Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence - Maybe im not enough of a salesman?

DreisterDino

Hey once again,

i guess no one here isnt aware that the Prime Resurgence is at least a highly controversial topic with lots of people being upset.

I was wondering if it couldnt have been so easy to make this a huge success instead.

Just a few things upfront:

• the prices got raised. Thats a fact. And of course its every company's right to do so. Some people find reasons to justify this, other are highly upset about it. Some people are overreacting, but the fact that there is such a huge outcry shows that something went horribly wrong. I mean, even Youtubers who are rarely critical at all like tactical potato criticize it.
  • the communication from DE's side was really bad. There are many people which are confused about the fact that most of the stuff can be bought for money only. You might think its stupid to expect that you can farm stuff which never could be farmed before, but the amount of people confused proves that DE did a really bad job communicating.
  • the Dev-Workshop (once again) is a joke. At this point i dont get why DE creates Dev-Workshops if they dont really plan to change anything. This fuels the hate if you pretend that you want to have feedback only to then say that "oh well, we dont have time to change anything now, but hey, your feedback is vital". The word Workshop implies that something is still in the making, and that you want to create it together with the people participating in the Workshop. If thats not the case, just make an announcement, you'll get feedback anyway.

With that out of the way, lets come to my point.

I am pretty sure that this so called "event" could have been a huge success instead if they had chosen to lower the prices instead.

Black Friday is around the corner, why not make this some sort of Black Friday Event (with the same duration like now) and offer these items at a cheaper price as usual?

Lets not talk about how certain items get more expensive before black friday only to discount them then, thats a different story.

Still, you all know the images of people going completly crazy over it rushing into the stores.

And even if an item is highly discounted, companies make profit by the sheer amount of sales they generate.

And thats the case for real items where each single unit has a production cost, on digital items there is no production cost tied to each single item.

In the case of prime accessories, these are often items existing for years, each sale you generate today is basically raw profit.

How would this "Event" look like if DE decided to lower the prices (not even by crazy amounts, just a slight decrease in price which makes this an obvious better deal would be enough)?

• new players (who were waiting for certain PA's) would happily spend money
  • old players (who maybe were hesitant because of the original price) might finally buy stuff they wouldnt have bought before
  • youtubers would tell people "buy now, it has never been this cheap" instead of creating videos telling people to wait until the deal might get better
  • DE would generate a lot of sales from many different people (they couldnt reach before)
  • the Prime Resurgence could become an Event people are really looking forward to, only waiting to throw their money at DE

At least thats my prediction.

But like i said in the headline, maybe i am not enough of a salesman and all this doesnt matter, the bad PR is irrelevant and people will buy it anyway.

I personally am one of those who doesnt care at all about this "Event" now. I have spent some money on the game, but i will never buy PA's or the accessories packs because i cant justify the price for some digital cosmetics to myself. If it was like i described above, this might be different, because undeniably, lots of the accessoires simply look awesome.

3 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

There are many people which are confused about the fact that most of the stuff can be bought for money only.

This doesn't sound right...🤔

The Real Money Exclusive Items are mostly just The Prime Accessories... I only saw 3 of Those among the 6 Other Primed Items that can be acquired with Regular Aya and RNG....

5 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

You might think its stupid to expect that you can farm stuff which never could be farmed before, but the amount of people confused proves that DE did a really bad job communicating.

I keep Telling DE... Use the God Damn Inbox to explain these things... It's the one place where every player literally can not Avoid seeing it....

Not Everyone visits the Forums or looks at the News Console in the Orbiter... Hell some people don't even read the Details on the Launcher.... But EVERYBODY has an in game Inbox and they just don't use it for some reason...

All they did for this event was to tell people to go to Maroo's Bazaar.... 😐.... Wasted Opportunity.

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

the communication from DE's side was really bad.

I think this is the root cause of the drama. If DE had informed us about it earlier then perhaps they would have had time to adjust prices or add some platinum to some packs. Now it's too late, and if they decide to run the event again they will probably implement the feedback, but now we are stuck without changes and who knows when or if the event will run again.

It's not like they came up with the idea last week, it must have been in works for months considering they probably had to negotiate with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo regarding the deals.

