Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Corpus Railjack] Pluto has a megacity? Is that where Corposium is located?

DrivaMain

I noticed Pluto have concentrated amount of light during the railjack reveal. Signifying it has large city or cities. Is this possibly where Corposium is located? Also present pluto with Corpus outposts doesn't make sense if the planet's surface looked like that from space. 

Dude, I loved how that planet looked with the megacity visible from space. I really hope we get something that shows/explains what it is.

Also, we finaly get to see an actual, functional, (even if its only from space), city in the warframe universe.

huh.

Wait! Fortuna may also count, yeah?

Aaand Cetus.

Technically.

But still, no megacities like Ilium from Mass Effect, or Coruscant. I love those.

Wait... ok saw it had to rewatch hmm means maybe a future open world/city for Pluto ? That means they will also remaster the Corpus Oupost tileset I suppose which is great, some areas feel dull.

Also they showed pics of Uranus but not this time. They are really keeping this under wraps and expect us to speculate over the holidays :D

50 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Is this possibly where Corposium is located? 

Impossible to tell, though I guess it's theoretically possible. Corposium was originally built on farmland, which would normally rule out Pluto, but the Orokin had peasant villages on freakin' Europa too so who's to say how powerful their solar terraforming was?

they probably do, but these cities are of little importance to the Tenno, as the Corpus won't build military assets within the limits of a city, that's just asking for innocent people to be killed in the event of an attack. you build outposts in rural areas, and keep them as hidden as possible. there likely isn't anything worth attacking in these areas, and far too many innocent civilians for Lotus to let the likes of us in there.

It would be incredibly cool to visit such a place, we've never experienced a city-like combat environment in warframe before. It would also be amazing if the various ground-based tilesets were remastered in order to match the aesthetic of the planet, right now Venus and Pluto, Ceres and Sedna, Europa and Neptune not only look the same, but also feel mismatched and break immersion, as you can see Jupiter in Neptune's skybox, Pluto is way too bright for how far it is from the sun and Neptune doesn't actually have a solid surface. I feel consistency in these aspects would immensely help tie the game together and lessen that feeling of disconnection players often complain about, and it would also open very interesting pathways to explore the lore and the universe of warframe. 

4 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

I thought Pluto was mostly a factory base for the Corpus to be honest, though we do know the Outer Terminus is located there which h would have been part of the travel system to tau if things had turned out different.

And the first point of invasion for any incoming Sentients, so the Corpus are going to be completely #*!%ed when the next wave comes out right in the middle of their main production facilities.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

And the first point of invasion for any incoming Sentients, so the Corpus are going to be completely #*!%ed when the next wave comes out right in the middle of their main production facilities.

Or overjoyed, if their Orphix units (brand new to the lore as of yesterday) are first on the scene.

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Impossible to tell, though I guess it's theoretically possible. Corposium was originally built on farmland, which would normally rule out Pluto, but the Orokin had peasant villages on freakin' Europa too so who's to say how powerful their solar terraforming was?

that I do agreed, The orokin is known their terraforming technology when they turn 1 the planet as we know fortuna and they use massive amount engineer of orokin's mecha fish to transform the whole planet into working living PC greater then Icore that Bill Gate be jealous from thousands of years ahead of him but as again they created life and engineer every animals they can find a mutation them for changing their origin creature they are.

This is also what the corpus is working on as well for they are trying learn how to use terraforming the planet and also including the gate portal for they temp trying get it working so hard so many time which I am surprised they hadn't even collected massive amount of ayatan stars for they could of power up the whole gate with that sort of power.  More likely Pluto is basically has a hidden city like how fortuna is but without any detection or we could say they built a giant invisible barrier that was impossible for us players to see it.  That is all my guess from why we didn't see anything a city in pluto.

The sci-fi nerd part of my brain squeaked in satisfaction at seeing another lovely classic sci-fi scene, and maybe getting a little more fleshing out of a sci-fi universe

The astronomy nut part of my brain is screaming bloody murder at the nonsensical proposition of building large, permanent settlements on tiny, distant, freezing cold, resource-bereft ball of ice like Pluto..

