;

Dear god why is it to buggy. So many conditions just to gain affinity.

Please consult the bug section.

That is all for now. Still trying to figure out major issues with this beautiful thing.

I've acquired my own Necramech, so here's my feedback:

Criticisms:

1. Necramechs should be able to pick up health and energy orbs.

2. Weapon ammo recharge rate is too slow and does not scale to ammo pool.

3. Necramech melee's after-hit swing animation too long for the lock that it puts on player, and the lack of effectiveness.

4. I want to use my Necramech in normal missions.

5. Necramech should be able to benefit from passive companion mods like Vacuum and Animal Instinct (radar). (While we're at it: so too should Operators benefit from these.)

6. Companion should follow Operator and/or Necramech after transferring out of Warframe.

Positives:

1. Love the visual design.

2. Love the feeling of weight and most of the clunkiness/robotics feeling.

3. Love the sound design.

4. Looking forward to buffs and changes! Very promising indeed!

Still Frustrated by No XP bugs.  This thing is a hot mess, I literally cannot progress in the game.  No matter how many levels I gain they disappear about 95% oF the time, and I'm raging about it because I paid extra For xp boosters and I am very not happy with that investment.  Literally everyone with a necramech and booster should get a Free booster to make up For the absolute Failure oF this launch and critical bug that prevents any sort of progression as well as wasting your play time, thereby negating the time gated boosters you invest in.  That won't make up For the wasted hours of my life but at least it means I got what I paid For...

This is more janky than Railjack on launch day.

Also extraction can't be done in the mech about 99% of the time.   Most times even when it says I got the necramech xp at the mission it still doesn't award it.  I am irate am very angry about this.  There are no words I can post on this Forum to properly express my Frustration.

This is easily the most Frustrated I have ever been with this game.  This entire segment has literally COMPLETELY WASTED hours upon hours of my life trying to get it to work... AND I PAID EXTRA FOR THAT PRIVILEGE.  Do you even understand how angry that would make someone?  Besides what I could be doing on the outside world, even just in the game, I could have been making plat, or doing literally anything else.

It seems 99% of the time no matter what tips I get From other players to avoid XP Failure it just won't level... Going on 12 hours in the mech now, with XP booster, still level 20... not cool, very not cool.

JgLbtQj.jpg

Can we select where we want to transfer ourselves? I liked Necramechs but transference make me cry. Every time I need to use transference on Necramech, I need to go near him. Can we just get 1 and 2 button (while in Operator form) as a selection for transference? 1 for Warframe, 2 for Necramech

So this isn't explained any where and found this out by accident but if you are in your warframe and targeting the necramech you can transference directly into it at a slightly longer range skipping operator mode entirely.

Edit: Also the same trick can let you go back to your warframe.

My initial comments about the Mech not feeling powerFul have to do with the Fact that it auto equips your archgun, and arch guns, particularly the imperator kinda suck in comparison to the cortege and mousalon.  The Mech should come auto equiped with the mousalon so players don't think they are supposed to use traditional arch guns with it.

I was going mad trying to Figure out how to get the mousalon since no vendor had it, I just assumed it was a bug and would be released later till I saw a video with someone Featuring it and they said it comes with the nekromech.

It just deposits it into your inventory and doesn't tell you, there is no indication that this weapon is given with the nekramech as Far as I can tell when building it.

IF there is, it's not obvious enough.

That said, the mechs are super OP.  No Forma build allows a million damage guaranteed crit on exalted gun.  That's nice.  I like that it's powerful, but much like the problem with umbral Forma and subsume abilities we need game modes that actual present a challenge to that kind of gear.  As it stands there is no mode that needs any oF that sort of thing, even steel path can be made into a meme joke without any rivens equiped.  Yes this is a power Fantasy game, yes the mechs hit that spot, and yes the mechs are powerful once someone explains to you how to use it, because the game doesn't, as usual, but the game mode where this kind of gear is required would be nice one of these years.

