Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence - Maybe im not enough of a salesman?

DreisterDino

Prime access has always followed a predictable formula. Its always been the new prime frame, 2 new weapons, some boosters, and like 2600 plat.

Accessories has always been predictable too.

I see this stuff and i dont know if its a better or worse value but i really destest how they've suddenly created a new Fun Bucks system. Im fine with stuff costing dollars instead of plat but having to convert dollars into funbucks to play the psychological game of "not spending real money" and not being able to necessarily buy the incriments i need and the dollar amount per funbuck being different off scale just seems like an unnecessary gotcha headache. 

And yes I realize plat is "fun bucks" too but those are tradeable and can be farmed from trade chat without coughing up money.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Everyone is saying "thanks DE", and someone even posted a picture of them buying the most expensive pack (with personal details obscured). 

It's a huge PR win and sales win for DE. 

PR win? It may look like a PR win on the surface, but in reality it's DE trying to salvage a PR disaster of their own creation. Again. A PR win would have been addressing this on Friday, or Monday, or Tuesday, instead of being forced to act by persistent player outrage and bad PR.

And #*!% yeah I bought the most expensive pack now that it's actually worth what you pay for it. Now it's a fantastic deal. Which is what it should've been from the start.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

PR win? It may look like a PR win on the surface, but in reality it's DE trying to salvage a PR disaster of their own creation. Again. A PR win would have been addressing this on Friday, or Monday, or Tuesday, instead of being forced to act by persistent player outrage and bad PR.

And #*!% yeah I bought the most expensive pack now that it's actually worth what you pay for it. Now it's a fantastic deal. Which is what it should've been from the start.

I intend to buy the full pack myself actually. 

I guess I understand how it looks to some people, but from someone who works in customer service, I can see their perspective as well, and considering how messy the rollout is going to be technically, I can actually believe them when they say they didn't think they could do it at first this time. They've been trying to find a way to ghetto-rig it behind the scenes and they let us know as soon as they figured out they actually could. I don't think they wanted to promise anything to start with. 

Yes, there was a partial PR loss here, in that they should never have released them without plat to begin with and that was simply a huge strategic error that greatly misjudged what we value in packs, but I think they spun it well and most people seem to be in a good mood. 

16 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

But if they did this Monday, would you have people "opening their wallets" in exuberance over the change? Or would it have just been a bunch of griping over drop rates and RA being a new currency? The forums were going to explode over something no matter what. 

This is totally a PR win. The event was already successful, and then they created another purchasing boon, while also getting to say "they listen to conductive feedback" 

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I guess I understand how it looks to some people, but from someone who works in customer service, I can see their perspective as well, and considering how messy the rollout is going to be technically, I can actually believe them when they say they didn't think they could do it at first this time. They've been trying to find a way to ghetto-rig it behind the scenes and they let us know as soon as they figured out they actually could. I don't think they wanted to promise anything to start with. 

And I work in the games industry, so I totally understand their perspective over the technical aspects. But that doesn't make the right answer "no, we're not gonna do anything", the right answer was what they gave today: "we understand, we're going to make it right". There's no technical reason they wouldn't have been able to fix this later. Especially when this was all a matter of giving new customers the same value for their money as previous customers.

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yes, there was a partial PR loss here, in that they should never have released them without plat to begin with and that was simply a huge strategic error that greatly misjudged what we value in packs, but I think they spun it well and most people seem to be in a good mood. 

20 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is totally a PR win. The event was already successful, and then they created another purchasing boon, while also getting to say "they listen to conductive feedback" 

We'll have to see how it gets remembered in the future. The perspective ranges from "DE listened" to "DE was stubborn again and had to be forced to act again".

But if they did this Monday, would you have people "opening their wallets" in exuberance over the change?

Considering that's literally what I did when I heard the news, yes. Like I told you the other day, I'm squarely in the "it's a matter of principles" camp. You and I are in a privileged enough economic position where the actual price tag isn't an issue or consideration, and as such my wallet is now open again. Who knows, now that the value is there I might buy another $80 pack.

