Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization.

Our intentions were always good monetization, but we have some learnings we'd like to share regarding intentions and executions when building an adjacent economy:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

We don't want this event, which is aimed towards improving the Unvaulting system, to be held back by our misstep on pack value and our rigid (but well-intentioned) thinking in separating the Regal Aya and Platinum currencies. So, we have a change coming:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

We are in the testing phase of this now thanks to our team.

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

The technical limitations related to how our offers are shown in different marketplaces are still in play for how a player will know they receive this Plat, but we will solve this over the coming months. So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there. We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Moving forward you will get more value on top of the much-desired flexibility. We apologize for any stress (thanks for those who kept the peace). See you around Varzia, Tenno!

2:30 PM ET Edit: All Platforms' Regal Aya Packs have been updated to include the above Platinum amounts! We are still working on the script component for all those who purchased before they were updated. 

5:00 PM ET Edit: We have started the script for all Platforms! 

To reiterate from the OP,  we are retroactively delivering Platinum to those who had purchased Regal Aya packs prior to the addition we made today! The amounts given are as follows: 

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

If you purchased multiple packs you will be receiving the total amount of Platinum per pack as you see above. You will be notified via in-game inbox that you have received your Platinum, and the amount that has been deposited into your account (as seen in the example image below!). 

Regal Aya Platinum Script Inbox Message.png

We will let you know once all of the Platforms have completed their script run - it may take some time so we appreciate your patience. 

Thanks Tenno! 

5:06 PM ET Edit: And just like that the script has completed across all Platforms!

why is the Avia Prime armor set and non prime syndana included in Regal Aya purchase instead of normal Aya purchase like the non prime syandana?

They're both free items drops from Twitch Prime. There's no reason why they're considered 'prime armor set' when they never been purchaseable by money, 

I was never able to get the item I confirmed. When those item appear it bugged for me. So I thought it was a one time thing.

Edited by thats_rudiculous_07

40 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:
7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

You are aware that there is some salt/toxicity in this statement aswell?

After that 50+ page salt assault we just gave them, I would honestly be more offended if they didn't take the chance to sass us back a bit!

• Like 4

I love this game because of its flexible financial model, that is ;put real money in when you can and how much you can. Most games are subscription based where it is like a fixed amount of payment every month and is on a time slot and if you are financially dry at the time of payment you are stuffed. 

You would assume if you can put real money at a fixed time.. you put in later... you could have at least have the option to create/obtain Regal Aya by merging plat(which is obtained from real money or trade) with ordinary Aya, as the fair long cut, if you cant do it the short cut , that is throw in real money to get Regal Aya.

I live on disability benefits in the UK, and things are getting financially tighter there, and you in constant fear of the government messing up your support.. I have a broken back and among other things I dont wish to disclose to strangers. I feel I am being punished for these disabilities/health issues while these disabilities and health issues are punishing for not being rich enough. 

Definitely this is a massively good step in the right direction, and I appreciate both the integrity you're showing here, and the fact your openly apologizing and owning up rather then just dedicating a single sentence to the apology then spending half the update talking about how the people who took it too far took it too far.

That being said, though, I still find that regal aya in itself is still overpriced and absolutely not worth it to even a newer player like myself who literally was not here for the original primes and thus is the prime target for this. Simply, only getting 3 for 20$ just is not worth it, because it's too little for the more expensive items, too much for the really cheap items, and with no way to trade extra, it's literally just wasted money sitting there I have no way of using unless I buy more. Platinum works because it's usable even if you just have 1. Regal Aya simply isn't because unless you want very specifically one if the few items that cost 1, you literally cannot use it at all. And for an item this expensive, that's just a no-go in my mind.

(Maybe if it was usable on tennogen, it'd be worth it, since they have around the same price, and that would at least make having an extra lying around not completely worthless? If a cheaper option to buying them is well and truely out of the question.)

Also, can I ask why the distiller is regal Aya only? I understand purely cosmetic things being paid only, that makes sense and is honestly a fine ftp model, but locking this mechical item purely behind regal Aya feels wrong, especially since the one you get with the BP can be destroyed, unlike the cosmetics, weapons, or primes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Twitch Prime is premium. You're asking to make Avia Prime armor to be free (No, these were never free. You need to buy twitch prime first), which will REALLY piss off Twitch.

Doubt this will ever happen.

Prime Avia Armor and Syndana dropped when Twitch Prime was obtainable via Amazon Prime trial. You can literally just link credit card, claim item, unlink credit card, without paying even a cent.

It's free.

Edited by (NSW)RATHURUE
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Syrethyst said:

Regal aya is mainly needed for prime access cosmetics,(which isn't necessary in gameplay) which has always cost irl money.. by allowing it to be obtained with plat, it takes away from the money the devs earn.

Correct. 

Regal Aya or whatever fancy name DE wants to put for such currency establishes a market where payment per item is developed. Instead of renown packs, prime packs or  any other set of deluxe skins or syandanas. 