Having the mousalon auto equipped would alleviate a lot oF the stressors with noting that it exists and that you already have it.  checking your available armaments would also show you CAN slot in other arch guns even though you probably shouldn't since the new guns work better than my riven'd arch gun weapons to date... pretty sure they are all obsolete now... 

On 2020-08-29 at 4:18 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

t047PWN.jpg

Between the xp bugs and this bug this is basically unplayable in the present state.

Note that I just summoned this mech right aFter starting a bounty and exiting the hub and it has 1500 health when it should have over 4k, I've had this bug near constantly.

I also still have no idea what an arquibex is and apparently it's level 21... whatever it is, it isn't well explained.  I know I can mod it, but I have no clue what it does... it apparently does a Butt ton oF damage too, but I have no idea how to use it... less than cool.  My plan is to level that, then stop till tomorrow and level the other gun with the rest oF my voidrig.  

Right now I've been leveling this mech For about 6 hours and I'm all the way to a whopping level 17... with an xp booster.    I tried using smeeta aFFinity buFFs but Found no smeeta buFFs work, nor mods (Fetch/animal instinct), which sucks because the cat can still die, does nothing and eats your xp.

This is bad, really, really bad.  Like you better Fix this beFore most oF the player base gets their hands on it or it will be a trashFire mess on the Forums, like priorize Fixing the XP bugs and the health bug like TODAY as they are legit game breaking.

This is like railjack unplayable release bad.  Something that looks really cool and releases as a terrible mess... This might be worse than railjack on launch day, at least that you could sorta kinda play like 50% oF the time, this is completely unplayable about 60% oF the time and the other 40% it's incredibly janky and still bug ridden to the point oF being almost completely unplayable.  I Feel like an alpha tester, only this is post launch which spells serious problems.

The rest oF the update has been pretty cool, but these mechs were not ready to launch.  Please stop releasing stuFF that is clearly completely untested state (remember how well the community received railjack and scarlet spear on launch?).  I'd rather wait an extra week For mechs than have this mess.

For devs and other players frustrated by this bug:

The only way I have Found to Fix this issue is:

A) load in during Fass, sit in the blue zone and it will heal your mech (I'm assuming this is intended?  Nothing about the cycles is really well explained).
B) exit the entire planet back to your orbiter to reset the entire instance, then wait till the mission dialog is completely Finished (even after the waypoint is shown) and summon Far away From the entry portal (the exterior one by the grass), otherwise this bug will still happen.  Also be solo.  Other players significantly (in my experience) increase the chances of extract and xp bugs (ie, had it work normally about 10% oF the time in groups, about 30% solo, yes, it's that janky).

What this means is, iF you're leveling your mech, it's pointless to bother during vome.  With a health and shield mod mod on you should be able to do a T3 bounty if you've modded your gun correctly.

Primary issue with the mechs: Health.

They have no recovery capability and no ability to receive recovery as far as I can tell. IF they had a mechanic similar to defense objectives where they start regening health after not being hit for a while it would be amazing even if they can't directly receive health from other sources.

Second issue. They receive no companion benefits, despite companions being active when you are in the mech unlike archwing.

This means no vacuum, no radar bonus, and no other buffs. IF they received those buffs and such you could equip a pet that could heal you and recover your shields for you to increase your survivability even further, which due to the lack of agility is a serious issue in some cases.

As for the weird exalted bug, that really needs to be fixed and the fourth ability toned down a bit.

First of all, Thank you for the addition of Necramech, DE! They are fun, feels really menacing and it's a nice change of combat pace.
But after some hours riding them, I have some idea that might improve them;