Or would it have just been a bunch of griping over drop rates and RA bring a new currency? The forums were going to explode over something no matter what. 

Drop rate concerns aside (I haven't bothered to farm any and have no opinion yet), concerns over RA being a new currency, Tencent conspiracy, etc. remain as insignificant (maybe the wrong word, illegitimate? minor?) today as they were on Thursday. I would hope you're able to separate the concerns people have and recognize them individually. Conspiracies are conspiracies. Prime Access/Vault cosmetics have never been purchasable for plat or earned for free. RA being a new currency is no different than being able to build a custom Prime Vault pack on their website, it's just ingame. But concerns over pricing, which you spent the last 5 days trying to minimize and deflect, were and remain completely legitimate concerns that have now been addressed.

Mmmm. Quite literally the only thing I want from the Prime offerings there is the Saita Prime operator armour, anyway, which I believe would only cost one Regal Aya? Might pick up a three pack, and see if there's anything else that I've missed. All the functional gear, I already have, so it's purely prime cosmetics that I might not.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Agent_CHAR:

DE has to tread a careful balancing act with the price of this event in comparison to the ongoing price of buying prime accessories.  So lets say they cut the prices here by 50% and made all this stuff now a screaming hot deal.  I'm a smart paying consumer... am I going to fork out full price 2 months from now on the next prime accessories?  Hell no.  I'm going to bank my cash until the stuff I want comes back in some later resurgence deal at 50%.

If it would be 50%, this is true, yes. But like i said "not even by crazy amounts, just a slight decrease in price which makes this an obvious better deal would be enough"

And if thats the case, there are many factors coming together which will lead to people buying the "normal" PA's aswell.

The No.1 for the most part will be that consumers often dont want to wait for a better deal, especially if they dont know exactly when it happens. For example, Steam does discounts all the time, literally. Still enough people buy stuff for the normal price (or even preorder) although everyone knows that there will be a chance to get it cheaper. This is the same for basically everything you can buy: prices vary, and you could always wait for a better deal, but sometimes you simply want it now 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, they changed the value now. Thats good.

If you want to believe them regarding their reasoning why though, everyone has to decide that for themselves.

I am not really buying all this "our intentions were always good, we simply didnt understand your needs" stuff.

Zitat

[DE] Danielle: We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum.

Ok then, it took them 8 years to understand that players actually value Platinum. Seriously, just lol.

I am only around for a few years, and i honestly dont know how often i have read or heard something like "PA's are worthwhile because of the Plat it comes with" or "I mostly buy PA's because of the Plat, i dont really need the other stuff and could farm it anyway". As if they have never read the Chat in any Stream or have read any post in the forum. But ok, cool that you have learned the lesson. Lets see if they are able to memorize that in the future or if we have to remind them again.

And then, these 2 statements dont really go well together:

Zitat

[DE] Danielle: Our intentions were always good monetization

Zitat

[DE] Danielle after Plat addition: These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault

So they were able to add Plat without changing the price. And only after the addition it matches the value of the Prime Vault.

Obviously this means it has been a worse deal before. And they havent been able to calculate that: missing plat=missing value?

Keep in mind they had removed lines like the "the value of this is 1:1 with PA's" after people pointed out that its not the case.

Zitat

[DE] Danielle: We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings

Nice wording. They wanted only the best for us but now its us who want overlapping currencies.

No one asked them to add another premium currency, they simply could have added the stuff with normal price tags, just like Tennogen for example.

They are developers who are in business for a long time now, they are not stupid. They know exactly why they added this new currency.

People should know that there are psychological reasons in F2P games for this, obviously DE doesnt name them.

To quote a response from me taken from the Workshop:

Spoiler

They explained that in the FAQ. (items which prior have been purchaseable with real money only shall remain real-money items, and plat can be traded for)

Well, you might ask now "why not just put real money prices there?", and that is probably a legit question.

