Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29

[DE]Rebecca

So far this update is looking stable and great with the only issues I've encountered so far being tied to the intor quest, such as Loid not properly showing us to the Vault behind the wall and the Omni-tool in the quest not being accessible despite it being a requirement for the current mission, halting progression.

*Leaving and restarting the quest steps mentioned seems to fix it for now, hopefully a hotfix will soon correct things.

Reiterating my comment from here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212921-the-helminth-dev-workshop/page/183/?tab=comments#comment-11776950

Please do not nerf abilities. We can only equip 1 per frame, and only 1 damage increase per frame, that's restriction enough to maintain balance. The reason why those abilities will be popular is that they bridge gaps in current kits for many frames, making those frames usable and competitive with the top tier frames. Just leave them as is. If you want other abilities to be more competitive, choose some of the better abilities from other frames, and boost the abilities so they are more competitive. For example:

Revenant: Give mesmer skin instead of reave.

Nova: Make it possible to recast Null Star to refresh orbs.

Then, you have 4 very good options to choose for defensive abilities, each work slightly differently. On high strength builds, you'd go for Null Star, low strength, mesmer skin. High armor, Defy or Elemental Ward.

Full list of such suggested changes below:

On 2020-08-12 at 1:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

Thiadon NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

This is a good ability, people may not realize.

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

We will not create Rubble, however, we will increase base cone area to 180 degrees, adding range can increase it to 360 degrees. This increase should also be for the base ability.

Banshee

Sonar

As with other damage increasing abilities, this will replace Roar, etc. on frames that have them.

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour. This is a good ability, people may not realize.

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

This is probably the best option for Excalibur's existing kit, maybe increase duration.

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Change ice wave to be a 360 degree aoe that does a percentage of enemy's health per tick, affected by strength, and creates a lasting frozen area which can freeze enemies walking on it over time.

Gara

Splinter storm

Gives an additional damage reduction option, Spectrorage will not get used without Gara's other synergies.

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Change Thermal Sunder to be a percentage of enemy health, affected by strength.

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only. This is a good ability, people may not realize.

Harrow

Penance

Comparable to Warcry, give us Penance instead.

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. This is a good ability, people may not realize.

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Change from corrosive to an armor stripping effect that can reach 100% (like Ash Shuriken) with enough power strength.

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

This is a good ability, people may not realize. Maybe increase the base damage and health drain a bit.

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Give the full ability or give us Prowl.

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

This is probably the best option. Increase radius and duration significantly.

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. Additional change to make the ability do damage as a percent of enemy health, which scales with power strength.

Loki

Radial Disarm

Loki's kit needs a serious rework. He has not aged well. Radial disarm is the only usable ability, on top of giving us that ability, make it also increases damage to enemies affected.

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

This is a good ability, people may not realize. Boost radius.

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

This is a good ability, people may not realize. Needs a bit of a boost to the effect and the duration to make it competitive.

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

As is, no nerf required.

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

This is probably the best choice from Nekros's kit. Increase armor reduction to be able to reach 100% at 300% power strength.

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Change damage to be a percentage of enemy health, scaling with power strength.

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

As is, no nerf required.

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Make it possible to recast Null Star to refresh orbs.

Nyx

Psychic Bolts

Psychic Bolts would have been a better choice.

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

This is a good ability, people may not realize. Needs an increase to the % of health damage though.

Octavia

Resonator

Metronome would be a better choice, either that or change resonator to do a % of enemy health, increasing with the number of enemies charmed.

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

As is, no nerf required.

Revenant

Mesmer Skin

Give mesmer skin as mentioned above.

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

As is, no nerf required.

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Double or triple base radius, make it do a percentage of enemy health, multiplying by the number of enemies distracted. Or give Toxic lash.

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

This is a good ability, people may not realize. Needs a significantly increased radius.

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Base Ability Buffed - Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal. This is a good ability, people may not realize.

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

As is, no nerf required.

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Volt

Speed

Speed is the Volt equivalent to Warcry.

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Wukong

Defy

n/a

As is, no nerf required. Giving cloud walker would also be an alternative option, as much as I would hate to lose the exclusivity as a Wukong main.

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper 

n/a

Can't comment.

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

Base Ability Buffed - now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex. Change ability to do a percent of enemy health, scaling with power strength.

And that's it. Now pretty much every ability is an attractive option, and can really help out those frames whose kits are lacking in one area or another. As for the rest, I'm MR24 and don't care when people can access Helminth.

