Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

• Sevagoth is too forma-hungry
  • Claws cannot use blood rush – automatically falls short compared to any other melee in the game
  • Claw damage doesn't scale based on power strength(?)
  • Shadow playstyle in general is rather boring – CC and spam melee
  • Life steal aura and enemy debuffs are cool!

I feel like he was overbalanced way too hard around his passive. Sevagoth's Reap, Sow and Gloom are decent, but especially Sow could use some scaling in its damage.

Bug: on PlayStation sevagoth’s shadow 4th Reunite is broken, when I go back into my warframe, I can’t fire my weapon, or use abilities, and when I use an ability it kicks me into operator mode. Not really sure how to return into sevagoth without ending up in a bugged state. Right now he’s borderline unplayable. 

First impressions: Design-wise honestly excellent, I love him honestly and he’s a perfect amalgamation of themes. 

Not really impressed with his kit, it’s massively geared towards needing small enemies to do anything, this makes him incredibly weak in some situations where other frames in his class would still excel. Valkyr for instance still has things she can apply like invulnerability and her buffs, regardless of what’s around her. He has a forward damage ability, a debuff, another radial debuff, and a form that requires resource to use. So what happens when you encounter anything other than a grineer footsoldier? He basically has less utility than old ember. I really took off the rose tinted glasses and looked at sevagoth objectively, he’s a one trick pony that requires a thickness of regular enemies to survive and to actually perform anything.

it feels overall really slow, sticky, and rooted. and in its bigger state, it’s not optimal for someone actually playing the game, like power level wise- it’s fine, but it’s impractical to use that power in public games, it’s impractical to heal from draining enemies when they are just going to be dead anyway, it’s impractical to steal souls from enemies to come back to life when they are dead anyway,  it’s another Harrow situation, but this time a more selfish version of Harrow, where instead of taking extra steps to do what trinity can do with one button- sevagoth has to pull something out of a hat to even begin to survive or do anything, and it’s all RNG as to if and when enemies are of an appropriate level or density to house sevagoth in any way. There’s just better frames for basically everything. Even in his own corner, he has like so much extra to do when baruuk fills his archetype exactly and has all the safety to be flying around in melee range while debuffing and building a resource, sevagoth is not a tank, I don’t think he will be used in the way expected. I think people will likely use his 4 as another escape button. He has such low numbers and he doesn’t have the coverage- I can see Larva being transmuted onto him to vastly improve his kit, I was hoping for around 2000-3000 health for a frame so wide open. Debuffing only works on non boss entities so he’s situational before you even consider him for use. Not a great deal of power to bring considering his slow speed also. Death is not a viable way to win and a warframe shouldn’t be balanced around that. It’s situational and is only required on nidus because he has no shield gate and requires a defence against one shots. Sevagoth will need numerous changes possibly including some targeting on his 1, overall speed, the bullet jump is absolutely too slow but thankfully functions as opposed to protea’s cartwheel which is still broken. Cannot understand why he needed a custom roll, it’s a bullet jump but worse? Very sticky on the landing. 

BUG REPORT: PC

I am really liking sevagoth. However, there are some bugs that would cause me to not be able to do anything but move around with semi broken animations:

Upon using the "Reunite" ability (Shadow's 4), just about every time I return to Sevagoth's main form I always have a zoomed in camera. Going in and out of operator fixes this issue.

HOWEVER: Sometimes when I use reunite, upon entering Sevagoth's main form he sticks to looking at one direction while being able to ONLY use WASD and other movement options. I am unable to use any ability, weapon, gear item, emote, operator, nor even able to use the Esc key to exit the game, essentially soft locking me with broken animations. I can do nothing but move around and that's it. Exiting the mission by completion or outright force closing warframe fixes this issue.

I would really love this bad bug to be fixed ASAP. Thank you! Love his design!

Ok, so I have installed a number of forms onto sevagoth, I believe 6 into his main form and 5 into his shadow, with 4 or 5 in his claws. I’ve tried a number of builds, most of which having strength between 155-260. Maintaining between 135-170 efficiency 

At low levels, he plays exactly the way you want and expect him to feel. However, his ability to scale is abysmal. If he were simply meant to be played in low levels only he should be the best option for low level content. He is not. 