What is surprising is a similar situation has already happened once with prime vault. People were unhappy they weren't able to buy accessories separately and after some drama they decided to change things and asked players what price they would be willing to pay for accessories. Makes me wonder why they didn't ask us this time what prices of regal aya we would be interested in or whether or not platinum should be included.

The biggest issue is that Regal Aya is a front door to Warframe milking players for more and more money just because they can.

If at the very least you could trade Regal Aya, then players could trade them for platinum, but at the same time... Regal Aya being exclusively obtainable with irl $$$, tradeable or not, already eliminates the value of platinum as anyone who would have bought regal aya to sell for platinum would have gotten more platinum by just buying platinum directly because of how expensive RA is.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lutesque:

The Real Money Exclusive Items are mostly just The Prime Accessories... I only saw 3 of Those among the 6 Other Primed Items that can be acquired with Regular Aya and RNG....

What i mean is that when you scroll through the shop, besides a few items on the bottom everything costs regal aya.

Like i said, thats what many people are confused/upset about. Doesnt mean they are right/wrong, its just how it is.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Genitive:

What is surprising is a similar situation has already happened once with prime vault. People were unhappy they weren't able to buy accessories separately and after some drama they decided to change things and asked players what price they would be willing to pay for accessories. Makes me wonder why they didn't ask us this time what prices of regal aya we would be interested in or whether or not platinum should be included.

Thats what baffles me aswell.

This could have been everything the playerbase asked for (buying just the items they want for a decent price). I at least get the impression that they were never interested in actual feedback expecting people to simply be hyped when they created the Workshop. And now they are confused or even angry like "why dont they love this? why do they always find something to criticize? We allow them to buy all this and they complain??"

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

What i mean is that when you scroll through the shop, besides a few items on the bottom everything costs regal aya.

Like i said, thats what many people are confused/upset about. Doesnt mean they are right/wrong, its just how it is.

I think my greater concern is you loaded that Statement so that people would genuinely believe that most Items require Real Money when they really don't...

If you have some sort of Agenda it's probably better to say what it is outright instead of secretly Bending Words to make the truth less "Truthy"....

52 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Just a few things upfront:

• the prices got raised. Thats a fact. And of course its every company's right to do so. Some people find reasons to justify this, other are highly upset about it. Some people are overreacting, but the fact that there is such a huge outcry shows that something went horribly wrong. I mean, even Youtubers who are rarely critical at all like tactical potato criticize it.
  • the communication from DE's side was really bad. There are many people which are confused about the fact that most of the stuff can be bought for money only. You might think its stupid to expect that you can farm stuff which never could be farmed before, but the amount of people confused proves that DE did a really bad job communicating.
  • the Dev-Workshop (once again) is a joke. At this point i dont get why DE creates Dev-Workshops if they dont really plan to change anything. This fuels the hate if you pretend that you want to have feedback only to then say that "oh well, we dont have time to change anything now, but hey, your feedback is vital". The word Workshop implies that something is still in the making, and that you want to create it together with the people participating in the Workshop. If thats not the case, just make an announcement, you'll get feedback anyway.
  • i haven't done the math about first one but i can understand it,
  • i'm definitely a victim of the second one,
  • and i can understand the third one although i stopped caring about dev workshop's significance a long time ago.

all in all, at the end of the day prime resurgence is just an overly glorified new in-game shop.
i don't know why DE bothered to actually crafted a whole new lore for this new salesman (i never even know what is darvo's or maroo's deal),
calling it an "event" also sent a lot of players the wrong idea. if they didn't minced their words and just said "yo we sell stuff" like they always do with prime access and prime unvaulting, i think we won't see as much buthurt players as we're seeing right now,

and lastly: basically this is just the old prime vault, but with shorter rotation, and you get to choose the items a la carte. aside from the price, THOSE ARE ACTUALLY GOOD.
why bother with all the smoke and mirrors, new salesman and festivities, which in the end misled a lot of players to believe that this update to be more than what it is.

if only they went with "yo tenno,

we make changes to prime vault, it'll rotate every 2 weeks instead of 4 months now so you don't have to wait until you're old to get mag and ash.
oh also you can buy items individually a la carte so you don't have to buy a whole bundle that you don't want.
also sorry for the inconvenience but the a la carte items will be slightly more expensive. you know how it goes a la carte are always more expensive even in restaurants or supermarkets.

cheers tenno, we love you,

DE.

