Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

I would love cross save before duviri as I want my safe off my Xbox series s and put it on my ps4  because I find it easier to use a ps4 control with my disability the Xbox controller is a heavier controller and the ps4 Is a much user friendly controller to use. On Xbox mr18 with hundreds of hours ps4 not much I am desperate to play Warframe again but I can't on Xbox. I really hope it's not going to be much longer I really miss playing Warframe now.

On 2023-03-31 at 2:50 PM, (XBOX)blaze2508 said:

I would love cross save before duviri as I want my safe off my Xbox series s and put it on my ps4  because I find it easier to use a ps4 control with my disability the Xbox controller is a heavier controller and the ps4 Is a much user friendly controller to use. On Xbox mr18 with hundreds of hours ps4 not much I am desperate to play Warframe again but I can't on Xbox. I really hope it's not going to be much longer I really miss playing Warframe now.

Seeing as how cross save has not even started testing publicly yet, I suspect that it will be out after Duviri. It'll probably be out within the next 5 months if I had to guess. 

On 4/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Seeing as how cross save has not even started testing publicly yet, I suspect that it will be out after Duviri. It'll probably be out within the next 5 months if I had to guess. 

I doubt cross-save will have a public test period like cross-play did. Since a test failure with cross-save would mean potentially a full account wipe, and DE wouldn't want to risk that. Unlike cross-play where a failure just means mission bugs and possibly losing rewards from a mission or two or other issues that are more an annoyance than a real huge problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

I doubt cross-save will have a public test period like cross-play did. Since a test failure with cross-save would mean potentially a full account wipe, and DE wouldn't want to risk that. Unlike cross-play where a failure just means mission bugs and possibly losing rewards from a mission or two or other issues that are more an annoyance than a real huge problem.

That's a great argument. Cross-save could be right around the corner, but I think it would be copium to expect it before or with Duviri. That would be very unlikely, knowing how things go. About a month or two after Duviri, there will probably be a small update, so it could come with that.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 10:45 PM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

That's a great argument. Cross-save could be right around the corner, but I think it would be copium to expect it before or with Duviri. That would be very unlikely, knowing how things go. About a month or two after Duviri, there will probably be a small update, so it could come with that.

I hope so, as much fun as it is to force people to deal with ps4 load times when I host I'll always feel a bit bad about it.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

I hope so, as much fun as it is to force people to deal with ps4 load times when I host I'll always feel a bit bad about it.

On Xbox One, the game struggles even in the orbiter. Ever since I moved to PC, the console has become unplayable. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

On 4/11/2023 at 3:51 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

On Xbox One, the game struggles even in the orbiter. Ever since I moved to PC, the console has become unplayable. 

I started a PC account, but as soon as I hit the point that a clan or platinum was necessary to progress in a meaningful way and I couldn't join my PSN clan that's just me and a couple friends I gave up and decided to just wait for cross-save and suffer through on PSN until it happens.

i would never restart in warframe.. its not my style and there is way too much Free to Play caused grind in this game... as it is i still refuse to play until cross save lets me play on my now few year old PC which utterly and completely blows away both my XB1 and PS4 in every reguard.

this kind of irritates me, i have been genuinely wanting to play again with my PC but this wait for the ability to get my old characters to do new content with has gotten insulting. i dont use twitter to begin with but when i search "Warframe Cross Save" every now and then to see the only news being unreleated new content with this kind of cheeky question on twitter... just come to my house if you wanna abuse me..

so.. no twitter, i will neither start a new game in the paradox (i remember when this was announced) or the OG start.. i will not play at all until warframe either lets me migrate my account or fully supports cross save in addition to the cross play.

• Like 2

Ok. I don't know why you, or anyone else who does this, feels the need to rant about how you're waiting for cross save.

It'll release when DE releases it. Until then keep not playing and keep it to yourself.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Why are you responding to Twitter on the Warframe forums where nobody on twitter will see it and no one on the forums will know what you're talking about?

because i dont use twitter... the only reason i saw that post was from the google search results.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Ok. I don't know why you, or anyone else who does this, feels the need to rant about how you're waiting for cross save.

