Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apparently DE still can't figure out NW after YEARS in game.

Klokwerkaos

If new players and casuals not being able to get rank 30 in nightwave is a problem, why even bother with the challenges and instead straight up give away the rewards for everyone because you know, otherwise it's unfair with said players.

On 2020-09-21 at 8:27 PM, sly_squash said:

It would be nice if the prestige tiers didn't cap, or if seasons were designed to end about the time people would be hitting the existing cap. As it stands, people who have been doing their challenges probably have a solid month of nothing coming in before this season is over, and another few weeks or so before the next one starts. NW veterans plan for this (though they shouldn't have to), but if you're newer to NW it's quite jarring to suddenly have no credit intake for what can be months at a time without warning.

It's never cost-efficient to buy potatoes with NW credits, so nothing has really changed.

"NW veterans"?  The hell does that term even mean?   The system is only in its 3rd season, is less than 2 years old....  There ARE no "veterans" for a relatively brand-new, passive extra credit system.

But, as someone who HAS been playing since well before NW... ya know what I do when I get all the rewards I want/need from NW?   I focus on the 20 other things I've got to do in Warframe.   It NEVER bothers me that I have unused credits, or that I don't have "more" to grind.  I'm just content that I got the gear/cosmetics I was after, and I relax and enjoy the game.

It's really not the big deal y'all are trying to turn it into.

On 2020-09-21 at 9:51 PM, Yamazuki said:

I don't get why these "seasons" can't just be split into two. Having a year containing only two of these is pretty bad and I don't understand the point in copying what other games do but failing to keep up on the reward aspect. Other games are getting a few rotations out of a year.

NW was also meant to be a more consistent replacement to alerts, but there's nothing consistent about NW either.

"other games" are charging subscription fees, DLC fees, and cost just to buy the base game.

This is a FREE add-on to the FREE game to give you even MORE FREE stuff.... for FREE.

NW is extremely consistent in what it set out to do.  Every week there are new challenges...every week you get to earn more credits to "buy" all those things alerts used to offer (and MORE!)...

...seriously, where's the fire?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

"NW veterans"?  The hell does that term even mean?   The system is only in its 3rd season, is less than 2 years old....  There ARE no "veterans" for a relatively brand-new, passive extra credit system.

I'm obviously talking about people who have both the means and drive to complete these tasks, and thus progress quickly through the ranks.  Basically the people who cap out first are the NW "veterans" and the people who progress very slowly are your NW "newbies" or "casuals". Whatever word you wanna use idc.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

But, as someone who HAS been playing since well before NW... ya know what I do when I get all the rewards I want/need from NW?   I focus on the 20 other things I've got to do in Warframe.  

I just see it as a good time to take a break until the next NW. Which I would think is a pretty bad thing for the game as a whole. 

The argument is very simple. NW seasons are lasting longer than planned because of covid, but the prestige caps were never increased to account for these longer duration seasons. They should be increased to account for these longer duration seasons. I don't really see how anyone can argue otherwise. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

"other games" are charging subscription fees, DLC fees, and cost just to buy the base game.

This is a FREE add-on to the FREE game to give you even MORE FREE stuff.... for FREE.

NW is extremely consistent in what it set out to do.  Every week there are new challenges...every week you get to earn more credits to "buy" all those things alerts used to offer (and MORE!)...

...seriously, where's the fire?

People want Nightwave Seasons to happen more often. Nightwave was added to the game over a year and a half ago (February 2019), and yet there have only been three series. Call of Duty Modern Warfare has had six seasons and that game has been out less than a year. If DE's going to try their hand at a Battle Pass system, they should put more into it. As I said, I think they could be more consistent with more Nightwave seasons if they'd incorporate all of their content into it. Instead of just having us grind and farm for content, dealing with ridiculous RNG, they could integrate Nightwave with their various content updates and have us go through Nightwave to acquire some of that content. They could then be much more consistent with Nightwave, have content that's funneled through Nightwave, and they wouldn't have to stretch it out with Episodes that take them half a year to complete.

Bottom line: Players want more frequent Nightwave seasons/series and the best way to do that imo is to integrate all major content (barring Quest and Syndicate rewards) with Nightwave and get rid of the Episode format.

DE is again too slow to get NW updated and has learnt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from last time. Even casually doing the missions gets you to the current cap at 60, while the season hasn't even ended nor are all challenges completed. How can you be so stupid to feed us these challenges and cap the tiers at maybe 3/4 of the max. points? All while no date was given when this NW will even see it's last chapter.

Remove the cap from this glorified "content void"-filler.

23 hours ago, Felsagger said:

We are in the middle of pandemic times.

