Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market Website/App needs to be SHUTDOWN and new in-game Trading System MUST be Implemented

(XBOX)Nekros9528
Message added by Letter13,

Using Warframe.Market is not a violation of the Terms of Use Agreement/EULA; 'Trading items outside of the game' means trading for items, goods or currency that doesn't exist in the game, such as gift cards, items/cosmetics from other games, real money (RMT), or services like carrying through missions.

Moreover, Warframe.Market exists as a trading aid, to help users find partners with which to trade more easily. It is not a gold standard and players are not required to adhere to the prices listed on it. Use it if you want to or not; the trading system is a free market.

8 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I'm always for an in-game automated trading system, where you can list and buy items, without requiring players to meet up for the transaction.

That will never happen because it takes away your interaction with the game.

8 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

That will never happen because it takes away your interaction with the game.

It would increase interaction with the game... because you'd actually be playing missions, instead of standing around maroo's bazaar, or in trade chat sitting in your orbiter...

But if you really mean interaction with other people, please... that's more annoying than beneficial to the game, in my experience. (not to mention all the bugs with getting to dojos and stuff).

3 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

It would increase interaction with the game... because you'd actually be playing missions, instead of standing around maroo's bazaar, or in trade chat sitting in your orbiter...

But if you really mean interaction with other people, please... that's more annoying than beneficial to the game, in my experience. (not to mention all the bugs with getting to dojos and stuff).

Far more people would use it to "set it and forget it" while they were doing other things other than playing Warframe. People that are logged into the game are still chatting and whatnot and will go play missions as well because they've made a habit of logging in. Having passive selling will cause more people to drift away from the game as they log in just to check on what sold less often and eventually just stop altogether if they weren't already a dedicated player/seller.

I don't know how it is going to dojos on PSN compared to PC, but people should use the arrival disc that was added. Works great over here in PC land. I don't do a ton of trading, but haven't had anyone end up in my RJ since I put it down.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Ragology said:

In game market board would be convenient, but it'd also drove down plat priced to the single digits because of the inevitable undercutting wars. A few players could wipe out the entire market overnight.

wouldn't be hard for them to enforce lower listing limits (start prices) based on the item being sold. these prices could be adjusted based on the current economy etc plus with a system like this they could cream off a percentage of sales, maybe 10% per transaction with a 1 plat lower limit for anything that goes under ? *shrug* I am sure they could work a fair system where everyone could be happy whilst potentially making money from this percent for providing an alternative more convenient safer way for players to trade.

2 hours ago, Vortex said:

Dude, if we get an ingame market everything will cost around 1~5 platinums, this is a very big NO.

How do you figure that? Because last I checked, things don't stop being rare/common or difficult/easy to farm in the game.

Things that the majority don't have access to because of them being too time consuming, or too RNG, to farm will always be worth more, while things that are common will be worth less.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't support an in-game market because of the very basic reason that DE implemented Trading so that players would actually interact with each other, and those same devs have also been very resistant to the idea of a market because it removes that player-to-player interaction, which I agree with as a person that has been trading for the last seven, nearly eight, years in this game.

But the idea that moving the Warframe.Market functions into the game would devalue all of the prices? That's just a weird take.

On 2022-01-01 at 4:45 AM, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

EDIT:

Still, it has to be shut down due to the toxicity and in-game trading disruptions it creates.

"LMFAO IN WF MARKET IT'S WORTH 10P YOU SCAMMER" "WF MARKET SAYS ITS WORTH 5P LEARN THE PRICES KID" "WF MARKET HAS IT FOR 1P I'LL REPORT YOU"  

I never heard of any FREE MARKET that is directly influenced by outside 3rd party sources.

Apparently, you have the brain to recognize that factor and therefore can make your own decision in the free market FREELY. No one will force you to trade at a value if you don't like. That's a good FREE MARKET for you! And are you going to use this info to SCAM others or will you be willing to selling your items at 10% the market value??? I challenge you to ANSWER. 

12 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

How do you figure that? Because last I checked, things don't stop being rare/common or difficult/easy to farm in the game.

Things that the majority don't have access to because of them being too time consuming, or too RNG, to farm will always be worth more, while things that are common will be worth less.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't support an in-game market because of the very basic reason that DE implemented Trading so that players would actually interact with each other, and those same devs have also been very resistant to the idea of a market because it removes that player-to-player interaction, which I agree with as a person that has been trading for the last seven, nearly eight, years in this game.

But the idea that moving the Warframe.Market functions into the game would devalue all of the prices? That's just a weird take.

