Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apparently DE still can't figure out NW after YEARS in game.

Klokwerkaos

Am 23.9.2020 um 05:16 schrieb Skine_:

??? What are you on about.  They just need to do it like every other bp and just drop the S#&$ty story/mission that come with them.  most only care for the rewards

Yea that was my point. Just drop all the fluff. No one cares about the story of nightwave. I just want to farm potatoes and nitain.

Nightwave is excellent in doing what it does. The little story quests aren't the main attraction. It's getting people to play a diverse amount of OLD content. For instance, I hated the snowboarding minigame. I never even attempted it. Then Nightwave gives me a task to win race 3 snowboarding matches. I get angry, I get flustered. This is one of the worst things I have to do. So I try it for the first time and it's enjoyable. The races aren't too difficult and they're quick. Nightwave got me to do something I never wanted to do and it was fun.

If Nightwave didn't exist, you'd only be doing sorties, eidolons, and necramechs which are repetitive and ends up boring and stale. I won't even do spy missions any more unless Nightwaves tasks me to do it. Spy missions are fun.

The problem with Nightwave isn't that it's a waste of time. What's upsetting most people is that there are limited rewards and you want endless rewards. This system currently is better than the old event system. 

What DE needs to consider is whether they should extend Nightwave level past 60 and into 100.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)AccursedImmortal:

It's getting people to play a diverse amount of OLD content.

This 100%. I really like Nightwave, as it inspires me to engage with all the available content. I never would have started building a Railjack, fought the Tridolon, or tried Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. Before I was often lost for what to do. I think it really ties the game together, makes it feel more cohesive. And the little story episodes are an added bonus. 

Contrary to others, I have started super late and am actually stressing out right now about getting to those sweet Lvl 29 shoulder pads before it resets. Probably wont make it, either. So the stress/addiction factor of Nightwave is a bit bad. Casuals like me stress out, while the Veterans crave another fix.

Don't stress if de do the same as intermission 1 and 2 the cosmics and will be in the intermission rewards, along with season 1 and 2 items and lack of variation was the whole point of this post. Not a comparison with alerts over Nightwave, having played as a new player in both systems nightwave is far easier and more rewarding but after 18 months needs better balances. That was the point of this whole post, for experienced players the criticism of season 1 rewards remain un-addressed, mainly little variety/ for player time invested on rewards passed the first 30. Extend rewards passed rank 90 to 100 while it will give more frustrating gring will give probably 2 more catalyst or reactor or kuva. This was not how nightwave was supposed to be and to that end is a down grade to old alerts. Contradiction to my own post yes, frustration that DE aren't improving what could have been more engaging/rewarding possibly. Nightwave was supposed to be 30 ranks premium and 30 ranks prestige for those that wanted to do extra, over a rotation far smaller than what is currently here. The point was not to seem gready always un happy, but to ask for better balance in the system. Yes DE cannot set deadlines for finsh date things happen/move, so better to make system more permanent, and better segmentation to rewards. Not saying remove catch up mechanics or weekly caps there both necessary. Just better spacing of some premium rewards to reward prestige as well as premium seeing as prestige is bigger than intended. As for dam glass enough already always in missions They've become annoying, FUN NOT detected NERF the glass   

3 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Don't stress if de do the same as intermission 1 and 2 the cosmics and will be in the intermission rewards, along with season 1 and 2 items and lack of variation was the whole point of this post. Not a comparison with alerts over Nightwave, having played as a new player in both systems nightwave is far easier and more rewarding but after 18 months needs better balances. That was the point of this whole post, for experienced players the criticism of season 1 rewards remain un-addressed, mainly little variety/ for player time invested on rewards passed the first 30. Extend rewards passed rank 90 to 100 while it will give more frustrating gring will give probably 2 more catalyst or reactor or kuva. This was not how nightwave was supposed to be and to that end is a down grade to old alerts. Contradiction to my own post yes, frustration that DE aren't improving what could have been more engaging/rewarding possibly. Nightwave was supposed to be 30 ranks premium and 30 ranks prestige for those that wanted to do extra, over a rotation far smaller than what is currently here. The point was not to seem gready always un happy, but to ask for better balance in the system. Yes DE cannot set deadlines for finsh date things happen/move, so better to make system more permanent, and better segmentation to rewards. Not saying remove catch up mechanics or weekly caps there both necessary. Just better spacing of some premium rewards to reward prestige as well as premium seeing as prestige is bigger than intended. As for dam glass enough already always in missions They've become annoying, FUN NOT detected NERF the glass   

Uhhh what? 

