Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only been back to play for ten hours after a year off, want to quit again.

UilliamNebel

So far, yeah no, game is the same post 'The War Within' dead stop of progression, and even ability to really do anything resembling progression.

No nice way to say it. the game is a shamble after The War Within, it is just bad. If you want to look for why new players slip through DE's fingers like a fist grasping sand, this part of the game is well worth a look.

The hard dump to grind amps, the tossing out of operator mode and focus with horrid in game introduction and explanation, the sentient combat and other parts just being bad bouts of invincibility spamming on top of AI cheese in the parts of the game you are meant to grind ad nauseum....

Quite literally, everything in the game went from feeling like a challenge to feeling like a dead stop of pointless go nowhere play loop that the majority of the time you wont even get one cycle through. No really, post The War Within is no fun right now. Quite frankly it is bad, very bad.

5 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

It wouldn't be so bad if it had some level of difficulty, still the same (if not dumber) AI, bullet sponges are not difficult, they're time consuming at best.

But by the same token, smarter AI doesn't make a difference at all. A Lancer taking cover behind a Shield Lancer? An Eximus rallying nearby enemies together? It doesn't matter, because we're not ninjas; we're practically gods. Their tactics doesn't matter since we can completely shut down the enemy AI or simply annihilate a large tile within mere seconds.

Can 'get good' all ya want, doesn't change the fact the game is shambles for new players, and can't retain them in worthwhile numbers. So glad you're happy with it as is. Doesn't change that right now it is dreadfully bad for those starting, and needs serious work in that direction.

Y'know, guy isn't wrong. Most of the content after TWW is quite a wall until you've climbed it a few times. There's a couple of quests that will just be awful to slog through without a real amp, and acquiring one basically requires you to be carried through a few Eidelons.

It doesn't have to be that way, but it is that way by design.

How's this for a revolutionary idea: Take the moddable weapons, like amps and... let us mod them. Improve your mote amp by only crafting one part for it instead of three. Suddenly that wall is a lot lower.

Or make mote amp useful, idk.

13 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Quite literally, everything in the game went from feeling like a challenge to feeling like a dead stop of pointless go nowhere play loop that the majority of the time you wont even get one cycle through. No really, post The War Within is no fun right now. Quite frankly it is bad, very bad.

Would help if you could give us any sort of context. I mean... What exactly is the issue? I'm playing the game right now and I apparently don't see the same things you do.

14 hours ago, UilliamNebel said:

Can 'get good' all ya want, doesn't change the fact the game is shambles for new players, and can't retain them in worthwhile numbers. So glad you're happy with it as is. Doesn't change that right now it is dreadfully bad for those starting, and needs serious work in that direction.

If you walk into McDonalds expecting Filet Mignon then the problem is on your end, dude. All of the veterans know Warframe is a mish-mash of concepts that are, for the most part, stuck together with sticks and glue. It will never be polished and it will never be what you expect it to be. Move on to something else.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

If you walk into McDonalds expecting Filet Mignon then the problem is on your end, dude. All of the veterans know Warframe is a mish-mash of concepts that are, for the most part, stuck together with sticks and glue. It will never be polished and it will never be what you expect it to be. Move on to something else.

lol dude thats a great statement, and very true, .. I do love a good Filet Mignon .. would it be called a Big Mignon or a Meatwood-Mac :)  man I need a coffee 

24 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

lol dude thats a great statement, and very true, .. I do love a good Filet Mignon .. would it be called a Big Mignon or a Meatwood-Mac :)  man I need a coffee 

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah, except the analogy makes no sense here. McDonalds, as a product, is very unlikely to change. Part of why it is contracting like crazy also, which will get to another point.

Remember that hotfix that went out earlier today, changed something in game, hopefully for the better. And it didn't take a logistical supply nightmare to get done like what happens at McDonalds? Yeah, that alone demolished the sophistry at the heart of your point.

Warframe can be changed, can be done incrementally, unlike McDonalds which is in decline as it raises prices while customer visits decline sharply... But sadly, Warframe, by following the mobile gaming model of chasing 'Whales' is on the same death march as McDonalds also.

Also, that is just nihilist nonsense in part, a thing stuck together like crap, so lets just play till it burns out? Nah, I'd rather say something, as I'd like to believe if enough do, some sort of change in leadership thinking, or change of leadership at DE, would be possible, and we'd get a much better product. Not some rotting carcass to pick at in boredom and frustration till that even gets too putrid for the most hardcore grinder to stomach.

13 minutes ago, UilliamNebel said:

Yeah, except the analogy makes no sense here. McDonalds, as a product, is very unlikely to change. Part of why it is contracting like crazy also, which will get to another point.

Remember that hotfix that went out earlier today, changed something in game, hopefully for the better. And it didn't take a logistical supply nightmare to get done like what happens at McDonalds? Yeah, that alone demolished the sophistry at the heart of your point.

