Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

TYPE: UI

DESCRIPTION: Navigation UI completely disappears in Railjack navigation after completing a Railjack mission

VISUAL: https://imgur.com/cyYOLIe

REPRODUCTION: Unknown

EXPECTED RESULT: Navigation should open and be interactable, allowing for new missions or the Dry Dock to be selected.

OBSERVED RESULT: Navigation is blank, with no interactable elements, no planet names, and no mission names, forcing players to Abort Mission and lose all rewards.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown

ADDITIONAL NOTES: I lost a TON of rewards from this bug, Is there any way I can get them back?

https://imgur.com/4UlVG3L

Gameplay Bug with Cancelling Vial Rush

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Vial Rush cannot be cancelled immediately, there's now an input delay after casting it. You used to be able to doubletap the ability key and basically just move a tiny bit forward and spray all your vials in one place.
  • REPRODUCTION: I used Vial Rush on Ash Prime (subsumed via Helminth) in the first ability slot on config C in Neptune's Corpus Railjack Exterminate mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Expected the old behavior: You can cancel Vial Rush immediately after casting it.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Vial Rush cannot be cancelled for a second or so, pressing the ability key again has no effect.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always Happens

Visual Bug in Ability Screen

• DESCRIPTION: opened Ability screen
  • VISUAL: https://i.imgur.com/D3zl0iq.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: open Ability screen (was done during Neptune's Corpus Railjack Exterminate mission).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: In the diorama, the Warframe character looks like my customized Ash Prime as it does in the Arsenal
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The diorama displays the non-Prime and non-customized version of my Warframe (Ash).

Operator Transference "Lag" (in Solo)

• DESCRIPTION: Transferring from Operator into Warframe does not summon the Warframe at the exact location of the Operator; instead the Warframe and player camera are summoned a variable distance behind the Operator's location at the time where the Transference key was pressed. It seems the faster the Operator was moving, the greater the distance between the Operator's actual last location and the wrong location where the Warframe & player camera will relocate to. This is unrelated to online play since the bug also occurs in Solo or as Host.
  • VISUAL: OoIjQ70.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Most easily observed with any scenario that gives your Operator a lot of momentum, such as your Warframe bulletjumping and mid-air Transfering to the Operator, which will pass the momentum onto the Operator. Once your Operator has momentum, Transfer back into the Warframe. Most easily observed if you do a bulletjump and doubletap Transference to quickly pop into and out of your Operator. Melee-cancelling out of Archwing sprint in Open Worlds will also give you a lot of momentum for this test.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Expected the old behavior: Upon Transfering back into your Warframe, your camera stays in place and the Warframe is summoned at the exact location of the Operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Warframe and Camera relocate to a position behind the Operator. The distance to the actual location of the Operator seems to depend on the Operator's momentum at the point of Transference.

Hema drains too much life when "reloading while holstered"

• DESCRIPTION: reloading the Hema passively through "reload while Holstered" mods like Tactical Reload or the Synth mod set bonus makes it drain far more HP than usual. (The Hema has a unique mechanic where it uses the player's HP to reload. How much HP depends on how many bullets are missing in the magazine at the time.)
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip the Hema and a mod that lets you reload while Hema is holstered. Empty the magazine and holster the weapon, observe how much HP it drains. Then compare with emptying the magazine and reloading the weapon manually with the reload key.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The Hema drains equal amounts of HP with both reload methods.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Hema drains vastly more HP when reloading while holstered.

TYPE: [My Account?]

DESCRIPTION: can't playing railjack captain, It is play to be a crew only 

I have tried a lot of different things.

relay dry dock, clan dry dock, menu - Railjack, restart game, change language, out of clan

but it didn't work 

• VISUAL:

REPRODUCTION RATE : restart game many time

Edited by MachRush

• DESCRIPTION: We experienced a bug while doing the 'Disable Priority Targets' objective at Khufu Envoy (Orphix), Neptune Proxima. The waypoint would point us at a different direction while the entrance (with the 'ENTER' prompt) would be located at the opposite side. Upon entering said entry point, we would be transported somewhere else and everything is almost pitch-black dark and we'd still be in our archwings without any way to exit from said area other than using the Omni tool to teleport back in railjack.
  • VISUAL
Spoiler

oFa3g8E.jpg

Spoiler

R15tHRv.jpg

Spoiler

XNeYuUA.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: N/A
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Waypoint should've been directed us to the proper entrance. Upon entry, we should've loaded inside the Corpus ship accordingly.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Entry point was different from where the waypoint actually was. Entering said entry point would result in loading us in a very dark area with our archwings still equipped. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: N/A