Reap, feels great at low levels. In order to get the best of the ability one has to use sow. That is perfectly fine and slows down what would be an inactive spam. However, as enemies begin to scale upwards spamming his one becomes completely necessary as it does not possess the destructive power to reasonably kill level 100 non steel path enemies. This is a major flaw. Yes, it should absolutely still one shot. If for no other reason than his kit lacks any hard cc and he does not durability to stand in the open taking fire. In fact, his one seems to be designed to be his nuking ability, so to have to spam 7 to 10 time to kill a sortie level enemy makes for horrible energy efficiency, it also makes the ability feel completely useless outside of low level play. Why in the name of Bob would I sit there an open duck trying to use this ability when I’d accomplish more with the bramma, or the proboscis cernos, or the nukor, or a melee weapon. Given Sevagoth’s energy demands it would always be superior to use a weapon aoe or otherwise  even with ammo than to use Reap. Also as reap is the only direct damage ability in his kit, the ability should really focus on doing damage. While dragging reap across the screen can be fun it shouldn’t be necessary. It should seek out enemies and be able to directed to  specific enemy. An added touch of Cc in the form of enemies in reap’s radius panicking should greatly help go survival. So that some enemies aren’t actively shooting you. 

Getting into Sow, this ability also feels really weak once we get past level 50. True damage I get it. However, of what use is true damage when it doesn’t even scratch 10% of their health? The true dmg is not enough to maintain a meaningful heal with gloom, nor is strong enough to actually help fill the death well. In fact, at higher levels there really is no point at all in sow. What are going to do tickle the enemies to death and have to spam to try it? Also if this is the aoe debuff it would make a lot more sense to tie damage vulnerability to the attack that isn’t meant to kill the targets it hits instead of reap. If reap works properly there should be very few enemies left to debuff. However is sow offered the debuff for damage vulnerability, the ability could serve some use at higher levels and also allow a more meaningful debuff. It really feels like this ability should scale off of enemy health, much like energy vampire. Ok so level with me, warframe is fast paced game, so most enemies that make it into range of sow would be dead with the vast majority of frames within  the next 10 seconds. Since sow doesn’t actually help fill the death well in gameplay that requires warframe abilities ( read as high level content but this is true for mid level as well) I think the true damage proc should remove between 10-20% of an enemies current hp. This way ability won’t nuke a room because it will constantly be doing less damage but will be priming everyone in the area for use of reap, while providing a decent heal under gloom. This change would preserve reap as Sevagoth’s nuke ability whilst allowing sow to viable throughout all gameplay and in a way helps counter act Sevagoth’s lack of protection. 

As for Gloom, this is easily my favorite ability. It unfortunate however that this ability is wholly necessary for any chance at survival. I don’t think the heal percentage is too low so much as it feels that Sevagoth’s kit doesn’t actually have the firepower to make good use of gloom.  If he had strong enough crowd control that he could CC the room and then heal back up with gloom active even that would be viable but this is not the case. It makes it feel like this is a halfway completed ability in a kit that doesn’t support it. I say halfway completed because this is ability is the sole source of survivability for the frame and does not provide enough to guarantee this “undying” frame doesn’t die. To begin, the slow is way too low. WAAAAY too lowly base.  Listen at max power strength for that slow to actually be the only source of survivability it needs to go up to 97.5% at like 230 power strength.  It’s a radius ability which means those outside the radius will still move at full speed whilst dramatically reducing the damage from the closest and most dangerous/accurate enemies. “But you can stack slow” yeah no. How? Are you going to waste time trying to spraying a room with cold to get decent crowd control instead of just killing the enemies that you could have sprayed with a better weapon? If you build for gloom to be its best it’s slow should be as good as Rhino’s especially given its reduced range and the high energy cost. I understand that at max power strength it provide a 95% slow with maxed power strength but considering the need for duration, efficiency, and range one will never be able to see these values. As this ability needs to be active at all times I really don’t understand the grow to full size function. So I’m supposed to be naked and afraid and jump head first into a group of enemies so I can get them to not kill me. I would have it start at full range. 

