The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't it make sense for tenet melee weapons to be tradable ?

0_The_F00l

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you use weapons with over 15% status and crit then you're not getting soggy sandwiches....

Oh yeah. I kinda went on a diatribe there about the state of Subway to be honest. Tenet weapons are decent, mostly.

It does make me sad that they took the idea of bypassing RNG with a store using credits (holokeys) and made it RNG rate limited. That said, I do like that they created a consistent way to earn those keys through sister kills, even if it is on the low end of acquisition rate.

Looks like my comment was deleted cause it quoted someone being naughty.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I bet you that in a few months they will be.

Maybe , assuming they dont simply forget or decide "they want to respect the investment of those that already got it"

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This is standard gaming stuff:

Brand new high value items aren't gonna be easy.

You guys know these are new weapons with good base stats and op quirks....I just tried the sliding heavy attack from the grigori and yea....if the rest of them are gonna do this...you probably don't want these flooding the market too fast....

Meanwhile....there are people in recruit in alliance chat trying to kill sisters and liches with Acceltras that have 2 impact mods and no vital sense and wonder why they can't kill things in game.....

This would have made sense if lich/sister weapons (technically) weren't already tradable. So no, your argument holds no water.

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

To you and I it's a service... To a programmer or the character designer or the person who chooses where the rocks go in the environment... To them it IS art. We are talking about their motivations. They aren't JUST to make money. 

It is a fruit of their labors, not all fruits are art , some are just there to be eaten. And again Railjack may be consdered "Art" but we are talking about void storm , Railjack existed before there were void storms.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It actually is worth debating....you just don't want to accept it because you're on the "customer" end and you think you magically know how to operate a company.

I really doubt if you're creating your own 7 year game, you'll say "you know what? We didn't spend much time on this....just let them buy it all. We'll make something else for em to use in 2 weeks so there's no downtime between content for them!"

You are taking things out of context, the point is we cannot debate what can be considered art and what can be considered a commodity/souvenir definitely not between two people that had no part in the creation of said commodity/art.

There is no need to be offended on someone else's behalf.

And also there is already precedence of trading / buying weapons that require significant grind directly from market or via player trading, so not sure what you are trying to defend or justify.

23 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

They took the idea of a shop to bypass RNG and added RNG to it somehow. God love 'em they find a way to destroy every idea. That said i do like that sisters drop them now, if you get 4 people running the lich confrontation mission thats 4 per lich, its like an extra lich weapon every 10 sister kills. Loyalty program. Free disgusting sub after 10 overpriced soggy bread sandwiches with no real ingredients and yoga mat filler. Eat Fresh.

I only got maybe 6 of my keys from sisters , i already had most of it stocked away when the right roll came around. And while a sister hunt is relatively quick , that's still roughly 2 hours for potentially 4 keys. i dont think DE has any way to extend gameplay outside of RNG. thats a hole they have dug themselves in.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you use weapons with over 15% status and crit then you're not getting soggy sandwiches....

The weapons themselves are ... debatably good , its down to personal preference, the stats on paper are great , but the usefulness of some of them is dependent on their stances. the agendus in my opinion is great , the grigori is good but the tenet livia due to its stance is rather meh (already made a topic about that) and the exec is just weirdly bad for some reason.

so just stats does not make a good weapon, and you can indeed get soggy sandwiches.

This is standard gaming stuff:

Brand new high value items aren't gonna be easy.

Yes, it standard practice in gaming but, DE has set a precedent for themselves by allowing most items to be purchable through the market or trading between players. 

If you don't like the grind to acquire a specific item you can throw plat at the problem and make it go away in most situations. Then you can get back to playing what you do enjoy. 

Lich/sister weapons were a little different, you still have to kill the lich to get weapons/ephemera but you can buy high % weapons or an ephemera to bypass a significant portion of the grind. There is no way to bypass Tenet melee weapons. 

My guess is they don't really have a hard rule on what they make tradeable and what they don't.

Liches/Sisters already are, although the situation is a bit different there, because it's potentially three things: the nemesis, their weapon and maybe an Ephemera.

I'd wager if they're happy enough with the engagement, then they could be convinced to make things tradeable here, too. But it'd require enough people to care about and demand that change in the first place.