• TYPE : in-game.
  •  Description : AI crew member got stuck in rear facing turret and the game would not let me load into new mission or abort the mission.
  • visual : below.
  • Reproduction : i assume the crew member got stuck in the rear turret during a loading screen.
  • Expected: to load in a mission normaly .
  • Observed : stuck in loading screen to new mission , AI crew memeber seen in rear turret while loading (without her head).
  • Reproduction rate: unknown.
  • DF6dQJ9.jpg

TYPE: Frozen controls

DESCRIPTION: In high-lag railjack missions, attempting to switch to operator form locks you in place for an extended period of time

VISUAL: Re1eYqo.jpg

REPRODUCTION: Enter a railjack mission as client with high lag, attempt to enter operator mode

EXPECTED RESULT: Enter operator mode, or at least retain control of frame

OBSERVED RESULT: Frame is frozen in place for seconds or minutes, until the operator form spawns

REPRODUCTION RATE: Higher frequency (and freeze duration) with higher lag

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Occured twice, once when i was doing defense on veil proxima arc silver i used my specter(xaku specter with trumna equiped) and was playing as xaku with helios scanning around in both cases, in first case i used necramech from start to end and after last wave it teleported me back to railjack turned off entire ui and gave no rewards at all with cephalon cy saying that mission is aborted. In second case the only difference was that i did not use necramech and only used xaku's 4 and 2 ability.]
  • VISUAL: [
    Spoiler

zhCQYiC.png

]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Not much of a clue either it has something to do with equipment or "low effort defending"]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [no ui should dissapear and reward should be granted instead of aborting mission]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [ui dissapeared and cephalon cy aborted mission after teleporting me to railjack]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [from two times i did this map it happened in both cases]

Reposting this again. Honestly very disappointed this is till occurring after a year...

TYPE: [In-Game]

DESCRIPTION: [On Railjack Veil Proxima Grineer nodes, the mission requires players to disable a pulse turbine. A room with the objective is behind a locked door, the door is green which should mean it's open-able but it isn't.]

VISUAL: [see quoted threads]

REPRODUCTION: [not entirey clear, but getting progress in other objectives or doing pulse turbine late nearly always causes it. Other times it won't open from the beginning. (Host migration may or may not fix it)]

EXPECTED RESULT: [door should open (or preferably not exist in the first place)]

OBSERVED RESULT: [all doors except the entrance door refuse to open.]

REPRODUCTION RATE: [nearly always]

Please, just delete the door, it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to fail missions...

Edited by Demon.King
clarification
  • Like 3

I'm not entirely sure what causes this, so I don't have reproduction steps, but on occasion when in a primary objective in a Corpus Proxima, client players can be randomly teleported back to the railjack. This isn't an Omni teleport/crew recall, but rather the game yanks the player back to the ship and places them in the navigation area of the railjack. This locks that player out of returning to the objective and forces the team to wait through the return to airlock timer. When it happened to me, I was playing Nezha and midway through casting an ability when I was teleported mid-animation. 

Related: if a crew member is somehow outside the primary objective after Cy teleports everyone to the airlock, the outer doors to the objective close but the team cannot continue as not everyone is present. If anyone omni's back to the ship, they cannot enter either. I've had a mission softlock due to this as one of our teammates was stuck outside the objective. 

• DESCRIPTION: I can't start RJ missions as host anymore and am forced into public squads, doesnt matter if I enter my RJ from the Dry Dock in the Dojo or the Orbiter to start a mission
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Allow me to host when launching mission from the Dry Dock or boarded Railjack from the Orbiter
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: This is my first time playing the Orphix mission in the Neptune Proxima, in the Mammon's Prospect. This happened as soon as I left the Orphix ship and went into space.
  • VISUAL: unknown.png?width=1129&height=636
  • REPRODUCTION: Leave the Orphix ship.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Able to return to ship, and/or navigate the rest of the mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The screen froze, permanently stuck in current screen. Tried "/unstuck" but didn't work. Could not access menu with the "Esc" key. Chat functional. Could not fire or use any weapons. Could not use any abilities. Gear wheel non-functional.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Second time playing this mission, didn't get the bug. Not sure how often it pops up. Will do more testing later on.

ps. Only way to exit the game is to force shut down.