Finally, the brings us to Sevagoth’s shadow. The very first thought is that there isn’t any reason why you should have to completely fill the meter before you can use his ability. Running  around with three abilities hoping you stay alive long enough to see your fourth is a horrible feeling. Furthermore, in the case in which you switch back and forth between your forms particularly to take advantage of the shadow’s third ability, your energy should not be constantly reset back to 60. Excuse me, so the ability is impossible to maintain permanently, which is a bizarre choice because it’s no remarkably powerful, but it doesn’t even allow you to switch between forms without spamming energy pads. Either Sevagoth and his shadow need to share an energy bar ( so that you can maintain gloom and stay in the shadow for as long as you’d like) or his shadow needs to have an energy pool that doesn’t reset when not in use and if we can’t maintain his shadow form it must be much easier to get. If you are meant to use his shadow as a survival tool, it would be difficult to do consistently if you must keep the well at max and then supply yourself with energy after hitting the panic button and still being surrounded by enemies.

The shadow’s first ability, Embrace,  is my second favorite in Sevagoth’s kit. It generally work really well and my one suggestion is the pull angle should be larger given it is the only form of cc the shadow has. It should probably scale with power range with like a base angle of 120 that can go up to 240. 

Consume is my third favorite ability in the kit. Not because it’s a reliable heal or anything of the sort but because it is the best movement ability Sevagoth has. Otherwise he doesn’t feel very much like wraithe at all. He’s slow and ground locked.  I would add invulnerability to the dash, in addition to heal. Make it easier to navigate.

Death’s Harvest needs to do just a bit more, mostly because you have 3 abilities instead of 4. In addition to the damage vulnerability a healthy speed buff on the Tenno would make the whole kit feel more complete. It would also solve the problem that Sevagoth feel really slow for an ethereal frame. One should be able to cast Sevagoth’s Shadow, cast Death’s Harvest, Cast Reunite and be able to wipe out all the enemies before the duration for Death’s Harvest is up and then should be able to rinse and repeat. 

As far as Sevagoth’s shadows claws go I’d hate to beat a dead horse so I’ll try to make this succinct. The range is far too low. Base range on an exalted weapon should be 5m. Period. The damage needs to scale better or doing something amazingly helpful as it is the only way to meaningfully kill with the shadow. While blood rush and weeping wounds are option ( they should be anyway) I’d prefer an effect for his claws like a tethered terrify. When you claw an enemy they tether out to other enemies pulling them closer for a chance to inflict panic. The claws would get a status chance and critical chance boost based on how many panic enemies it kills, with a cap. That way the mods that the player base desperately want on the weapon comes baked in, and provides a unique effect. It would also allow far greater build diversity for the claws.

Lastly, the passive. Allow to passive to work exactly the same way the ability itself works. You’re on both on a countdown and can be manually killed. Don’t make it more difficult to save yourself. Don’t trap me with one mobility skill to run away from death until my timer runs out. 

The idea of Sevagoth is fresh and welcomed and I think with some Qol changes and some tweaks to abilities he can be a really good frame. Right now though, there really is nothing worth doing with him and it’s a shame because he’s such a beautiful frame with an interesting kit. 

Drop seems very high, did the quest then void storms and the first three got systems, neurorptics, then system again. Did two more void storms and did not do bonus ice mines then on sixth one did ice mine and got chassis. 

Sevagoth is baking in the foundry right now.

On 2021-04-13 at 9:28 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hello Tenno!

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the brand new Warframe, Sevagoth! With Update 30, we are continuing with our new Trello Board approach from last month to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board: [U30 Trello Link!]

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Channel, found here: [Discord Link!]

NEW WARFRAME: SEVAGOTH
The storm-swept, Void-wandering Warframe has returned to harvest living souls. Send forth his Shadow to reap the life of the unwary.

PASSIVE
On death, become Sevagoth's Shadow and fight to resurrect him by collecting the souls needed to rebuild his tombstone.

REAP
Sevagoth's Shadow flies outward ravaging enemies in his path. Survivors are damaged by Death’s Harvest over time. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

SOW
Plant a death seed in nearby targets to drain their lifeforce. Reap what has been sown to detonate afflicted enemies, dealing a percentage of their health as radial damage. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

GLOOM
Summon a radial pulse wave that ensnares and slows enemies, siphoning their lifeforce for the Death Well. Allies within the wave steal health with each attack.

EXALTED SHADOW
When the Death Well fills, Sevagoth's Shadow form is ready to be released. Tear the enemy asunder with a collection of melee-focused abilities.

EMBRACE
Ghostly hands pull enemies into a flailing mass.