What possible relevance could that have? The effort required to remove the cap on nightwave levels (or set it to something unattainable like 1M) can't be that high and it definitely does not need any studio time for things like voice recording or motion capture.

37 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

What possible relevance could that have? The effort required to remove the cap on nightwave levels (or set it to something unattainable like 1M) can't be that high and it definitely does not need any studio time for things like voice recording or motion capture.

Remember when people spent plat to buy the potatoes they wanted, instead of just demanding an unlimited free supply? 

pepperidge-farm-remembers-608.png

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Remember when people spent plat to buy the potatoes they wanted, instead of just demanding an unlimited free supply? 

the famous potatoes were not even the biggest source of income for DE ... they were always the forms, the deluxes, warframes slots, weapons slots, booster tickets ... The nw for me only serves to get potatoes and nothing else. I prefer alerts a thousand times ... they were more interesting when they appeared on the right side of the screen when I was on a mission ... it was very good to see that. Now potatoes are without flavor ... raw and unsalted.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Remember when potatoes appeared at random continually instead of suddenly hitting a limit where none more can appear because of a complete lack of foresight or planning?

13 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Remember when potatoes appeared at random continually instead of suddenly hitting a limit where none more can appear because of a complete lack of foresight or planning?

the grace of life is exactly that ... the unpredictability and the surprise. Without it, life, the game itself, loses all grace.

And the nw ends up hurting the source of income of the DE ... it represents little but at the end of a year it could yield much more for them. Nw just made the game lazier than ever almost stopping due to this system.

When the DE changes his mind and returns to the alert system, with reformulations, he will see an increase in players and will have more time to reformulate or create new things in the game. With the covid effect, all of DE's work was very slow and we are already feeling this effect. If you want to make her game more relevant, you need to change your mindset. The nw system proved not to be good because it left the game in a state of hibernation and soon the players also slept in profound boredom and laziness,  that is my point of view.

I don't like being in a game where everything is static.  I want to see surprises when I log in. If I missed a catalyst alert ... patience! After all, life is like that and it will not be because I lost a catalyst that I will be regretting or sleeping awake until another alert appears ... with nw the excuse was this ... "we lost the potato". With the reformulation I proposed, it would always appear on alternate weekends lasting 48 hours. The game is not just about potatoes .... it's about unpredictability ... that's what attracts people.

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

the famous potatoes were not even the biggest source of income for DE ... they were always the forms, the deluxes, warframes slots, weapons slots, booster tickets ... The nw for me only serves to get potatoes and nothing else. I prefer alerts a thousand times ... they were more interesting when they appeared on the right side of the screen when I was on a mission ... it was very good to see that. Now potatoes are without flavor ... raw and unsalted.

A $5 bill is of less value than a $100 bill. If you have a business where customers generally owe you $210, you'd say "those $5 bills are not my biggest source of income, so I'm going to dump them in the trash"? Or would that be a silly thing to do, just like the silly argument you're trying to make here?

But I note that you absolutely do seem to rely on the added salt, whether it's necessary or not.

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Nope, because for many of us they were only obtainable fortnightly, not "continually". And again, you had a continual source of potatoes, but already collected all that you can get. Now, you've got to spend a touch more effort to get them, you're whining about how much free stuff you got, over the last however many months? Lemme see how much sympathy I can muster for you..... yeah looks like I've got as much as your remaining tiers of the season's nightwave, none. 🙄

I personally don't like much of anything they did outside the combat mechanics. Fishing, mining, any type of alternate mechanics from missions. Like the ones where you have to solve a parkour puzzle in operator etc. Forced cutscenes.

I quit nightwave on the first puzzle after walking around the whole place unable to find all the pieces. As with too many things in warframe the timegates, the grind and the annoying mechanics totally wreck any kind of immersion or suspense for me.

Right now I am trying to install railjack in our dojo and I might be inclined to stop and enjoy some of it, listen to the voice acting but all I am thinking is I want to smash my keyboard over the 8x timegates just to start the game mode.

I actually stopped playing way back when alerts used to have helmets, reactors and nitain extract. Only recently started playing again.

Took one look at nighwave, laughed, and just looked at it as a giant nerf to what used to be great rewards, and another way of shoe horning unpopular content, for those who still need nitain extract, lol.

Lucky me, thank god, I am done with nitain extract so they can't force any planet-grinding on me through nightwave.

Again, a shame they have to go out of their way to make it frustrating because the voice acting and atmosphere of it I could actually have enjoyed.

