Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain this to me

ThumpumGood

7 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Ok dude, the forum folks are doing pretty well trying to calmly help you

You see, the problem is that OP was tilted at repeatedly failing the challenge, and came to the forums looking for validation. When everyone pointed out his mistakes instead of agreeing with him, he became mega-tilted, started doubling down with unrelated (and equally wrong) examples, etc. How dare these people tell him that a Bramma isn't the solution to all problems! "Helping" him in conventional ways is never going to work. The more you explain in detail how he is simply mistaken, and the more you point out how to do things correctly, the more offended he will feel, because in his mind that's the equivalent of being called an idiot.

......which, to be fair, he probably is.

44 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Just wanting to help for anyone who struggles with this, the easiest way I know of doing it.

There are MANY ways to do this challenge OP.
- Raw aim and skill to shoot the dargyn then the pilot as he's falling.
- Find the grounded Dargyns, use Rhino stomp to midair the pilots, still counts
- Ash Shurikens
- Inaros Sandstorm
- Zephyr Tornado
- Mag Magnetize
- Hildryn Aegis Storm then use operator to kill them
- Khora Ensnare
- Vauban Bastille
- Nezha Divine Spear with no power strength
- Lenz AoE although it's somewhat unreliable
- Or what I used here which is Titania with Range and some Duration for her 1st ability. 

Don't complain there's no solutions, get creative instead. And let's face it, this is the least of DE's offences. Ragequit over this? What about the rest of the game? 

Don’t forget to add nidus larva which is subsumable also but I guess shuriken is too . I really don’t see OP’s complaint .

41 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

If you have Nidus you can just larva them right off the dargyns. Shoot it near them, then press it again when its close and it'll pull them. Then just shoot the hovering larva ball. Can just larva the pilots on the ground too, before they get into them. Counts because they're technically not on the ground.

Also works with Grendel, you can jump and use feast to suck the pilots off the dargyns then just spit them into orbit and they'll die sky-high and give you credit.

Yeah this is my favourite, chill and easy method. Nidus Big Picnic Day Out. Complete some Riven challenges, slap on some sunscreen, fish, etc 

It always seems a bit buggy Wether the dargyn or the pilot die but I have had this challenge numerous times and I found the easiest Is with mag's magnestise. 

With a bubble on the dargyn and a decent weapon like Rubico or something, even if the dargyn blows and the pilot survives he can't fall and will be killed anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nah, you missed and hit the gut. But its the thought that counts.

Haha nice 😄 I sat there staring at it for a few seconds just so people would realise what I did in the video lol. I do find it amusing that the dargyn didn't fall to the ground until pilot died.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Just wanting to help for anyone who struggles with this, the easiest way I know of doing it.

There are MANY ways to do this challenge OP.
- Raw aim and skill to shoot the dargyn then the pilot as he's falling.
- Find the grounded Dargyns, use Rhino stomp to midair the pilots, still counts
- Ash Shurikens
- Inaros Sandstorm
- Zephyr Tornado
- Mag Magnetize
- Hildryn Aegis Storm then use operator to kill them
- Khora Ensnare
- Vauban Bastille
- Nezha Divine Spear with no power strength
- Lenz AoE although it's somewhat unreliable
- Or what I used here which is Titania with Range and some Duration for her 1st ability. 

Don't complain there's no solutions, get creative instead. And let's face it, this is the least of DE's offences. Ragequit over this? What about the rest of the game? 

Really makes you think why there even is a pilot in the first place if the dargyn can just fly on its own anyway.

19 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You shot that poor guy in the junk. I don't think that counts as a headshot. 

I swear I didn't mean it. I mean I'm sadistic but I have my limits.. I reckon it would still count as a weak point for a critical hit though.

25 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Really makes you think why there even is a pilot in the first place if the dargyn can just fly on its own anyway.

Wanna something even sillier with Dargyns? Pretty sure this still works. So this is a Dargyn that I've killed the pilot of, ACTIVELY TRACKING AND SHOOTING my archwing then stopping and starting as I go in and out of Itzal's Penumbra.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Wanna something even sillier with Dargyns? Pretty sure this still works. So this is a Dargyn that I've killed the pilot of, ACTIVELY TRACKING AND SHOOTING my archwing then stopping and starting as I go in and out of Itzal's Penumbra.

