Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or is DE making the game worse instead of better?

Traumtulpe

15 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Agreeing with you. As I mentioned, Viral status effects were buffed, for example. This wasn't needed, Viral was already good before. But Blast, Cold, and Gas were effectively deleted. It is at the same time a buff to power, and a nerf to variety.

Exactly. I really hate it when features or unique mechanics got removed entirely. Each and every one of these features or mechanics could be some players' favorites and keeps these players stay and keep playing. Players like new things for sure but not deleting existing features as if it's a lab for rats. Years of deleting many things has made the game more one-dimensional than previously. Why can't new features be induced while keeping all original things. 

15 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

There are so many things in this game that are broken, unfinished, ineffective, and above all bugged. And with every update there are more. You can report severe bugs with videos and all, and watch them not be fixed 2 years later.

And when something finally does get changed, it doesn't get fixed or improved, it gets deleted or made worse.

I'm not even trying to be mean here, it's my honest impression.

Take for example status types - in the past we used Slash, Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, sometimes Cold, Radiation or Toxin.

Slash, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Cold, and Toxin have all been nerfed heavily. Heat and Viral have been buffed. As a direct consequence, Blast, Gas and Cold are no longer used, and Corrosive only at low levels. Instead we use Heat, but mostly only at low levels as well. A net -3 to variety.

I don't see how this made anything better. I liked using Blast for CC, Cold for increasing status duration, and Gas for damage.

Or how about melee weapons? The list of nerfs they received is near endless. Momentum (knockdown resistance) deleted. Opening enemies to finishers deleted. Attack speed reduced. Damage reduced like 3 times already. Meta mods effectively deleted. Many forced procs deleted. Many good stances deleted and replaced with worse ones. Line of sight check added. Range reduced.

It doesn't feel fun anymore, being locked into slow and awkward animations for no payoff. Just use an explosive weapon - no animation lock, far greater range and kills through walls.

And, again, during all this time that melee got nerfed again and again and again, did DE even fix any bugs it had? Any at all? Because there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) that I remember from 1 or 2 years back, that are STILL there. Condition Overload, it got nerfed, but it's still bugged. Glaives, got nerfed, but are still bugged. You still can't heavy attack while wielding a gun (you could for a while, but it was horribly bugged - so DE deleted the feature instead of fixing the bug).

Or what about all those stances that don't have a complete moveset? 2 or 3 combos out of 4 being the exact same doesn't strike you as something worth fixing in years? How about a backwards combo? How about some free movement on the forward combo, or no janky forced movements on the neutral ones? How about heavy attacks that can actually hit an enemy right in front of you (yep, some can't do that)?

Feel free to disagree or have a discussion, or make useless remarks a'la "just leave if you don't like it". How long can you go on deleting features while adding bugs? Won't there be nothing but bugs left at some point?

I don't even care about bugs. Removing and downgrading features, abilities, meta mechanics, effectiveness of damages, nerfing mods and meta weapons are really the worst. Why can't they just buff enemies more and more gradually instead of destroying/nerfing things.

1 minute ago, George_PPS said:

I don't even care about bugs. Removing and downgrading features, abilities, meta mechanics, effectiveness of damages, nerfing mods and meta weapons are really the worst. Why can't they just buff enemies more and more gradually instead of destroying/nerfing things.

Between players in these forums we have two school of thought. The team that wants nerfs and downgrades on our tools and the team that wants better enemies but don't touch my jewels of the Nile. 

Where we start then? Certain missions imply certain difficulty. The easy remains easy for everybody. The sophomore and the casual can play without any worry of exclusion. They can acquire good material according to their rank and experience. However the veteran and the expert has a good set of missions that tests his talents and tools. 

Suppose that we dance for DE and (Tencent OUR OVERLOARDS and our owners) for a while. How about if DE invest their time accommodating the levels of difficulty on certain missions and certain tasks that gives fair rewards like accessories and armor. A distinction will be made without the exclusion of the essential material such as warframe, weapons and modifiers or cards. 

Old farming remains farming but expert farming is more exciting because these will require micro management of resources. An example would be a set of NPCs that fishes, Mines and collects resources while your frame and on call Rail Jack NPCs protects the mining and fishing crew. The rail Jack has ordinances for artillery and supplies. 

Yes everybody will get access but more complexity increases when the veteran reaches higher levels. This is the progression that the game needs. 

The school of people who wants nerfs and balances should ask for enemy buffs, enemy diversity and enemy utilities so the player depends on survivability skills. In other words BE a War Frame where stealth matters on certain occasions. 

