The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2021 Year In Review Stats

PublikDomain

18 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Nataruk being at 0.69% of all weapon usage despite having released only a month ago and only measured while at R30 for 2 weeks speaks volumes about the number of people who have successfully completed TNW. DE are likely happy with the reception.

it has almost reached %2 within the top mr in usage. the weapon is quite ridicilous so its not shocking.

11 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

it has almost reached %2 within the top mr in usage. the weapon is quite ridicilous so its not shocking.

I'm referring to usage stats within the context of acquisition method. You can't buy it with plat, which means an exceedingly high number of players have completed TNW despite difficulty complaints.

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The Nukor's crit stats are clearly just too good, even post-nerf.

No, it's just that it can deal 1 extra status effect (Microwave) more than every other secondary in the game. So everyone uses it for Condition Overload and Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot.

The proper "fix" is to remove Microwave or make it not count as a proper status effect. As long as players use CO and the Galvanized mods, players will always want the maximum number of status effects from weapons. And only Nukor and Kuva Nukor have access to this 1 status effect not attainable by any other weapon in the game.

8 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

The 2021 Year In Review stats are now live.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the breakdown comparisons against last year.

52 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Nataruk being at 0.69% of all weapon usage despite having released only a month ago and only measured while at R30 for 2 weeks speaks volumes about the number of people who have successfully completed TNW. DE are likely happy with the reception.

Good point.

52 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Wukong still the most used by a massive margin, gee who saw that coming. /s

And Nukor too. Surprising, no. Disappointing, a little.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

In most platforms, Ignis Wraith is the most picked.

For some reason, Xbox tenno likes Acceltra better.

I'm not sure if Xoris is popular because of Glaive throws, but the infinite combo duration is too much of a great convenience feature to pass up.

I think xbox game pass had a gauss bundle perk last year

1 hour ago, nslay said:
8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The Nukor's crit stats are clearly just too good, even post-nerf.

No, it's just that it can deal 1 extra status effect (Microwave) more than every other secondary in the game. So everyone uses it for Condition Overload and Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot.

No, the Nukor's OPness comes from multiple points.

• Stupidly high crit damage that's easily exploited with stuff like Arcane Avenger and Harrow.
  • Microwave status for CO effects.
  • Easy-to-reach 100%+ status chance on a beam weapon.
  • Chaining beams created by every single enemy hit by the main beam if you use Punch Through.
  • Free 60% elemental mod of your choice (though not all elements are available).

The end result is an absolute beast that quickly slaughters Steel Path crowds, be it by itself or as the wingman for another weapon. If it was a Primary weapon (though somehow still bound to Pistol mods), it would easily make the top 3 usage list, if not dominate it altogether. I mean, unmodded and with its 60% element, it has higher damage, fire rate, crit damage, status chance, and range than Ignis Wraith!

Hopefully they go over the helminth system when talking about year in review since I don't see it on this list. That is what I want to see the most, iirc we had some charts showing the system usage a while back and DE got a ton of flack at how they analyzed the data particularly using Mesa's 1 as the example of being the commonly replaced warframe ability. 

3 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Are there any people interested in doing something with the data? I could make some scripts so it's loadable in Excel/Calc for example. Raw data are here:

Very interested. I want to do the heatmaps as graphs, with 2020-2021 comparisons. I also want to see the things that changed the most, and make graphs of those too.

CCgi7K5.gif

*Pretends to be shocked by the results*

I could see this coming a mile away. From the few times I'm ever in pubs its always the same things. This just confirms the bias towards these things being used. The amount used Grew since last year even. That isn't good.

46 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Microwave status for CO effects.

This is really what it's used for. The crit multiplier is very high, but it has a low base damage.

Remove Microwave as a proper status effect and add IPS back to Tenet Cycron (like its original) and you will almost certaintly see different in "2022 Year In Review."

23 minutes ago, nslay said:
1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Microwave status for CO effects.

This is really what it's used for.

This is smelling an awful lot like a No True Scotsman fallacy. If some people use it for anything other than the Microwave, does that not count because it's "really" not what it's used for? Because I can guarantee that there's people that use it for other stuff.

26 minutes ago, nslay said:

The crit multiplier is very high, but it has a low base damage.

Oh sure, and Ignis Wraith has even lower base damage, yet it's topping the Primary list. It's almost like beam weapons capable of hitting multiple enemies at once can get away with low base damage or something. And while the K.Nukor may not have access to Hunter Munitions, it also tops the Ignis Wraith in

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

fire rate, crit damage, status chance, and range

... not to mention that the K.Nukor hits an additional 2 enemies within 9m per enemy hit by the main beam.