On 2020-10-01 at 7:29 AM, Felsagger said:

This is not a problem. They are taking their time to round it up. We are in the middle of pandemic times. Everything ended upside down. I would not be so harsh with them. I finished NW episode without doing the four chapters. I'm still waiting for chapter five to play them all at once. 

DE knows what to do since we know who is the Glass Maker and the item that he will drop. It was mentioned in one of the streams. 

Disagree strongly.

Pandemic or no, fixing this takes less than five minutes.

While the direct complaint is about NW, it's also a criticism of DE dropping the ball extensively since Deimos launched.  They were on a roll for a while, now we're back to backsliding into the nightmare that was 2019.

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope, because for many of us they were only obtainable fortnightly, not "continually". And again, you had a continual source of potatoes, but already collected all that you can get. Now, you've got to spend a touch more effort to get them, you're whining about how much free stuff you got, over the last however many months? Lemme see how much sympathy I can muster for you..... yeah looks like I've got as much as your remaining tiers of the season's nightwave, none. 🙄

I've not bought a single potato from nightwave. I don't need them, having acquired more than enough through alerts and invasions (30 built of both blue and orange, with 70 orange BPs in reserve) in the past.

You are again missing the point here in that what's supposed to replace the alert system (which was continually refreshing) has a hard cap (the rank limit), something even worse when you consider that there is much more gear available now which might want a potato. The solution would have been to have the maximum rank as an automatically updating function of nightwave season length (eg. 2 ranks per week), but that's not been done. Because of this lack of planning, they're constantly going to have to go in and manually change things. When something is as trivially automatable as this (one small script using a counter is enough), there is no reason not to have the maximum nightwave rank automatically increase as the season gets longer and longer. If nothing else, it would at least deflect some blame about nightwave caps and nothing to do.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

I've not bought a single potato from nightwave. I don't need them, having acquired more than enough through alerts and invasions (30 built of both blue and orange, with 70 orange BPs in reserve) in the past.

You are again missing the point here in that what's supposed to replace the alert system (which was continually refreshing) has a hard cap (the rank limit), something even worse when you consider that there is much more gear available now which might want a potato. The solution would have been to have the maximum rank as an automatically updating function of nightwave season length (eg. 2 ranks per week), but that's not been done. Because of this lack of planning, they're constantly going to have to go in and manually change things. When something is as trivially automatable as this (one small script using a counter is enough), there is no reason not to have the maximum nightwave rank automatically increase as the season gets longer and longer. If nothing else, it would at least deflect some blame about nightwave caps and nothing to do.

No, I'm really not missing anything that you said.

Just because you haven't bought any doesn't mean that many people aren't happily claiming things that do have a cost in plat. In theory you could have hit tier 30 by nolifing for a few days once there were enough total points. Chances are that you can do most of the weekly challenges in a few hours after weekly reset at the maximum, and probably do so. The option to pace yourself always existed, but hey I get it, grabbing that marshmallow is just too attractive an option for some people. But newbs can't do that, they might be unable to finish any of the elite challenges, and others with restricted play times and other stuff to focus on in the game as a priority definitely complained about not being able to finish some of the earlier seasons and requested the seasons be extended. 

You couldn't ever do all of the alerts on your own schedule to claim every possible reward, and more importantly the vast majority of people probably flat out ignored the vast majority of alerts because the "rewards" were crap that we already had way too much of. Whatever you have been using the creds on, you probably got stuff that's far more useful to you than you did in the majority of the last year's worth of alerts. 

I would absolutely love to see you guys get the option to have all of the prestige ranks you want, on the condition that each gave far less creds. Because for all the ridiculous claims that there was a lack of "foresight and planning" the obvious response is that careful foresight and planning would mean that the maximum number of obtainable creds should remain the same, so an adjustment will need to be made. 

Or you know just go ahead and do the challenges despite being capped, because it's something to do, and you'll be helping newbies get the rewards they can’t earn on their own. See something to do that will give you those warm fuzzy feelings 👍

20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, I'm really not missing anything that you said.

Just because you haven't bought any doesn't mean that many people aren't happily claiming things that do have a cost in plat. In theory you could have hit tier 30 by nolifing for a few days once there were enough total points. Chances are that you can do most of the weekly challenges in a few hours after weekly reset at the maximum, and probably do so. The option to pace yourself always existed, but hey I get it, grabbing that marshmallow is just too attractive an option for some people. But newbs can't do that, they might be unable to finish any of the elite challenges, and others with restricted play times and other stuff to focus on in the game as a priority definitely complained about not being able to finish some of the earlier seasons and requested the seasons be extended. 