The other school of people who wants enemy buffs, strong enemies more than the player and enemies with weapon capabilities should ask for AoE reduction on Warframes, the removal of nuke warframes and the coherence of weapon damage hierarchy. 

Both teams must sacrifice something to gain something. If we want power then eventually we will become celestials and eternals dwindling between dimensions cheating death. If we want super hard enemies then this become Sekiro or hardcore Bloodborne, which is super amazing, but will frustrate players who are casuals at the game. We don't want destroyed keyboards, mouse and shattered monitors in our rooms. These are expensive. 

DE MUST make a decision and proceed beating up the player a bit so he/she respects the enemy numbers, weapons and their tactics. If we want god mode then simply turn on damage off and watch the screen saver pyrotechnics in your monitor screen. These are good for insomnia. :3

59 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

quick reaction on tight situations

Still numerical, where the "tight situations" mostly consists of short time to react and it's made from enemies coded to make that situation

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

judgment and decision making on uncomfortable conditions.

Also still numerical, and we're way past that uncomfortable conditions with so many things making the game comfortable

Enemies must FIGHT back otherwise there will be NO challenge at all other than a screen saver emitting endless radiation due to special effects on screen. 

So nerf one thing but don't nerf other things like Adaptation? Kinda unfair, isn't it?

We can get our ass split at any given moment when the enemies are greater in number

Which isn't what the game is, we're the god warrior made to wipe the sentients and it's already set in stone that we are gods that wreck things without breaking a sweat. Things like taking away our power is the product of those who keep saying "we want challenge" but at the same time hissing over a hint of nerf on their toys

Those numb scorpions that pulls us forward are supper annoying because the animation after the knockdown is super slow.

You can roll away if you're pulled, and that's one of the way to make "challenge" even if you say it's annoying and we have handspring/sure footed to counter it, there you go, mod diversity that isn't just cramming strength mods into your warframe

Even master chief can parry grenades and hooks with his repulse wave push but he can get damaged or even get his ass beat

Keep in mind master chief's power is limited and if there's any upgrade, there's still a hard cap while warframe doesn't have a hard cap on it

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

We NEVER used Blast or Gas in the past. They were equally terrible before and after the mega-update (Gas was just terrible in different ways before and after)

That's weird, I seem to remember using a Pox with Corrosive / Blast to both 100% armor strip and hard CC in an area.

I also remember using a Gas Silver and Aegis Prime - it did some amazing damage! And Gas worked great with Saryn's old Spores, using a sniper.

9 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Still numerical, where the "tight situations" mostly consists of short time to react and it's made from enemies coded to make that situation

It's not subjected only to numbers. The stage and the environment plays a big role too on boss fights and enemy engagements. 

Also still numerical, and we're way past that uncomfortable conditions with so many things making the game comfortable.

That's correct. 

Somehow we need to fight a 'loosing battle' against the enemy. Even Titan Fall Frontier makes loosing interesting. 

So nerf one thing but don't nerf other things like Adaptation? Kinda unfair, isn't it?

If we want changes then we NEED to fix complete systems that produces the problems. One mod doesn't fix the problem. However reduction of AoE, self damage and enemy A.I. may solve the problem. 

The set of ideas not the nit picking of one mod. 

Which isn't what the game is

"Okay, Houston...we've had a problem here" · Jack Swigert 

,we're the god warrior made to wipe the sentients and it's already set in stone that we are gods that wreck things without breaking a sweat.

Then for such needs I present to you Clicker Heroes. 

Then for such needs I present to you Roblox. 

Then for such needs I present to you My Little Pony. 

Then for such needs I present to you Animal Crossing. 

Even easier, turn god mode on and call it a day. 

Things like taking away our power is the product of those who keep saying "we want challenge" but at the same time hissing over a hint of nerf on their toys.

I will sacrifice EVERYTHING FOR GAME QUALITY, DELIVERY, CHALLENGE AND IMMERSION. 

Master Chief knows now that Hunters can hurt pride despite the Chief's new toys. 

That's why I play Sekiro, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Daemon Souls, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War IV. 

You can roll away if you're pulled, and that's one of the way to make "challenge" even if you say it's annoying and we have handspring/sure footed to counter it, there you go, mod diversity that isn't just cramming strength mods into your warframe. 

Already know this. Harpoons and hooks should be at least visible. You can see Roadhog hooking giving the player few seconds for dodging. 

Keep in mind master chief's power is limited and if there's any upgrade, there's still a hard cap while warframe doesn't have a hard cap on it

And THAT IS ANOTHER PROBLEM that needs solution. 

