Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't get excited about Gara Prime since Xaku exists

(NSW)Reason

15 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

All good, I might have been rude myself so sorry about that as well.

Lol, well I personally feel the new Zephyr is definitely up there. Her tornadoes where buffed to grab, hold, and take status effects better. Apparently shooting a high crit gas weapon in the air into the tornadoes causes them to shred apart anything.

Not exactly sure how it works but the basic jest is that Zephyr gets an extra 100% crit chance while in the air and her tornadoes are able to absorb every damage type. Including status effects, crit damage and even the damage bonus from bane mods. In fact they amplify crit damage by 200% for enemies inside the tornados. As for gas, I'll be honest I am not sure why it is stupidly good but from what I heard gas lingers longer than other effects resulting in more damage stacking. Overall this results in Zephyr killing very high level enemies in one shot.

This might explain it better though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJrSJMI3to&ab_channel=AshisogiTenno

Yea not gonna lie, I kind of agree with Zephyr as well. I've been using her a lot ever since she got those changes, and goodness gracious she's actually insane. I mainly pair her with the Trumna, so whenever enemies within her tornadoes gets killed by the alt-fire, it actually charges the alt-fire as well! You can literally spam nukes across the map with with Trumna/Mausolon paired with Zephyr's tornadoes, and not the mention she's already almost invincible with the CC paired with Turbulence. I've also tried her in Tridolons as well and she's surprisingly effective there too, overall just a solid frame.

Xaku is basically a gunplay enhancing frame, like what mirage used to be before melee completely took over the game. You can even put eclipse on it to put the nail in the coffin for her in that regard.

Xaku and gara serve two entirely different functions and play styles.

I do wish she had an augment to her 2 that converted the damage of her shield to health and permanent duration.  I know that the damage of here 2 using 4 is super exploitable.  but...

it's too much setup for me.  I'd rather it just become heath so I can make her a defensive Nezha or Rhino.

On 2021-05-19 at 3:53 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Gara is one of the best rounded warframes. Amazing blend of defensive utility, buffs and crazy damage with her powers. She needs no changes.

Making her 2 and 3 casting animations mobile. It honestly would make a difference, since she's a high frequency caster.

I'm honestly confused by this thread.  Aesthetically and emotionally I love Xaku with all of my heart - so I want to be biased towards them - but I don't think they hold a candle to Gara's amazing (and consistent) defense and infinite damage.

It sounds like your gripes are mainly with the build and gameplay loop of Gara, which is valid.  But that just means Gara likely isn't the frame for you; congrats on finding a different frame that's more in-line with how you would like to play!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AuroraSonicBoom:

Making her 2 and 3 casting animations mobile. It honestly would make a difference, since she's a high frequency caster.

Bullet Jump + Aim Glide and it's basically mobile cast

On 2021-05-19 at 7:58 AM, quxier said:

Xaku wasn't in trash state and his changes were "planed".

The passive didn't consider AoE, so all AoEs would hit regardless of evasion.

Xata's Void proc was centered on the torso, making multiple headshots nearly impossible. Void damage was also highly resisted by all Grineer and Ancients.

Grasp couldn't be refreshed and its range was half. If you grabbed 1 gun instead of 10 on your cast, you had to wait for it to expire. They would also target invulnerable enemies (namely your Gaze victim) wasting its already-limited duration.

Deny was just a CC beam with a long cast time that could reset Sentient resistances (~wooo).

Untime had a constant energy drain and the only benefit for keeping it up was the 75% RNG dodge which shared the same AOE problem as the passive.

Xaku was a dumpster fire at launch and those "planned" changes were the result of hundreds of feedback comments and threads panning the state of its kit.

22 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

1)The passive didn't consider AoE, so all AoEs would hit regardless of evasion.

2) Xata's Void proc was centered on the torso, making multiple headshots nearly impossible. Void damage was also highly resisted by all Grineer and Ancients.

3) Grasp couldn't be refreshed and its range was half. If you grabbed 1 gun instead of 10 on your cast, you had to wait for it to expire. They would also target invulnerable enemies (namely your Gaze victim) wasting its already-limited duration.

4) Deny was just a CC beam with a long cast time that could reset Sentient resistances (~wooo).

5) Untime had a constant energy drain and the only benefit for keeping it up was the 75% RNG dodge which shared the same AOE problem as the passive.

6) Xaku was a dumpster fire at launch and those "planned" changes were the result of hundreds of feedback comments and threads panning the state of its kit.

1) 25% still hurts you

2) Damage-wise - yeah. For other purpose it was nice

3) Yeah, it was changed in 1st or 2nd update (I wish it back). My bad.

5) It was silly, now it's just meh.

In my opinion it wasn't trash (except GoL) but it wasn't very good either. You could soft CC with Void, Gaze could strip 100% armor, you had Accuse that could convert enemies (not good but it was something), Deny would allow you to do headshots. 

45 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

Xata's Void proc was centered on the torso, making multiple headshots nearly impossible. Void damage was also highly resisted by all Grineer and Ancients.

This wasn't a Xaku issue per se, was a Void dmg problem. This is like blaming X game mode because the lag due network issues.

39 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

This wasn't a Xaku issue per se, was a Void dmg problem. This is like blaming X game mode because the lag due network issues.

It was as much a Xaku problem as it was a Void damage problem, because they're basically one and the same considering Xata is one of the only ways to get the Void proc in regular missions. Xata's functionality was even mentioned as being "one of the main reasons" for the adjustment. 

Since Xata’s Whisper applies Void damage to all of their weapons, it was increasingly noticeable to Xaku players that the bubble’s current redirecting position prevents any attempt at enemy headshots until its duration expires. This is one of the main reasons for this change.

18 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

It was as much a Xaku problem as it was a Void damage problem, because they're basically one and the same considering Xata is one of the only ways to get the Void proc in regular missions. Xata's functionality was even mentioned as being "one of the main reasons" for the adjustment. 

Eh, Void dmg exist since the operator introduction (with no name). Since operator gameplay is very niche, the issue wasn't known on "mainstream" gameplay (aka playing as a warframe), so when Xata's whisper arrived was too obvious that void dmg was awful and changes where necessary. But for operator players (like me) void was a pain in the ass due the bubble and also the dmg resistances on most of elite units from each faction. Unairu blast still procs the old bubble btw. 

So I insist on void being crap was* no Xaku issue per se, but related.

Archived