Each season has brought us new cosmetics, new weapons, we've gotten new mods, we've gotten slots, potatoes and generally a bunch of cool stuff. 

And that's on TOP of what's offered in the store. The store has flooded us with nitain, potatoes, Kuva, the alert weapons and the cosmetics, and they've added a bunch of mods as well now. I can tell you that the potatoes would have been a serious hit to their pockets because unless you were able to play 24/7/365 those were pretty uncommon in the old system so many people would have had to put out plat for most of what they needed. 

Now you want "even more ultra super duper premium rewards" added to the list? Really? 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uhhh what? 

Each season has brought us new cosmetics, new weapons, we've gotten new mods, we've gotten slots, potatoes and generally a bunch of cool stuff. 

And that's on TOP of what's offered in the store. The store has flooded us with nitain, potatoes, Kuva, the alert weapons and the cosmetics, and they've added a bunch of mods as well now. I can tell you that the potatoes would have been a serious hit to their pockets because unless you were able to play 24/7/365 those were pretty uncommon in the old system so many people would have had to put out plat for most of what they needed. 

Now you want "even more ultra super duper premium rewards" added to the list? Really? 

The forums are divided with eliticism, scrubism and everything in-between like the "I dont like X. Remove X and buff Y because I want too... and give me validation. You all suck."

Why do you think most of what I say here is pure sarcasm or satire?

What you did under the old system if you were a free to play play was simple you only used a few catalyst and reactors got from the few alerts you court due to the timing issues, invested in a few weapons/frames and forma mainly meta gear, then used used the remaining weapon frames etc as MR fodder with no catalyst and reactors this didn't improve DE's wallet with plat because unless you traded you didn't have it. Nightwave has with the prestige ranks encouraged more use of other weapons. DE's way of marketing is actually good like the game support us with prime packs this is a good system for free to play game. problem comes at the long time players rewards we have 90% already so to us the shop is bare. Am i about to buy the new prime pack no already own it get so no new plat for catalyst and reactors. 

POSITIVE to NW. You can buy potatoes at any time.(DE looses money)

NEGATIVE to NW,  Limited rank, same itens from alerts, DE expend much more time and money on this.

POSITIVE to Alerts. Save time/money to DE. Players dont get burnout from alerts or complaining in forums about chapters.

NEGATIVE to Alerts. There is no negatives against alerts🤣

11 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

POSITIVE to NW. You can buy potatoes at any time.(DE looses money)

NEGATIVE to NW,  Limited rank, same itens from alerts, DE expend much more time and money on this.

Sorry think I missed the part where alerts used to give away a bunch of slots, and themed armour as rewards on TOP of what's in the store, and where we can complete most of them at any time, in any mission, so we can get triply rewarded for doing the things on our to-do list. 

POSITIVE to Alerts. Save time/money to DE. Players dont get burnout from alerts or complaining in forums about chapters.

NEGATIVE to Alerts. There is no negatives against alerts🤣

Well apart from the fact that people used to widely complain about the rewards from the alerts that they did get to do, complained about regularly missing the alerts for the rewards that they wanted to do, and the lack of burnout seemed to be because most people seem to have completely ignored the majority of the alerts because they already had the rewards and they were a crappy way to get a handful of credits? 

Seriously, in the month before they removed them, what percentage of all of the the offered alerts do you think you did? Do you really think that it was anywhere near as high as 10%?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sorry think I missed the part where alerts used to give away a bunch of slots, and themed armour as rewards on TOP of what's in the store, and where we can complete most of them at any time, in any mission, so we can get triply rewarded for doing the things on our to-do list. 

Well apart from the fact that people used to widely complain about the rewards from the alerts that they did get to do, complained about regularly missing the alerts for the rewards that they wanted to do, and the lack of burnout seemed to be because most people seem to have completely ignored the majority of the alerts because they already had the rewards and they were a crappy way to get a handful of credits? 

Seriously, in the month before they removed them, what percentage of all of the the offered alerts do you think you did? Do you really think that it was anywhere near as high as 10%?