13 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Melee is still so powerful that any melee weapon can kill any target it can reach at any point in the game. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad, that's just your stubbornness on display.

Have you ever read what OP is talking about? Just because you can kill with simple action doesn't mean it's good. Have you remember old Banshee's Resonating quake? You know, you have just pressed single key and lots of things dies. Rest are stunlocked for your teammates to kill. Damage wise it was probably good enough. Why it was changed by DE? Because it hadn't required any interaction from you.

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

We NEVER used Blast or Gas in the past. They were equally terrible before and after the mega-update (Gas was just terrible in different ways before and after)

I've been blasting with Sonicor. I guess it used Blast.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I've been blasting with Sonicor. I guess it used Blast.

Blast Jat Kittag go brr, I miss the old space program days of the sonicor and J-Kittag.

Although on the concept of outdated content, I really wish DE would eventually go back and update things that are pretty much left in the dust. Vaykor sydon doesn't blind enemies anymore from what I remember since melee got changed since its' introduction, some syndicate weapons could use a description touch-up, etc.

----

Also on another different note, open up spoilers below for small things that used to be in the game. (may add more as I see em)

Spoiler

In-mission challenges that gave free affinity

unknown.png

Tileset rooms would highlight red to indicate active enemies during exterminate.

unknown.png

Nearby teammates were highlighted through walls. (Relatively minor but nice to know)

unknown.png

Brief decription of enemies under HP Bars (although this was atop your screen back then as opposed to being dynamically above enemies)

unknown.png

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Gas was good on some very specific setups. It allowed double- or triple-dipping on multiple sources of damage buffs, as any buff to your weapon's toxin damage component would essentially count twice towards its AoE toxin damage, so something like gas Daikyu or gas sniper/Rhino was an actual thing. 

And Blast was used not because it was good by itself (it never was and it still isn't good) but because it counted as 2 different status for old Condition Overload. Corr/Blast was terrible for actual killing weapons but it was an amazing support combo for high status primers. 

19 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Slash, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Cold, and Toxin have all been nerfed heavily. Heat and Viral have been buffed. As a direct consequence, Blast, Gas and Cold are no longer used, and Corrosive only at low levels. Instead we use Heat, but mostly only at low levels as well. A net -3 to variety.

I don't see how this made anything better. I liked using Blast for CC, Cold for increasing status duration, and Gas for damage.

I thought the idea of having a Single Dominating Choice was so amazing I made a Thread about it... 👀

I'm not even trying to be mean here, it's my honest impression.

Perfectly understandable....

But if you want to know why I personally like this Change... I raved on and on about it in my thread....

Or how about melee weapons? The list of nerfs they received is near endless. Momentum (knockdown resistance) deleted. Opening enemies to finishers deleted. Attack speed reduced. Damage reduced like 3 times already. Meta mods effectively deleted. Many forced procs deleted. Many good stances deleted and replaced with worse ones. Line of sight check added. Range reduced.

It doesn't feel fun anymore, being locked into slow and awkward animations for no payoff. Just use an explosive weapon - no animation lock, far greater range and kills through walls.

I never liked Melee Anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ real Ninjas use Guns...

And, again, during all this time that melee got nerfed again and again and again, did DE even fix any bugs it had? Any at all? Because there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) that I remember from 1 or 2 years back, that are STILL there. Condition Overload, it got nerfed, but it's still bugged. Glaives, got nerfed, but are still bugged. You still can't heavy attack while wielding a gun (you could for a while, but it was horribly bugged - so DE deleted the feature instead of fixing the bug).

Or what about all those stances that don't have a complete moveset? 2 or 3 combos out of 4 being the exact same doesn't strike you as something worth fixing in years? How about a backwards combo? How about some free movement on the forward combo, or no janky forced movements on the neutral ones? How about heavy attacks that can actually hit an enemy right in front of you (yep, some can't do that)?

Feel free to disagree or have a discussion, or make useless remarks a'la "just leave if you don't like it". How long can you go on deleting features while adding bugs? Won't there be nothing but bugs left at some point?

You're basically in the same Scenario I was in when I went on my Second Break from Warframe.... I was just Sick Of The Bull $@#@& too....

Right now I'm in the Process of Stockpiling Forma Blueprints so that the next time the Game Pisses me Off IL have something to Show for it when I Inevitably come Crawling Back....

