Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Due to friends playing on different consoles, I have both a PC & PS account. With cross-play coming, has there been any news about merging player accounts and how it might happen? I've been trying to keep an ear out, but life happens and all!

• Like 1

On 2022-10-07 at 6:20 PM, quxier said:

Not necessary. It may means that on average player have more plat. For example PC player can have like 500 plat then Xbox could have 5k.

So, in average Xbox players are more willing to buy plat than PC players? Learn something new everyday, I guess.

On 2022-10-06 at 5:17 PM, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

Yeesh, projecting much?

Suck it up, this happens every so often with Trade Chat regardless. 

I would like Cross-Play and the ability to trade for more things.

• Like 1

Yeah I can't deny I'm wondering how the markets are going to shift or honestly how any of the economical stuff is going to work with this.

Just to name a few things I can think of:

PC players get plat coupons; console players get bundle coupons (and for bundles we don't even HAVE)

How will tennogen get handled: On PC you have to pay Steam Wallet, and the artist gets a % cut. On Consoles, DE has bought out the royalties rights to cut out having too many people on a contract making it a headache, so they sell for actual plat there. On PC we see a lot less people with tennogen because of this, personally I'd buy a lot of it if I could with plat I'm just not made of real money lmao.

How will playstation be handled? Nintendo may or may not be a problem they're a wild card. Sony however is very persnickety about things, and there is a good chance they will not be ok with playstation plat mixing with other plat, which could make things a bigger annoyance for playstation players trying to find trades (literally nothing DE can do about it unless give them no cross platform at all) But yeah on PSO2 for example, the cash shop currency for Playstation is in a separate pool from every all other platform combined, and they don't even trade theirs directly with other players like Warframe does.

But yeah I could definitely think up more than just these as well

On 2022-10-06 at 5:19 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Again , i think you are missing how plat purchases differ between pc and console.

Let's take a scenario , where a pc and ps accounts both get a 50% discount ,

The pc account can now get 1000 platinum for 25 $ from the main warframe site instead of 50 $.

The PS account can now spend 500 platinum and get a single item (non bundle) worth 1000 platinum , it does not change the amount of platinum you can buy.

I don't think there is any single items worth 1000 platinum in the market ,

But there are higher options for purchasing more platinum from DE directly ,

If PS/xbox gets a similar treatment the consoles will lose out on potential profits , and if it's cross save then all players get the same profits and consoles (including DE) looses out.

I have gotten 50% off deals on plat purchases threw ps plus I have personally gotten the 1000 plat for $25 twice in 4 years and i know ive missed more than few sales and discounts as havnt focused heavily on warframe that whole time and dont look at the psn store for warframe when only get on it once or twice a month

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vega2673 said:

Nice, but how do I access for example my xbox account on pc? I have linked all and everything but when Iam starting the game on PC it wants email and password. My Xbox email and password is not working obviously.

That comes under cross save and its not being tested at the moment, just cross play between PC and xbox. Probably going to be next year earliest now for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)zOverseer said:

I have a question to anybody that knows.
my main Warframe platform is Xbox but i dont play xbox anymore, so a while ago i made a pc warfame acc with same same deets as my Xbox acc
will this interfere with cross save when it releases.?

Some form of account merge will happen if you decide to go for it but the details around it aren’t known yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Some form of account merge will happen if you decide to go for it but the details around it aren’t known yet.

i can only hope and hope i remember my pc account credintials before then as would be nice to throw the excal prime skin on my umbra just for giggles seeing as quit with my pc account around mr9 and im LR2 on playstation

Just a random public announcement ... Switch Cooties are coming. You cannot avoid getting the Switch Cooties once we join cross-play ... well you can since you can turn off cross-play in the menu. It is your only source of immunization against Switch Cooties. You have been warned.

But NGL, I'm a bit jelly of the XBox and PC cross-play. One day you will all have the pleasure or terror of joining a Switch hosted session ... LOL.

• Like 2

I want to get back in this game but i have it across 3 platforms will my accounts be merged if i continue play or should i just not waste my time just in case they dont ?? or will there be a main platform save they will use ?

Edited by (XBOX)mordusy