*please buy a lot of them so we can feed our families"

i personally would've been so much cooler with that.

Gerade eben schrieb Lutesque:

I think my greater concern is you loaded that Statement so that people would genuinely believe that most Items require Real Money when they really don't...

If you have some sort of Agenda it's probably better to say what it is outright instead of secretly Bending Words to make the truth less "Truthy"....

Oh lutesque 😄 No reason to assume i have an agenda, and i am not bending words.

I just summed up the situtation. Just look around the forum, ingame, youtube, doesnt matter.

And if you just look at the shop, the majority of the items can only be bought for regal aya (38 regal aya, 9 aya, 5 of those are relics)

This is simply what people are confused about and everything i stated.

56 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

the communication from DE's side was really bad. There are many people which are confused about the fact that most of the stuff can be bought for money only. You might think its stupid to expect that you can farm stuff which never could be farmed before, but the amount of people confused proves that DE did a really bad job communicating.

DE aren't bad at communicating. Like, they have their devstreams and their dev workshops, and over the years have made a lot of things really really clear. The dev workshop made what Prime Resurgence is abundantly clear from the get-go, as did the patch notes.

Communication requires that people actually listen, and frankly speaking, a lot of people in the Warframe community do not seem to want to do that. I have seen it over and over again.

DE are far from a perfect company, but we are far from a perfect community either.

16 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Oh lutesque 😄 No reason to assume i have an agenda, and i am not bending words.

I remain Skeptical 🧐

17 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And if you just look at the shop, the majority of the items can only be bought for regal aya (38 regal aya, 9 aya, 5 of those are relics)

I'm well aware of what the shop looks like.... But this doesn't change the Fact that the event doesn't consist mostly of Real Money Items.... 

Like you... DE used a loaded interface to make it seem the event was Mostly just Real Money....

And it's not the first time they've done this either.... Remember back when the option to Buy a Warframe's Blueprint with Credits was tucked all the way behind an almost invisible Seperate Tab when the Platinum Option was dead centre right on the Front Page.... This is basically that all over again.... However despite that I still wouldn't say most Warframes can only be Bought with Platinum because that wasn't the truth.

22 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

This is simply what people are confused about and everything i stated.

Hence Why I believe you're using a simple Crappy Interface Problem to start your own Personal Campaign against Digital Extremes 🧐...

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

DE aren't bad at communicating. Like, they have their devstreams and their dev workshops, and over the years have made a lot of things really really clear. The dev workshop made what Prime Resurgence is abundantly clear from the get-go, as did the patch notes.

Communication requires that people actually listen, and frankly speaking, a lot of people in the Warframe community do not seem to want to do that. I have seen it over and over again.

DE are far from a perfect company, but we are far from a perfect community either.

I think communication in this case could have been handled better, as in we could have been informed about the event earlier. Of course, there could have been behind-the-scenes issues that prevented DE from telling us about the new event early, but now we have this unpleasant situation.

That being said, I don't think it is as serious as people make it out to be. Certainly not a scam or an evil scheme some people make it out to be. I don't think regal aya is worth the cost currently, but the whole event is pretty transparent.

It also seems that people here are under the wrong impression that dev workshops are for collecting feedback. For as long as I remember DE would post a workshop about something, release it, and then change it based on feedback. There probably were cases where they would change something earlier, but I don't remember.

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

It also seems that people here are under the wrong impression that dev workshops are for collecting feedback. For as long as I remember DE would post a workshop about something, release it, and then change it based on feedback. There probably were cases where they would change something earlier, but I don't remember.

I made a thread about this once; I think a simple name change could fix people's misconception about that.

It's shortened to dev workshop so in people's heads they think of it as "development" workshop and think DE is looking for big changes to workshop with us.

But it is actually a developer workshop, as in the developers workshopped stuff and now they are giving us a sneak peak. They aren't looking for major changes. 