1 hour ago, (XBOX)calvina said:

Although on the concept of outdated content, I really wish DE would eventually go back and update things that are pretty much left in the dust. Vaykor sydon doesn't blind enemies anymore from what I remember since melee got changed since its' introduction, some syndicate weapons could use a description touch-up, etc.

Vaykor sydon blind enemies but:

- you need ~15 stacks

- you need "special" blocks from some melee unit (I don't remember correctly)

It's still bad for usage.

Another one were some augment that Blast enemies on kill. Blast changed and this augment instead of short stunning enemies it gets some weird effect.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I never liked Melee Anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ real Ninjas use Guns...

Gunkata maybe? As melee person it's sadden me... a little. :D

20 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Take for example status types - in the past we used Slash, Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, sometimes Cold, Radiation or Toxin.

Please say you're trolling. Right? You're ... well fck.

Corrosive has always been a low-level status thing. It was quick to achieve, and a "no brainer" since it destroyed everything up to level 100(?). Now, warframes have a number of ways to gain armor stripping, from mods, to kavats, to the Helminth.

The Kuva Zarr is one of the best BLAST weapons in the game. Murderous as a room clear, and downright Armageddon in the hands of a Banshee. If you're in the mood, you can be an A****** pirate in Railjack.

I use Gas/Cold on my destructor prime and those sh*t hound weapons. A gas/electricity build is crazy for CC - slap gas on an Amprex, and watch the Granum Void explode into gold dust. You can do the same with that new infested bow, and practice your manical laughter.

I heard heat/gas are crazy on needle pistols, but I hate those things. Heh.

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That's weird, I seem to remember using a Pox with Corrosive / Blast to both 100% armor strip and hard CC in an area.

I also remember using a Gas Silver and Aegis Prime - it did some amazing damage! And Gas worked great with Saryn's old Spores, using a sniper.

Gas was the king of stat procs before the rework! I remember the good ole Zenistar gas build with wide aoe that literally locked an entire room down. 

Blast was very good as it kept enemies from ever attacking you. Some endurance players hated it because it slowed DPS but screw that, I loved the CC.

Now, gas only has a hard time with armored enemies but sets up great combos with electric, cold and slash. 

To me, I think DE should do the opposite of what players are asking here and just leave things alone for now. Most of the "high end" players I've played with are simply using meta tricks to survive anyway so it's not like all of the players are on the same page. The status and process system isn't broken. They're designed for the normal star chart's dominance...when you have everything maxed out. IT'S FUN! Guys, stop trying to screw up the fun! Leave fun alone!

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

And I remember everyone besides you complaining that Blast procs were actually a hindrance, not a help. Now they just don't do anything

As for Gas, their old niche use spoke more to Toxin's uses than to Gas's -- because Gas procs dealt Toxin damage, and only Toxin damage combos with Saryn

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

And I remember everyone besides you complaining that Blast procs were actually a hindrance, not a help. Now they just don't do anything

As for Gas, their old niche use spoke more to Toxin's uses than to Gas's -- because Gas procs dealt Toxin damage, and only Toxin damage combos with Saryn

Blast procs were only a hindrance if you wanted to aim for the head - not an issue with AoE or melee weapons at all. Blast also counted as 2 status procs for CO, and could give you stealth multiplier sometimes (because the enemies became unaware during the CC).

Gas scaled way differently, and way better, and had no proc limit. Sorry, but you simply do not know what you are talking about. On a melee weapon Primed Fever Strike alone gave Gas +165% damage compared to now, Bane mods affected it 3x instead of 2x, it procced Toxin status (which was way better then).

Gas literally dealt like 20x the damage it does now, even disregarding the proc limit.

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Gas scaled way differently, and way better, and had no proc limit. Sorry, but you simply do not know what you are talking about. On a melee weapon Primed Fever Strike alone gave Gas +165% damage compared to now, Bane mods affected it 3x instead of 2x, it procced Toxin status (which was way better then).

Gas literally dealt like 20x the damage it does now, even disregarding the proc limit.

Yes. Because it was dealing TOXIN damage, not Gas damage. You're correct it was stronger, but nobody used Gas damage because it was Gas. They used it because it was Toxin

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Last time I've tried (auto) blocking haven't triggered this.

You dont need to be hit by a "special" melee unit. Unless something changed? Because it always charged when I blocked any hits from any unit when I used it back then.

I checked the patch notes of this weapon on the wiki, no changes. I went to Sanctuary and it never charged.

I went to a mission and it charged when I blocked a Scorpion's hook.

Something is very funky in this. And checking the forums... its broken.

DE should have kept tweaking the Status Rework over the months instead of dropping it for 2 years. The Railjack damage system was supposed to be a test bed for new status procs, but it sort of just fizzled out.