Alerts keep DE free to develop the game and the game health and players health. NW didnt add anything to the game. If we need fight against wolf we need to buy credits in NW....this sound very wrong to me. Buy credits to fight a temporary boss? 🙄

20 minutes ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

What you did under the old system if you were a free to play play was simple you only used a few catalyst and reactors got from the few alerts you court due to the timing issues, invested in a few weapons/frames and forma mainly meta gear, then used used the remaining weapon frames etc as MR fodder with no catalyst and reactors this didn't improve DE's wallet with plat because unless you traded you didn't have it. Nightwave has with the prestige ranks encouraged more use of other weapons. DE's way of marketing is actually good like the game support us with prime packs this is a good system for free to play game. problem comes at the long time players rewards we have 90% already so to us the shop is bare. Am i about to buy the new prime pack no already own it get so no new plat for catalyst and reactors. 

Ahh I see that you seem to believe that you came to us directly from a time when alerts existed, but trade and "prime junk" did not. 

Please tell us more about these delusions you suffer from truly fascinating experiences that you had. 

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

Alerts keep DE free to develop the game and the game health and players health. NW didnt add anything to the game. If we need fight against wolf we need to buy credits in NW....this sound very wrong to me. Buy credits to fight a temporary boss? 🙄

Have you not noticed people disagreeing with your opinion over the course of this thread and others like it? 

Also you seem to be forgetting that the wolf was added during nightwave, so without nightwave you'd have no wolf to buy beacons for. So the sentence you wrote doesn't just sound very wrong, it IS very wrong. Also you know that we've been doing the whole "earn tokens to summon" the Stalker and G3 for quite some time right? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ahh I see that you seem to believe that you came to us directly from a time when alerts existed, but trade and "prime junk" did not. 

Please tell us more about these delusions you suffer from truly fascinating experiences that you had. 

Have you not noticed people disagreeing with your opinion over the course of this thread and others like it? 

Also you seem to be forgetting that the wolf was added during nightwave, so without nightwave you'd have no wolf to buy beacons for. So the sentence you wrote doesn't just sound very wrong, it IS very wrong. Also you know that we've been doing the whole "earn tokens to summon" the Stalker and G3 for quite some time right? 

what i can see most of peoples agree with me.🤣

32 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

NEGATIVE to Alerts. There is no negatives against alerts

BullS#&$.

Locking resources and blueprints which are required for progression behind events which are only available for short periods of time and that appear randomly out of nowhere is one of the most arrogant and conceited things you can do as a game developer. Do that and you are basically telling your playerbase "you belong to us, we demand that you drop whatever that you're doing immediately and service our whims or you get nowhere". It's dictating to the players that this one little piece of entertainment software which you make is the most important thing in their entire lives and that they must organise their time around it.

This is what gave me a permanent hatred of "nitain" (or, to use the name which it has in the game files, "alertium") and anything that contains it. I will NOT have some videogame dictating my life. Fun fact: my hatred of the old acquisition method for nitain is so vitriolic and full of bile that it got me banned from the design council in-game chat. That is why alerts are bad. That's why nightwave is far superior to alerts even though I hate the living crap out of Nora and her army of glA******s.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Prime junk as you put it has always had another use, the vendor called baro takes it. You could never spend it twice. It went either to traded to players as junk or baro for what he had to sell. So depending on your start point in warframe and your choice of use for spare prime items your veiw will be different to mine possibly.  

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

BullS#&$.

Locking resources and blueprints which are required for progression behind events which are only available for short periods of time and that appear randomly out of nowhere is one of the most arrogant and conceited things you can do as a game developer. Do that and you are basically telling your playerbase "you belong to us, we demand that you drop whatever that you're doing immediately and service our whims or you get nowhere". It's dictating to the players that this one little piece of entertainment software which you make is the most important thing in their entire lives and that they must organise their time around it.

This is what gave me a permanent hatred of "nitain" (or, to use the name which it has in the game files, "alertium") and anything that contains it. I will NOT have some videogame dictating my life. Fun fact: my hatred of the old acquisition method for nitain is so vitriolic and full of bile that it got me banned from the design council in-game chat. That is why alerts are bad. That's why nightwave is far superior to alerts even though I hate the living crap out of Nora and her army of glA******s.

