Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, About Riven cap and Sorties.....

Thawfoot

A bit of a side note but I think the real story here is the guy still looking forward to running sorties, of all things, after having nothing else left to accomplish in the game. You'd think he would be deeeeeeeep down in some soul crushing kuva farming to reroll those 180 rivens!

10 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Better Idea , give Rivens a Railjack wreckage treatment .

Then you get riven it would sit as "unidentified" in your inventory and would not take up riven slots until you inspect it just like with Railjack wreckage . 

Yeah! This! Then I might actually play Sorties again... never liked having to do some spring cleaning just to launch a mission.

My biggest fear in Sorties: Getting a Riven. Wish those things were rarer rewards...

11 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

It is a tiring process, being penalized for having so much is counter fun.

But beware, someone will come out and tell you that you don't have to get every single riven like it is your fault and will boast that they only need so few to be great at the game. As if collecting items like rivens is not part of the game.

Haha, exactly.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Maybe an increase is due, but when it's appropriate?

Always. That's the problem with the system itself and there is no reason to put this problem on players' shoulders.
Especially, since the game doesn't have proper item management.

I have 60 rivens: ~30 are in use (i.e. riven is a part of some build), ~10 are up for sale and ~10 more are up for rolling/testing. This guesstimate tells me that I have ~10 rivens I don't need.
Question: how the hell am I supposed to find those 10 rivens?

Here's the thing:
It is easier to buy more space than to sift through all the stuff looking for unneeded items, and the more space you buy — the harder it is to sift.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Maybe an increase is due, but when it's appropriate? If the cap is raised now, when should it be raised again after that?

Capping items is silly. I wonder what people would thought when they had to pay for each mod slots (e.g. 10p for 100 normal, 10p for 10 legendary or whatever).

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I'm not against it, it's just realistically not gonna happen because riven horders don't get sympathy from anyone. Especially when DE already gave you guys help and increased the cap...2 times already, correct?

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if it happens though.

To be honest I don't see it happening as well not because people don't like "riven horders" but because DE isn't listening too much. "Recent" examples:

- Holokeys -> people asking for chance change - DE changes quantity; even chance for 100 holos per run is nothing when you get MANY runs without single holo

- Yareli - fixing 1st, allowing to mod 2nd & 3rd (range), change 4th (e.g. duration or some other effect) - DE just put some statuses and maybe increases few numbers

12 hours ago, Thawfoot said:

But if your over cap.. you cant run the sortie... meaning your missing out of .. "daily content" .. Would it be a major crime to change the way that works.. to be more like the Nightwave treament

Meaning if your over cap and get a riven its converted to endo, credits or what ever... dealers choice

It's not automated, but you can do this now.  Get your 181st riven, don't unveil, don't pass go--just dissolve.

Not that it's a perfect system by any means, but I like the way it works now better than your proposal.  Reason being, I get to choose how I handle that riven.  If it's a kitgun, I'm probably dissolving it.  If it's a pistol, maybe I unveil it if it's a challenge I like: if it turns out to be valuable, I can sell it quick or get rid of a different riven.   If it's a melee or rifle, maybe I do that, or maybe I sell it unveiled.    My choice, and I don't need the game to make that choice for me.

I agree that Rivens are dumb suck, but I think OP has a reasonable request.  I think @KitMeHarder's solution of treating new Rivens like Wreckage would probably be an ideal solution.

Even as someone who doesn't like or use Rivens myself, you end up accumulating them if you do Sorties, and the veiled Rivens have value (you can usually offload them for 20-30p), but I don't always have the time or desire to dive into trade chat.  Removing the "Riven micro-management" requirement from just wanting to play the daily Sortie seems like something that would help everyone.

32 minutes ago, FoxLove said:

Always. That's the problem with the system itself and there is no reason to put this problem on players' shoulders.
Especially, since the game doesn't have proper item management.

I have 60 rivens: ~30 are in use (i.e. riven is a part of some build), ~10 are up for sale and ~10 more are up for rolling/testing. This guesstimate tells me that I have ~10 rivens I don't need.
Question: how the hell am I supposed to find those 10 rivens?

Here's the thing:
It is easier to buy more space than to sift through all the stuff looking for unneeded items, and the more space you buy — the harder it is to sift.

I think it's already been explained they do it for server/space reasons. Not sure why they would lie about it though instead of just saying "in the future we'll raise the cap when appropriate".

Thanks for the input and your thought on rivens and how many i should have ect.....

This was more about blocked content because keeping at 179 -180  was what i was doing but after a log in cache and the 3 rivens that came with it... never mind the 3 slots i dont get

That put me over.. yet again.. and normally i would make some hard choices and melt them.

But i was think more of the idea of How ..in my opinion the game might be a little bit better?

I guess depending on where you are in your warframe journey  might dictate what you keep and what you get rid of... as i have about 90% of the weapons i made played with and i still have also  still have all my pets archwings k~drives mech and stuff.. that's how i want to play .. doesn't mean you have to play that way

But this was really about how sorties are handled with the riven cap thing .. and i think the railjack scrap idea is a great one

and also to get some input of how the game handles that..

rather then your thoughts on riven/s or how many i should use /have

for me i would rather have a lot of weapons to mess around with.. then 5 maybe meta ones.. but that just me

16 hours ago, Thawfoot said:

Thanks for the input and your thought on rivens and how many i should have ect.....

This was more about blocked content because keeping at 179 -180  was what i was doing but after a log in cache and the 3 rivens that came with it... never mind the 3 slots i dont get

That put me over.. yet again.. and normally i would make some hard choices and melt them.

But i was think more of the idea of How ..in my opinion the game might be a little bit better?

I guess depending on where you are in your warframe journey  might dictate what you keep and what you get rid of... as i have about 90% of the weapons i made played with and i still have also  still have all my pets archwings k~drives mech and stuff.. that's how i want to play .. doesn't mean you have to play that way

But this was really about how sorties are handled with the riven cap thing .. and i think the railjack scrap idea is a great one

and also to get some input of how the game handles that..

rather then your thoughts on riven/s or how many i should use /have

for me i would rather have a lot of weapons to mess around with.. then 5 maybe meta ones.. but that just me

If you weren't maxed you would have gotten the slots.

Many people move faster than video games can handle....because we're an incredibly capable animal. 

This is why people are constantly telling others to have patience. 

Do you think it's ok for me to use my work vacation.....play warframe non stop for a week straight....allowing me to progress much faster through the game.....reach a point where I've attained a lot of things....then complain that I've progressed too fast? 

It was my choice to speed through the game, but is it my choice to get mad when I hit a wall?

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Baron Kit said:

OP is objectively right.

Insane that you're literally just ranting and derailing about an argument they never made. (Bad take too! So congratulations!)

What's objectively right is the answer already given by DE since it's their game.

What's objectively right is checking people's unfettered greed.

Edit: and their random idiosyncrasies they feel the world is entitled to follow.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

What's objectively right is the answer already given by DE since it's their game.

What's objectively right is checking people's unfettered greed.

Edit: and their random idiosyncrasies they feel the world is entitled to follow.

What is wrong with you, get a grip. I hate rivens but concerning OPs topic they are right.

DE made this trash system, DE also makes bank, they can figure it out.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Baron Kit said:

What is wrong with you, get a grip. I hate rivens but concerning OPs topic they are right.

DE made this trash system, DE also makes bank, they can figure it out.

If it's trash then he should have no issue, in the meantime....getting rid of a trash riven.

Edit: They're probably also spending their bank on cross play and cross save, which is way more important than pleasing a small handful of people that can't make a quick decision.

Archived