Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you keep using your max rank warframe when still beginner?

(PSN)tigagelas

Question

Hello, I'm new here :)

I want to ask what is your strategy when you still new on this game?

Do you keep using your max rank warframe (even there's another frame to rank up for to gain mastery rank)?

I want increase mastery rank, but mission will be much easier when using my max rank warframe. Maybe you can your strategy when still beginner?

Thank you

1 hour ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Welcome, welcome and welcome.

1. Clear star chart. (if missions became difficult then ask for help in Recruit tab or from clan members)

2. Do Nightmare missions to gain Nightmare mods (really useful).

3. Do Orokin Vaults on Deimos for Corrupted mods (also really useful).

4. Spend some time in Cetus to make good melee Zaw + some good mods from bounties.

5. Spend some time in Fortuna to make good primary and secondary Kitguns + maybe some good mods from Bounties. (Also look for and NPC called Ticker)

6.  Do Glast Gambit quest to unlock Index!

Do you keep using your max rank warframe (even there's another frame to rank up for to gain mastery rank)?

It depends on the mission and how well you can manage yourself with under leveled gear, if you can do well then bring under level gears and if not then level your gears slowly one gear at time!

BTW when you are leveling there is a chance a hit squad may attack, when that's happen rush to your team and try not to face tank the hit squad, let your team deal most of the damage.

I want increase mastery rank, but mission will be much easier when using my max rank warframe. Maybe you can your strategy when still beginner?

Hit Recruit tab and either host or look for a leveling squad, if you join random matches it will be like this:

A) They will do few rotations then quit the match.

B) Rush the mission which means you gain the least amount of EXP.

C) Get super lucky with randos willing to stay for long enough to level up few times, but these type of players are rare :(

Thank you

If I helped you then you are welcome :)

8 hours ago, jinxeverything said:

Welcome, welcome and welcome.

1. Clear star chart. (if missions became difficult then ask for help in Recruit tab or from clan members)

2. Do Nightmare missions to gain Nightmare mods (really useful).

3. Do Orokin Vaults on Deimos for Corrupted mods (also really useful).

4. Spend some time in Cetus to make good melee Zaw + some good mods from bounties.

5. Spend some time in Fortuna to make good primary and secondary Kitguns + maybe some good mods from Bounties. (Also look for and NPC called Ticker)

6.  Do Glast Gambit quest to unlock Index!

It depends on the mission and how well you can manage yourself with under leveled gear, if you can do well then bring under level gears and if not then level your gears slowly one gear at time!

BTW when you are leveling there is a chance a hit squad may attack, when that's happen rush to your team and try not to face tank the hit squad, let your team deal most of the damage.

Hit Recruit tab and either host or look for a leveling squad, if you join random matches it will be like this:

A) They will do few rotations then quit the match.

B) Rush the mission which means you gain the least amount of EXP.

C) Get super lucky with randos willing to stay for long enough to level up few times, but these type of players are rare :(

If I helped you then you are welcome :)

Oh my god. Thank you so much for the guide! About your point form 2 to 6, I need to learn it a lilttle bit. Maybe I will search something about make good melee Zaw. And about Bounties I'm still not clear, but I willing to try.

After maybe I will try to ask my clan (just joined) and hoping some of them want to help leveling gear while doing mission or something. Once again thank you!

My strategy when i was still a beginner is make as many things as i want in my foundry, but don't claim them yet because i didn't have slots. I had like hundreds of things ready to be claimed and just let them sit in my foundry.

I only claim them one by one as i get free slots from nw, stream, quests, etc. MR was the least of my worries, and 24 ranks later, still is. 

Some main goals for beginners are unlocking starchart and playing the quests. MR will come naturally. So just use what you're most comfortable with, and keep customizing your mods to always make it stronger. Later in the game you will max any frames in like 10 minutes after you get them.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Thank you for sharing it! And about "cycle out" things. What do you do with Max rank frame or weapon? Sell it for credits?

If you can get slots, keep your frames. They will come handy later when you get access to Helminth. 