Also, right now they're probably worried about not making the New War a similar experience as RJ was when it launched. Might want to bring it up again sometime later.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Yes, it standard practice in gaming but, DE has set a precedent for themselves by allowing most items to be purchable through the market or trading between players. 

If you don't like the grind to acquire a specific item you can throw plat at the problem and make it go away in most situations. Then you can get back to playing what you do enjoy. 

Lich/sister weapons were a little different, you still have to kill the lich to get weapons/ephemera but you can buy high % weapons or an ephemera to bypass a significant portion of the grind. There is no way to bypass Tenet melee weapons. 

Yea...they gave you a pass since everyone whined about guns and needing strong guns. Now there's new players that can't mod but have an ogris to shoot around. 

Now that the masses are appeased we can hopefully move on, unless we'd like to continue looking a gift horse in the mouth.

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

the exec is just weirdly bad for some reason.

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The weapons themselves are ... debatably good , its down to personal preference, the stats on paper are great , but the usefulness of some of them is dependent on their stances. the agendus in my opinion is great , the grigori is good but the tenet livia due to its stance is rather meh (already made a topic about that) and the exec is just weirdly bad for some reason.

so just stats does not make a good weapon, and you can indeed get soggy sandwiches.

And here I haven't even thought about buying Grigori because of its "feature" on slide heavy attack but I like Exec.

Sadly lots of stuffs that are not "basic" are either weak or unmodable. Exec feature barely takes any mods. Afair it was maybe 2-3. Rest are weak or doesn't change ANYTHING.

Lots of weapons are nice (stat based) but stances or features made it "meh". I wonder who like to use 2nd Heavy attack (slide heavy attack) and said it's FUN. Heavy attacks are "disrupting" flow of the game. You need to put wind up mods to make some of them "not standing for few seconds". Other "free" weapons has that or similar feature (Arum spinosa has projectiles on heavy attack AND Sigma & Octan... projectile on aimgliding) or a feature is not great (imho blocking for angle increase isn't nice).

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea...they gave you a pass since everyone whined about guns and needing strong guns. Now there's new players that can't mod but have an ogris to shoot around. 

Now that the masses are appeased we can hopefully move on, unless we'd like to continue looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm confused what gun vs melee balance or new players inability to mod properly  has to do with purchasing/trading Tenet melee weapons. 

I also don't know what free pass I got and I don't remember whining about guns needing to be stronger. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

I am not sure what you are trying to highlight here that is relevant to making tenet weapons tradable.

47 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

nope, tenet melee weapons should never be tradable

Ok , you want to elaborate on why you think so?

18 минут назад, 0_The_F00l сказал:

I am not sure what you are trying to highlight here that is relevant to making tenet weapons tradable.

Ok , you want to elaborate on why you think so?

because devs spent time and resources to made new corpus rj, rj fissures etc
and if everyone behave themselves like "why should I play this, I'll be sitting in orbiter and buy everything" then what's the point of developers producing more content if no one will play it except a handful of players?

currently holokeys are best resources to incentivize people to play said gamemode

11 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

currently holokeys are best resources to incentivize people to play said gamemode

I hate fissures enought to not bother with the tenent melee weapons. I also grinded all the sister weapons prior to them adding holokeys, so never going to get them.

3 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

and if everyone behave themselves like "why should I play this, I'll be sitting in orbiter and buy everything" then what's the point of developers producing more content if no one will play it except a handful of players?

What's the point of creating content that only a handful of players want to play?

DE missed the mark on voidstorms and rj as a whole imo. Trying to coerce us into playing content only a few people enjoy just doesn't feel good. It doesn't matter the reward if the process is unenjoyable. Eventually people will get fed up and move on to more enjoyable things.

25 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

Meanwhile Sevagoth and Epitaph (both of which are void storm rewards) are just chilling in the market.

25 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

Rubbish, you have no obligation to defend DE or their use of resources.

Yes rewards are important , but if the gameplay itself is not interesting enough the rewards may not be enough of an incentive. And as I already highlighted the weapons themselves are debatable on usefulness.

Most of my clan skipped the holokey farm , they also didn't bother with railjack in the first place and the tenet weapons most certainly didn't bring them back from their hiatus.

Also if no one buys things for plat DE will no longer be able to support the game. It is their source of income.

