Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 29.5.8

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, saper1209 said:

Why the Kuva Ogris's stast get downgraded to original ogris when using the new skin?

This is bugged and will be fixed 

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We've confirmed that adding the Unreal Tournament skins to the Kuva Lich versions of the Ogris or the Drakgoon is causing those weapons to perform like their ordinary non-Lich counterparts.  This is unintended behavior, adding a cosmetic skin to a weapon should (with a very few grandfathered exceptions) not affect the weapon's mechanics. We'll be updating to fix this as soon as possible.

When is Umbra's Sentience going to be permanently deleted from the game? It does literally nothing besides get the player killed via measures outside their control which is completely unfair gameplay, and glitches/bugs out the player at every major update, forcing them to abort mission and lose all progress 90% of the time. Not only that, it's essentially a free, automatic "turret" which completely goes against DE's supposed vision for the game; if not, then bring back wall punch-through and room-size melee range for melee weapons and let us bot macro for 8+ hours again, or increase Protea's Blaze Artillery's base duration to 30 seconds and have it scale with duration mods. The only way to justify Umbra's Sentience staying in the game would be to:
- have Umbra be completely immune to all damage/procs/dibilitating effects(e.g. energy drain eximus, nullifiers). It isn't fair to force the player to suffer the consequences of an uncontrollable specter, when these punishments are so easily avoided by every other warframe in the game by simply "parking" them away from the enemy
- have Umbra be invisible at all times so that when we use our operators in stealth missions, he doesn't trigger alarms from walking in front of a camera like an idiot
- change Umbra's combat AI so that he only attacks fully alerted enemies, instead of shooting anyone and everyon in the face, alerting the entire map to the player's presence
- make it so that Umbra never casts any abilities(because enemies that build Duration resistance in response to warframe abilites, exist, and having Umbra essentially waste your abilities' Duration, is unfair)
- fix Umbra so that he finally carries over all buffs on the warframe prior to leaving it, including Exalted Blade
- apply Wukong's Celestial Twin's combat pathing to Umbra so that he can actually use Exalted Blade with the above-mentioned change
- fix the bug where the players loses all buffs on their warframe(e.g. aura mods, abilities, operator skills) if they leave Umbra then return to Umbra

--another solution: have Umbra be idle invulbnerable like every other warframe by default, and give us the option to command him to become active by pressing the "Use" button on him

This would obviously be a lot of work, not to mention even MORE, unidentified buffs/fixes will most likely be needed in the future as Umbra's Sentience continues to interact with new content, and I'm sure that's not something that is worth repeating ever since raids were Thanos-snapped out of the game. So the simpler option is to just remove it entirely. And there is justification in removing it too, if one tries to argue with the existance of other "companion" abilities in the game. Equinox's Duality, Wukong's Celestial Twin, Nekros's Shadows of the Dead, and etc. all have one sensible advantage over Umbra's Sentience--the player has the freedom of choice. Umbra's Sentience takes that choice away from the player at an increasing rate alongisde the release of new content, where new enemies or new missions or new rewards all require the use of operators, usually followed by the player's death after Umbra decided it was a good idea to bathe in the bullets instead of dodging them.
It was fun for the first thirty minutes after The Sacrifice's release, but it's been over two years now.
A humorous gimmick is no excuse for faulty gameplay.
Please delete Umbra's Sentience.

Equipping K-Drive via gear wheel hotkey, then immediately disemabarking results in loss of melee attack, archgun, necramech, and operator mode, until you manually remount your K-Drive, perform tricks, and land successfully.

Rapidly pressing the gear wheel hotkey to put away your archgun, then immediately(and unintentionally) reequipping it because an enemy died right on top of you and dropped heavy ammo, results in complete loss of functionality, forcing the player to kill themselves to undo the bug.

The floor of Lephantis's boss room does not break away after the first stage of the boss fight. Flying up or being launched up can result in clipping through the stage 2 ceiling/stage 1 floor, and results in a softlock in the form of an unkillable Lephantis, despite all heads being blown off.

The Deimos Arcana update fixed alternate holster animations not working on Zaws, but then it broke the Zaws actually being holstered. e.g. My nikana Zaw sits on my back while the sheathe floats above my head, when I swing the Zaw the sheathe flies around instead of staying at the hip, standing idle with the Zaw has the sheathe clipping through my warframe's chest, and equipping other weapons has the sheathe hanging on my warframe like a third leg. The update also broke the blocking animation of Exalted Weapons.