If DE wants to please those who don't want Viral nerfed, they could rework Puncture into another damage amp that's additive to Viral, just as how the new Acolyte Arcanes are additive with Serration.

Puncture: +60% bonus damage for 8 seconds, subsequent stacks add +20% up to +240% in total.

A big factor in Viral's power is that it is it's own unique damage multiplier while Corrosive has to contend with all the other methods of armor strip that may be superior. Puncture being Viral-lite would be a nice indirect buff to Corrosive.

Of course this will make Puncture Toxin the go to against Corpus, but Toxin was already the go to over Magnetic.

Not all damage types need to deal more damage, but they all need to contribute to faster TTKs.

Magnetic could clump enemies together.

Everyone complained about Impact and Blast making headshots harder to get. What if Impact and Blast made it so that the entire enemy hotbox is treated as "head"? 

Gas shouldn't be capped and should scale on both heat and toxin mods to make up for bad resistances. There should be more mods like Boreal's Contempt that boost dot damage for status weapons to take advantage of that won't fit on a Crit build starved for space.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

Have you ever read what OP is talking about? Just because you can kill with simple action doesn't mean it's good. Have you remember old Banshee's Resonating quake? You know, you have just pressed single key and lots of things dies. Rest are stunlocked for your teammates to kill. Damage wise it was probably good enough. Why it was changed by DE? Because it hadn't required any interaction from you.

That's why I'm waiting on that Octavia Rework.... 👀

4 hours ago, (XBOX)calvina said:

In-mission challenges that gave free affinity

unknown.png

Ah man that takes me back... I literally just Starting Playing the Year these things got Removed.... Such a shame....

2 hours ago, traybong111 said:

And Blast was used not because it was good by itself (it never was and it still isn't good) but because it counted as 2 different status for old Condition Overload. Corr/Blast was terrible for actual killing weapons but it was an amazing support combo for high status primers

People also used it on The Zenistar.... Anything that came into Contact with the Aura from the Disk would be permanently CC'd for the Remainder of the Auras Duration....

A fitting feature for a Weapon Gimmick I think 😉.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Another one were some augment that Blast enemies on kill. Blast changed and this augment instead of short stunning enemies it gets some weird effect.

You mean the Amalgam Furax Body Count thing ? Yeah that thing doesn't work anymore because of Status Rework and somebody Forgot to Update the Mod Description.... 👀

AmalgamFuraxBodyCountMod.png

The Last Part Should Say "Melee Kills Do Nothing Blast Sucks Now"... 😝

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Gunkata maybe? As melee person it's sadden me... a little. :D

I'm sorry...

Some body once proposed the Idea to Replace their Primary Weapon with yet another Secondary Weapon....

I want the same thing for melee weapons.... 

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

To me, I think DE should do the opposite of what players are asking here and just leave things alone for now. Most of the "high end" players I've played with are simply using meta tricks to survive anyway so it's not like all of the players are on the same page. The status and process system isn't broken. They're designed for the normal star chart's dominance...when you have everything maxed out. IT'S FUN! Guys, stop trying to screw up the fun! Leave fun alone!

I don't know if I feel the same way... But I appreciate this Honesty and Insight... 👍...

52 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Everyone complained about Impact and Blast making headshots harder to get. What if Impact and Blast made it so that the entire enemy hotbox is treated as "head"? 

Personally, I think impact is the most busted stat proc in the game now. It competes easily with corrosive, allowing me to have different builds, it wipes shields faster, it very easily allows use of arcane ultimatum, with its easily manageable 1200 armor for 45 seconds effect (because parazon finishers count as finishers and are guaranteed kills against the toughest enemies) and let's not forget what shattering impact does when combined with gas procs.

Impact makes the flow of the game so much better now...which is why I don't want DE to change anything. All of the procs work well but I don't think the intention was to make them all stand alone setups. Each needs to be observed, experimented with and applied. Meta or max DPS is not the only goals when playing this game and I wish people would stop trying to force it to be that way.

Weird. Original post discusses nerfs and then the comments devolve into people desiring more difficulty.

I'm very happy with Warframe at the moment. I've always been a fan of the massive power fantasy, the ability to delete rooms of enemies. I think that's Warframe's biggest gameplay strength (although I think the story and art direction are the greatest strengths of the game overall).

I don't think there has really been an issue with nerfs and balance passes either. I think the game difficulty is just generally in a great place. Warframe is literally the only video game I play and there are lots of good reasons for that.

Archived