Ouch, that's a drastic description. But I agree. Nightwave has its problems, but it's a good alternative to alerts.

1 hour ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Prime junk as you put it has always had another use, the vendor called baro takes it. You could never spend it twice. It went either to traded to players as junk or baro for what he had to sell. So depending on your start point in warframe and your choice of use for spare prime items your veiw will be different to mine possibly.  

Oh really? How utterly astonishing! /s

Point is since it's a time-for-money trade, new players have been able to easily be able to make some plat on a daily basis since somewhere around 2014, so instead of sitting on their thumbs because they lacked potatoes, they can trade junk for plat, and get enough to buy themselves something that immediately doubles the mod capacity of their gear. Yes, whether they choose to do is is up to them, but claiming that one has to buy plat to get catalysts is obviously a false claim that you made:

3 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Am i about to buy the new prime pack no already own it get so no new plat for catalyst and reactors. 

On 2020-09-21 at 4:02 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

Need I say more?  This is inexcusable to STILL be a problem.

oETrr9b.jpg

progress on new stuff is slowed cause of covid-19
DE is working on the bug fixes an adjustments with the heart of deimos content
Just cause episode 5 of glassmaker isnt out just yet is no reason to cry an complain about lack of progress on anything.

NW was created as players were complaining of how unfair alerts were. cause of timezones making it hard for people to a certain alert only things.
so DE made a system that granted everything the alert system had an some extra goodies an heck even allowed to give something to do between content drops.

if waiting on new stuff happening is too much for you then how about quit warframe for a year or two an play a differnt game that already has all its content. 
As there are tons of us who are content with what DE is already pushing out even with this pandemic vastly limiting there operations

41 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

if waiting on new stuff happening is too much for you then how about quit warframe for a year or two an play a differnt game that already has all its content. 
As there are tons of us who are content with what DE is already pushing out even with this pandemic vastly limiting there operations

I mean we're not really asking for new stuff. If the excuse for why NW keeps continuing well past when players can easily cap out is "covid" (remember last intermission was like 6 months), then clearly NW wasn't designed to cap out so easily. If these things are supposed to end much sooner but covid is delaying things, just raise the prestige cap to accommodate the far longer-than-expected average season duration.

It's not like any of this should really be all that difficult; at best its as easy as doubling the value of an unsigned short constant, and at worst it can't possibly be that much more difficult.

It's not as if there are warnings or anything as come close to the cap. You can't even scroll the reward timeline to see that there is an end at all until you're smack-dab at it. If you spent all your credits thinking the prestige ranks would continue indefinitely (as they probably should), congrats you got upwards of a month until you can reasonably acquire nitain again.

This isn't a problem for me; I knew this was coming this time so I stockpiled before hitting the end of the road, but I'm sympathetic to those who didn't because it does cap so abruptly, they are probably very far from getting access to the store again, and there's really no reason it has to happen at all.

26 minutes ago, .Millennium. said:

same here

Still i need Nitain, Reactors, Catalysts.

I can't get any more standing

8UvbfYy.jpg

hahahaha this show exactly what is nw....a big pile of bs. With alerts we can have fun 10x more and 10x more stuffs to do. Thanks for this Screenshot! Saved my day ! ahahahah

On 2020-09-24 at 2:43 AM, (PS4)AccursedImmortal said:

Nightwave is excellent in doing what it does. The little story quests aren't the main attraction. It's getting people to play a diverse amount of OLD content. For instance, I hated the snowboarding minigame. I never even attempted it. Then Nightwave gives me a task to win race 3 snowboarding matches. I get angry, I get flustered. This is one of the worst things I have to do. So I try it for the first time and it's enjoyable. The races aren't too difficult and they're quick. Nightwave got me to do something I never wanted to do and it was fun.

If Nightwave didn't exist, you'd only be doing sorties, eidolons, and necramechs which are repetitive and ends up boring and stale. I won't even do spy missions any more unless Nightwaves tasks me to do it. Spy missions are fun.

The problem with Nightwave isn't that it's a waste of time. What's upsetting most people is that there are limited rewards and you want endless rewards. This system currently is better than the old event system. 

What DE needs to consider is whether they should extend Nightwave level past 60 and into 100.

Agreed with all. 

Archived