Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain this to me

ThumpumGood

I believe that challenge requires you to destroy the Dargyn (leaving the pilot alive) and getting the Pilot before they hit the ground. Bramma is not good for this due to flight time, though you might be able to get them with the cluster bomb.

I recommend using a sniper or some other semi-auto with good accuracy.

1 minute ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I believe that challenge requires you to destroy the Dargyn (leaving the pilot alive) and getting the Pilot before they hit the ground. Bramma is not good for this due to flight time, though you might be able to get them with the cluster bomb.

I recommend using a sniper or some other semi-auto with good accuracy.

point blank IN THE BACK.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If the pilot dies before the dargyn does, then it does not count. It only counts if the pilot dies after the dargyn blows up, but before they touch the ground.

Then the riven needs to express that or it needs to be changed

3 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Most people understand. If you have any experience with the enemy, you know that the dargyn pilot can be separated from the flying vehicle. You can even watch them on the ground, and jump into their vehicle once they see you. Using titania 1 on them and killing them also counts. The pilot just has to be suspended in the air, not attached to the vehicle.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Most people understand. If you have any experience with the enemy, you know that the dargyn pilot can be separated from the flying vehicle. You can even watch them on the ground, and jump into their vehicle once they see you. Using titania 1 on them and killing them also counts. The pilot just has to be suspended in the air, not attached to the vehicle.

Yeah..... No.  Just like it pretty much requires Ivara to get a perfect tame. Sick of "Have to" frames for things. I'll probably do that, but seriously... they need to change it. I have all of the frames but not everyone does. I would be rage quitting if I came into the game at this point.

4 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Yeah..... No.  Just like it pretty much requires Ivara to get a perfect tame. Sick of "Have to" frames for things. I'll probably do that, but seriously... they need to change it. I have all of the frames but not everyone does. I would be rage quitting if I came into the game at this point.

You don't need Ivara or equinox for perfect captures, you don't need Limbo, Titania or Mesa for dargyn pilot.

When someone suggests using a warframe it's to make things much easier but it's not required, it's completely possible and not too hard to do it without these specific warframes

4 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Other people probably just have different problem solving skills lol. You can trade it for a different challenge or use a different riven, etc. 

If someone doesn't have a certain frame for a job, then they probably shouldn't be worrying about rivens 24/7 lol.

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You don't need Ivara or equinox for perfect captures, you don't need Limbo, Titania or Mesa for dargyn pilot.

When someone suggests using a warframe it's to make things much easier but it's not required, it's completely possible and not too hard to do it without these specific warframes

9 years in game... I know what's possible. And before now, I would settle for using titania to unlock this riven. Im not satisfied any more. It's a wonky mechanic that needs fixing.

13 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

What's wrong with using the right tool for the job?

You don't take an invis frame like Loki to unlock a complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies without the defense objective taking any damage riven challenge. You're going to take some cc or nuke frame because it's suited for the job. 

You're pretty much taking an adjustable wrench and trying to hammer in screws then complaining that it too hard and someone should make this task easier.

27 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

ragequitting because you need a different frame to open a riven, now that's another level

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

What's wrong with using the right tool for the job?

You don't take an invis frame like Loki to unlock a complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies without the defense objective taking any damage riven challenge. You're going to take some cc or nuke frame because it's suited for the job. 

You're pretty much taking an adjustable wrench and trying to hammer in screws then complaining that it too hard and someone should make this task easier.

Right tool for the job....??? That would be fine except with 50+ frames, there should be more than one that isnt a major pain.

39 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

"Before they Hit the Ground"

If the only way to force the Pilots to drop from the Dargyns is to blow up the craft and it requires them to be killed before hitting the floor, how much more explanation do you need?

Also, people have been using Zephyr lately to do it, blowing the Dargyn then crafting the Tornados right under it causes the tornados to catch the pilot, if you kill them wile they are being lifted or they die from the tornados, it counts to the challenge.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

"Before they Hit the Ground"

If the only way to force the Pilots to drop from the Dargyns is to blow up the craft and it requires them to be killed before hitting the floor, how much more explanation do you need?

Also, people have been using Zephyr lately to do it, blowing the Dargyn then crafting the Tornados right under it causes the tornados to catch the pilot, if you kill them wile they are being lifted or they die from the tornados, it counts to the challenge.

And catching them on the ground with titania and using her 1 to lift them also counts and isnt as wonky as doing it with zephyr. My point is... it says to kill them before they hit the ground. It doesnt say, "knock them off the dargyn and then kill them before they hit the ground" So point blank shot in the back with an exploding arrow fits the criteria stated in the riven. Had you read all I've said you would see that I said either change what the riven says or change the mechanic.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

point blank IN THE BACK.

Yes, I read your post in its entirety. I do realise that's unusual for the forums.

I'll be honest, I tried doing the "pop ship, kill in freefall" just because it sounded like a challenge, and was kinda fun. No, I didn't use a cheese frame, just LatronP and no bounty active.

Given how nuts some of the challenges are, I usually err on the side of "more absurd" if I'm unsure.

12 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Right tool for the job....??? That would be fine except with 50+ frames, there should be more than one that isnt a major pain.

I've used equinox to sleep them in the air. I either took a weak weapon to knock them out of their flyer and slept them on the way down or just slept them in air and shot them out of flyer with sniper.

I've used magus lockdown on them in air and quickly went to archwing and head shot them. 

You can use Vauban's 4 on them if you catch them at spawn points when they are on the ground. Pretty sure a low strength Rhino stomp would work the same way.

Hydroid, Khora, Hildryn, Zephyr and Nezha all lift enemies in some way. I have not tested any but it's worth trying. 

I bet any melee stance that lift enemies would work too. You would have to do it in SP though so you don't just 1 tap them before they are lifted. 

You could also just snipe them out of their flyer.

You have more than one option here.

49 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I would be rage quitting if I came into the game at this point.

That  challenge has been around a long time.  I'm guessing most people look up the solution or ask somebody before they ragequit.    And if not, well...there's about seven thousand other  things in this game that would have made them uninstall with the fury of a thousand suns.  😉

I do agree with you that the wording could be more clear.

Just wanting to help for anyone who struggles with this, the easiest way I know of doing it.

There are MANY ways to do this challenge OP.
- Raw aim and skill to shoot the dargyn then the pilot as he's falling.
- Find the grounded Dargyns, use Rhino stomp to midair the pilots, still counts
- Ash Shurikens
- Inaros Sandstorm
- Zephyr Tornado
- Mag Magnetize
- Hildryn Aegis Storm then use operator to kill them
- Khora Ensnare
- Vauban Bastille
- Nezha Divine Spear with no power strength
- Lenz AoE although it's somewhat unreliable
- Or what I used here which is Titania with Range and some Duration for her 1st ability. 

Don't complain there's no solutions, get creative instead. And let's face it, this is the least of DE's offences. Ragequit over this? What about the rest of the game? 

Ok dude, the forum folks are doing pretty well trying to calmly help you and I'll do the same. I've been successful using a hit-scan smg, rifle or sniper rifle for this. Another method is to use an archwing to get nice and close. Elytron's 3 works well as does Itzal's 4. Trying a wider spread shotgun works well due to how squishy the pilots are. 

If you have Nidus you can just larva them right off the dargyns. Shoot it near them, then press it again when its close and it'll pull them. Then just shoot the hovering larva ball. Can just larva the pilots on the ground too, before they get into them. Counts because they're technically not on the ground.

Also works with Grendel, you can jump and use feast to suck the pilots off the dargyns then just spit them into orbit and they'll die sky-high and give you credit.

Archived