Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i wish they actually sequestered my RJ

rockscl

4 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Of course Zanuka doesn't exist. We killed it in Jupiter and Alad V went on to build other monstrosity, like the cretin he is.

But ok.

We killed Zanuka and Alad V, but unlike Zanuka, Alad V got better. How? Good question.

Also makes you wonder how Zanuka's corpse is still hunting people.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

We killed Zanuka and Alad V, but unlike Zanuka, Alad V got better. How? Good question.

The Zanuka Hunter is a different one than the original in the Alad V bossfight

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Alad V got better by trying a new, revolutionary medical technique that unfortunately involved copious amounts of Infestation. That's why Alad V launched his short-lived Mutualist Empire on Eris.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Chronologically the Zanuka hunter is met before we kill, for the first time, Alad V on Jupiter. Basically, he sent a number of Zanuka hunters to chase us, he got us mad, we went on Jupiter, killed him, destroyed the last copy of Zanuka, and no further copy of Zanuka was ever seen.

Which means that, yes, we players experience the story of Warframe out of order. But we already knew that.

18 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Alad V got better by trying a new, revolutionary medical technique that unfortunately involved copious amounts of Infestation. That's why Alad V launched his short-lived Mutualist Empire on Eris.

Yeah, using good ol' retcons to take things into a different direction is what most story writers do for games. Easy and always available since it doesn't need to make any sense when you just hand-wave it away. How do you use "revolutionary medical technique" when you're dead? Must be space magic again.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

How do you use "revolutionary medical technique" when you're dead? Must be space magic again.

As we leave Alad V on Jupiter, he is on the ground moaning like the sadsack he is. We clearly leave him alive, although gravely wounded.

He managed to stabilize himself before dying.

Nothing myserious or "retconny" about that. The fact that Alad V is still alive after our assassination attempt is a clear fact.

18 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

As we leave Alad V on Jupiter, he is on the ground moaning like the sadsack he is. We clearly leave him alive, although gravely wounded.

Nothing myserious or "retconny" about that. The fact that Alad V is still alive after our assassination attempt is a clear fact.

"If the writing relies on the fanbase to fill numerous holes in the writing to provide reason to everything established in the story, it's bad writing."

People tend to scream/whimper when they die.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

People tend to scream/whimper when they die.

Stay in that assassination for two hours. Tell me: has he yet died? Is that what a dead person sounds like? Do they tend to scream/whimper for two hours?

Dude, I don't get why you are so dead-bent on this sort of "whah whah retcon". What are you, CinemaSins? Do you feel satisfaction in going around "ding"-ing things that weren't explained to you to the last detail? We left Alad V for dead, but he manage to stabilize himself using the infestation, which is basically magical immortality corruption serum.

On 2021-04-20 at 5:35 AM, (PSN)Yggranya said:

We don't kill some of the bosses, they either are defeated or escape. Unfortunately the only one that has animation to show this is Vay Hek and Stalker.

We just kinda suck to kill anything that isn't a robot or infested mass

5 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

We don't kill some of the bosses, they either are defeated or escape. Unfortunately the only one that has animation to show this is Vay Hek and Stalker.

That's most likely because a lot of these guys who fight us directly have contingency plans set in place (at least the smart ones anyway) as they know we are essentially immortal Gods upon the battlefield. The ones that didn't generally outright died, like most of the bosses in the game who got a smidge of power and thought that was enough to beat us. 

I guess the only guys I have to question is Lieutenant Lech Kril and Vor. We literally kill both of them in rather dramatic ways, with Vor exploding and Lech exploding but with fire. Yet they come back later, seemingly the exact same. You could probably shoo away that by saying their clones, but it still bothers me narratively and feels very much like a "we ran out of bosses so here they are, but together" sort of thing.

On 2021-04-22 at 12:31 PM, Dhrekr said:

Stay in that assassination for two hours. Tell me: has he yet died? Is that what a dead person sounds like? Do they tend to scream/whimper for two hours?

Dude, I don't get why you are so dead-bent on this sort of "whah whah retcon". What are you, CinemaSins? Do you feel satisfaction in going around "ding"-ing things that weren't explained to you to the last detail? We left Alad V for dead, but he manage to stabilize himself using the infestation, which is basically magical immortality corruption serum.

"Whah whah" indeed...

Anyway, as i said, when the playerbase has to fill gaps for the writers in many instances, it's terrible writing. Warframe is full of this, as are most games, and i don't understand why people go out of their way to defend them. If you didn't care, you would be here claiming this, so as one of those kinds of people, tell me why.

On 2021-04-22 at 2:26 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Yeah, Vor only got cut in half. He got better too, but it is what it is. At least with Vor it's obvious that it's space magic.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Anyway, as i said, when the playerbase has to fill gaps for the writers in many instances, it's terrible writing. Warframe is full of this, as are most games, and i don't understand why people go out of their way to defend them.

It took me a while to pinpoint whomst you remind me of, and I finally found out.

This sort of "at the beginning of a quest we leave Alad V for dead and in a following quest he appears, alive and healed through the Infestation, and we fans are left to fill in ALL THE GAPS in this very complicated process" is indeed a time-honored tradition that can be seen here.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Yeah, Vor only got cut in half. He got better too, but it is what it is. At least with Vor it's obvious that it's space magic.

Keyword "Some" Vor died in the quest the fight in Mercury is just there for you to fight him again and get his drops.

As for Ceres it's a kinda lazy way of reusing the same bosses to fill it, if they consider giving Grineer some love like the Corpus are getting then Ceres is definitely a good place to start

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

Keyword "Some" Vor died in the quest the fight in Mercury is just there for you to fight him again and get his drops.