Game play is unaffected by this type of merchandize. Regal Aya is a MICRO TRANSACTION device for cosmetics. Depends on the individual if he or she wants to decorate their set of Pokemons. 

• Like 2

Tbh they should have kept it the way they launched it. They left out Platinum originally because they didn't want to mix up premium currencies, which made sense. Mixing up premium currencies is how free to play monetization gets weird. The understanding of the irl value of each in-game currency becomes something more obscure. With this change, it mixes them together, so now it's like, "regal Aya = platinum". Regal Aya is supposed to be its own thing with its own irl value, but now it's some weird platinum pack alternative, which is completely different than the intention they described, and becomes this thing where the irl value of Aya is dependent on the irl value of platinum and vice versa. It just complicates things, especially when platinum has a player-driven aspect to it's value. For vets of Warframe it might not matter as much, but for newer players, it just complicates monetization more, adding to confusion that already comes with many new players' experiences. The Aya system seems like a good system to give more choice when it comes to unvaulting stuff. It was gonna be its own isolated thing for getting the specific old stuff that you actually want. It was gonna be a way for them to add a bunch of different older stuff to buy without having to add entirely new bundles to a bunch of different marketplaces. It still mostly does that, but now it's like, "I don't really care about getting any particular prime thing RN but I want plat, so I might as well get the regal Aya with it", which sounds fine, but it just complicates what you are actually spending money on. They tried to streamline a way to get unvaulted stuff to us, but everyone had to make it more complicated.

Edit: it's perfectly fine to criticize the pricing. That doesn't complicate anything. Too expensive? Maybe. But this change doesn't even address that. The change just complicates what the new system is supposed to do.

Edited by (XBOX)ThcotMalkinthon
Additional clarification at the end

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

uh, no, they don't have the right to sass the players back after what they pulled.  they aren't in the place to do so.

What? Did you even read the article? They explained why they did what they did. How do they not have the right to speak freely? What? It's bad they addresses toxicity to remind the player base such behavior is unacceptable since this player base still isn't getting it?

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 1

Platinum doesn't have access to particular items that are mainly decorative. 

Regal Aya is the currency that separates items purchased by real money that where included in accessories. This is a currency that specify item and purchase. 

Critique. 

1 Regal Aya for an Orokin decoration of the orbiteer is simply too expensive. 1 Regal aya costs 20 US dollars. 

DE are you serious? What is wrong with you? lol. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Platinum doesn't have access to particular items that are mainly decorative. 

Regal Aya is the currency that separates items purchased by real money that where included in accessories. This is a currency that specify item and purchase. 

Critique. 

1 mf Regal Aya for an Orokin decoration of the orbiteer is simply too expensive. 1 Regal aya costs 20 US dollars. 

DE are you serious? What is wrong with you? lol. 

20 divided by 3.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

20 divided by 3.

Wait what? 

For 3 Regal Aya I need 20 dollars. In other words I CAN'T BUY BY FRACTIONS if only I want ONE ITEM. 

Any ITEM I want costs me 20 dollars despite if I can buy three. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 3

Thanks for listening D.E.

Still not crazy about the idea of another premium currency. These things are designed to separate the true feeling of cost from a purchase.

Overall though, this is is positive change to redress the poor value these packs represented.

• Like 2

PROBLEM WITH THE CURRENCY. 

The equivalence should be 20/3 US dollars. 

HOWEVER I DON'T WANT TO BUY THREE of these COINS. I WANT TO BUY ONE. OR I WANT TO DECIDE THE EXACT AMMOUNT PER ITEMS I'M interested exactly.

If it is a currency. IT MUST BE SOLD BY UNITS.

grrr.

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 2

Just now, Felsagger said:

PROBLEM WITH THE CURRENCY. 

The equivalence should be 20/3 US dollars. 

HOWEVER I DON'T WANT TO BUY THREE of these COINS. I WANT TO BUY ONE. OR I WANT TO DECIDE THE EXACT AMMOUNT PER ITEM. 

If it is a currency. IT MUST BE SOLD BY UNITS.

grrr.

Who's gonna be the person to tell them that you can't buy less than 75 Platinum?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Because that doesn't give them any right to be ticked off that they were caught trying to scam players.  that's why.

This statement tells me you didn't understand what Rebecca said. Also tells me you don't know what scam means. Also tells me you likely have a rather pessimistic view and are toxic to players. 

8 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Who's gonna be the person to tell them that you can't buy less than 75 Platinum?

That's EXACTLY the problem. 

You have a spectrum of buyers that are fixed on the middle of the gaussian distribution curve but then you have....(wait for it, wait for it)

THE ......mf OUTLIERS!!!

You will be surprised how many people would like to buy under 75 platinum. There are more poor people than rich ones. Isn't this obvious by NOW??!!!

Edited by Felsagger