CONSUME
Dash through enemies and rip out their souls to heal Shadow.

DEATH’S HARVEST
Inflict nearby enemies with a harrowing condition.

REUNITE
Sevagoth and his Shadow become one.

EPITAPH
Sevagoth's wrist-mounted sidearm fires a chilling slow-moving slab, guaranteed to slow enemies for easier marksmanship. Charge the shot to fire a punishing high-velocity, high critical chance slab that punches through barriers. Deals additional headshot damage in Sevagoth's hands.

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• Sevagoth: general gameplay, passive and abilities
  • Exalted Shadow: general gameplay and abilities
  • Epitaph: stats, function, etc.

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting.

If you like something, let us know! If you do not like an element of Sevagoth’s design, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better! If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

For some Tenno, this may be your first time experiencing the changes to Railjack that released on PC last month! If you do not have a bug, and simply want to share feedback on some aspect of the new Railjack, please use our dedicated feedback megathreads:

First of all, I love this warframe! I've used him in steel path missions without breaking much of a sweat like I do with most warframes and he just feels absolutely amazing to play! I have a few issues with him but they are really nothing major. 

Negatives

• Sow

Every other ability that Sevagoth has makes you feel like you're using an ability with amazing visuals and damage yet this ability here doesn't feel like it does much of anything on its own. Using Reap is exciting, you spawn in a flipping monster that puts tendrils in enemies! Using Gloom is somewhat exciting, It adds a beautiful slow, lovely life steal, and creates a spooky looking aura around him. Using Exalted Shadow is JAW DROPPING! You become a monster!!!

Using Sow? there's nothing. It buffs Reap as if Sow was never meant to be an ability, only Reap's 2nd half. It's like all of his other abilities are "stars of the show" sort to speak, while Sow is just there to make Reap look good, having no identity of its own. I think it would be a great move to make Sow's buff to reap, the held version of Reap, and give Sevagoth a new 2nd ability that has a very distinct identity like his other 3 abilities. For the sake of fun

• Energy Pool

He's a very energy hungry warframe. I think 250 energy may be more of what he needs to really keep him using his abilities and to not make the mod Flow feel so mandatory. 

• Transitioning in and out of his Shadow Bug

2 things, Field of View & Ability Menu. When you transition back and fourth, the field of view seems to sometimes get too close or too far randomly, and you cant fix it until you use your operator and then go back into your warframe. You also may get your ability menu to be randomly stuck to where pressing things like X and O on the PS4 controller has you casting abilities instead of moving and melee attacking. It can be fixed to when you hold the ability menu button for a second but it can still be a little frustrating.

Positives

• Passive

The passive feels amazing!!

I'm not quite sure how the damage of the shadow scales yet so I cant really judge if it's too op or not, but it's nice. Unlike Inaros, this passive actually works in high level content that I'm used to playing which is just the most satisfying thing

• Reap

It's a gorgeous ability!

I love the duration on it allowing you to move the shadow around and hit more enemies, the damage feels nice, the range at which it hits enemies feels good, the damage buff! Good! It's Great!

• Gloom

Brilliant!

I've notice some people complain about it being an energy drain ability, I don't share in that. It's a defensive ability that I enjoy having up 24/7. Having to constantly recast it would just be tedious and annoying so I'd rather it stay the way it is

• Exalted Shadow

Everything, about, this, ability, including it's other abilities in the form, is perfect. I'm very pleased with it all!

Overall Impression

I LOVE SEVAGOTH! 9.5/10

Honestly, it feels like a lot of the people saying he's squishy or has energy problems aren't building him right (you need fleeting expertise for efficiency because you need to spam his abilities constantly). I went through ESO and got enemies up to level 80 and my health bar wasn't moving with how much life I was stealing and I only have an aura forma so far in his build. There are plenty of videos by YouTubers showing his damage is good even if he takes a ton of forma, which is my only concern. Even when I did go down just to test the passive, I was up right away. He literally feels unkillable and I love it.

I would like to see Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds be enabled for his claws and other exalted melee but honestly it doesn't make the ability worthless because if you have enough power strength, he slaps.

