Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don’t like the Profit Taker fight

(PSN)jumpermichael

Correction, I am fine with the Profit Taker fight itself, but I am however not fine with the Five Star bounty I also have to fight off. The Orb Valis just has SO MUCH crowd control, and combine that with the nullifier drones and the corpus that send out that ability canceling wave, it’s just so annoying. Annoying enough that it makes it not worth attempting for me.

Wait. Do you mean Profit Taker maybe? I never had to deal with anything but cooling spiders for the Exploiter (the one which you meet at Deck 12).

And yes. Profit Taker fight is what made me just go Grace Inaros and Primed Sure Footed. The spider fight itself is alright. Trenchmen and other trash mobs constantly annoying you? Not so much.

9 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Wait. Do you mean Profit Taker maybe? I never had to deal with anything but cooling spiders for the Exploiter (the one which you meet at Deck 12).

And yes. Profit Taker fight is what made me just go Grace Inaros and Primed Sure Footed. The spider fight itself is alright. Trenchmen and other trash mobs constantly annoying you? Not so much.

Yeah, Profit taker, you’re right. That should just tell you how much I really hate doing the bounty, that I forgot which is which

Ok then destroy the reinforcement beacons as enemies drop them, they do have multiple audio and visual queues for a reason.

You can also avoid all of the enemy CC by staying mobile or just using any frame or mod that prevents their effects. And the boss only does the nullifying wave if you stand underneath it.

As someone who has done PT once or twice use Exodia Contagion on your zaw to destroy the alert beacons & you will never been bothered with any of nully enemies which is nice & will just have to deal with the groups of enemies that spawn from the teleport zone & you can use your contagion once they spawn in & kill them right away. Even solo its not hard or bad in squad its more chill if you just do not let it get to max alert or even any alert level because then the spiders start to spawn & will usually kill your cat.

There are quite a few options to deal with knockdown and crowd control. Primed Sure Footed is usually the best, but as a login reward, it's understandable that many players don't have that at their disposal.

I recommend reading this Reddit guide for starters:

This is by a trusted speedrunner so the information is very useful and accurate. The Helminth system also expands eligible Warframes for this fight as well.

4 hours ago, (PS4)jumpermichael said:

Correction, I am fine with the Profit Taker fight itself, but I am however not fine with the Five Star bounty I also have to fight off. The Orb Valis just has SO MUCH crowd control, and combine that with the nullifier drones and the corpus that send out that ability canceling wave, it’s just so annoying. Annoying enough that it makes it not worth attempting for me.

DEvelopers just can't think of difficulty without taking away your abilities, energy, etc., then one of them keeps complaining because people keep using only a handful of tools and cries "it takes away player choice!" before proceeding to nerf what's popular instead of buffing what is not.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

DEvelopers just can't think of difficulty without taking away your abilities, energy, etc., then one of them keeps complaining because people keep using only a handful of tools and cries "it takes away player choice!" before proceeding to nerf what's popular instead of buffing what is not.

The issue is more people not moving around. With experience, it's easy to spot the Combas from a mile away to either avoid them or shoot them from far away.

6 hours ago, (PS4)jumpermichael said:

Shoot the re enforcement markers the corpus deploy.. those are what raise the alert level causing the various tougher enemies to spawn.

If you stay on top of things only basic corpus will ever spawn.

It surely is annoying but certainly could be overcome.

Previously we use arcane nullifier to avoid mag proc, and arcane guardian/grace to increase survivability.  Also primed sure foot to prevent knock down.

With the introduction of helminth system, we can replace primed sure foot with spell bind (titania) or fire walker (nezha) abilities.

These 2 abilities are exceptionally useful in Profit taker, as they grant status immunity for the duration of the ability, including  stagger and knockdown.

Spell bind has shorter base duration but could be kept on archwing (no more freestyle 360 when you bash into the terrain, helpful on the pylons phase). It protects you all the time no matter what you are doing.

Fire walker has much longer base duration (a double), and the fire trails could be used to slowdown/stun the enemies around you. The downside is that it's effective only when you are staying on the ground (trail) and bullet jumping.  You lost immunity when you exit the trail while in archwing or falling from transference, so you would still be knocked down.

personally I prefer spell bind for profit taker, and fire walker for normal rush missions ( especially corpus tiles ) as fire walker adds 25% speed.

The fight is fine and extremely enjoyable and you can sort of ramp up the difficulty for fun by not destroy beacons. 

But if you choose to let the enemy spawns get to ludicrous speed because you refused to destroy the reinforcement beacons when they pop up or even pay attention to them, you really have no one to blame but you when you get overrun. 

It's one of my favorite boss fights in the game. It forces you to get out of your comfort zone and tailor your build towards base endurance rather than ability dependency. It also makes you keep track of multiple things at once, with beacons punishing you for having tunnel vision instead of controlling the battlefield.

Archived