You couldn't ever do all of the alerts on your own schedule to claim every possible reward, and more importantly the vast majority of people probably flat out ignored the vast majority of alerts because the "rewards" were crap that we already had way too much of. Whatever you have been using the creds on, you probably got stuff that's far more useful to you than you did in the majority of the last year's worth of alerts. 

I would absolutely love to see you guys get the option to have all of the prestige ranks you want, on the condition that each gave far less creds. Because for all the ridiculous claims that there was a lack of "foresight and planning" the obvious response is that careful foresight and planning would mean that the maximum number of obtainable creds should remain the same, so an adjustment will need to be made. 

Or you know just go ahead and do the challenges despite being capped, because it's something to do, and you'll be helping newbies get the rewards they can’t earn on their own. See something to do that will give you those warm fuzzy feelings 👍

Let him be. 

I know that you like to flame and troll the whiners. He opened his chimney to argue about things that are practically trivial. I would not pose any resistance or friction to what he says. We found ways solving those minor issues in our farms. He must figure out how to administer his time and agenda. Some people will rise problems in places they do not exist. 

I pay no attention to those users. They either come to terms with the game or move on playing other games. Looks like War Frame is not for them. If they are loud mouths in the forums, eventually their energy will run out. They can't admit how much they like this game and  can't recognize their frustration when things doesn't work their way. Games are not perfect. If there is ever one it would be the rarest of the exceptions. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Let him be. 

I know that you like to flame and troll the whiners. He opened his chimney to argue about things that are practically trivial. I would not pose any resistance or friction to what he says. We found ways solving those minor issues in our farms. He must figure out how to administer his time and agenda. Some people will rise problems in places they do not exist. 

I pay no attention to those users. They either come to terms with the game or move on playing other games. Looks like War Frame is not for them. If they are loud mouths in the forums, eventually their energy will run out. They can't admit how much they like this game and  can't recognize their frustration when things doesn't work their way. Games are not perfect. If there is ever one it would be the rarest of the exceptions. 

That's not what trolling looks like. We're disagreeing about something. He's having his say and making what he thinks are valid points, I'm having my say and showing why I think that those points are invalid and offering counter points. That's the entire purpose of a forum to discuss things. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's not what trolling looks like. We're disagreeing about something. He's having his say and making what he thinks are valid points, I'm having my say and showing why I think that those points are invalid and offering counter points. That's the entire purpose of a forum to discuss things. 

No one disagrees with the discussion. 

My contribution is the following: 

Some items abounds without any need for them. The important ones are always scarce. It's basic design for farming. I'm aware of it. Catalysts should be more abundant and exilus adapters. The rest are just fodder for credits. Forma, Catalysts and adapters should be the random rewards on the alerts. People will play more often for these. The rests are trivial. People who are in high MRs should have better probabilities getting these. Once they outgrow the game they want more attention in their hardware. 

Instead of spending a lot of time in Hydron despite the boosters for affinity some extra XP should be given at higher ranks, IMO. Potatoes for frames are more abundant than potatoes for weapons. Those are the important ones since there are lots and lots of weapons in the game. I have about 400 potatoes for frame. I donate them for the clan. I don't have that many frames. However my catalyst count is almost low, I would say very low. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What should the maximum number of obtainable credits be, then? The question here is whether that's a hard cap of "you get X credits for your entire life, no more" or "you get Y credits per week". With a hard cap of what nightwave level you can achieve, it's the former. If the intent is the latter for any reason (eg. they design for players to be able to get A potatoes every B weeks in nightwave), then a fixed cap of nightwave levels only works if each nightwave season has a guaranteed end date and the next one is guaranteed to start on that same date.

This never happens even in the best situations (see: last year and the eternal intermission). When there's a delay, either the targeted potato income rate suffers (due to no more credits becoming available) or someone needs to go in and explicitly alter the code to change the maximum level.

Honestly, I don't care about the available rewards. If they had forma on the list, I'd be much more interested. I'm just annoyed at the ever-growing list of things which need to be manually changed and tweaked to make them fit into place. Everything here is done on a computer. If it can be automated, it should be. All the time spent doing what is essentially manual labour (as opposed to just defining an acceptable rate of eternal nightwave credit income and having the maximum achievable rank automatically tick up as a function of time since the nightwave season start) is time not spent on fixing bugs and polishing the game.

16 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Disagree strongly.

I don't expect everybody to agree. 

Pandemic or no, fixing this takes less than five minutes.

If it is so easy what you propose? 

While the direct complaint is about NW, it's also a criticism of DE dropping the ball extensively since Deimos launched.  They were on a roll for a while, now we're back to backsliding into the nightmare that was 2019.

It's a game mode. There are other priorities that are taking attention. Waiting for something this trivial doesn't hurt. 

Archived