3 минуты назад, 0_The_F00l сказал:

but if the gameplay itself is not interesting enough the rewards may not be enough of an incentive. And as I already highlighted the weapons themselves are debatable on usefulness.

Most of my clan skipped the holokey farm , they also didn't bother with railjack in the first place and the tenet weapons most certainly didn't bring them back from their hiatus.

then you can also skip them😉

58 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm confused what gun vs melee balance or new players inability to mod properly  has to do with purchasing/trading Tenet melee weapons. 

I also don't know what free pass I got and I don't remember whining about guns needing to be stronger. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Hmm ok that was irrelevant my bad. 

Either way you and many others are so used to getting everything you want that nothing is actually sacred to you.

The person that used the art example tried to convey this, but was mocked instead. 

Things have value beyond money. Not a new concept.

You're feigning ignorance if you don't think the next round of tenet weapons will basically be the best in game for years to come. 

If they release a Tenet nikana or Tonfa or fists or dual sword or sword....I'm never touching anything in the game ever again.

I got 60 holokeys in less than 2 weeks not even trying. 

Basically what we're saying is you can wait and put the work in if you really want it that bad.

I hope DE doesn't cave on this issue because really good weapons should have value beyond me using my wallet.

43 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

What's the point of creating content that only a handful of players want to play?

Source please?

The people that try and argue things like this with absolutely nothing more than anecdotal evidence are really funny IMO.

Just because a few posters on the Internet who want to make their voices carry more weight by claiming things like this does not make it true.

DE can make the weapons tradable or not, I could not care less, but trying to claim your personal experience is some huge movement is silly.

If you don't like the content, don't play it, but whining because you feel entitled to have the rewards is also silly.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Artists made an experience. They want to incentivize as many people as possible to experience their art. They don't want some people to skip the art and others to slog through their art for profit. 

pay to skip is the entire warframe model what are you even. 

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It is a fruit of their labors, not all fruits are art , some are just there to be eaten. And again Railjack may be consdered "Art" but we are talking about void storm , Railjack existed before there were void storms.

But the storms also allow and show a new artistic expression for the whole idea behind the void and what it is. Of course it isnt everyones cup of tea but they still want us to see and experience it. Void Storms are quite visually different experiences than normal RJ aswell as normal fissures. Too bad that the exposure to the storm isnt more dangerous to our frames/RJ, would be cool with an actually hazardous storm setting.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

But the storms also allow and show a new artistic expression for the whole idea behind the void and what it is. Of course it isnt everyones cup of tea but they still want us to see and experience it. Void Storms are quite visually different experiences than normal RJ aswell as normal fissures. Too bad that the exposure to the storm isnt more dangerous to our frames/RJ, would be cool with an actually hazardous storm setting.

And we experienced it in the Sevagoth quest Call of the Tempestarii. 

Every player doesn't need to experience it over and over. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Hmm ok that was irrelevant my bad. 

Either way you and many others are so used to getting everything you want that nothing is actually sacred to you.

The person that used the art example tried to convey this, but was mocked instead. 

Things have value beyond money. Not a new concept.

You're feigning ignorance if you don't think the next round of tenet weapons will basically be the best in game for years to come. 

If they release a Tenet nikana or Tonfa or fists or dual sword or sword....I'm never touching anything in the game ever again.

I got 60 holokeys in less than 2 weeks not even trying. 

Basically what we're saying is you can wait and put the work in if you really want it that bad.

I hope DE doesn't cave on this issue because really good weapons should have value beyond me using my wallet.

100% totally down with Tenet tonfas. Actually the only corpus weapon I wanted DR to make was Ohma. Get on that DE. 

It's not that nothing is sacred, some of us (probably yourself included) have put in the time, effort and money and actually want the game to improve and grow. Despite all of the flaws I stilllove this game. I've put in work to bypass most content I find unenjoyable so I can get back to what I like. 

None of the new Tenet weapons are significantly better than the ridiculously overpowered options we already have. No new weapons are going to be game changing, it's just a new toy to play wit

9 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Source please?

Source: The comment I was replying to

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

"why should I play this, I'll be sitting in orbiter and buy everything" then what's the point of developers producing more content if no one will play it except a handful of players

Archived