As far as weapons go, I'd keep most powerful and fun to use and sell the rest, especially if you can get upgraded version (Prime, Wraith, Vandal, Kuva, Tenet, Prisma) BUT... Some weapons are required to build other weapons. Here's the list:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

I see. Thank you so much for the tip! Very helpful. A bit OOT where to know the price of some parts in platinum? Where's the user market for this?

People use warframe.market but it's not official (not made by DE).

4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

My strategy when i was still a beginner is make as many things as i want in my foundry, but don't claim them yet because i didn't have slots. I had like hundreds of things ready to be claimed and just let them sit in my foundry.

I only claim them one by one as i get free slots from nw, stream, quests, etc. MR was the least of my worries, and 24 ranks later, still is. 

Some main goals for beginners are unlocking starchart and playing the quests. MR will come naturally. So just use what you're most comfortable with, and keep customizing your mods to always make it stronger. Later in the game you will max any frames in like 10 minutes after you get them.

This is new tip for me. I will start to apply it. Thank you for the idea!

4 hours ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

If you can get slots, keep your frames. They will come handy later when you get access to Helminth. 

As far as weapons go, I'd keep most powerful and fun to use and sell the rest, especially if you can get upgraded version (Prime, Wraith, Vandal, Kuva, Tenet, Prisma) BUT... Some weapons are required to build other weapons. Here's the list:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

I see. Thank you for the info!

9 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Personal tip: When you're leveling stuff, bring at least one thing that can kill enemies with ease, be it a frame or a weapon. For leveling weapons, bring either a good frame or a good weapon. For leveling frames, bring a good weapon. As long as you got something to fall back on when you need to lay down the smackdown, you'll be fine.

Thank you for the tip! I will considering it.

3 hours ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

I see. I thought people selling it for platinum >,< so next time I will not hesitant to sell it for credit only.

You can't sell ranked up weapons for anything other than credits. You can sell Prime "junk" for plat via trades (for example if you have 12 Braton Prime stocks), which is a solid way to buy inventory slots. As soon as you build a Prime weapon, or put a single XP in an otherwise tradable weapon, you can no longer trade it.

A trick I used to use when I was first starting was to level up a new frame use the survival mission on Mercury, Just carry a strong weapon and you can easily kill the enemies there for about 20mins or so even solo. 

You can also use Helene on Saturn a defense mission that almost always has players running it to level frames and weapons easily since the map is small you have full Tenno affinity the entire match.

10 hours ago, Kryshok said:

A trick I used to use when I was first starting was to level up a new frame use the survival mission on Mercury, Just carry a strong weapon and you can easily kill the enemies there for about 20mins or so even solo. 

You can also use Helene on Saturn a defense mission that almost always has players running it to level frames and weapons easily since the map is small you have full Tenno affinity the entire match.

tbh Gabii is better for Survival leveling as it racks up melee which still long-term is much better and easy enough to go 20-30 mins at.

I prefer Telesto, Saturn or Neptune's Exterminate for Primary/ Secondary leveling but best is actually Spy if you have the frame for clearing all three as each successful data hack can bounce all your loadout in one swoop.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

tbh Gabii is better for Survival leveling as it racks up melee which still long-term is much better and easy enough to go 20-30 mins at.

I prefer Telesto, Saturn or Neptune's Exterminate for Primary/ Secondary leveling but best is actually Spy if you have the frame for clearing all three as each successful data hack can bounce all your loadout in one swoop.

When I used Mercury it was about 2014 to 2015 and was easy to solo play as to my bad internet kept me from better groups.

Probably the best overall fast level spot is Hydron on Sedna same small map as Helene but higher level enemies so faster exp gains from Tenno affinity.

6 hours ago, Kryshok said:

When I used Mercury it was about 2014 to 2015 and was easy to solo play as to my bad internet kept me from better groups.

Probably the best overall fast level spot is Hydron on Sedna same small map as Helene but higher level enemies so faster exp gains from Tenno affinity.

I always play Solo as speedrunners drive me nuts :p .

I always have felt Hydron was overrated myself and, honestly kinda boring but would still advise our OP to try them all to find their personal favorite

5 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I always play Solo as speedrunners drive me nuts :p .