Answer is pretty simple though, this is a basic F2P-Game Design practice to hide real prices of items.

It has psychological effects like: "oh, it costs only 1 Regal Aya" instead of "hm, 7$ seems alot"

Besides that, it often is designed in a way that players who once bought that currency are encouraged to buy it again.

Because oftentimes, after buying what you want you have some leftover currency because you either couldnt or didnt want to spend it on something else.

And then its like "hm, better buy some more to get something else i want so this leftover currency isnt wasted"

It simply is one step more to do the math on what you are actually spending, i mean, just look at this 😅

Spoiler

How does Pack pricing compare to Prime Vault? 

Regal Aya Pack prices are valued as closely as possible with what you could get before in the Prime Vault Packs (keeping in mind that Bundles will always have the best Regal Aya value vs. individual purchases). That was a major priority when determining the exchange of Regal Aya to premium purchases in Varzia’s shop. 

Let’s get into the specifics and price breakdowns (using USD as reference):

Taking the current Nyx Prime and Rhino Prime Vault pricing: 

• The Rhino Prime and Nyx Prime individual packs = 39.99 USD
  • The Rhino Prime and Nyx Prime individual Accessories Pack = 19.99 USD
  • The Dual Rhino Prime and Nyx Prime pack = 59.99 USD

Each individual item has the following Regal Aya values: 

• Prime Warframe = 3 Regal Aya
  • Prime Weapon = 2 Regal Aya
  • Prime Accessories vary based on size and type, with the values potentially being: 
    • Prime Accessory = 1 Regal Aya
    • Prime Syandanas* = 2 Regal Aya

Nov. 12th - Update on Prime Accessories Price Adjustments: 

Zitat

Update Nov. 12th

We have made a change to some Regal Aya item prices - our original intentions were to base prices on the best Regal Aya value per dollar but players have correctly pointed out things should match the Prime Vault Accessories as closely as possible within the new event structure when it comes to the Cosmetics involved. That feedback went into the following changes:

Prime Accessories that were previously valued at 3 Regal Aya have been changed to 2 Regal Aya. This includes:

• Prime Armor Sets
  • Prime Operator Accessories and the Saita Prime Suit
  • Kavasa Kubrow Prime Set

And for added transparency on specific Regal Aya values per item: 

• Prime Syandanas = 2 Regal Aya
  • Prime Sugatras = 1 Regal Aya 
  • Prime Sigils = 1 Regal Aya 
  • Prime Sentinel Accessories = 1 Regal Aya 
  • Prime Liset Skin & Decoration = 1 Regal Aya 
  • Prime Extractors & Blueprints = 1 Regal Aya 

We do want to make a point of saying that not all accessories combinations will equal the exact pricing of a traditional Prime Vault Accessories Pack. Item combination is at player discretion since every Prime Vault item will be available for individual selection. The accompanying Warframes in rotations have varying accessory types and amounts. The Nekros Prime accessories, for example, has the Uru Prime Syandana (2 Regal Aya) and the Acanthus Prime Armor Set (2 Regal Aya) for a total of 4 Regal Aya if purchased together through Prime Resurgence. While others, such as the Nova Prime pack with the Edo Prime Armor Set (2 Regal Aya) and the Verlorum Prime Sigil (1 Regal Aya), maintain the 3 Regal Aya to one Prime Accessories Pack value. 

We would be remiss if we were unaware of the reasons for the popularity of Prime Accessories Packs, the biggest being the inclusion of bonus Platinum. To quote from the Workshop; “We simply cannot justify or reason with having players pay for one premium currency to purchase another.” But we understand that Platinum increases the value of the packs for players. While those differences in value vary between Prime Vault Packs and Prime Resurgence rotations, our intent is to establish a happy medium by offering all of the scheduled primed Accessories over several months (with the freedom to purchase individual items). Individual Primed Accessories give players more choice - a new and far more flexible approach to Prime Accessories access. Instead of waiting for a Primed Accessory to become available through a single Prime Vault rotation, you now have the option to hand-pick your favorites from several. 