• Stamina. Please please please remove stamina cost for any mobillity. I'm really bothered that even walking cost stamina. Not to mention it's constantly beeping when they runs out of stamina yet I can still walk.
  • Slam Attack. Or, stamina can be allocated for slam attack. For now, slam attack feels weird, enemy are just ragdolled and it looked silly. This is a war machine, a really deadly one. I noticed that they slams the ground with their head. The enemy should be flattened to death. How about make its slam attack more deadly, like really really deadly but cost stamina? I don't mind if a single deadly slam attack cost full stamina as long as it's really powerful and deadly.   
  • Enemy/Loot Radar. Add enemy/loot radar please. Maybe make it naturally have radar. It's a machine, and it's kinda natural to have a radar. Really weird riding a machine without any radar. Not to mention companion's loot radar doesn't work at all.
  • Energy. Need more reliable source of energy, I can't enjoy their skill because they run out so fast, and it made them feels like some fancy archgun wielder. If energy orb worked, why energy pad doesn't? Such inconsistency 😠

make the archgun ammo regen rate when equipped on necramech the same as the ammo regen rate in archwing missions

slow ammo regen rate on archguns equipped on necramech is infuriating, especially the ones that has huge magazine capacity like imperator vandal

My only complaint is the ammo regeneration and health management.
Ammo regen needs to be at least 2x/3x more than what it currently is and maybe even more.
You're a sitting duck for like 2-4 minutes once you run out of ammo.
Also, maybe have health orbs provide a bit of passive regen or introduce regen mods for the necramech.

Overlooking the massive bugs ranging from loss of functionality, xp, player control and the fact that enemy nechramechs are probably one of the worst designed enemies in the history of this game. these controlable mechs are some of the most fun I've had in this game in quite a while.

The weight of them stommping around like you are the boss feels amazing.

the sound design that reminds me of terminator and the doom hunter from doom eternal are what makes running around in these feel like you are a machine whose only purpose is to kill a target no matter how damaged.

The general F E E L of them is on point.

however this doesn't come without feedback I have on them.

necramech weapons should reload their weapons faster, currently no matter what archgun you have equipped they will regenerate ammo at the same pace which kind of destroys the possibility of archguns that have a big ammo pool, id suggest for each archgun to be given a reload speed Millard to how pax charge works.

2. removing the awkward pause after preforming a dash/void head butt and possibly removing the fact that sprint consumes stamina but leaving everything else the same.

while I understand that mechs shouldn't be as fast or mobile as warframes they are a tad bit too clunky in some areas that I believe that if removed or changed will benefit their gameplay a lot.

3. giving ways to heal the mech and regenerate energy that don't rely on the open world that we are in.

currently the only way to heal your mech is by entering the blue residue area in the cambrion drift, and while I like this mechanic, i find that with the fact that they will eventually be added to normal missions we should be able to have a bit more sustain when using them.

4. give them an energy regen like in the quest or make their abilities function on a cooldown.

I was surprised when my necramech wasn't working like the quest's wonderful SNAKE and while I understand not having 30 seconds of invulnerability I don't really get why they don't have energy regen and are so blue ball dependent.

5. when nerfing/fixing guardmode damage don't go too far.

I feel that the mechs are what the devs expected the archguns to be, a deployable that you say ! "OOOHHHHH FUUUUCK YEAH" when you use them and knowing DE and the fact that guard mode does damage cap with no investment past basic modding I am certain this will be changed, and this is why I ask please be mindful and don't go overboard so that it becomes archguns 2.0 please try and keep the high damage that can be used in short bursts.

6. give us a crouching animation and when dashing/void headbutting make sure that these lower the hitbox of the mech so that we may pass through regular mission doors in the future.

also sidenote, crouching mechs are adorable.

7. don't forget they exist.

honestly the addition of these deadly corncobs has made me think on how the future of the game might play out, maybe echoes of umbra might be useful for using our mechs and our warframes combined and we could command both to preform actions in the battle field. they might be required for a quest in the future or for a specific piece of content.

still I am looking foward to the future of these canister throwing, granade spamming, damage cap reaching old war relics.

Howdy,

this is also for the necramechs we fight against?

Hysteria seems to be turned of by necramechs and that makes valkyr instantly pop like a pimple. Not like she gets damage after, the turning off activates hysterias self damage and deals ~10k damage to her because mechs do in fact stack up 30k within a few seconds 😄

Survivability tools are there for a reason, ya'll know that? Why the CLEM do necramechs turn some of them of? Same with voidmode. I'm running with randoms, some of those CLEMers burn through 4 revives in t1 and I can't stock up on players between tiers.