It'll release when DE releases it. Until then keep not playing and keep it to yourself.

Get over it, i have only posted twice in the past 3+ years.. if there is an obvious issue, then expect people to comment on it.. the wait for cross save is overdue, im sure i am not the only one annoyed by that.

also, love how moderation on this site still remains as over-zealous as ever. i made this post as a response to a post from the official twitter, relating to how i would not ever choose to restart the game in any fashion due to multiple factors beyond cross save itself. given i dont ever use twitter beyond as mentioned above, this forum seemed the appropriate place to voice those opinions.

this is why i tell people to avoid this game these days, let alone this community.

Edited by (PSN)ForNoPurpose

so as i wait in limbo with my ps4 now to old to run war-frame without screaming in agony and lagging horribly, and can't play on Xbox because....really don't wanna grind out ALL that content, again. I'm playing on my original PC account transferred to PlayStation, so when will we finally be getting cross save? like, i get it, its difficult, I'm not saying its not. But, can we just transfer back to PC for now? then after i dunno, a month, transfer back to a console? that code already exists, so we know its possible, albeit with an update for new consoles. just saying, at the moment, i just wanna play, but i play on Xbox T_T and now the new content update is coming out and i just can't play on PlayStation anymore. y'all, my ps4 is week 1 T_T it cries when i turn it on now.

Firstly, You should have searched the issue before posting, theres alot of info on the forumns.

The big thread is here:

Finally the long and short of it is that the technical hurdles of cross save is only a small part of the issue. Even prior to cross save discussions, even save transfering was higlighted as unlikely to happen regularily.

• Like 1

On 2023-04-20 at 4:27 AM, chaotea said:

Firstly, You should have searched the issue before posting, theres alot of info on the forumns.

The big thread is here:

Finally the long and short of it is that the technical hurdles of cross save is only a small part of the issue. Even prior to cross save discussions, even save transfering was higlighted as unlikely to happen regularily.

i did go to that thread as i visit it frequently, you'll notice they are vague going on useless in response to the cross save information, thus my post trying to get specifics in case anyone knew something they hadn't updated us about.

On 2023-04-20 at 6:07 AM, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Is it really running that bad on last gen? Maybe they should axe it.. it's not like the requirements are going down.. :(

lots of people still play, my problem is my ps4 is from week 1 release of the console itself. Its literally on its last legs as a device. i never got the newer ps4's that still run well.

On 2023-04-20 at 4:08 PM, (PSN)xXJadedxRabbitXx said:

I just want my save from psn to pc ;-;

same, only i wanna move to xbox

Can't wait to play duviri on 10fps since they forced old-gen to use enhanced engine which they cannot handle.

Since they changed it I have been getting so many frame drops, stuttering and game freezing gets really annoying at times.

Cross save really needs to be released since nobody wants to be playing on something which will make the experience not enjoyable when they have a more capable console/pc.

14 hours ago, (PSN)SN-TrapGod said:

Can't wait to play duviri on 10fps since they forced old-gen to use enhanced engine which they cannot handle.

Since they changed it I have been getting so many frame drops, stuttering and game freezing gets really annoying at times.

Cross save really needs to be released since nobody wants to be playing on something which will make the experience not enjoyable when they have a more capable console/pc.

and apparently asking for cross-save or transfers is openly frowned on these days.

i at this point dont care if CS comes, if i can migrate my account i would be fine.

On 2023-04-22 at 9:19 AM, (PSN)Okamibanshu22 said:

i did go to that thread as i visit it frequently, you'll notice they are vague going on useless in response to the cross save information, thus my post trying to get specifics in case anyone knew something they hadn't updated us about.

I do notice they are vague, but thats because there isnt any specific information at the moment. The megatread will be the first thing to be updated if information comes out. Worth keeping an eye on.