On the Primary top list "9/10 are AoE or have AoE capabilities", and K.Nukor's AoE capabilities are better than the no. 1! But hah, sure, people only "really" use it for the funny Microwave effect. Makes total sense, my dude.

30 minutes ago, nslay said:

This is really what it's used for. The crit multiplier is very high, but it has a low base damage.

Remove Microwave as a proper status effect and add IPS back to Tenet Cycron (like its original) and you will almost certaintly see different in "2022 Year In Review."

It's really easy to disprove this, just go to your nukor primer build, and take off an elemental mod. That's it, it'll perform close to the same and still leagues ahead of the cycron. Microwave is definitely not the only thing making the nukor good, just getting rid of a unique mechanic would hardly do anything. It still would have the best crit damage multiplier in the game, that easily boosts its damage above the cycron when used with just Arcane Avenger or an Adarza buff. Best status of all pistols, better innate elements than the cycron. You can't just take away the microwave and expect everything to just fall into place. The cycron itself is just a worse Nukor in almost every single way, and it needs a lot more than removing a CO element on the nukor to be able to compete with it

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Very interested. I want to do the heatmaps as graphs, with 2020-2021 comparisons. I also want to see the things that changed the most, and make graphs of those too.

Alright. I tried to keep it simple, but it got a bit bigger. Some things of note, especially in case there are other interested people who are not very familiar with coding:

• Language is Python. You'll need to install a Python interpreter if not already present on your system.

• As always with untrusted code, look at it before running it blindly -- or take my word that it doesn't trash your machine ;)

• What it does: Creates a subdirectory, downloads the JSONs mentioned before, then turns the data into a bunch of CSVs. It'll turn out something like this (<platform>_<category>_WarframeUsageData<year>):
    z1ZEnOv.png

• License is basically do what you want, (but no warranty, blah EULA blah).

Where to get: I put it for download on a Mega account or you can copy it from this pastebin-like site: usage_data.py on ZeroBin.net

How to use: run it with Python. On Windows it should be associated with the .py file type, so double click. From a command line: python usage_data.py

The resulting CSV files should then be easy to open with a spreadsheet application. E.g. LibreOffice shows a conversion dialog and that's all:

Spoiler

zHz4FVL.png

TaJHmmt.png

Edit: Maybe I should add "why does it make so many files?". The original data has a few nested levels, and CSV is flat. JSON hierarchy looks like this:

y2ZLv7g.png

Really, more than anything, I'm pleasantly surprised that DE did this again.   I asked for it, hoped for it, but I really didn't expect it.  Thank you very much, DE.  (And I suspect @[DE]Rebecca in particular, who seems to care a lot about data analysis.)  I hope you do this every year. 

Anyway, I'm not even going to comment on the glaringly obvious things on those graphs.   I'm just going to go to the first thing I wanted to look at...

All that grousing about Banshee being a cheat code this year and she went from 0.43 to 0.56.   And I wonder how much of that usage is me, lol.   To be fair,  it looks like that happened all on the high end MR on the heatmap, which makes sense.

But why the hell is nobody talking about the most important revelation of the day: 

Harpak at 0.08% BEAT PARACYST'S SKINNY BUTT at a puny 0.03%.

Thanks for the summaries, @PublikDomain

14 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Alright. I tried to keep it simple, but it got a bit bigger. Some things of note, especially in case there are other interested people who are not very familiar with coding:

• Language is Python. You'll need to install a Python interpreter if not already present on your system.

• As always with untrusted code, look at it before running it blindly -- or take my word that it doesn't trash your machine ;)

• What it does: Creates a subdirectory, downloads the JSONs mentioned before, then turns the data into a bunch of CSVs. It'll turn out something like this (<platform>_<category>_WarframeUsageData<year>):
    z1ZEnOv.png

• License is basically do what you want, (but no warranty, blah EULA blah).