I really, really think the major issue here is that folks need to adjust their expectations. Prime Resurgence is not "All the old Primes for cheap! You can have them today!" It is "If you are missing a Prime item, now is your chance to pick it up again. You can purchase it outright, or you can acquire a few of the relics containing it now, and for the next two months relic shares for those items will be easier because others will be doing the same thing."

That much is very clear to me, and was the moment I read the dev workshop. This is not a giveaway, this is a second chance event.

32 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

i agree. DE aren't bad at communicating.
reb is the best community manager i've seen in my gaming career. she's the equivalent of that dude who worked for pepsi, beat coca cola with their ad campaign, then steve jobs saw and recruit for apple, then the dude kicked steve jobs out of apple. if one day i be head of a game studio, i want her as my community manager.

the messages was intentionally confusing.

the confusing messages is very typical of every other freemium game devs. since p2w is always less than f2p, game devs want these majority of people to not able to make decision, so people have to check the merch on the spot, if a customer is already on the spot, you're already halfway to make the sales.

and that's what actually make me sad. i know warframe mobile is on the way, but DE is already acting like a true mobile gaming devs with this stunt.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

DE could've come round our houses, sat down with us over a cup of tea and discussed everything about resurgence and there'd still be people with the wrong idea.

actually if DE come round our houses, sat down with me over a cup of tea and discussed everything about resurgence i would have absolutely no problem with this update.

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I made a thread about this once; I think a simple name change could fix people's misconception about that.

It's shortened to dev workshop so in people's heads they think of it as "development" workshop and think DE is looking for big changes to workshop with us.

But it is actually a developer workshop, as in the developers workshopped stuff and now they are giving us a sneak peak. They aren't looking for major changes. 

i immediately remember your thread when i read the stuff that OP wrote here.

and yeah nowadays i mainly watch dev workshop for news. and for the drops, ain't gonna be ashamed about it.

=============

@OP: sorry mate you got the bad draw of the straw.

a thread's faith is determined by luck as well. couple first commenters can influence how the rest of the comments would go.

you can come to my thread, it's on the same page. and people there are generally more empathetic to people who are currently facing disappointment, as long as you're not being a b     about it.
no haters no white knights, just regular equal gamers pouring their hearts out.

26 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I think communication in this case could have been handled better, as in we could have been informed about the event earlier.

But we were... Weren't we ?

I disctinctly remember seeing "When Aya" 50 Billion Times in both Region and Q&A Chat channels for Days on end so obviously people were aware of the event.... quite frankly it was beginning to get Irritating but thankfully I didn't Snap at anyone for asking a simple Question... The Self Control was difficult !!!

30 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I honestly don't know what they are for.... But I will tell you some of them get locked pretty fast... Understandably ofcourse 😉 Some Tenno can't control themselves.

27 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I really, really think the major issue here is that folks need to adjust their expectations. Prime Resurgence is not "All the old Primes for cheap! You can have them today!" It is "If you are missing a Prime item, now is your chance to pick it up again. You can purchase it outright, or you can acquire a few of the relics containing it now, and for the next two months relic shares for those items will be easier because others will be doing the same thing."

Basically it's just another Unvaulting.... Which would explain why everything about it feels so familiar... The Bounties... The RNG... The Salt... It's literally nothing we haven't seen before in previous Unvaultings... The only genuinely new thing is the fact that ALL the Warframe's are coming out of The Vault... Except for 4 of them but we already have a Bunch of their Relics already.😝. Other than that...it's the same....

Or maybe that's where the problem is... People were expecting it not to be the same 🤔...

Just now, Lutesque said:

Basically it's just another Unvaulting.... Which would explain why everything about it feels so familiar... The Bounties... The RNG... The Salt... It's literally nothing we haven't seen before in previous Unvaultings... The only genuinely new thing is the fact that ALL the Warframe's are coming out of The Vault... Except for 4 of them but we already have a Bunch of their Relics already.😝. Other than that...it's the same....

The other new thing is the clarity of exactly WHEN anything happens.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Not really

Yes it makes sense that the accessories can only be obtained with real money, like it was with each Prime Access, but DE didn't specify anything; they told us "All prime stuff will be here, including the Warframes, weapons, & accessories. You can get them by farming Aya or by buying Regal Aya", nothing was directly said about the accessories being locked behind real money

2 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

How could they have made it any clearer? They had a crystal clear "Resurgence" site along with a crystal clear thread about it. And I'm not even a native english speaker nor is my language available on the site.