Iso Vault bounties need to be decoupled from Arcana bounties because:
- completing an Iso Vault bounty, then completing its respective Arcana bounty(instead of completing all three Iso Vaults, first), forces the player to drop the bait obtained at the end of stage 1 during their 2nd Iso Vault bounty, the instant the "grab bait from bait station" animation finishes. Then upon trying to grab the bait a second time, it disappears entirely for both host and clients, softlocking the session.
- being forced to complete Iso bounties to dip our hands into the Arcana reward selection pool demands too much time from the player for the amount of RNG associated with this, especially in cases where the player is just looking to get one specific reward that only drops from T3 Arcana

If your necramech is destroyed, its affinty progress is not shown upon bringing up the Mission Results screen while in the same mission.

Chroma's passive needs to change from "just one additional triple jump" to "after your double jump, you can keep jumping for a little(5?) energy"
Spectral Scream's new status chance of 100% needs to enhance with added Strength and its fire rate needs to enhance with added Duration

Nekros's Soul Punch's health threshold percentage needs to enhance with added Strength, and its Marked for Harvest mark needs to enhance with added Duration
Soul Punch has to change from launching enemies into space to simply applying a knockdown, Lifted, stagger, or anything else that doesn't yeets your target out-of-view.

Enemies hit by the projectile of Zephyr's Airburst need to be knocked down and not blasted fifty feet away.
Using the stationary version of Tornado should have Zephyr place a large, single Tornado with a decent radius that scales with Range; enemies outside should be pulled inside, while the walls of that Tornado prevent enemies from leaving.

Parazon finishers need to be more easily accessible and rewarding. At current, it is not worth how much the game asks the player to slow down alongside the amount of restraint required, just to have a 'coin flip' chance at obtaining a single energy orb. From a single enemy.

Revert or replace the line of sight check added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0. It does not function reliably.

giphy.gif

Regardless of whether or not you believe that Khora deserves a nerf, it is entirely obvious that this is not the right way to address Whipclaw.

giphy.gif

It has been broken like this for 8 hotfixes now.

@[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Steve@[DE]Pablo@[DE]Grineeer

Thanks for the update. Are there any plans to fix the placement of kubrow armor when you have the Kubrow equipped in your arsenal? I reported this issue over 6 months ago for the Metus Kubrow armor and it has still not been fixed as of 12/11/2020.

1 minute ago, Teletric said:

Thanks for the update. Are there any plans to fix the placement of kubrow armor when you have the Kubrow equipped in your arsenal? I reported this issue over 6 months ago for the Metus Kubrow armor and it has still not been fixed as of 12/11/2020.

Kubrow armours also don't fit the Helminth Charger.

Hello!! The skins have not been corrected, they are changing the stats to ogris kuva ...! Takes away stats: strike, pierce and cut and they do not work on mobs . Checked in the test! Sorry for my English 

24 minutes ago, Yunjuwo said:

When is Umbra's Sentience going to be permanently deleted from the game? It does literally nothing besides get the player killed via measures outside their control which is completely unfair gameplay, and glitches/bugs out the player at every major update, forcing them to abort mission and lose all progress 90% of the time. Not only that, it's essentially a free, automatic "turret" which completely goes against DE's supposed vision for the game; if not, then bring back wall punch-through and room-size melee range for melee weapons and let us bot macro for 8+ hours again, or increase Protea's Blaze Artillery's base duration to 30 seconds and have it scale with duration mods. The only way to justify Umbra's Sentience staying in the game would be to:
- have Umbra be completely immune to all damage/procs/dibilitating effects(e.g. energy drain eximus, nullifiers). It isn't fair to force the player to suffer the consequences of an uncontrollable specter, when these punishments are so easily avoided by every other warframe in the game by simply "parking" them away from the enemy
- have Umbra be invisible at all times so that when we use our operators in stealth missions, he doesn't trigger alarms from walking in front of a camera like an idiot
- change Umbra's combat AI so that he only attacks fully alerted enemies, instead of shooting anyone and everyon in the face, alerting the entire map to the player's presence
- make it so that Umbra never casts any abilities(because enemies that build Duration resistance in response to warframe abilites, exist, and having Umbra essentially waste your abilities' Duration, is unfair)
- fix Umbra so that he finally carries over all buffs on the warframe prior to leaving it, including Exalted Blade
- apply Wukong's Celestial Twin's combat pathing to Umbra so that he can actually use Exalted Blade with the above-mentioned change
- fix the bug where the players loses all buffs on their warframe(e.g. aura mods, abilities, operator skills) if they leave Umbra then return to Umbra