With the decrease of 3 to 2 Regal Aya for a handful of Accessories, that freedom of choice is increased that much more for players to determine that value where they see fit! The full schedule of rotations (and the Prime Accessories for those rotations) is available in the Workshop FAQ above, so that you can plan your future Regal Aya purchases if you choose to do so!

As stated in the Workshop, we will be intently watching for feedback during and after the event has run and will be reviewing data for future decision making (in the event that we choose to continue with Prime Resurgence.)

Thank you, Tenno!

Expand   Expand  

A Single Prime Warframe Bundle in Prime Resurgence is valued at 6 Regal Aya and includes: 

• 1x Prime Warframe (3 Regal Aya)
  • 2x Prime Weapons (4 Regal Aya)
    • So you are getting a 1 Regal Aya discount. 
  • 10k Endo (Bonus!) 

A Dual Prime Warframe Bundle in Prime Resurgence is valued at 10 Regal Aya and includes: 

• 2x Prime Warframe (6 Regal Aya) 
  • 4x Prime Weapons (8 Regal Aya)
    • So you are getting a 4 Regal Aya discount. 
  • 50k Endo (Bonus!) 

*And each pack includes its own collection of accessories. 

There are 3 Regal Aya packs available for purchase: 

• Regal Aya x3 = 19.99 USD
  • Regal Aya x7 = 39.99 USD
    • Getting the value of 6 Regal Aya when purchasing two of the x3 pack, with a bonus Regal Aya.
  • Regal Aya x15 = 79.99 USD
    • Getting the value of 14 Regal Aya when purchasing two of the x7 pack, with a bonus Regal Aya.

Meaning Regal Aya values equals to the same in the current Vault pricing:

• Purchasing a Prime Accessory Set = 3 Regal Aya or 19.99 USD
    • The same as most individual Accessories Packs. 
      • Note that this varies for some Prime Accessory Bundles, require 4 Regal Aya (ex. Nekros Prime Accessories) 

• Purchasing a Prime Warframe individual pack = 6 Regal Aya or 39.99 USD 
    • The same as an individual Prime Vault Pack with the added 1 Regal Aya bonus if you purchase the x7 Regal Aya pack. 
  • Purchasing a Dual Prime Pack = 10 Regal Aya or 79.99 USD 
    • The same as a Dual Prime Vault Pack with the added 5 Regal Aya bonus if you purchase the x15 Regal Aya pack. 

Pretty long text just to compare the price before/after, isnt it?

Anyway, guess its a good thing enough people complained.

I still think the biggest faceplant with the event is the standard Aya drop rates. 

Personally I would have just replaced all the relic drops with Aya and changed the relic prices in Aya to reflect the relics rarity. EG 1 Aya for a common, 2 for uncommon, 3 for rare. Along with adding a tab on the NPC that had all of the current relics for players to select through in the event that they weren't interested in the current vaulted selection.

Instead of having Aya compete with current relic drops which results in it's poor drop rate exacerbating players negative feelings (warranted or not) towards Regal Aya. 

Admittedly I haven't really looked at the conversion rate for the Regal Aya but I had heard something about all the Noggles collectively costing like $75 which seems a bit on the extreme side to me. 

Just now, Oreades said:

Admittedly I haven't really looked at the conversion rate for the Regal Aya but I had heard something about all the Noggles collectively costing like $75 which seems a bit on the extreme side to me. 

With how many noggles there are it works out to like 5 bucks per noggle and you can buy them ala cart as desired.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

16 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

With how many noggles there are it works out to like 5 bucks per noggle and you can buy them ala cart as desired.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Ehhh $5 seems like more than I'd pay but not enough for me to be worked up over, doesn't hurt that I'm not huge into noggle collecting. Like I said I don't really think the problem significantly stems from the Regal Aya but from the abysmal l drop rates of the normal Aya. 

Still $75 was enough of a sticker shock to commit it to memory. 

