Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market Website/App needs to be SHUTDOWN and new in-game Trading System MUST be Implemented

(XBOX)Nekros9528
Message added by Letter13,

Using Warframe.Market is not a violation of the Terms of Use Agreement/EULA; 'Trading items outside of the game' means trading for items, goods or currency that doesn't exist in the game, such as gift cards, items/cosmetics from other games, real money (RMT), or services like carrying through missions.

Moreover, Warframe.Market exists as a trading aid, to help users find partners with which to trade more easily. It is not a gold standard and players are not required to adhere to the prices listed on it. Use it if you want to or not; the trading system is a free market.

The first rule of trading in Warframe is to only trade in-game items that are available in the trade window. Attempting to trade items outside of the game is considered a violation of the Terms of Service / EULA.

Warframe market website/app IS NOT official nor linked to the game.

With that in mind anyone and everyone who is using said website/app to trade is committing not only a violation against the games rules but also you are DISRUPTING IN-GAME ECONOMY by deceiving others into thinking that whatever price you see on the website/app applies to the game. 

A 3rd party trading platform that IS NOT official should not be trusted. The creation of fake accounts to diminish, increase and overall manipulate the prices of items is possible to happen.

Developers needs to implement a AUCTION HOUSE or any other simpler in-game trading platform.

The toxicity of in-game trading is too high solely because of this unofficial 3rd party trading platform. Hopefully Warframe takes measures against this. Many players are tired of hearing "But in wArFrAMe mArKeT it's worth 10p you sCAmMeR". 

Edit:

Still, it has to be shut down due to the toxicity and in-game trading disruptions it creates.

"LMFAO IN WF MARKET IT'S WORTH 10P YOU SCAMMER" "WF MARKET SAYS ITS WORTH 5P LEARN THE PRICES KID" "WF MARKET HAS IT FOR 1P I'LL REPORT YOU"  

I never heard of any FREE MARKET that is directly influenced by outside 3rd party sources.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

"But in wArFrAMe mArKeT it's worth 10p you sCAmMeR". 

Just Ignore them ...

Granted it can becoming annoying having to ignore so many players but I like to believe it all eventually pays off in The End....

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Just Ignore them ...

Granted it can becoming annoying having to ignore so many players but I like to believe it all eventually pays off in The End....

ingame ignore list is now capped at 100 unfortunately. Earlier I used to witness a much less toxic trading experience but now not anymore.

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

The first rule of trading in Warframe is to only trade in-game items that are available in the trade window. Attempting to trade items outside of the game is considered a violation of the Terms of Service / EULA.

How is this relevant? The trade still happens ingame and the items being traded are put in the trade window. The thing that is forbidden is trading for real money, items or currencies/items in other games.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

With that in mind anyone and everyone who is using said website/app to trade is committing not only a violation against the games rules but also you are DISRUPTING IN-GAME ECONOMY by deceiving others into thinking that whatever price you see on the website/app applies to the game. 

A 3rd party trading platform that IS NOT official should not be trusted. The creation of fake accounts to diminish, increase and overall manipulate the prices of items is possible to happen.

Developers needs to implement a AUCTION HOUSE or any other simpler in-game trading platform.

The toxicity of in-game trading is too high solely because of this unofficial 3rd party trading platform. Hopefully Warframe takes measures against this. Many players are tired of hearing "But in wArFrAMe mArKeT it's worth 10p you sCAmMeR". 

Happy new year to the good players and traders.

uh.......no, that's not how those rules work.

You are trading an ingame item for another ingame item, no ToS violation is happening. It's no different in principle from telling a buddy on discord that you'll sell them your saryn prime set for 100plat. People referencing prices from wf.market are simple trying to haggle down your price because they want to pay less. They are not morally more correct or wrong than you trying to get a higher price.

Why is it so difficult to just respond with "if it's cheaper there, why dont you buy there"?

I mentioned this a while ago and realized that there is a monopoly by the community and the way the site works.
I don't want war against monopolies so I prefer not to say anything...

now see your thread full of comments from market manipulators.

31 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

How is this relevant? The trade still happens ingame and the items being traded are put in the trade window. The thing that is forbidden is trading for real money, items or currencies/items in other games.

platinum is associated with a real world currency and the platinum value is manipulated or reduced by posting fake items on a public website.

there are not enough employees in wmark3t.c0m to handle this value manipulation and there is no way to do this as the site is not connected to the game. It's a shame the DE doesn't see this as it directly affects platinum's real value, affects the actual value of the true player and the time played.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

12 minutes ago, Famecans said:

platinum is associated with a real world currency and the platinum value is manipulated or reduced by posting fake items on a public website.

there are not enough employees in wmark3t.c0m to handle this value manipulation and there is no way to do this as the site is not connected to the game. It's a shame the DE doesn't see this as it directly affects platinum's real value, affects the actual value of the true player and the time played.

It would still happen even without the website due to player driven economy. The only way to prevent it is for DE to set the prices, but if they do that there is no point in trading between players and DE should just start selling everything for plat in the ingame shop...and that is when we get dangerously close to P2W territory.

I'm all for making trading a better experience, but the website doesn't break any rules unlike the OP is trying to claim. Making a solid argument is very important in getting others to support the idea.

56 minutes ago, Famecans said:

Welcome to real life. Warframe will never be an exception to the greediness of humanity. Market manipulation is widely acceptable as long as you're big enough before you commit it. 

Warframe.Market is moderated and they do make efforts to remove fake listings.

There's nothing you can do about a third party website that exists to just post listings. All the trading is still done in-game.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

Exactly 

Not exactly. Not that hard to realize when someone that's never online has some high price towards the bottom of the list when there's a bunch of people online or online in game with prices you probably just don't agree with. 

Conveniently no one ever gives specific examples because they know they'll just have logic thrown at them and will have to make an excuse to deny.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

ingame ignore list is now capped at 100 unfortunately. Earlier I used to witness a much less toxic trading experience but now not anymore.

Well... I guess Il cross that bridge when I get to it.... 

Hopefully it won't be soon... 👀

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Why is it so difficult to just respond with "if it's cheaper there, why dont you buy there"?

Have you ever tried telling this to 6 Different Whiners ?

It's exhausting 😱

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

only trade in-game items that are available in the trade window. Attempting to trade items outside of the game is considered a violation of the Terms of Service / EULA

So reading this again..... It turns out no rules are being broken because Warframe.market doesn't actually allow you to trade in game items.... Since the actual trading Occurs in the game... Everything is Legit and above board 👍.

its all good fun until someone can't sell at a high price cause others are selling lower.. I mean, I will personally always buy the cheapest items being sold... I check in Maroo bazar, trading chat and warframe market, who sells the specific I want at the cheapest price, I buy it. 

4 hours ago, Famecans said:

I mentioned this a while ago and realized that there is a monopoly by the community and the way the site works.
I don't want war against monopolies so I prefer not to say anything...

now see your thread full of comments from market manipulators.

There isn't really a monopoly, trade chat and Maroo's bazaar are valid options.

This highlights why people use Market though: The competition sucks ^^

Added an informational note to the top of the thread to clear up some misinformation posted in the start of the thread, specifically what 'items outside of the game' means. 

tl;dr using Warframe.Market is not an EULA/ToS violation, it's not trading 'items outside the game'.

Archived