Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need a blast RADIUS mod and a Hemorrhage/Internal Bleeding mod for shotguns

Graavarg

So, had an idea for an Astilla Prime build, focusing on buffing the slash damage. But when I selected the shotgun in the Arsenal I remembered I'd had the idea before, but that it didn't work because for some unfathomable reason there isn't a "range" blast radius-mod and a "Hemorrhage/Internal Bleeding"-version for shotguns.

This is irritating and silly, and Astilla Prime sort of proves the point. It is just like any other one-bullet/projectile weapon (though the shotgun version is called "a slug") with a forced impact proc and an explosion with range radius. Functionally it is pretty much a Kuva Chakkhurr (one projectile, forced impact proc, explosion).

I can see no reason why DE is allowing range blast radius-modifying mods for just about everything, except shotguns. And while a Hemorrhage/Internal Bleeding-version for shotguns might have some impact on the damage-dealing capabilities of certain shotguns, it is not any more "exceptional" than allowing other primaries (that also are based around one bullet/projectile and an AoE) to use such mod.

So please DE, give shotguns these possibilities.

Yeah there's a lot of shotguns with aoe that could really benefit from an explosion radius mod. The different primary weapon categories splitting the mods up is really annoying. Especially with so many primaries that tow the line between categories or are just straight up two different categories at once. But because the categories exist they have to be labeled as one or the other and have certain mods restricted from them for no real reason because DE keeps forgetting shotguns exist when releasing new mods.

I agree ,

it feels weird to discriminate against shotguns for these attributes as most shotguns are kind of on par with assault rifle weapons without those specific mods.

But with those mods the ARs (that can actually take advantage of those mods) kind of take the lead.

Honestly Astilla Prime would be as good, if not better than acceltra if it just used primary mods. They are both fully automatic weapons with a small aoe. Please I want to use internal bleeding and firestorm to make it into a monster.

Pretty sure DE is planning a slightly different variation of Internal Bleeding for shotguns to keep them distinct from regular primaries.  Something like

Puncture procs have a 35% chance to inflict Impact status.  (x2 when pellet count is below 2.5)

And instead of a blast radius mod, I think they'll get another one with punch through.  So shotguns will be the only weapon class eligible to fit four PT mods!

57 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Puncture procs have a 35% chance to inflict Impact status.  (x2 when pellet count is below 2.5)

That sounds as useful as an umbrella handle during a hurricane.

Different for the sake of being different at the expense of practicality and/or functionality is not good game design in my opinion.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

????

GalvanizedAccelerationMod.png

i know Astilla has some wack Projectiles, but the Projectile Speed increase should still help their wackness.

Pretty sure they mean blast radius in referring to "range" - as PFS very clearly modifies their actual shot range and falloff ranges. I don't see why Firestorm isn't usable on Primaries in general, instead of just Rifles - that would fully mitigate that aspect of the problem.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Pretty sure DE is planning a slightly different variation of Internal Bleeding for shotguns to keep them distinct from regular primaries.  Something like

And instead of a blast radius mod, I think they'll get another one with punch through.  So shotguns will be the only weapon class eligible to fit four PT mods!

Ah yes, impact status. Just what I need at any given moment.

Hemorrhage I get, but.. who is asking for range? do you mean damage fall-off, because the shotguns in Warframe in my experience can hit ludicrously far and the damage fall-off is, well, the price you pay for bringing a shotgun instead of a rifle for distant engagements. I suppose there are wildcards like the Astilla, but I can't recall any issues I've ever had with Astilla or it's Prime version and I've sunk Forma into both. 

5 hours ago, iPathos said:

Pretty sure they mean blast radius in referring to "range" - as PFS very clearly modifies their actual shot range and falloff ranges. I don't see why Firestorm isn't usable on Primaries in general, instead of just Rifles - that would fully mitigate that aspect of the problem.

could be, but they haven't clarified. since Astilla has a hard cutoff on Projectiles since they do that stupid veer into the sunset, i assume we're talking about that.
if it's wanting Firestorm on Shotguns, yeah, i guess. might as well.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Hemorrhage I get, but.. who is asking for range? do you mean damage fall-off, because the shotguns in Warframe in my experience can hit ludicrously far and the damage fall-off is, well, the price you pay for bringing a shotgun instead of a rifle for distant engagements.

not that we even have to make that tradeoff anymore with Galvanized Acceleration. pmuch any Shotgun can have full/high Damage out to far past where their Pellet Spread will actually deal useful Damage to. 26/27 of your Pellets may have missed, but hey, that one that did hit did full Damage! :D

18 hours ago, taiiat said:

could be, but they haven't clarified. since Astilla has a hard cutoff on Projectiles since they do that stupid veer into the sunset, i assume we're talking about that.

I mean...

On 2022-04-07 at 9:58 PM, Graavarg said:

It is just like any other one-bullet/projectile weapon (though the shotgun version is called "a slug") with a forced impact proc and an explosion with range. Functionally it is pretty much a Kuva Chakkhurr (one projectile, forced impact proc, explosion).

I thought it was pretty clear that blast radius was meant with this clarification and comparison. Still doesn't explain why shotguns are left out on that plane though. 🤔

On 2022-04-08 at 1:51 AM, taiiat said:

Yes, sorry about that (everyone). I should have been consistent and used [blast] "radius" and not "range" (of the AoE, which was what I was actually thinking).

Changed the topic header and edited my first post, for consistency.

Archived