--another solution: have Umbra be idle invulbnerable like every other warframe by default, and give us the option to command him to become active by pressing the "Use" button on him

This would obviously be a lot of work, not to mention even MORE, unidentified buffs/fixes will most likely be needed in the future as Umbra's Sentience continues to interact with new content, and I'm sure that's not something that is worth repeating ever since raids were Thanos-snapped out of the game. So the simpler option is to just remove it entirely. And there is justification in removing it too, if one tries to argue with the existance of other "companion" abilities in the game. Equinox's Duality, Wukong's Celestial Twin, Nekros's Shadows of the Dead, and etc. all have one sensible advantage over Umbra's Sentience--the player has the freedom of choice. Umbra's Sentience takes that choice away from the player at an increasing rate alongisde the release of new content, where new enemies or new missions or new rewards all require the use of operators, usually followed by the player's death after Umbra decided it was a good idea to bathe in the bullets instead of dodging them.
It was fun for the first thirty minutes after The Sacrifice's release, but it's been over two years now.
A humorous gimmick is no excuse for faulty gameplay.
Please delete Umbra's Sentience.

I do not agree with your points at all - i have ZERO issues with getting killed by Umbra's sentience. 

- He does not need to be invulnerable - he needs to be either 1) supported ( vazrin or operator arcane of your choice to heal warframes) or 2) using life steal.

- he is not a good match for stealth missions, not all frames are good for all missions - period.

- please do NOT change his combat AI - his is unique in it, and it does behave differently, it's part of what makes him fun to use.

- i'm meh on carrying over buffs, frankly i'd rather not use exalted blade (no life steal) but this the only idea presented that I could actually support.

- NO apply nothing from Celestial Twin to Umbra- again - they are different, they act differently and they should remain so.

- I'd suggest learning what he can do in the new meta, personally i like him as is.  He pairs fantastically with a void rig btw with life steal weapons he will support you very nicely and will accompany you.  Play to what he can do - not all frames are good at all things.  What your suggesting doing is taking the choice of how Umbra plays away from players that like how he plays when there are, as you point out (as being superior) - other options for the style of play.  Save up the Umbral Forma for the frame you want to play mate.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Removed the 25 Grandmother Token cost to Gild Items at Father and replaced with 25 Father Tokens as originally intended. A script will be run to refund those who were impacted by this change! UPDATE: Script complete! 

Did anyone actually do that?

50 minutes ago, saper1209 said:

Why the Kuva Ogris's stast get downgraded to original ogris when using the new skin? (if someone can tell me how to add pictures to the post - i can proof it)

If you are talking about this
PwkY2f0.jpeg

I compared them with and without skin and they are the exact same.
I think it's just visual.

1 hour ago, nyxtasy said:

Please READ! edited!! xD (guy above me gets points, i have the solution, no points .. T-T xD

Thank You for the hotfix!

I could swear red text announced something about a syandana, so I hoped for the Synkra Syandana being properly delivered,

but I still don't have that syandana.... hm

EDIT:  OMG

IMPORTANT NOTES   ---   IMPORTANT NOTES ---   IMPORTANT NOTES   ---  IMPORTANT NOTES   ----  IMPORTANT NOTES ----   IMPORTANT NOTES

Fellow Tennos, I hope you did NOT DEINSTALL the seccond installation of warframe via Epic games

GO INTO GAME VIA EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER, so the hotfix loads THERE AS WELL   xD xD xD....now i have the syandana!
End of EDIT

The weapons were delivered first try, thanks for awesome fashion enhancements!:P

This is sad. 

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Can we get old enemy scaling back SOMEWHERE new enemies feel like paper -> boring. Maybe just in ONE single node of each gamemode or  in Void only. Every  melee demolishing level 9999 feels just not fun and also should NOT  be possible  

Sounds like you wanna take a *Path* to harder enemies to test your *Steel*. 

🤔

10 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

From what I can tell, the new drakgoon skin appears to ignore Fomorian Accelerant. With the skin equipped, it only appears to bounce twice and travels much slower.

Yes, also it takes the stats of the normal one(I tested, it doesn't one shot lv150 with the skin, without it it does)

Archived