Personally speaking I probably would have put the Noggles in with standard Aya pool. One could argue that they where originally part of the prime bundles but I don't recall them ever being advertised as part of the bundle. They where always kind of an afterthought that was more of a "free with" that came out weeks if not months after the prime bundles and just kinda showed up in your mail.

They could have been just a fun side thing which would have fit their spirit since the get go. Assuming that the low standard Aya droprate ever got addressed. 

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Ehhh $5 seems like more than I'd pay but not enough for me to be worked up over, doesn't hurt that I'm not huge into noggle collecting. Like I said I don't really think the problem significantly stems from the Regal Aya but from the abysmal l drop rates of the normal Aya. 

Still $75 was enough of a sticker shot to commit it to memory. 

Personally speaking I probably would have put the Noggles in with standard Aya pool. One could argue that they where originally part of the prime bundles but I don't recall them ever being advertised as part of the bundle. They where always kind of an afterthought that was more of a "free with" that came out weeks if not months after the prime bundles and just kinda showed up in your mail.

Meh. The way I look at the noggles is that unless DE does a bad, Warframes purchased through Regal Aya will still get you the free prime noggle at christmastime. 

And most F2P path people don't buy noggles in the first place. 

So those people buying them are likely just filling in a hole or two in their noggle collection, not buying a whole bunch. And the way the bonus aya is designed it is easy to get enough aya for a couple warframe or for a warframe + weapons pack and just use the "extra" for a noggle or something that you are missing from a frame you WON'T be buying, but have already got through farming as a prime. 

For an ala cart item that most people probably won't be buying more than 1-3 of, I just don't see it as too high. Would I pay for it? Nope. But I would never pay or a noggle for any price. If I get them as a bonus cool, otherwise idc. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Meh. The way I look at the noggles is that unless DE does a bad, Warframes purchased through Regal Aya will still get you the free prime noggle at christmastime. 

They would have needed to be upfront about that or they'll have a bunch of people angry who shelled out for both and then ended up with a "free" duplicate noggle of something they spent Regal Aya for randomly down the road.

I mean it's nice that DE finally, eventually did the right thing, but their response pattern to this shows that they really haven't improved at all. Rather than admit obvious mistakes immediately, they lie, they dissemble, they make excuses, before finally being bullied into telling the truth and needing to come out with a mea culpa release and a promise to do better.

I guess it could be worse. The fact that DE responds and changes things at all due to community feedback is something of a rarity for its position in the gaming space, but that's more an indictment on modern studios and culture than anything else.

Anyway, reset the clock; let's see if DE can go a full year without another 'release scummy thing/lie about it/make excuses when lie is exposed/claim they can't fix/fix' cycle.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ShogunGunshow:

I mean it's nice that DE finally, eventually did the right thing, but their response pattern to this shows that they really haven't improved at all. Rather than admit obvious mistakes immediately, they lie, they dissemble, they make excuses, before finally being bullied into telling the truth and needing to come out with a mea culpa release and a promise to do better.

I guess it could be worse. The fact that DE responds and changes things at all due to community feedback is something of a rarity for its position in the gaming space, but that's more an indictment on modern studios and culture than anything else.

Anyway, reset the clock; let's see if DE can go a full year without another 'release scummy thing/lie about it/make excuses when lie is exposed/claim they can't fix/fix' cycle.

hmm...

Zitat

Monday 15.11:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants

Zitat

Wednesday 17.11:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

Zitat

later that Wednesday 17.11:

Edit: And just like that the script has completed across all Platforms! 

I think its great that they worked soo hard to make this happen despite all the technical issues, compliance limitations and logistical challenges 😉

11 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Not really

Yes it makes sense that the accessories can only be obtained with real money, like it was with each Prime Access, but DE didn't specify anything; they told us "All prime stuff will be here, including the Warframes, weapons, & accessories. You can get them by farming Aya or by buying Regal Aya", nothing was directly said about the accessories being locked behind real money

Honestly I think we're forgetting that people are not the best at being honest. A lot of players want to start the "DE lied", "I was misled", "They didn't specify" types of threads simply because it could give them a chance at a hook up. Bark loud and long enough and DE just might bend to the BS and through in a discount. 

