Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to permanently remove a certain Youtuber from my recommendations

Prexades

There is a certain Youtuber, lets call him A Life of Unimportance  among others which I consider a complete failure, a drama queen with too much sodium in his blood wasting everyones time by making Warframe videos. Whenever I search for Warframe his videos always pop up far too high in my recommendations and I never ever want to see or hear anything from him again. What is the best way to train Google to not recommend his sh... stuff to me?

Seems like a cry for attention, you can easily keep youtube from suggesting videos from a certain user (the option is literally there on youtube when you hit the 3 dots on a video thumbnail). Warframe itself is totally irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, Prexades said:

There is a certain Youtuber, lets call him A Life of Unimportance  among others which I consider a complete failure, a drama queen with too much sodium in his blood wasting everyones time by making Warframe videos. Whenever I search for Warframe his videos always pop up far too high in my recommendations and I never ever want to see or hear anything from him again. What is the best way to train Google to not recommend his sh... stuff to me?

could you quench my curiosity by saying who it is?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk

i don't know if there's an equivalent under other Browser Engines.

Video Blocker allows you to hide videos from channels that you don't like. You can specify these channels by right-clicking on a link to a video on YouTube or by adding them manually via the options page. You can also hide videos from multiple channels at once, by using a wildcard or adding regular expressions. Blocking videos with certain keywords in their title is also possible! Comments will also be blocked the same way as channels.

but this is a really handy Plugin, it works amazingly well. any Channels you put on the List, you will never see a Video recommendation from that Channel ever again. and Youtube will even fill in that spot with something else! so it doesn't even break the site in any way.
it's remarkable how seamless the results are.

you can't rely on opting away from suggestions for something on Youtube, because you have to train it that you don't want something, and what you're training may affect your other recommendations. if you opt away from some Warframe content, and you want Warframe content, you are likely to get recommended less Warframe content overall, unless you also click on enough Warframe content to show your desire again/still.
tl;dr trying to play with the robots' SEO bulls... is not really worth it, just control it yourself manually.

3 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

could you quench my curiosity by saying who it is?

Assuming that it is LifeOfRio, judging from how YouTube shuffled him into my recommends as well.  Watched a few vods.  Not really useful in terms of being informative, compared to Brozime and Train Man.

On Youtube, the answer is yes. And thankfully so, since Youtube apparently actively tries to "balance" your recommendations by showing you the occasional video of the opposite spectrum of politics or reason - which in my case were things like people comparing face masks to used diapers, scam artists, flat earthers, etc. Simply mouse over the recommendation, click on the 3 dots that appear next to the title, and choose the appropriate option.

People have the full right to express opinions. If you don't like it just click on the 3 dots next to the video. I'm the type to look at everything because I like to broaden my horizons. It's part of life. Criticism, however blunt, irritating to the point of being true, is something that makes us evolve. Without criticism or visions we will never evolve. The worst is not to like this or that channel ... the worst is to be on the sidelines of what happens.

5 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

I'm the type to look at everything because I like to broaden my horizons. It's part of life. Criticism, however blunt, irritating to the point of being true, is something that makes us evolve.

There is no point in looking at clickbait, at drama, or at "I'm a caricature of a ___ guy, and I also play Warframe."

Why is this in General Discussion? It's not actually related to the game itself. Should be in Off-Topic. Also, if you're talking about Rio, I'm guessing you're offended because he actually tells the truth about the Warframe community?

I dunno, I had a similar problem many months back. A certain YouTuber with a penchant for cringe-worthy tabloidy clickbait thumbnails and culture war nonsense I have zero interest in got recommended to me en masse, probably partly because of his prolific output. I used YouTube's "not interested in this channel" option, and the problem disappeared. It worked for me.

I mean, bloody Hell, I usually deal with this stuff with my internal "chuckle and ignore" button, but his videos declared a sovereign state over half of my recommendations page. I can tolerate nonsense I don't care about, but spamming crosses my line.

Archived