I always have felt Hydron was overrated myself and, honestly kinda boring but would still advise our OP to try them all to find their personal favorite

Well it works well for quick leveling...I only use them to level fast. But its all personal taste and skill levels. Now I rarely go near the low level planets unless chasing relics etc.

On 2021-07-23 at 4:33 AM, (PSN)tigagelas said:

Thank you

Use your "new" warframe that you have and do low level farming (especially do more exterminate mission, kill more enemies) and until your new warframe gets al least level 10 you can start doing higher level missions to level up your warframe. (but this problem will stop coming to you as you learn more of the game and get deeper into it, such as getting warframes like Octavia or Saryn or Mesa which are strong even without / with less mods). 

9 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Dusting some cobwebs, here's what I vaguely remember doing:
Keep one loadout's worth of gear you put forma and junk into (mine was Karak, Excal, Nami Solo, and AkLex back in the day), and cycle out stuff as you max rank it unless you really like it. You can always come back and get stuff later, once you have a few maxed r10 mods.
Don't be afraid to have a "low level grind spot", where you mess with builds on your "default" loadout. You end up using that loadout for progression, so you want something you can use consistently.

Thank you for sharing it! And about "cycle out" things. What do you do with Max rank frame or weapon? Sell it for credits?

9 hours ago, quxier said:

In my opinion you should keep your frames. At least some of them.

There are few things to consider:

- slots: as fair I remember you have 2 frame slots (+1 starter frame) plus you have 50 plat (and that's another 2). When you are starting it's hard to get slots. I used to sell a lot of weapons/frames because I haven't knew how to trade. You can earn PLATINUM via trading some stuffs (e.g. prime parts) with other players. It probably require higher MR (3?) to be able to trade. For example you can trade, more or less, ANY 6 prime parts for 5 platinum. If you get nice prime part you can sell it for more.

- how easy is to acquire given frame. Some frames are easy to acquire (with enough power of course) but some are harder. For example frame Octavia requires 20 minute mission to have a chance to acquire 1 part, so I wouldn't sell her. On other hand frame Mag just require to beat some guy few times, so you can easily sell her.

- where will you use given frame. There some different mission types so it's nice to have different frames. For example Frost might be good for defending something (missions: Defense or Mobile defense) and Limbo might be good for spies (it can avoid lasers and other stuffs making spies much easier).

I see. Thank you so much for the tip! Very helpful. A bit OOT where to know the price of some parts in platinum? Where's the user market for this?

8 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Gabii is still my go-to for melee weapons and frame rankings for that very reason :p

Yeah, and the sweet 25k credits completion bonus, x2 if it's your first mission of the day. Also Orokin Cells drop there. Best low/mid MR farming/leveling spot ever, my first dayly for like 2 years:-)

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be nodes that you'v unlocked. The key thing is playing a node with infinite-spawning enemies. Personally I love survival nodes. Dark Sector survival nodes against the infested work really well (they're pretty easy to kill compared to Grineer and Corpus). 

If you have sanctuary onslaught available then it is the best way to level new gear, for sure.

Gabii is still my go-to for melee weapons and frame rankings for that very reason :p

13 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Personal tip: When you're leveling stuff, bring at least one thing that can kill enemies with ease, be it a frame or a weapon. For leveling weapons, bring either a good frame or a good weapon. For leveling frames, bring a good weapon. As long as you got something to fall back on when you need to lay down the smackdown, you'll be fine.

^This

At the very least make sure your frame has some kind of survivability mod equipped (Vitality is best IMO) and a decent weapon can carry you through lots of content.

Dusting some cobwebs, here's what I vaguely remember doing:
Keep one loadout's worth of gear you put forma and junk into (mine was Karak, Excal, Nami Solo, and AkLex back in the day), and cycle out stuff as you max rank it unless you really like it. You can always come back and get stuff later, once you have a few maxed r10 mods.
Don't be afraid to have a "low level grind spot", where you mess with builds on your "default" loadout. You end up using that loadout for progression, so you want something you can use consistently.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Archived