Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back to warframe after two years - The player experience

Batnar

One of my friends told me there was new content out on warframe and i was looking for a new game to play since all games are pretty mediocre right now and i had fond memory of this game.

So i downloaded the game, got into my volt prime and went on a killing spree to get the hang of it.

This game used to be so fluid and fast with cool mobility... Oh wait im always on my ass? How come... something is not right... Ok, now sunicor stuns me? wth... that is the dumbest S#&$ ever. like who even thought of that? so my preferred weapon is now unusable... ok

W/e, quick! Lets try this new halloween event, theres only a couple hours left. so i go on a bounty on a whole new planet where u can barely distinguish anything because its so dark but that give mother token and u need those. Good, lets do another one, sister says she stil has 45 min before trading for halloween threats ends! lets get the best out of it and do more bounty : bla bla bla locked. what? how can it be locked, i was just there 2 minutes ago... and theres time left for the event? Nope, event is over. timer was just wrong. #*!% you

okkkkk

this seems a bit wierd, let me write a post on the forum about that... Wait there is no button to create new post on the forums? look up google, finds out google chrome can have problems with forums create new post and reply buttons..... okkkkkkkkkkkkk lets go on another browser.

I have to admit this is becoming a pretty S#&$ty experience.

8 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yea, self stager was a big mistake, you can thank the community for wanting to remove self damage because they couldn't aim.

The other parts are some whiny things, nothing special.

Yeah it's not becuse teammates jumped in your face or enemies jumped in your face or that the hitboxes are a bit #*!%ed and the explosion triggered sooner. It's just the players not being able to aim.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

People just wanted self damage removed, no one asked for self stagger

Of course no one asked it but de had to implement something to not make it too ez.
Don't get me wrong, I think they also made a dookie putting it in all aoe things.
The correct choice was leaving it as it was, it was a fine logical game mechanic and it just needed a little bit of player awareness to make it work.
Many people played with self damage weapons before and enjoyed it with no falloff, no stagger etc. by being careful or choosing nyx or revenant to not care at all.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

People just wanted self damage removed, no one asked for self stagger

Sure, but it was probably needed. As the Devs said, it was this, or they nerf the damage of anything that used to self damage (as this was seen as the payoff for the AoE).

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Of course no one asked it but de had to implement something to not make it too ez.
Don't get me wrong, I think they also made a dookie putting it in all aoe things.
The correct choice was leaving it as it was, it was a fine logical game mechanic and it just needed a little bit of player awareness to make it work.
Many people played with self damage weapons before and enjoyed it with no falloff, no stagger etc. by being careful or choosing nyx or revenant to not care at all.

It also makes those stagger immunity and recovery mods actually worth something.

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

idd
If you are careful you only die sometimes(when you are not careful).
Other sh1t is just no skill whine. So yea, enjoy no self damage. 

Well I do enjoy it.

It's nice to play the game without having to worry that my weapon will explode by hitting the air basically.

Tho a much better reason to why we could have self damage is shield gating. Since that stops any damage from killing you in one hit the self stagger isn't necessary. I guess for inaros and Nidus this would be something problematic but De could just give them like 90 shields like they did with grendel.

So basically, what you're sayig is, you're unable to aim because AoE weapons stunning you only happens if they explode right in your face, and you're unable to read.

And then you decided to make a post about your own inabilities and blame the game for it.

K.

Seriously I'd be the last person to defend DE but this here is literally just you being oblivious.

I find myself just as fluent and moving around with ease. You need to learn to dodge gohan.

As for the self stagger formally self damage it was done to keep the guns from being to op.  They are double edged swords.  Theres tons of good weapons that don't have such faults.

The only stuff of value for this "event" is an ephemera and a color pallette. The rest isn't worth it.

Demios itself is meh honestly.

Overall if anything updates to game mechanics, frames, and more skins have made the game better.

17 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

So basically, what you're sayig is, you're unable to aim because AoE weapons stunning you only happens if they explode right in your face, and you're unable to read.

And then you decided to make a post about your own inabilities and blame the game for it.

K.

Seriously I'd be the last person to defend DE but this here is literally just you being oblivious.

^this

next time, follow up/read the new changes first.

On 2020-11-10 at 2:48 AM, vegetosayajin said:

Yea, self stager was a big mistake, you can thank the community for wanting to remove self damage because they couldn't aim.

The other parts are some whiny things, nothing special.

Ahh yes, don't forget that it was the same people who wanted self damage gone, at least the ones here in the forums, that wanted it back!!! Because self stagger to them somehow was worse???