Where to get: I put it for download on a Mega account or you can copy it from this pastebin-like site: usage_data.py on ZeroBin.net

How to use: run it with Python. On Windows it should be associated with the .py file type, so double click. From a command line: python usage_data.py

The resulting CSV files should then be easy to open with a spreadsheet application. E.g. LibreOffice shows a conversion dialog and that's all:

Reveal hidden contents

zHz4FVL.png

TaJHmmt.png

Edit: Maybe I should add "why does it make so many files?". The original data has a few nested levels, and CSV is flat. JSON hierarchy looks like this:

y2ZLv7g.png

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

It's really easy to disprove this, just go to your nukor primer build, and take off an elemental mod. That's it, it'll perform close to the same and still leagues ahead of the cycron. Microwave is definitely not the only thing making the nukor good, just getting rid of a unique mechanic would hardly do anything. It still would have the best crit damage multiplier in the game, that easily boosts its damage above the cycron when used with just Arcane Avenger or an Adarza buff. Best status of all pistols, better innate elements than the cycron. You can't just take away the microwave and expect everything to just fall into place. The cycron itself is just a worse Nukor in almost every single way, and it needs a lot more than removing a CO element on the nukor to be able to compete with it

18 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Oh sure, and Ignis Wraith has even lower base damage, yet it's topping the Primary list. It's almost like beam weapons capable of hitting multiple enemies at once can get away with low base damage or something. And while the K.Nukor may not have access to Hunter Munitions, it also tops the Ignis Wraith in

If Tenet Cycron could dish out the statuses that Kuva Nukor could (and it could if those changes were made), the "2022 Warframe In Review" would show Tenet Cycron in the top 10. This status aspect is really really why people use weapons like Kuva Nukor... not because they can use an Arcane slot or Harrow or use a cat to make Kuva Nukor do some damage. No, they want that Microwave, Radiation and progenitor damage status so they can stick 2-3 more damage types on the weapon (Impact progenitor gives you Slash from Hemhorrage).

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

If Tenet Cycron could dish out the statuses that Kuva Nukor could (and it could if those changes were made), the "2022 Warframe In Review" would show Tenet Cycron in the top 10. This status aspect is really really why people use weapons like Kuva Nukor... not because they can use an Arcane slot or Harrow or use a cat to make Kuva Nukor do some damage. No, they want that Microwave, Radiation and progenitor damage status so they can stick 2-3 more damage types on the weapon (Impact progenitor gives you Slash from Hemhorrage).

Again dude just take off like a heat mod from a nukor and put it next to a cycron. Don't replace the mod with anything you don't have to. It'll still perform better than the Cycron. Anyone worth their salt nowadays who wants to prime things uses an epitaph instead anyways so the amount of status they have for priming doesn't matter as much

49 minutes ago, nslay said:

I'm sure most people who use it aren't even aware of the extra status effect.  Though no doubt some of that usage is from people copying other people who copied other people who copied other people who actually read the wiki.

I just think you're putting too much of the popularity on Microwave.    If DE had given the Tenet Cycron or Epitaph its own special status, does Knukor drop by half?  That'd be a huge drop, and straining plausibility, but even at 10%, that's some crazy usage.  It's a really, really good and versatile weapon.  And maybe even more to the point, really satisfying.

2 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

Again dude just take off like a heat mod from a nukor and put it next to a cycron. Don't replace the mod with anything you don't have to. It'll still perform better than the Cycron. Anyone worth their salt nowadays who wants to prime things uses an epitaph instead anyways so the amount of status they have for priming doesn't matter as much

Once again, and again and again, imagine if Tenet Cycron could prime enemies better than Kuva Nukor.

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

Once again, and again and again, imagine if Tenet Cycron could prime enemies better than Kuva Nukor.

I never said it would be bad if it could? What? What's up with people on this forum having their argument defeated and insta doubling back on something else and claiming that was their point to whole time. You said that removing microwave would make the weapons even, a lot of people told you that you were wrong, and now you're saying that you actually meant for the cycron to be better at priming from the beginning instead of just owning up to the fact that we disagreed with you.

Edit: "No, it's just that it can deal 1 extra status effect (Microwave) more than every other secondary in the game. So everyone uses it for Condition Overload and Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot.

The proper "fix" is to remove Microwave or make it not count as a proper status effect. As long as players use CO and the Galvanized mods, players will always want the maximum number of status effects from weapons. And only Nukor and Kuva Nukor have access to this 1 status effect not attainable by any other weapon in the game." This is what I originally addressed, and you keep moving the damned goal posts because you're afraid of being wrong, just own up to it dude no one's going to kill you if you admit that you might have been wrong

Tbh the issue is less the Kuva Nukor itself and more the existence of effects that add flat crit. If there was going to be a change, I'd expect to make those effects standardized with other crit buffs/mods, but make the value larger to compensate (I could see avenger going to 200% or more).

Sources of additive crit are rough to balance around because they can be totally OP on weapons designed around a low crit as a limiter (like nukor).

Archived