If people wondered why their "feedback" is not being "heard", it's because you're most likely attempting a scam. Players "assuming" that prime accessories were somehow gonna be freebies through farming...while also vomplaining about the low Aya drop rates, do indeed sound like those scammers.

Hmm, just looked into this and the new shop in-game. The first thought coming to my mind was: Wow, now we have Premium Currency and Premium Currency Prime... Will be interesting to see in the future, whether stuff available for Plat will slowly be getting less and less, while more and more cool looking stuff will only be available for the new currency (a.k.a. real money), therefore slowly adjusting the console to the PC business model (Tennogen only for real money). This tendency could already be seen before, with certain stuff only available in real money bundles (looking at you, infested cleaning drone), I guess, Warframe is slowly switching to "Full Tencent Mode" now... Time will tell.

Speaking as a long time player with high hopes for being able to grab some prime accessories, Regal Aya as yet ANOTHER premium currency had slashed my interest in this entire event exponentially. WF always had a model of "hard work can pay off" but its a bit discouraging to see that it doesn't carry through to this event.

8 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

Speaking as a long time player with high hopes for being able to grab some prime accessories, Regal Aya as yet ANOTHER premium currency had slashed my interest in this entire event exponentially. WF always had a model of "hard work can pay off" but its a bit discouraging to see that it doesn't carry through to this event.

WF has also always had a model of "prime accessories are locked behind real money purchases."  So... I guess I don't see why people are surprised about them staying that way.

45 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

I don't know where people got this idea they would be able to get prime accessories on a F2P path. 

They literally never advertised it as such, and it has always been this way since like, the whole 7-8 years or whatever that WF has been around. 

DE respects people's investment when they spend real money by keeping certain things like PA real money only. That is has been a huge part of their monetization model since forever, and has been a huge part of why they have been able to keep such a good F2P model for their players and still stay in business. 

No one has EVER had a problem with it before. And suddenly people are upset because DE isn't offering something they never promised, when this is how they have always done business? 

Did some YouTuber make a confusing video I am not aware of? Because I honestly don't get where people are getting this misconception. 

I don't mean this as an insult, you are not alone. I have seen multiple people on the forums get confused and think this too, I am just trying to figure out if maybe the idea had some kind of origination point, because I don't remember them ever saying anything that would suggest it? 

31 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

WF has also always had a model of "prime accessories are locked behind real money purchases."  So... I guess I don't see why people are surprised about them staying that way.

I guess its more so I was hoping that since it was a special event they might make an exception. Its the fact that the plat that I worked hard for in trading sets and rivens, is basically as useful as a bowl of peas in this event. Furthermore, buying the premium with the plat thrown in is kinda just stuff I don't need, like.. but I've already got plat.

Anyway, I'll just more or less just consider it business as usual til the continuation of new war.

16 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Duh, it was right there!

@SneakyErvinwas right in the prediction that people willing to buy regal aya were more than the boycotters

It wasnt unexpected since I've seen it in other free games. The devs change something around pricing, people go up in arms, the new pricing still makes it sell like ice-cream on a hot summer day. Which in those games did not have the result we see here with adding back things to make the community happy, instead they added more of that type of things since it was more profitable. Cards in Marvel Heroes come to mind. Higher prices, less valueble items inside and more fillers. They sold so well that they were planned to be the future for nearly every costume release instead of being able to buy most directly from a shop for premium currency. This was at the height of loot boxes or the now so called "mystery mechanics".

And to touch community happiness. People still seem disgruntled even though with the platinum placed where it is, the new system is miles better than the old.

DE just cant win.

9 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I think people are only upset now because it's right in front of them. Before prime vault and even prime access were just there on the market not really in your face like prime resurgence so now you have people thinking the game became greedy even though prime packs were always for real cash.

I checked their Twitter and it's even worse there than here

Archived