Definitely got what I wanted with this frame and I'm looking forward to formaing him more so that I can main him. Thank you DE for making such a wonderful frame! I do wish you would have given us a free aura forma in each of his aura slots and few more polarities to reduce how forma hungry him, his shadow, and claws are.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

First of all, I love this warframe! He feels absolutely amazing to play! I have a few issues with him but they are really nothing major. 

Negatives

• Sow

Every other ability that Sevagoth has makes you feel like you're using an ability with amazing visuals and damage yet this ability here doesn't feel like it does much of anything on its own. Using Reap is exciting, you spawn in a flipping monster that puts tendrils in enemies! Using Gloom is somewhat exciting, It adds a beautiful slow, lovely life steal, and creates a spooky looking aura around him. Using Exalted Shadow is JAW DROPPING! You become a monster!!!

Using Sow? there's nothing. It buffs Reap as if Sow was never meant to be an ability, only Reap's 2nd half. I think it would be a great move to make Sow's buff to reap, the held version of Reap, and give Sevagoth a new 2nd ability that is as impressive as his other 3 abilities. For the sake of fun

• Energy Pool

He's a very energy hungry warframe. I think 250 energy may be more of what he needs to really keep him using his abilities and to not make the mod Flow feel so mandatory.

• Transitioning in and out His Shadow Bug

2 things, Field of View & Ability Menu. When you transition back and fourth, the field of view seems to sometimes get too close or too far randomly, and you cant fix it until you use your operator and then go back into your warframe. You also may get your ability menu to be randomly stuck to where pressing things like X and O on the PS4 controller has you casting abilities instead of moving and melee attacking. It can be fixed to when you hold the ability menu button for a second but it can still be a little frustrating.

Positives

• Passive

The passive feels amazing!!

I'm not quite sure how the damage of the shadow scales yet so I cant really judge if it's too op or not, but it's nice. Unlike Inaros, this passive actually works in high level content that I'm used to playing which is just the most satisfying thing

• Reap

It's a gorgeous ability!

I love the duration on it allowing you to move the shadow around and hit more enemies, the damage feels nice, the range at which it hits enemies feels good, the damage buff! Good! It's Great!

• Gloom

Brilliant!

I've notice some people complain about it being an energy drain ability, I don't share in that. It's a defensive ability that I enjoy having up 24/7. Having to constantly recast it would just be tedious and annoying so I'd rather it stay the way it is

• Exalted Shadow

Everything, about, this, ability, including it's other abilities in the form, is perfect. I'm very pleased with it all!

Overall Impression

I LOVE SEVAGOTH! 9.5/10

This really matches how I feel about Sevagoth in its entirety. Frame is a 9.5/10 for me and this comment is a 10/10

31 minutes ago, ThatsSoWitty said:

Honestly, it feels like a lot of the people saying he's squishy or has energy problems aren't building him right (you need fleeting expertise for efficiency because you need to spam his abilities constantly). I went through ESO and got enemies up to level 80 and my health bar wasn't moving with how much life I was stealing and I only have an aura forma so far in his build. There are plenty of videos by YouTubers showing his damage is good even if he takes a ton of forma, which is my only concern. Even when I did go down just to test the passive, I was up right away. He literally feels unkillable and I love it.

I would like to see Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds be enabled for his claws and other exalted melee but honestly it doesn't make the ability worthless because if you have enough power strength, he slaps.

Definitely got what I wanted with this frame and I'm looking forward to formaing him more so that I can main him. Thank you DE for making such a wonderful frame! I do wish you would have given us a free aura forma in each of his aura slots and few more polarities to reduce how forma hungry him, his shadow, and claws are.

Problem is, if you need Fleeting in every build, build diversity goes out the window as Sevagoth REALLY wants a bit of every stat as it stands right now, but really needs more of everything in general, especially efficiency. Most frames have fairly decent build diversity and Can function across multiple levels of efficiency. Also lvl 80 enemies in ESO is not really a benchmark worth mentioning when most people here are talking about Steel path or lvl 150+ generally. Any frame will really deal with lvl 100s fairly easily.

His damage was never a complain from anyone; it’s the fact that he feels too reliant on gloom to stay alive when enemies start to scale into the higher 100+ of levels.

21 minutes ago, IAmBananaCat said:

Problem is, if you need Fleeting in every build, build diversity goes out the window. Most frames have fairly decent build diversity and Can function across multiple levels of efficiency. Also lvl 80 enemies in ESO is not really a benchmark worth mentioning when most people here are talking about Steel path or lvl 150+ generally. Any frame will really deal with lvl 100s fairly easily.