Not gonna talk about the Deimos stuff yet, since, ya know, still downloading.

I really like the Synd rep medallions.
You're still incentivised to log in daily to redeem them, but now you're no longer 'punished' for actually having a day with a bunch of time.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

NEW INFESTED ENEMY MOD SETS: 

> Carapase:
60% armor, yeah, okay. Half-ish of a Steel Fiber.
90% health?
What's your use-case for these? Which frames do you expect to use it? Or is that intended as a cost for the set bonus?

Set Bonus (when all equipped): Lifted enemies explode on death dealing 30% Enemy Max Health as Impact Damage in a 6m radius. 

Ooh, a reason to use Lifted status.
Would still like Lifted enemies to be a bit less floaty, a bit heavier/more static though.

Set Bonus (when all equipped): Heavy Slam attacks manifest tendrils that skewer enemies within 10m, dealing 75 Puncture Damage and stunning them for 3s. Cooldown: 6s.

So, Airslam incentive for standstill (non-Bloodrush/Weeping Wounds) builds?
Argueably a bit of CC for gun users, except that to heavy slam you need to be holding the weapon. Kinda awkward, but alright.

Set Bonus (when all equipped): Killing an enemy with a Heavy Attack grants 30% Evasion and immunity to Status Effects for 6s. 

First blush reaction: O_O
We'll see how it works in practice.

I'm assuming that these sets are intended to be used together - or so it looks to me.

Also, having dual-stat IPS mods is nice esp now that IPS is no longer x4 proc weight - but you do realize that, unless they scale off total weapon damage, same as the elemental mods do, they're 90% effective, at best.

Helminth:
Still no word on cooldowns on the Helminth abilities (though I guess we'll see those when we get the abilities),
Still no word on cross-ability augments, i.e. Blazing Pillage (Haven + Pillage) and Tribunal (Condemn + Penance, Thurible) - I'm assuming no effect.
Still no word on gauge abilities, i.e. Thermal Sunder, Fire Blast. I'm assuming no effect, but very much hope the UI at least will be informative.

The K-Drive changes look good.
The K-Drive mods look potentially interesting - will have to see how they are in practice.

I appreciate the daily cap changes.
They don't help me much, but will make life significantly easier for newer players.

Prime weapon mods, a.k.a. Prime weapon augments. Alright.
Since you're touching weapon augments, please take a look at Twin Basolk's Rift Strike?

@[DE]Megan
There where some new challenges introduced with this update and they are not available as steam achievements.
Will they be added as steam achievements and if yes, are they unlocked retroactive?
I just want to avoid the problems like with the "Joyride" challenge, where I had to use another warframe account just to unlock it in steam because I had the challenge already unlocked in-game before the steam achievements were added.

hace 9 minutos, ZarTham dijo:

9unvCFx.jpeg

Stuck in solo mode, twice.

You need to go to the vault and talk with Loid. The problem there is that the game show the next step instead of the one you are right now (that is a bug but not the worst one)

The bonus part was bug for my group.

"customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 8 Prerequisite)" DE most people that are into hard warframe remember that you said most active players are around 10-15 mastery rank and that is NO WHERE NEAR "EXPERIENCED" player level.

Bonus mission is bugged. Even if we tried to make the correct sequence, It fails always.

ynVBBzx.jpg

Could you make that all the lobby is available to finish the mission? It has no sense that only the centre part is available to finish the mission and the rest of the lobby isn't count.

shtH1Ci.jpg

Bug with Helios DEAD.... my helios has shield but no health, It seems dead cause it doesn't use the vacuum, but the UI is bugged.

1. I am not an english speaker and AGAIN your wording makes it absolutely impossible for me to follow your story. I have NO IDEA what the story is about. Do I need a #*!%ing dictonary, even though my english is certainly above average?!?!? Could you maybe use common english?! Like other studios do?

2. The fight for the heart bugged out 2 times, I had to cancel and start again. And even then it was very, very clumsy.

3. The "final fight" with the mech was completely random. I had NO IDEA what to do. After 5 tries I just spammed my 1-4 and somehow defeated him. That´s not a good game design. Giive us a hint what to do!

Guess it´s again a rough start.

EDIT: Does the "daughter" really need to wear glasses? I mean...that´s totally out of style and design. Seriously. It´s not funny, it´s just misplaced.

Archived