I think the reason people say this, is because you start to notice after playing the game awhile that things just fall into your lap very easily. 

Without trying you can end up with 2 or 3 sets of a frame or weapon you weren't even looking for. 

The system seems to be set up to already reward you just for playing it, because just trying to clean your inventory gets you plat. 

So if I'm just 1 player willing to sell something cheap because I just want it gone, then how's that gonna work when 10,000 people do it?

They may not drop to 1p. But if inaros is already 40p....he may at least go down to 25...

The ghoul bounty already allowed people to gather up to 300+ previously vaulted relics, by second hand reports.....and that doesn't help the scarcity of things either lol.

Only DE has the data, though. I wish I knew how many people were running 6 hour relic survivals instead of 30min. We can't really tell how much excess is out there.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I think the reason people say this, is because you start to notice after playing the game awhile that things just fall into your lap very easily. 

I would agree with you...

But that's not a function of a dedicated Market in the game...

The Prime Resurgence, and events that grant a glut of parts into the game, are responsible for the availability of parts, which lowers the price overall.

A Market doesn't affect availability positively or negatively, it just facilitates non-personal trade between players so that they never have to interact with each other.

So, as I mentioned I'm against the Market on principle, I don't think it would actually help Warframe and instead we need the opposite (that is to say having way more places and ways to easily talk directly to other players and trade directly with them). That is something a Market would adversely affect, to me, that interaction between players.

But a Market being implemented wouldn't affect any of the pricing just for being there. Only more things like the Prime Resurgence (with its weekly rotation of desirable Relics) can do that.

14 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

But a Market being implemented wouldn't affect any of the pricing just for being there

Except that it could very easily do so.

There could be tons of players that would be willing to sell stuff if it was easier/more convenient.  And what is easier/more convenient than a place where you can just put it up for sale for a given price and then sit back as plat eventually lands in your account without you having to do anything else. (Sure you might have to adjust your price if it's not selling because you overvalued it or whatever, but that would be the absolute most you have to do)
Right now there are two things that people commonly site why they don't just regularly sell al the "junk" primes or "rare" items they get when farming:
-Sitting in trade chat is too annoying/time consuming
-Using warframe.market means you have to manage and update that profile and do stuff outside the game to keep it up to date
If you just have an in game market/auction house you don't need to do any of that.  Just put your items in and wait then get plat back out.

This has a direct influence on the amount of sellers and the amount of items available since you are removing the barriers of entry into the market.
This causes pricing to go down.
Whenever you remove barriers of entry into a market (no matter how small) it causes prices to go down as more people get into the market and undercut each other in order to sell.

14 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

A Market doesn't affect availability positively or negatively,

Sure, rare items are still rare.  Items that take a long time to farm still take a long time to farm.
But if you make it easy enough to just put an item up for sale and then not have to do anything else until plat hit your account then all the people with some amount of the "rare" item that aren't selling it because "it's too much of a hassle to trade" now don't have any hassle at all and can just dump their supply into the market.

This will invariably drive supply up, which unless it drives up demand just as much (or more) will drive prices down.

16 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

There could be tons of players that would be willing to sell stuff if it was easier/more convenient.  And what is easier/more convenient than a place where you can just put it up for sale for a given price and then sit back as plat eventually lands in your account without you having to do anything else.

Lemme check my bingo card of "person on market thread didn't actually read what a poster said"
What they said:

On 2022-01-06 at 4:21 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

But the idea that moving the Warframe.Market functions into the game would devalue all of the prices?

Emphasis mine. It wouldn't be passive income. You would still have to invite people to trading locations, manually initiate trades, all that jazz we have currently. All that would change is that you get a nice list of sellers and buyers and what their baseline prices are.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Lemme check my bingo card of "person on market thread didn't actually read what a poster said"
What they said:

Emphasis mine. It wouldn't be passive income. You would still have to invite people to trading locations, manually initiate trades, all that jazz we have currently. All that would change is that you get a nice list of sellers and buyers and what their baseline prices are.

And that affects the outcome very little (if any at all) since it still removes the main "barriers of entry" that people site as to why they aren't selling stuff:
-Having to sit in trade chat is annoying/time consuming
-Having to manage warframe.market by setting up and managing a profile of items (and making sure once you sell something you remove it from your sell list, and everything else)

Both of those would be completely removed from the equation (first one because now you just wait for people to contact you, second one because if it was implemented in game it would be able to track trades and your inventory and remove entries when your inventory hits zero).

That still removes the hassle and barriers of trading that a lot of people site as to why they won't trade even if they do have rarer items.
That will still drive prices down quite a bit.

The end result is the same.

Archived