His damage was never a complain from anyone; it’s the fact that he feels too reliant on gloom to stay alive when enemies start to scale into the higher 100+ of levels.

I should clarify by "videos of his damage" I meant there is a video of Brozime surviving with Sevagoth just fine. Steel Path is a horrendous benchmark because it isn't probable or applicable for most of Warframe's player base or gameplay but if you find the need to use it to evaluate your builds, there is enough content to show that he is viable above and beyond anything on the starchart. Level 80 enemies also exceed what is available on most of the starchart and is where arbitrations start off - I would feel comfortable bringing him into arbitrations with just an aura forma and I fully expect him to function great on Steel Path (which suffers from so many issues stemming from rewards and respect of time and difficulty in relationship to the rewards, it isn't something I find any value in since the nerf with Deimos Arcana). 

Gloom is his form of survivability and if you think he is too reliant on it, there are plenty of options from Helminth at our disposal that you can replace Sow or his other abilities to your liking with. You could run something like Dispensary if you don't want to run Fleeting Expertise or Well of Life to give him more healing or even Warcry for more armor and attack speed. Having one mod out of eight being suggested hardly hurts build diversity when there are plenty of frames that require you to run every mod that raises a stat to maximize it (think Nova and duration, Xaku and range, etc.).

I honestly do feel like the issue for most people is how they are building him and they confuse what they think of as lackluster abilities or over reliance on Gloom for actually needing to adjust their builds and playstyles. I wouldn't be opposed to them buffing his survivability across the board but he's nowhere near bad, useless, or in need of any real ability changes at this time.

7 hours ago, Rovaeden said:

Sevagoth Rework

I find Sevagoth extremely clunky to play.

It occurred to me that his abilities would be an awful lot more interesting if he used his Health Pool in place of Energy.

This would give him a unique and interesting risk / reward gameplay style in which he burned his health to use his powers which in turn drained life from his enemies to keep him in the fight.

That would make him kinda bad tho. Like that's exactly why Garuda isn't meta cus shes too risky. To do that they would need to give him like 60 more base health tbh, which isnt an issue its just something i thought i'd bring up. (IMO hes pretty fun to play tho...)

1 hour ago, ThatsSoWitty said:

I should clarify by "videos of his damage" I meant there is a video of Brozime surviving with Sevagoth just fine. Steel Path is a horrendous benchmark because it isn't probable or applicable for most of Warframe's player base or gameplay but if you find the need to use it to evaluate your builds, there is enough content to show that he is viable above and beyond anything on the starchart. Level 80 enemies also exceed what is available on most of the starchart and is where arbitrations start off - I would feel comfortable bringing him into arbitrations with just an aura forma and I fully expect him to function great on Steel Path (which suffers from so many issues stemming from rewards and respect of time and difficulty in relationship to the rewards, it isn't something I find any value in since the nerf with Deimos Arcana). 

Gloom is his form of survivability and if you think he is too reliant on it, there are plenty of options from Helminth at our disposal that you can replace Sow or his other abilities to your liking with. You could run something like Dispensary if you don't want to run Fleeting Expertise or Well of Life to give him more healing or even Warcry for more armor and attack speed. Having one mod out of eight being suggested hardly hurts build diversity when there are plenty of frames that require you to run every mod that raises a stat to maximize it (think Nova and duration, Xaku and range, etc.).

I honestly do feel like the issue for most people is how they are building him and they confuse what they think of as lackluster abilities or over reliance on Gloom for actually needing to adjust their builds and playstyles. I wouldn't be opposed to them buffing his survivability across the board but he's nowhere near bad, useless, or in need of any real ability changes at this time.

