Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the randomness of a Octavia Prime trailer all of a sudden? Will DE do others that don’t have one this way, Ballas narrated?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

21 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

What’s your source?

What possible evidence do you have for how much work goes into these trailers?

That’s not all gameplay, some of it is very much still animated.

Don’t need a source when I’ve seen players do almost the same thing with captura in a bunch of Warframe contests. The vast majority of the trailer is straight captura+in game + voice over w/ maybe a tad bit of mocap

I had no idea the trailers existed so I went back and watched them all. 

Valkyr is the obvious favorite because she's the best frame, but it leaves you wanting way more. Like imagine if there was a full on series of this stuff. 

It's just a Fantasy, but seeing the frames act like ninjas with the swords and Atlas sitting on that ledge was absolutely amazing. 

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I had no idea the trailers existed so I went back and watched them all. 

Valkyr is the obvious favorite because she's the best frame, but it leaves you wanting way more. Like imagine if there was a full on series of this stuff. 

It's just a Fantasy, but seeing the frames act like ninjas with the swords and Atlas sitting on that ledge was absolutely amazing. 

Vauban :P

I’m honestly shocked Mesa didn’t get a trailer.

On 2021-02-24 at 11:21 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

No, please... please, no. 

Just... no, no, no, no no. 

We don't need to waste a ton of development time going back and making umpteen cinematic trailers.

The fact they skimped on the cinematics a bit here is good as it didn't waste too much dev time. Please, just let the idea of prime trailers for past primes go away, and let us all move on... 

No.

2 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

No.

What value do they add to the game? 

Warframe is a videogame, not an HBO series. 

I can understand a low budget trailer when a prime is unvaulted to increase sales, but apart from that, it seems like dev work so a few people who already have the product can go "oooh shiny". It does nothing to add to gameplay, and nothing to increase sales so why? 

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I can understand a low budget trailer when a prime is unvaulted to increase sales, but apart from that, it seems like dev work so a few people who already have the product can go "oooh shiny". It does nothing to add to gameplay, and nothing to increase sales so why? 

Because it adds lore, and DE had done several up until now and just decided to stop because....why again?

Actually, thinking about it, DE still had some soul put into their game design at that point, they wanted us to enjoy the lore, and we did, but then they just stopped doing those and now we get space sitcom.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

What value did the Fortuna ARG add to the game?

They're ads. And as a nice bonus they can expand the game's lore. Mirage Prime's trailer hinted at the origin of the Warframes ("the vice"). In this case we got some more insight into Helminth and the Warframe creation process ("the Long Scream") as well as hints about the fall of the Orokin and Ballas' involvement ("our grand finale").

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

What value did the Fortuna ARG add to the game?

They're ads. And as a nice bonus they can expand the game's lore. Mirage Prime's trailer hinted at the origin of the Warframes ("the vice"). In this case we got some more insight into Helminth and the Warframe creation process ("the Long Scream") as well as hints about the fall of the Orokin and Ballas' involvement ("our grand finale").

I understand what you are saying. 

That's why I say, if they are doing them for unvaultings I understand. 

An ad makes sense in that case, and the development time isn't just spent so a few people who already have it can go "woooooo!". 

But I don't want them to go back and start making trailers for all the primes just because. Do it for a reason. 

Like, at least with Hydroid they had the justification they could hawk his new deluxe skin after hyping the trailer and giving out the prime for free through Twitch. 

6 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Resources and time.

Pretty simple, really.

Sure that makes sense with the cinematic trailers of the past. But this trailer is largely just in gameplay. Probably a few devs 2 to 3 weeks to do one. Keep in mind that DE is at least 500 Devs strong. So now drop in the bucket for time and resources . Also has some good marketing at the end. While bringing the players good Lore. Win Win. 

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4833328

ballas had his chance but now he is traitor now.  Plus it probably going cost too much money for him narrate it all the time, better let the dude who narrate each the frame's story seriously I pay respect to him.

I like how being a dehumanising monster who lied and cheated his way into creating the Sentients, and likely by extension the Tenno (since they were going to Tau, that means they were likely step 2 in the colonisation project), and then turned the Tenno into child soldiers once it was discovered they could pilot his pet infested monsters isn't enough of a moral objection already.

And yes, all of this was canon and explained before the Sacrifice.

Oh there are multiple potential reasons for that ,

I am voting for "some dude made a captura in his freetime and it was good enough to be a prime trailer"

There is also " Tencent has provided budget for marketing and additional resources "

And " marketing team is under threat of getting fired and had to make something to show they are relevant".

There is also the unlikely possibility that DE got their resource management on track for once  and delivered on time. 

On 2021-02-24 at 4:07 PM, PublikDomain said:

Doing retroactive trailers for unvaultings sounds like the best way to go about it. And that way they could do two frames at once, which could be cool.

This would be cool. 

There's the whole time vs. resources thing, but I'd love to see it. 

20 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Sure that makes sense with the cinematic trailers of the past. But this trailer is largely just in gameplay. Probably a few devs 2 to 3 weeks to do one. Keep in mind that DE is at least 500 Devs strong. So now drop in the bucket for time and resources . Also has some good marketing at the end. While bringing the players good Lore. Win Win. 

So, you have the employee lists and the P&L info and product roadmap in front of your to make these claims 'DE could just', right?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Where you think DE has 'at least 500 devs' is beyond me, last I saw the whole company was it the 300's of employees.

This is sort of un-informed thinking about software and development works is why so many gamers lose their minds by creating Hype that cannot live up to expectations.

You like them, you want more of them, that's fine.

Making outlandish claims about development resources like this is just silly and un-informed.

15 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

So, you have the employee lists and the P&L info and product roadmap in front of your to make these claims 'DE could just', right?

And do you have any of those things to say they couldn't make more trailers? Because it seems to me like they just made another trailer. 🤔

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Not trying to be that guy but just FYI According to lore you’re the “chosen Tenno”, so according to lore Ballas gave you the paracesis. 

Yes, "the Tenno" was meant to convey "the individual Tenno played by you".

10 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Yeah but you just know he gave it to us in order to play both sides. Ballas wants everything to burn.

Hence I said "possible exception".

Archived