Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too old to play Warframe?

(PSN)GrandpaNISHER808

Question

16 minutes ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

I’m 69 years old and feel a little embarrassed to play with public group squads. My grandkids run circles around me but it’s cool to watch. However I feel like I don’t contribute much in a strike. Are the other older players out there playing Warframe? Just curious.

i am 59, been playing warframe since 5 years and reached already MR30.

and i am planning to teach it to my grand kid soon, he is 2 years old XD

20 minutes ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

I’m 69 years old and feel a little embarrassed to play with public group squads. My grandkids run circles around me but it’s cool to watch. However I feel like I don’t contribute much in a strike. Are the other older players out there playing Warframe? Just curious.

More than double my age (32 currently.) Been playing off and on since 2013. Some of the other long-running players seem to forget that fun is important.
Glad you're having fun, even if you're not great at it. Everyone starts somewhere.

(I remember spending the first month of Warframe using the Mk1 Braton, Mk1 Bo and Lato and dealing next to no damage in the higher-end missions.)

41 minutes ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

56 here and have been with the game since open beta...  Don't let your age and your assumed speed with your grandkids be the deterrent for playing publicly....  It never stopped these folk from adventuring and they're older than both of us: 

0888fee6afaaa52a6919ee5237b970a6.jpg 

(Terry Pratchett's Cohen the Barbarian and the Silver Horde).  

With the right build, coupled with your experience -- and wisdom -- you can end up doing things like this with these younglings: 

Warframe0000.jpg

And that was done with a Support Frame...  

Play the game for the enjoyment.  Any of us that are on console will more than happily help you getting up to snuff with the game.  

1 hour ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

58 yr old here and 5700 hrs in WF .. never to old my friend :)  my lil clan of 5 has 2 other "oldies" which is why I named it The Ancient Reapers .. 

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

my only contribution is that i'm of the opinion that what ends up feeling like a hurdle to older people is that our Brains become less capable of compensating and filling in the blanks later on.
and as such, it's my professional opinion that fast Displays and coinciding high Framerates is more important for us as we age, so that what is on the Display is closer to what is actually happening and thusly so that the Brain doesn't have to compensate as much for what's there.

My 60Hz monitor feels personally attacked 😥

39 years young, warlord for 6 clans, stopped playing competitively cos the game became stale but I'll tell you this, age breeds experience and that will always trump twitch skills in this game. Just develop a CC or AoE DPS style of play and ask your grandkids why their damage is always so low at the end of the mission 😉

Don't worry about being competitive. WF is a casual game-the developers make sure the game is accessible to wide range of players.

Try to be yourself and enjoy the game. The community in WF is very mature compares to the other games. If anyone is being toxic or rude toward you, just ignore that person.

I would suggest you start on PC instead on console tho.

il y a 22 minutes, kgabor a dit :

There are lots of older people i see playing more competitive games too, like War Thunder.

It shouldn't be a problem in Warframe, considering the biggest selling factor of the game at this point is that it's an easy game.

> Warthunder

> Competitive

Pick one please. A game this bugged, unbalanced and messy isn't competitive. It's barely functional as a PVP game.

On topic, honestly, Warframe can be enjoyed by anyone. The diversity of frames and weapons means you can always enjoy a slower pace if you want to. Nobody will ask you to play Gauss if you're not one to run everywhere at breakneck pace. Frames like Grendel, Harrow or Ivara can play at their own pace.

7 hours ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

You're never to old to have fun 😉

Archived