I'm honestly massively shocked by how many have failed to understand the info.

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But we were... Weren't we ?

Oh no, I meant earlier. Dev workshop was posted at the beginning of November, slightly over 2 weeks before the event started. What I would like to see is having at least a month notice. Again, we don't know what happens behind the scenes, but the earlier we are allowed to share our opinion the more likely DE are to implement changes without delaying anything.

3 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Yes it makes sense that the accessories can only be obtained with real money, like it was with each Prime Access, but DE didn't specify anything; they told us "All prime stuff will be here, including the Warframes, weapons, & accessories. You can get them by farming Aya or by buying Regal Aya", nothing was directly said about the accessories being locked behind real money

But that's not true, is it? From the workshop:

On 2021-11-02 at 8:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

What requires Aya vs. Regal Aya to purchase? And why?

All of Varzia’s wares maintain their previous acquisition methods. If something was purchase-only via Prime Vault, it will appear in her shop as such (Prime Accessories for example) and will require Regal Aya to purchase. While others that have been previously released through a free-path method, will maintain that as well using free-path Aya

13 minutes ago, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

The other new thing is the clarity of exactly WHEN anything happens.

I forgot about that 😁...

10 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

It was.... But only for the people who read the Developers Work Shop FAQ... I knew 5 Days in advanced that Prime Accessories were off the Table.... Why else would Regal Aya exist ? 😱

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm honestly massively shocked by how many have failed to understand the info.

Well.... We should ask them exactly what they were doing when all this was going on.... Perhaps it genuinely was Easy to Miss 😱.

8 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Oh no, I meant earlier. Dev workshop was posted at the beginning of November, slightly over 2 weeks before the event started. What I would like to see is having at least a month notice. Again, we don't know what happens behind the scenes, but the earlier we are allowed to share our opinion the more likely DE are to implement changes without delaying anything.

I thought 2 Weeks was plenty of Time.... Where they went wrong I think is where they decided to explain this information... Not how long it was up for... 🤔...

One thing that's also important to remember is that you got platinum in those other accessory packs, but you also had to wait months or years for them to show up. 

I had to wait over a year and a half for the zephyr prime stuff to come back because I wasn't even playing the game when it was last released. So I got some platinum at that time.....but I also had to wait over a year for the Commadore suit. I've already made 10x that platinum I got from that accessory pack since then. 

With this stuff there's no waiting a year for your cosmetic to come around. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

One thing that's also important to remember is that you got platinum in those other accessory packs, but you also had to wait months or years for them to show up. 

I had to wait over a year and a half for the zephyr prime stuff to come back because I wasn't even playing the game when it was last released. So I got some platinum at that time.....but I also had to wait over a year for the Commadore suit. I've already made 10x that platinum I got from that accessory pack since then. 

With this stuff there's no waiting a year for your cosmetic to come around. 

And they were in pre-made bundles.

I understand that plat is missing, but the $40 I spend on RA will get me more of what I want than prime accessories was ever able to provide due to bundles including things I didnt want. 

I can get the Mesa helm, a couple noggles, a sigils, armor set I like..and no wasted money value on sugatras or  distillers. My money goes much further with this event. 

Yes, I'm missing "400plat" but I can make that in a weekend with a few trades in game. It's simply not a deciding factor for me  

That's just my view on it. I never bought prime access for the plat. I never thought "these cosmetics aren't worth $20, but since 200 plat is included it's all good"

It's all overpriced digital goods anyway you look at it. I understand the feedback, I don't get the outrage.

21 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I thought 2 Weeks was plenty of Time.... Where they went wrong I think is where they decided to explain this information... Not how long it was up for... 🤔...

Usually, yes. But they made a post where they explained it was too late to make changes to prices since the event is live. If they had made the workshop in, let's say, October then perhaps they would have had the time to either adjust prices or add bonus platinum to the regal aya packs. Then, players wouldn't be so upset about the packs being of lower value than they had been previously. We don't know for sure, but it would be better than "these are the prices, we will adjust them next time but not sure when".

Archived