There is a video of broZime playing at the 15 minute mark. Which isn’t an  indication of its scaling value. Furthermore, in said video Brozime was doing basically no damage in base form and thus most of the footage is him melee attacking lvl 150 steel path enemies. You’d basically be mag using pull with a subpar melee weapon. that means base Sevagoth needs a buff. It makes you feel like there is no point in being Sevagoth at all and you’d always be better off being a shadow. (And why be that shadow when you can pull enemies and strip armor, and group them and then hit them with a stronger melee)But, because Sevagoth’s melee doesn’t scale at all you will eventually simply hit a hard wall in which you can’t go any further as a shadow. At which point, one would want to switch to a traditional melee weapon that scales further, perhaps peppering enemies with a primary or secondary. But, at this point, there is no point in Sevagoth’s second or fourth abilities at all. But as Sevagoth you’d be particularly susceptible to being two shot at this point as you are running a build that requires power strength for a decent slow and efficiency and duration and range to maintain some protection. His first at that point exists, solely to amplify damage to his weapons.  And honestly his 3 exists solely to slow, the heal is cool but he doesn’t have the damage mitigation to afford getting hit twice. 

all of this seems particularly important because he’s meant to be immortal and one would reasonably presume really good at survivals and endurance based missions. The idea of frame being immortal at low levels is laughable in pointlessness. So Sevagoth should scale or not be Immortal 

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

There is a video of broZime playing at the 15 minute mark. Which isn’t an  indication of its scaling value. Furthermore, in said video Brozime was doing basically no damage in base form and thus most of the footage is him melee attacking lvl 150 steel path enemies. You’d basically be mag using pull with a subpar melee weapon. that means base Sevagoth needs a buff. It makes you feel like there is no point in being Sevagoth at all and you’d always be better off being a shadow. (And why be that shadow when you can pull enemies and strip armor, and group them and then hit them with a stronger melee)But, because Sevagoth’s melee doesn’t scale at all you will eventually simply hit a hard wall in which you can’t go any further as a shadow. At which point, one would want to switch to a traditional melee weapon that scales further, perhaps peppering enemies with a primary or secondary. But, at this point, there is no point in Sevagoth’s second or fourth abilities at all. But as Sevagoth you’d be particularly susceptible to being two shot at this point as you are running a build that requires power strength for a decent slow and efficiency and duration and range to maintain some protection. His first at that point exists, solely to amplify damage to his weapons.  And honestly his 3 exists solely to slow, the heal is cool but he doesn’t have the damage mitigation to afford getting hit twice. 

all of this seems particularly important because he’s meant to be immortal and one would reasonably presume really good at survivals and endurance based missions. The idea of frame being immortal at low levels is laughable in pointlessness. So Sevagoth should scale or not be Immortal 

Just saying but it is possible to get around 220% power strength with 175 efficiency and primed flow. Results in over 70% slow. Also the build has around 40m gloom aura. 

It comes at the cost of all survivability mods though so reliance on the gloom aura is min maxed as high as i can get it to go.

Been anticipating Sevagoth for a while as I have played other games with similar concepts of having a main body and a controllable "summon" Overall really fun and great but have two suggestions. One is lowering the range on Consume or make it similar to Lavos's Vial rush and make it cancelable. The second is the option to return to Sevagoth's body while in Shadow. For example I'm doing a defense mission use Shadow to go take care of a group of enemies and then I have to exit back into Sevagoth and run back. Having the four maybe having the option to like, press and hold to return to where the main body is would be a nice chance in my opinion.

Thats just my take so far, haven't tried him out on high-level yet, just wanted to get these suggestions out.

I have encountered 2 bugs so far on PS4.

Sevagoth's kit has a weird issue when you use his 4. If you are holding R1 during the entire animation, Shadow spawns and R1's button press becomes functionally held until R1 is repressed however the HUD displays like R1 isn't pressed. This results in melee forcing 3, jumping forcing 1, dodge/slide forcing operator, etc. This becomes more of an issue with increased casting speed.

Second; equipped ephemera on Shadow. At least in the arsenal, the color only changes when you use the "Copy Main Colors" function. After which, ephemera colors become permanently locked to Sevagoth/Shadow's default energy colors.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

However, it also come at the cost of the majority of his kit not serving a function which doesn’t feel great

Incorrect...

With the build I am describing there is enough duration, range, str etc. for all of his abilities to be very very effective.

Stats of the build:

105% dur
175% eff
235% rng
220% str (requires ingame setup to achieve 220%)

I subsumed Reap because it is the least useful ability IMO.

His 2 is large enough that it can fill the entire meter in one or two casts, which is very cheap due to high efficiency and 105% duration

Sevagoth is not a frame that needs much/any survivability once you get him rolling. I use augur mod set on my sentinel to help maintain shield gate and arcane eruption to force knockdown (70% slow applied to knockdown makes the enemies out of commission for nearly twice as long since the animation for KD is slowed). Using Dethcube for additional energy drops to supplement this additional CC.