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The planet is still called Venus. Fortuna is a debt internment camp on Venus (to put it another way, Alcatraz is a prison, not a state)

*facepalm* I know I am just dang lazy name the city for I just point it out the fortuna because I just got lazy half way cat walk way and deiced say "fug it I am laying here".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once again not try derail the topic but trying stay with the topic, The Corpus's city can be in "SPACE" like a space station or another size like a planet that actually can hide behind  another planet.  It's like that one movie about no one was able see the dark side the moon because the moon hid the city or something like that for this is one thous reference of transformer's movie or some sort but yea whatever, for DE don't announce "cities" or "places" that still exist that has colony.  the colony is moving ship to ship and we flipping see it every dang gosh time seeing it out in our orbiter ship's window.  Wow what the possible FIT THE ENTIRE GRINEER OR CORPUS CREW OH WAIT IT ALSO HAVE CIVILIANS ON THE SHIP I WONDER WHY THEY ARE ON HUGE GIANT SHIP!

DECorpusShipB.png

0f0kyafsf6w41.pngmXqJI74.pngCe021S3.jpg

For I hate to ask but hadn't even think where the civilian could of lived or "TRY TO ESCAPE WHEN THE WHOLE SHIP IS BLOWING UP?" Geez I wonder there is enough escape pod for everyone?  Welp we left them in the fate of in the corpus's ship that is cost millions of credits that probably was housing some civilian ships.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

the colony is moving ship to ship and we flipping see it every dang gosh time seeing it out in our orbiter ship's window.  Wow what the possible FIT THE ENTIRE GRINEER OR CORPUS CREW OH WAIT IT ALSO HAVE CIVILIANS ON THE SHIP I WONDER WHY THEY ARE ON HUGE GIANT SHIP!

DECorpusShipB.png

I'm not... entirely sure what you're on about, but that's not a colony. That's a warship. Colonies look like relays, according the Kuva Assault mission

19 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm not... entirely sure what you're on about, but that's not a colony. That's a warship. Colonies look like relays, according the Kuva Assault mission

Ask yourself if a colony need a ship and they are getting attack by the infested wouldn't they either have

A. Grineer or Corpus in the ship ready to defend the civilian

B. The colony ship might end up similar

C. The colony has no ship but end up "working" in the "warship"

Just like when we were at one the "other ships" didn't you not noticed these guys still in the ship?

jwEYB0JikddLn15_CKLGg5sttf7_9zZOvvDQosJh

how many time we left them in the ship?  8,9,10 or 100s?

yea when we blow up a ship you have to think about it are we doing this right?  Lotus is not in command no more so basically we are running around like children thinking "everything will be fine" blowing a ship up while there is couple of civilian on board in that warship for they probably didn't volunteer out of their will.  Sometime you have to think logically for do the corpus has a proto-call civilian evac them or not but keep this in mind we don't know any deep story do they still keep regular janitor corpus cleaning the poop deck or not or either they had a civilian being transported safely on that same transportship that turns out a war ship then we the players didn't know we are blowing up couple civilian in that ship that we didn't think about or never detected it about it in the 1st place.

As again, we the players going end up saying "who cares".  The fact we never met a civilian's ship at all.

I think it's possible that Rebecca got confused and said PLUTO when she meant NEPTUNE.

My primary evidence is this month-old article by DE's PR director saying that Neptune will be a Corpus Railjack area: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/05/whats-next-for-warframe-digital-extremes-shares-their-vision-for-the-future/

Neptune Proxima makes a lot of sense. According to its planet description (removed from the game in 2016), it's where the Corpus is headquartered. This is reinforced by The Index being located there as well. Neptune is a gas giant (technically, ice giant), so you can't actually have cities on the surface, but that hasn't stopped DE before.

