The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming took my money and i can't claim drop.

OniGrimm

I got a message from Darvo that there is a Prime Gaming drops - skin for Loki. It says that i need to get prime gaming to get the skin. I have my accounts linked, i clicked "claim", selected "Try free 30-day trial" and confirmed. I got an SMS message that 5.99$ were withdrawn from my bank account by amazon video, and i don't know on what. My amazon page says that i don't have an amazon prime subscription, and there's nothing in my Orders so i can't neither cancel, nor get a refund. And there is no drops in my game when i logged in after.

On this page https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/warframe it says that i successfully claimed.

On this warframe page https://www.warframe.com/amazon/link it says " Sorry, Prime Gaming rewards are only available in select countries. " and when i click "select countries" to see is my country on the list it sends me to this "404 PAGE MISSING" page https://www.warframe.com/amazon/”https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/prime-gaming/articles/countries-territories-eligible-for-prime-gaming” which smugly says:

DID YOU THINK IT WOULD BE THAT EASY TO FIND THIS PAGE?

I mean come on.

Ok i talked to support and got my refund. Didn't knew that Amazon Prime and Prime Video are separate things and was looking in wrong place, not to mention that email from PrimeVideo got delivered an hour after my "purchase". They even got separate supports. I didn't even knew about Prime Video as a separate website. I'm sure that i clicked on free trial tho.

And, i checked a link provided by (PSN)Loki1211, my country IS on the list. Even after this "successfully claimed" i haven't got anything.

I know i wouldn't get support on that matter here, just ranting. I mean, i did clicked claim, paid for it(even if temporary, this stuff accepts free trials anyway), wasted two hours and nothing happened in game for the period i was owner for Prime Video subscription.

6 hours ago, blaxxteam said:

the message from darvo says it was free but it's not. you have to be an amazon prime member. It's a scam this message.

You just tried to get it for free but found out you need to be a member of the Club, some of us have a prime account already for other reasons so it's free to us.

9 hours ago, blaxxteam said:

the message from darvo says it was free but it's not. you have to be an amazon prime member. It's a scam this message.

I am used to receive Scam/Phishing emails on random email addresses, but I didn't expect to receive such scams even in Warframe from Darvo rofl. Free stuff ? Check. Click on this link ? Check. Find out it's not actually free ? Check. I'm not even far from checking if my computer didn't get a free malware in the process...

Oh yeah it's free because we don't pay anything at DE. Instead we give money to Jeff. What a deal.

I was on the verge of giving money to DE for the Kavat skin, because I thought they deserve it. But with such S#&$ty practices I'm not sure I will now. Wtf really.

I claimed mine and got nothing as well.  I wouldn't normally care but it was a bit of effort...I had to sign into amazon twice 2fa twice, then authrize the login a 3rd time then link to warframe and 2 fa that it was kinda a hassle 

edit I did get it latert after this post

15 hours ago, Leqesai said:

All I gotta say is, thank goodness that these drops don't require me to watch Cringe-AF Twitch broadcasters.

i prefer this than to bother with f'ked up pays and broken pages and not knowing what will work.
I can get the volume on twitch down easy >>>

I did create again an amazon account with a temporary credit card to get the free trial period (it mentioned paying 50€ or something but it didnt do anything in the end, last time it tried to get 5.99 several times. god I hate amazon, now im using a temporary card with little money on it). I did get the syandana which I like and claimed Loki but I dont really bother to check that one, Im not a main Loki at all.

18 hours ago, blaxxteam said:

There's people who Aren't amazon prime members?

How long has the 'rona lockdown been going? and you still haven't signed up for your free 2 day prime shipping? It's a lifesaver when you shouldn't be going outside.

membership fees easily pays off with all the savings from shipping.

Il y a 18 heures, Slayer-. a dit :

You just tried to get it for free but found out you need to be a member of the Club, some of us have a prime account already for other reasons so it's free to us.

it's still not free cause you pay monthly

19 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It is free If you have it

It's not free. If you are paying for something, it's not free, and getting some bonus on the side doesn't change that fact. Semantics? You are free to say that if it makes you feel better. Anyway, i'll just quote the most appropriate post in this thread.

On 2021-05-26 at 10:58 PM, ebrl said:

Distant sound of Jeff Bezos laughing while a 'ka-ching' sfx plays over and over

Oh, no, it damn sure should be discussed with Digital Extremes. They're the ones doing this Third-Party Giveaway stuff, they're on the hook for any shady crap that the Third-Party they selected did. The fact that they're doing giveaways that require players give away private information is absolutely absurd and should be done away with.

DE should be ashamed of themselves.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

It's not free. If you are paying for something, it's not free, and getting some bonus on the side doesn't change that fact. Semantics? You are free to say that if it makes you feel better. Anyway, i'll just quote the most appropriate post in this thread.

You're not paying the prime gaming rewards just Amazon prime hence why it's free it's not like you're dropping 10 bucks on top of Amazon prime to get each prime reward.

They should remove the message or make it clear in that you need Amazon prime to get it

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You're not paying the prime gaming rewards just Amazon prime hence why it's free it's not like you're dropping 10 bucks on top of Amazon prime to get each prime reward.

They should remove the message or make it clear in that you need Amazon prime to get it

Arguing about it with you would be pointless, since you just slide over the obvious. Anyway, in vain hope i'll just quote myself and you can continue to do you.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

If you are paying for something, it's not free, and getting some bonus on the side doesn't change that fact.

On 2021-05-27 at 11:58 AM, Slayer-. said:

7 hours ago, blaxxteam said:

it's still not free cause you pay monthly

Yes I pay for other services, Prime Gaming is just a bonus side off shoot to my main Amazon Prime account, same with my Twitch Prime that's another off shoot, hey we could go back to not receiving anything then all these conspiracy posts and whining about being scammed can go away.

Spoiler

zQdpo.jpg

I get far more out of my $6.00 a month for all my services and quite happy about it, the extras added onto it is also a nice side effect so all in all I'm happy to pay my $6.00 dollars a month.

You either like it or not, I don't see why players need to whine and whine about not getting it totally free, it's a business tactic to get more customers in if they really want the object they get it and then hopefully see they like all the other Prime stuff as well and stick around.

In the end all businesses do it to some extent.

Archived