Edited by Aloony

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Warframe exalted weapons unable to damage Corpus Reactor Vents SIMILAR to Corpus Bubble preventing exalted weapon damage against Nullifier Bubbles after the bubble has already been removed
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  damaging vent
  • OBSERVED RESULT: vent takes no damage tested with hildryn balefire.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

Bugframe yes yes. Me go play something else again because me hate this game with all these bugs yes yes.
Me throwing away 2 hours worth of play because of this bug yes yes. Me out,
Bye Bye.

Edited by MrSigy

• DESCRIPTION: Using 4th ability of Voidrig Necramech and immediately firing causes continous fire to stop once siege transformation is complete.
  • REPRODUCTION: Use Voidrig, press 4, hold down primary fire button immediately after.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Continuous fire should continue firing without stopping. As it always has previously.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Once siege transformation completed continuous fire was halted until the fire button was pressed again.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every single time. At least when used in Railjack missions.

TYPE: In-Game

Description: Flying around in a Railjack mission. 3 players and a crew member. I was piloting, and was the host. The game suddenly froze up and crashed. Each of the other people I was playing with migrated hosts. One of the other people playing with me soon after also froze and crashed. Third player finished the mission without issues. 

Type: In-game

Description: Using Tail Wind to Divebomb into a data conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught can cause your frame to get stuck in the Divebomb pose and unable to move or perform any action.

Visual:

Reproduction: Using Zephyr, aim your reticle down towards a data conduit during Sanctuary Onslaught and use Tail Wind to enter it.

Expected Result: Zephyr lands after loading into the next zone and is able to continue fighting as normal.

Observed Result: Zephyr instead gets stuck in the Divebomb pose and slides across the floor until she gets stuck in a corner or falls off the map, leaving you unable to move or perform any actions.

Reproduction Rate: 5/5 attempts of reproduction have yielded this result, tested in squads and solo.

23 minutes ago, Demon.King said:

Reposting this again. Honestly very disappointed this is till occurring after a year...

TYPE: [In-Game]

DESCRIPTION: [On Railjack Veil Proxima Grineer nodes, the mission requires players to disable a pulse turbine. A room with the objective is behind a locked door, the door is green which should mean it's open-able but it isn't]

VISUAL: [see quoted threads]

REPRODUCTION: [not entirey clear, but getting progress in other objectives or doing pulse turbine late nearly always causes it]

EXPECTED RESULT: [door should open (or preferably not exist in the first place)]

OBSERVED RESULT: [all doors except the entrance door refuse to open.]

REPRODUCTION RATE: [nearly always]

Please, just delete the door, it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to fail missions...

+1 been in the game for years still no fix for it.

• DESCRIPTION: During the game the leveling of the partner and his weapon in a random way. Lvl 1, l2, l3, l4, l5, l1, l2, l3, l1 ... and in the end, he hardly adds experience
  • VISUAL: https://ibb.co/NF6tPMx
  • REPRODUCTION: Use a level 1 companion
  • EXPECTED RESULT: the companion and his weapon leveled correctly
  • OBSERVED RESULT: wrongly count the level
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always
Edited by elPredi

Type: In-Game
Description: Arc Silver (Veil Proxima, Corpus RJ Defense) does not complete
visual: n/a
Reproduction: finish the mission, extract at 5 waves, and return to dry dock
Expected Result: The mission will no longer be blinking and I can access the other missions
Observed Result: The mission was still blinking and the other nodes are not accessible past that
Reproduction rate: 2/2

• Like 1

TYPE: In-game

DESCRIPTION: a part of Zephyr Harriers jacket disappears in the star chart

VISUAL:

hisiOkR.jpg

REPRODUCTION: Interact with the navigation console inside of the orbiter/relay/dojo.

EXPECTED RESULT: Every part of the warframe is visible while using the navigation console.

OBSERVED RESULT: The collar part of Zephyr Harriers jacket disappears while using the navigation console.

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%, happens when interacting with any of the available navigation consoles in the game.

Edited by Pebelo

Bug with new zephyr rework regarding her 1st ability and operator:

TYPE: In Game.

DESCRIPTION: flying through the air using/experimenting with zephyr's new hold effect on her 1st ability.

VISUAL: N/A as I have no way to record my screen currently.

REPRODUCTION: swap to operator while zephyr's 1st ability hold effect is active, void dash, return to zephyr, and end the ability.

EXPECTED RESULT: energy regeneration when I end the ability.

OBSERVED RESULT: no energy regeneration, and energy siphon doesn't seem to work either. this will stay this way until you leave mission.

REPRODUCTION RATE: it will always happen with zephyr, specifically with her first ability's hold effect.