The Shadow form does most of the work in my setup. Mostly using the pull and DR debuff to kill enemies that are extra beefy.

The only real weakness is large maps and/or open world zones with this setup but it wasn't designed with those in mind. Nullifiers are also a pain but with everything around them slowed 70% you have time to single them out easier than equinox can (the other frame with a major CC build like this).

I'm not saying this is the best setup for him (we've only been playing with him for a day) but it trivializes a lot of the game and gives excellent team synergy insofar as allies have tons of life steal while you wreck things in shadow form.

Power Spike (the Naramon Operator skill that makes the combo counter drop 20/15/10/5 at a time instead of all the way) isn't applying while using Sevagoth's Shadow

EDIT: Sevagoth's Shadow also doesn't get an Ability Strength increase in Arbitrations

Power Spike (the Naramon Operator skill that makes the combo counter drop 20/15/10/5 at a time instead of all the way) isn't applying while using Sevagoth's Shadow. Which sucks. 

EDIT: Sevagoth's Shadow also doesn't get an Ability Strength increase in Arbitrations

9 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

I'm just curious what content you've tested him in to make this conclusion. Historically speaking, abilities that slow enemies have been considered utterly annoying and hated by the game's community on certain missions, like endless defense. So, I'm loathe to use it at any significantly effective range to begin with.

His base health, armor, and shield on his core frame, if I'm being generous, are middle of the road, so yeah, he definitely doesn't have just the base raw stats. His shadow has high armor at least. However, he has no other forms of mitigation. Even though slow reduces damage frequency, it does nothing to reduce the hits you do take, which will still be plenty. While I understand that you're meant to interact with your ghost, you can't spend the entire mission in that form either. Eventually, you have to return to his core form, and use abilities that do just a few hundred damage against level 150 heavy gunners to try to recover your meter. So, I'm just not getting the feeling that he's on the same level as frames like Nidus. If his entire amazingness just revolves around being able to get yourself back up, then I'm not impressed to be honest. Being great at the midnight hour isn't what I'd consider fun.

I tested him on: Steelpath kuva/corrupted/corpus survival/defense/disruption with a few of my buddies - one of them using mesa prime (i managed to out-damage him with Sevagoth) - and a few star chart / kuva lich missions + sanctuary onslaught. Again - you should not rely on base stats when it comes to looking at his survivability. His slow doesn't affect how much damage an enemy deals yes - but by my experience, it seems the AI  doesn't know how to deal with it, whiffing shots, taking their sweet time shooting and such - and consider that you wont simply be standing still, only modding for health, unless thats the type of game you want to play. 

You shouldn't only rely on your abilities to build up meter, that is simply not a thing. As a plus, combining panzer vulpaphylla with him + cedo can make his DOT + reap a deadly combination on sub 200 steelpath trashmobs - but you shouldn't look at it as your main damage source. Your main source of DPS is the reaper form, that takes a total of 2 ~ second to build up if you have played this game for any amount of time - not only that, can be sustained for great periods of time - and be rebuilt in an instant. No enemy can possibly reliably survive the reaper form from my experience, even when levels start getting crazy, he simply shreds them without any effort with its consistent damage output, if you pull enemies towards your gloom aura, their ragdoll is affected by the slow, meaning all enemies within this area at that moment are completely docile, unable to attack or do anything - and at this point it is simply way too late. 

Complaints such as slow being disruptive to others gameplay is simply etiquette, and i do wish it was line of sight on sevagoth for convenience, during defense missions, you can easily disable gloom, and rely on 1 - 2 to quickly build meter with the right build, or even do quick casts of it if necessary. But i think that sevagoth's biggest weakness is how much investment you need to get him to a point that i feel like hes in equal footing to frames like nidus, or in a point he feels very powerful, 15 forma average is dumb, and should have some sort of work around. 

Plus, i dont think i'd be against a buff to Sow and Reap - but im mostly saying what im saying knowing DE's perspective on game balance and how afraid they are on improving things statistically - so in my perspective the positive case scenario is that they simply do not touch Sevagoth, instead doing a knee-jerk Nerf.

Archived