Clearly a very powerful and angry machine spirit.

8 hours ago, ebrl said:

You see, the problem is that OP was tilted at repeatedly failing the challenge, and came to the forums looking for validation. When everyone pointed out his mistakes instead of agreeing with him, he became mega-tilted, started doubling down with unrelated (and equally wrong) examples, etc. How dare these people tell him that a Bramma isn't the solution to all problems! "Helping" him in conventional ways is never going to work. The more you explain in detail how he is simply mistaken, and the more you point out how to do things correctly, the more offended he will feel, because in his mind that's the equivalent of being called an idiot.

......which, to be fair, he probably is.

Lols ain't that the truth

People need to remember that this isn't Twitter

Actually, twitter itself needs to not exist, because it breeds that validation/entitlement/snowflake mentality

10 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Yeah..... No.  Just like it pretty much requires Ivara to get a perfect tame. Sick of "Have to" frames for things. I'll probably do that, but seriously... they need to change it. I have all of the frames but not everyone does. I would be rage quitting if I came into the game at this point.

I did it with atlas so this is just a skill thing

Yeah..... No.  Just like it pretty much requires Ivara to get a perfect tame

I'm pretty sure I can get a perfect capture with ANY frame.

The trick is, in good part, picking a good animal to capture. Of course Bolarolas are difficult to catch. But most animals are a piece of cake.

Anyway

If DE was feeling bored, they could just have an intern take 5mins to alter the challenge text to say

"while in freefall" instead of "before they hit the ground"

because that is a more accurate description. It implies that just shooting them while they're On the dargyn wouldn't qualify since riding a vehicles isn't freefall.

It also better fits the various Tornado/Bastille/Stomp methods

I can one shot the troop transports but point blank shots in the back on a dargyn pilots doesnt kill them. More than 30 downed and only one counted. Wha.....??????

Bramma.jpg

OK, so you come up behind the flying dargyn, and shoot the pilot from the back.

well, the Riven says 'before they hit the ground'

Consider though: Dargyns Never Land. their AI doesn't have a contingency for it and they will just fly forever. Meaning so long as the pilot is Attached to the Dargyn, he was never going to hit the ground in the first place.

Therefore, shooting a pilot in the back of a Dargyn isn't 'before they hit the ground' -they weren't going to hit the ground anyway.

Only a pilot Detached from a Dargyn has the possibility of hitting the ground.

You need to find pilots that are alive and on the ground but not yet boarded their parked Dargyns, lift them into the air via explosions, abilities, etc. then kill them before they come back down.

Then the riven needs to express that or it needs to be changed

Pay attention to the theme. This is what I said early on. THE RIVEN NEEDS TO EXPRESS THAT YOU MUST DISMOUNT THE PILOT OR THE MECHANIC NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Can you hear me now?

And really PO'ed at myself for getting side tracked from that point.

5 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Pay attention to the theme. This is what I said early on. THE RIVEN NEEDS TO EXPRESS THAT YOU MUST DISMOUNT THE PILOT OR THE MECHANIC NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Can you hear me now?

And really PO'ed at myself for getting side tracked from that point.

I'm sure everyone is aware, there's no way of dismounting the pilot unless you shoot down the ship it's that simple and anyone that attempts to do this challenge figures it out when they try doing it.

Seriously the only questions I've ever seen regarding this challenge is people asking "wtf is a Dargyn"

11 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Yeah..... No.  Just like it pretty much requires Ivara to get a perfect tame. Sick of "Have to" frames for things. I'll probably do that, but seriously... they need to change it. I have all of the frames but not everyone does. I would be rage quitting if I came into the game at this point.

Ah yes, the pretend think of the new players... lets ignore the fact rivens are MR locked, and require an insane grind that results in most of the people playing the game choosing to ignore them.

Also, the game already forces you into specific gear usage for a variety of content.

Archived