At least there is a few mods that prevent self stagger. There was no mods that prevented you from dying to self damage. No, cautious shot does not count.

Self damage was a non-issue if cautious shot worked on all weapons.

A fully modded kuva ogris with a riven could barely knock half health off my mirage prime when I shoot it at my feet even under eclipse damage buff (670% dmg maximum buff, wasn't able to test exact amount that time). While it is far from the strongest aoe weapon, I would say you would be hard pressed to find a weapon that can deal more damage than kuva ogris after a significant damage buff. In addition, mirage prime is a fairly squishy frame compared to many others.

The only issue was that the mod can't be equipped on some weapons (eg kuva bruh-mma)

So no, aoe weapon wasn't going to kill you on any frame that is moderately modded and you have cautious shot equipped. People were just exaggerating or simply not modding their frames properly (or in some cases, can't equip cautious shot, which would have been the better fix than the self stagger we have right now)

13 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Ahh yes, don't forget that it was the same people who wanted self damage gone, at least the ones here in the forums, that wanted it back!!! Because self stagger to them somehow was worse???

Not entirely correct. I had no issue with self damage but I do take issue with the self stagger as it was implemented. 

But the loudest complaints get the grease so to speak; so now here we are with a crap change to a system that was previously working fine for those that had any intelligence about them.

16 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

Not entirely correct. I had no issue with self damage but I do take issue with the self stagger as it was implemented. 

But the loudest complaints get the grease so to speak; so now here we are with a crap change to a system that was previously working fine for those that had any intelligence about them.

The thing is tho, if the only argument that self damage was good is: "you just have to aim properly" doesn't that apply to the current self stagger?

It's literally the same thing just don't shoot close to you but now you won't die and you can use a mod to deny it if it bothers so much.

The only bad thing is the added stagger to weapons that didn't have self damage before

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

The thing is tho, if the only argument that self damage was good is: "you just have to aim properly" doesn't that apply to the current self stagger?

It's literally the same thing just don't shoot close to you but now you won't die and you can use a mod to deny it if it bothers so much.

The only bad thing is the added stagger to weapons that didn't have self damage before

On principle yes, but there were alot of strategies using self damage that got shut out as well as what you noted above. After the change there are host of weapons that had no self damage but now have a self stagger range that far exceeds the stagger ranges of weapons that had self damage to begin with.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You forgot the part where the AOE weapons had their explosion radius increased (easier to self-inflict than before).

You forgot the part where the AOE weapons had falloff added which means you have to aim directly at your targets to properly damage them (less freedom to aim past them to avoid self-inflicting).

You forgot the part where self-stagger feels worse than killing yourself - because it has no persistent 'lesson learned' impact on the player.
You have no obligation not to shoot your feet since enemies (any left alive after point-blanking them) won't even be able to harm you much in the second you're down most of the time (inconsistency or total absence of 'risk'), so it's purely an annoyance to players, not an actual risk, which is what many people enjoyed in self-damage weapons. Actual risk. 

Also, the fact you can just mod it away entirely (or numerous abilities to the same effect) means that it implicitly cannot function as a balancing lever even disregarding the current non-risk of triggering it, so it fails to justify itself as a mechanic in every sense. It's fundamentally bad design even if it 'could' be avoided the same way as mastering the fine art of not shooting rockets up your own nose and dying.

3 hours ago, Aesthier said:

working fine for those that had any intelligence about them.

How bout they use that same intelligence to actually use Handspring or Sure Footed?

People wanted self damage long gone from the game, even people who were actually cautious with the danger these weapons posed to them, using the same excuse all the time: "in a fast paced game like Warframe, i do not want to be shooting my gun and exploding the next second, it ruins this, that, yada yada yada"

Now that we actually do not get blown away to the stratosphere the moment we shoot said guns, people still are making the same excuse to back their argument that self stagger should also be removed, and then bring back self damage. The irony.

Should DE cater to this numbskulls, we will be in an endless loop of having self damage gone, to having self stagger replaced with another bandait that I'm 100% sure, people will find the tiniest thing to complain about to have it removed, and it wont stop until Warframe becomes similar to Call of Duty in gameplay, and even then, people will keep complaining, and do not bring me the excuse of "because i care for the game and i want to see it succeed" no, if you complain about the non issue, you are just looking for something to cry about and gather attention. Such is the nature of this forums.

Just use Handspring or Sure Footed, primed if you have it. It wont kill you, it wont break your build as it goes into the exilus slot.

Archived