The playable ones... I haven't spent platinum to rush mine but they seem cool movement is definitely amazing especially because apparently they use the better versions of arch guns? 😄 No need to get them gravimaged then.

23 hours ago, selig_fay said:

At least vazarin is viable for this. But the health orbs could replenish our HP, but they don't.

In General, if Mech is part of the operator's system, why don't they benefit from schools? As unairy could be very durable, vazarin could heal themselves and allies, zenuric have infinite energy, and the remaining two as outsiders. It seems to me that we are again missing the gameplay that divides people by roles.

While in my post I argued that they should benefit from all the effects that operators have to offer solely for the sake of not falling so far behind frames in terms of viability, this perspective is also quite worth noting. The mechs come from a syndicate that requires having operator free roam from War Within to even access, so the complete lack of synergy between the two seems rather odd.

4 hours ago, Vesterbro said:

Stamina. Please please please remove stamina cost for any mobillity. I'm really bothered that even walking cost stamina. Not to mention it's constantly beeping when they runs out of stamina yet I can still walk.

What? I think you have a bug or forget to disable running. Stamina is fine. There is even a mod that speeds up its regeneration.

I feel like there is a TON of possibility with the mechs. An entirely new horizon. PLEASE don't abandon them after three months of support, don't let them become MOA pets, K-Drives and Archwings (these got some use in Railjack after years of being pretty much a mobility tool, god bless, but still).

beg to not just drop Mechs off after a bit of support and novelty. Their lore implications are immense too, instead of having another loose thread, it could be woven into a beautiful rug. 

And just for the fun of it - Arch-melee. Completely unused class of huge, dangerous weapons. Let mechs have'em too! Heavy-swinging a Rathbone or a Kaszas, gotta feel great, I'm sure! And a great melee-clear if you get swarmed.

Also - modular abilities. I see it, I feel the intention seeping through, you could have made them have 3 parts required to build a mech, like a warframe, or moa, or archwing, or anything else, but you picked four parts, corresponding to four abilities. I can bet my ass that it was because you wanted to tie abilities to parts, that we can mix and match however we wanted. Storm Shield is in the spinning casing, Stationary gun is in the arms, Little bomb barrage comes from the *engine*, you know what I mean. Modular mech with modular abilities.

PLEASE, let my intuition be true. It'd be immensely cool. In that case, adding more mechs would provide exponential increase in possibilities, rather than 'choose one mech of the three'. 

Suggestion for the Guard mode weapon (Arquebex).

Obviously, millions upon millions of damage is a little too extreme by anyone's standards, but I do appreciate the feeling of artillery. So, in order to let them stay relatively powerful, how about giving them a resource mechanic similar to the other Entrati technology? Kills in the Necramech generate ammo for the Arquebex, up to a limit (maybe also at a reduced rate - two or three kills per shot?). It still costs energy, of course, but not as much as present, and this means that it can't be spammed too much and means that players are still encouraged to use the Mech's regular combat loop.

Aside from that, I agree with a lot of other people here - they're still fun to play, but could use a means of self-healing and energy regeneration outside of Orbs.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Suggestion for the Guard mode weapon (Arquebex).

Obviously, millions upon millions of damage is a little too extreme by anyone's standards, but I do appreciate the feeling of artillery. So, in order to let them stay relatively powerful, how about giving them a resource mechanic similar to the other Entrati technology? Kills in the Necramech generate ammo for the Arquebex, up to a limit (maybe also at a reduced rate - two or three kills per shot?). It still costs energy, of course, but not as much as present, and this means that it can't be spammed too much and means that players are still encouraged to use the Mech's regular combat loop.

Aside from that, I agree with a lot of other people here - they're still fun to play, but could use a means of self-healing and energy regeneration outside of Orbs.

The exalted weapon is bugged, it stacks your mods' effects every time you activate it. It should still be pretty powerful once that's fixed, but not 'damage cap red crits all over the place' level of ridiculous anymore.

Archived