Warframe can be changed, can be done incrementally, unlike McDonalds which is in decline as it raises prices while customer visits decline sharply... But sadly, Warframe, by following the mobile gaming model of chasing 'Whales' is on the same death march as McDonalds also.

Also, that is just nihilist nonsense in part, a thing stuck together like crap, so lets just play till it burns out? Nah, I'd rather say something, as I'd like to believe if enough do, some sort of change in leadership thinking, or change of leadership at DE, would be possible, and we'd get a much better product. Not some rotting carcass to pick at in boredom and frustration till that even gets too putrid for the most hardcore grinder to stomach.

Move on. Warframe is obviously not for you and your perspective and expectations are not conducive to healthy long-term time investment. 

1 hour ago, UilliamNebel said:

sadly you will always see responses where people would rather tell others to leave. just know that some of us want more people to stay, come in new, and enjoy the same game we enjoy. this isnt my warframe, this is our warframe. 

just stick with it keep posting your thoughts.

1 час назад, EinheriarJudith сказал:

this is OUR warframe. 

OH NO, it all makes sense now.
*Soviet Anthem starts playing*

Спойлер

JDRV7b6.jpg

On topic, honestly, feel the same, especially since last update.
Like, yay, update, but now what?...
All of the more enjoyable parts of the game end quite quickly and gets spoiled by mindless grind.

Maybe it would've been better if less tolerable grinds would've been stretched out across several gamemodes, instead of being on their own content islands, like they attempted to do with Orphix.
The "change of plans" system could've been handled differently, and expanded to bring some variety (optional objectives, instead of turning mission into another gamemode).
Liches could've became assasins, instead of being isolated.
I also always felt lack of special enemies in the game, seriously, there's only two enemies that stand out from the rest, because they're actually more interesting - Noxes and Bursas, everything else is some kind of reskin, with no interesting behaviors, that would actually matter (i.e. enemies do take cover, but they live half a second on screen)
Anything that can mix up the gameplay even a little bit, would go a long way, except complete invulnerabilities and 99% damage resistances, those can go kiss Vay Hek.....

Move on. Warframe is obviously not for you and your perspective and expectations are not conducive to healthy long-term time investment. 

Well, thank you for sharing your opinion on me, in the feedback forum... about the game... for offering our feedback... based on our personal perspective.. and expectations.... 

Seriously though, thank you for the feedback.

43 minutes ago, UilliamNebel said:

Well, thank you for sharing your opinion on me, in the feedback forum... about the game... for offering our feedback... based on our personal perspective.. and expectations.... 

Seriously though, thank you for the feedback.

If you are someone looking for productive, healthy responses to your concern then you should not preface your argument with "want to quit"

By phrasing your argument in this way it appears that you are split between staying and leaving. The healthy response is to suggest quitting because you are obviously not enjoying the game anymore. Why should I compel you to stay when you dislike the game in its current state?

You seem torn between what you want/expect and what exists.

39 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

You seem torn between what you want/expect and what exists.

And you seem to think this forum, the feedback one, is mostly for your consumption.

But it's not. Other players are not going to improve my perception of the game and its set up as it is. They will help me to enjoy it, sure, but can do nothing to fix what needs improvement with the game itself. Players, helping players is a good, wholly separate, no where even near this forum's intended purpose.

17 minutes ago, UilliamNebel said:

And you seem to think this forum, the feedback one, is mostly for your consumption.

But it's not. Other players are not going to improve my perception of the game and its set up as it is. They will help me to enjoy it, sure, but can do nothing to fix what needs improvement with the game itself. Players, helping players is a good, wholly separate, no where even near this forum's intended purpose.

This response, and your general attitude, reinforce the idea that this game is just not for you. You seem to have a problem with the community for criticizing your decision to make this thread, you seem to be quick to condemn those who disagree with you, and you seem unable/unwilling to adapt your mode of thinking. If you're just hanging out on the forums so members of the community can stroke your fragile ego then move along. 

Find another game/forum to troll.

It sure doesn't.

Well, you can keep trying to derail the thread with ad hominem like it is a Kickstarter for a table top RPG if ya want. And accuse others of trolling, for giving feedback that pooh poohs on a game's parts that warrant negative feedback....

Or, well, maybe following your line of thought... Maybe the feedback forum isn't for you? I mean if,

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This response, and your general attitude, reinforce the idea that this game is just not for you. You seem to have a problem with the community for criticizing your decision to make this thread, you seem to be quick to condemn those who disagree with you, and you seem unable/unwilling to adapt your mode of thinking. If you're just hanging out on the forums so members of the community can stroke your fragile ego then move along. 

Perhaps. just perhaps, you are unable, unwilling, who knows, just not for some reason able to deal with others giving negative feedback to WF. Perhaps, rather than calling folks trolls, it is time to take a step back.

Archived