As for Ceres it's a kinda lazy way of reusing the same bosses to fill it, if they consider giving Grineer some love like the Corpus are getting then Ceres is definitely a good place to start

In one of the cinematic he got revived by his Janus key when they found the Excalibur. The boss fight on Mercury is just an introduction I guess, badly told, and/or should be represented the Cinematic death probably timeline wise, while his first resurrection made him ally with Lech Kril, then he probably died for good and became one with the Void somehow. At least how I see it, but then we have a lot of issues story wise how things proceed and or how they are supposed to follow up. Biggest issue are the "open world" wannabe maps in my eyes, those should be at the end of star chart and content. They should have stayed with nodes honestly.

On 2021-04-21 at 8:10 AM, Dhrekr said:

Correction: the Infested stabilized him. I know the lore is presented to new players in the wrong order, but the Mutalist Alad V boss fight takes place BEFORE Second Dream

Though you are correct that we're actually very bad at assassinating named characters, since they're constantly alive afterward

11 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

It took me a while to pinpoint whomst you remind me of, and I finally found out.

This sort of "at the beginning of a quest we leave Alad V for dead and in a following quest he appears, alive and healed through the Infestation, and we fans are left to fill in ALL THE GAPS in this very complicated process" is indeed a time-honored tradition that can be seen here.

Not going to answer my question? I'm not surprised. Let's try another one then: How do you explain Alad V's infestation scarred face on video screens in his first assassination mission? How did that happen before "We clearly leave him alive, although gravely wounded." and supposedly "managed to stabilize himself before dying."?

Also,

On 2021-04-22 at 2:31 PM, Dhrekr said:

Stay in that assassination for two hours. Tell me: has he yet died?

Alad V disintegrates into nothingness a lot sooner than in two hours. Maybe disintegrating himself and magically moving to an undisclosed to location somewhere to coalesce back together and conveniently "stabilize" himself with the all consuming infestation was TOTALLY according to plan? Ugh... Which begs the question: When he got infested, why did "killing" him just make him get better from his unfortunate situation?

Why shoot the guy when he's clearly immortal. Hunhow was right, he is clearly orokin. See? I can make my own headcanon too but that doesn't make it right. Yes, i do want writers to be consistent, and i'm appalled how people are ready to wilfully ignore such glaring BS.

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Correction: the Infested stabilized him. I know the lore is presented to new players in the wrong order, but the Mutalist Alad V boss fight takes place BEFORE Second Dream

I mean... sure, the Mutualist Alad V fight takes place before Second Dream. After we cured Alad V from his rampant infestation problem by stealing Tyl Regor's genetic research.

It is, on that note, a bit of a shame that much of the personal lore of Warframe characters is lost to time because it was event-exclusive. It is hardly a surprise that some people go around ding-ing "plot holes" like CinemaSins are the be-all and end-all of media criticism.

I can't tell if your CinemaSins reference is good or bad since CinemaSins is infamous for just being wrong about a lot of things. On the other hand warframe lore is bad.

Why would you assume a boss is alive after a murderous psycho warframe shows up to kill him?
A warframe that is infamous for being good at killing?
Why wouldn't we kill him?
No, seriously why wouldn't we kill someone who sent kidnapping murder robots after us?

Apparently people don't realize that a lot of crucial lore was kept to one-time events:

Alad's entire lore

Specifically Mutalist Alad's lore

Summary (last part in spoiler block, in case you haven't gotten to the new story that was intro'd in U25):
Part 1, Jupiter Boss Fight - Alad V created a lot of Corpus weapons, but his baby was The Zanuka Project; in which he butchered Warframes in order to study them, then turn them into his own creations (SIDE NOTE: this leads to the lore behind standard Valkyr, the one escapee).
Part 2, Eris Boss Fight - After the Tenno shut down his operations on Jupiter the first time, he drags himself away to recover from the thrashing we gave him. Wanting to get back on the Corpus Board of Directors' good side again, he makes the Mutalist strain of Infestation, but as it turns out it mucked up his own body in the process of his experiments. After we give him another thrashing, Lotus tells us to take mercy on him and cure him.
Part 3, The Jovian Concord (explore the new Jupiter maps for "The Partnership" Fragments, and play the Ropalolyst Boss Fight for this part of the story) -

Spoiler

After Eris and the Mutalist fiasco, Alad decides that it's time to lay low again and reevaluate how he does things before he gets a third whuppin'. He draws up plans for the Amalgams while hiding, and only starts production after a "generous investor" lends him untold amounts of creds and plat. Turns out, it's Natah, and she has plans for his monsters, so she sends the Ropalolyst to act as a guard and a warden so Alad isn't interrupted and can't do anything to backstab Natah.

If you want to look at everything in full detail, here's the beginning of the updates. Note that the updates go in descending order from newest to oldest, so you'll have to go to the bottom and work your way back up.

7 hours ago, Sazero said:

I can't tell if your CinemaSins reference is good or bad since CinemaSins is infamous for just being wrong about a lot of things. On the other hand warframe lore is bad.

Why would you assume a boss is alive after a murderous psycho warframe shows up to kill him?
A warframe that is infamous for being good at killing?
Why wouldn't we kill him?
No, seriously why wouldn't we kill someone who sent kidnapping murder robots after us?

Apparently none of that needs to be explained as long as someone hand-waves it later...and even that isn't required for most of these people.

9 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

ding-ing

Just like claiming that everything is fine as long as you don't think about it is "ding-ing", right? (whatever "ding-ing" means anyway)

Archived