It seems weird that they would have Neptune Proxima and then Pluto Proxima, seeing as they're adjacent planets. If they do have both, then it's possible we were shown Neptune Proxima but Rebecca accidentally said Pluto. According to Pluto's cephalon fragment, Pluto is largely uninhabited and home to automated factories (@Hierarch777 already mentioned this), although I bet no one at DE remembers they put this in their own game. It's also not reflected in current missions on Pluto. Still, if we were to see megacities, Neptune is the most likely place for them.

19 hours ago, Krilexis said:

That means they will also remaster the Corpus Oupost tileset I suppose which is great, some areas feel dull.

I don't know if it's related. We didn't get a new Saturn tileset with Saturn Proxima. I do think the Corpus Outpost tileset needs a refresh, and it should come soon, I think. They just redid the Corpus Ship and there are a lot of tiles that used to overlap with Corpus Outpost. Doing Outpost next brings them all into modernity.

47 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

"Colony" is an incredibly generic term that generally refers (in Warframe) to any settlement that isn't associated with the major factions of Corpus or Grineer. Cetus is a traditional city on a terrestrial planet, while the Mycona colony was in the middle of an Infested Corpus ship. Some colonies will be on planets, some on asteroids, and others in ships or space stations like the Relays. What @ChaoticEdge is possibly referring to is the theory put forth by @StallordD that certain classes of Corpus ships are colony ships containing civilians. He talks about it in this video, around the 3:26 mark.

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

I think it's possible that Rebecca got confused and said PLUTO when she meant NEPTUNE.

Nah, it's definitely Pluto. Look at 16:28 on the devstream, apart from the light coming from the structures, the planet itself looks unmistakably similar to New Horizon's pictures of Pluto with those white spots. We all know DE isn't consistent, especially with lore, it wouldn't be a surprise for them to add signs of megastructures just for flavor's sake... Which I actually wouldn't mind, if we ever got to visit such places.

Okay had to rewatch the part with the planet background and lights on it surface should be Pluto indeed no rings whatsoever around it for sure. 

Also found this article again It shows Neptune in 1rst and 3rd pic with huge rings around it https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/05/whats-next-for-warframe-digital-extremes-shares-their-vision-for-the-future/ and 2nd pic is clearly showing the "portals" or "shields" we saw in Rebecca video. Corpus destroying an asteroid maybe for resources?

My guess is they will introduce Pluto and Neptune Proxima regions. I hope they will introduce too a type of spy mission in these missions.

7 hours ago, Krilexis said:

My guess is they will introduce Pluto and Neptune Proxima regions. I hope they will introduce too a type of spy mission in these missions.

I'd really hope for both things. Railjack has nearly unlimited potential in terms of game design, the duality between managing the ship and completing outside objectives can create very cool situations of tension and urgency, but it's sad to see such potential wasted in missions that fully revolve around "kill/destroy xyz". Some more variety would definitely help. 

15 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Or overjoyed, if their Orphix units (brand new to the lore as of yesterday) are first on the scene.

I dunno about that. I've no idea what these orphix things are (I don't have the patience to sit through an hour long devstream, which I where I assume they came from), but seeing as how the Corpus are technologically inferior to the Orokin and how the Orokin were in turn out-teched and *@##$slapped by the Sentients, I don't see anything Corpus being able to fight off anything Sentient - especially given how they love their robots and that anything technological (apparently) has a habit of being subverted by the Sentients.

16 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I dunno about that. I've no idea what these orphix things are (I don't have the patience to sit through an hour long devstream, which I where I assume they came from), but seeing as how the Corpus are technologically inferior to the Orokin and how the Orokin were in turn out-teched and *@##$slapped by the Sentients, I don't see anything Corpus being able to fight off anything Sentient - especially given how they love their robots and that anything technological (apparently) has a habit of being subverted by the Sentients.

That's what I said, the Sentient Orphix would be super happy. "Oh sweet, free robots!"

Archived