Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Sling changes look amazing, why stop there?

Dragazer

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Parkour indeed has lot of control however sometimes you want more. Sometimes I'm not being able to do stuffs however they might be very specific things.

Bullet Jump doesn't have that problem, seeing as you can use it as much as you want(well, as long as you're not trying to traverse a bottomless pit...), and can cancel it at any time. you can Bullet Jump 1 Millimeter, or whatever your full distance is, and anywhere in between.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i certainly wouldn't mind addressing that you can't Bullet Jump after doing a Double Jump, but you can Double Jump after doing a Bullet Jump. just seems silly that you can mix these one way, but not the other. all of our other Parkour tools we can use in any order.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Isn't void dash less clunky & faster than Bullet jump? I mean you press same keys (ctrl + space on pc), travel faster and you can go where you aim (same as bullet jump). 

other than that annoying inconsistent delay/Cooldown on repeated use, yeah. can't even learn it since it has seemingly no rhyme or reason why you sometimes have to wait longer to repeat use it than some other time. even in one chain of max jumps at times.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

Bullet Jump doesn't have that problem, seeing as you can use it as much as you want(well, as long as you're not trying to traverse a bottomless pit...), and can cancel it at any time. you can Bullet Jump 1 Millimeter, or whatever your full distance is, and anywhere in between.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i certainly wouldn't mind addressing that you can't Bullet Jump after doing a Double Jump, but you can Double Jump after doing a Bullet Jump. just seems silly that you can mix these one way, but not the other. all of our other Parkour tools we can use in any order.

Bullet jump is nice but not perfect. You can only do one BJ without wall-leap, you cannot cancel it (via roll not sure about void dash), you can travel even "1 milimeter" but you get stuck in animation (like Grendel's catapult augment).

other than that annoying inconsistent delay/Cooldown on repeated use, yeah. can't even learn it since it has seemingly no rhyme or reason why you sometimes have to wait longer to repeat use it than some other time. even in one chain of max jumps at times.

Well, I haven't seen such lags (except when transfering to operator I cannot void dash for some time).

It’s because bullet jumping counts as a jump. It’s either Jump > Bullet Jump, Jump > Double Jump, or Bullet Jump > Double Jump.

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

Bullet jump is nice but not perfect. You can only do one BJ without wall-leap, you cannot cancel it (via roll not sure about void dash), you can travel even "1 milimeter" but you get stuck in animation (like Grendel's catapult augment).

Bullet jump, double jump the opposite direction, tap aim glide to stop on a dime without staying in the animation.

11 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

The mobility in this game is already fantastic, if it ain't broke don't fix it. There are so many more things that do need fixing. 

I quit Diablo 3 after 4k+ hours because they changed the monks dash to have charges with a cooldown instead of being spammable if you had the energy. I could no longer play at the pace I enjoyed. The game was frustrating because my mobility was limited. I don't want to find a new game, I like this one. 

I fear I might have to....

With the Nerf to CC and and other problems persisting....

Maybe I should take another year long Break.... 👀

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Apparently you dont know how hard it is to play Vazarin and try to keep your teammates alive with Protective Dash when they are pingponging through the map.

I say let them die...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand why people feel the need to post threads like these.

Like come on guys, Warframe Forums likes are even more fake than normal fake internet points...

9 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

This vid will give you a good idea of what the new void sling looks like in action, timestamped:

Tbh it looks fine, if not better imo especially after the speed increase. The moment you unlock and waybind Mind Sprint void dashing becomes significantly more annoying to control. Out in open spaces that's fine, but in every other map? A pita. This fixes it. Now void dashing in tight spaces shouldn't be such a nightmare at times.

The only thing I don't like regarding the new 'sling'? Is the name of it, and the operator animation. Should have been called Void Blink imo, and the animation changed to something new. Tbh the operator needs new animations across the board.

Does seem slower, but interesting to see just how much airtime they could get? Not sure if that's base but still, it seems pretty damn cheap. I would definitely agree with the animations - I'd have at least like to see something where the Operator is leaning into the sling and then flips into a standing stance. Some kind of pose to indicate that they're putting in a little effort.

6 hours ago, quxier said:

Isn't void dash less clunky & faster than Bullet jump? I mean you press same keys (ctrl + space on pc), travel faster and you can go where you aim (same as bullet jump). Reduced energy might be "clunky" but that's only one "small" issue with it.

With Bullet Jump you can fine-tune how far you want to go using dodge rolls, aim glide and your directional inputs after the fact. Basically manipulating trajectories to determine where you go. Void Dash sends you a set distance and then stops you dead. Sadly, it looks like whilst the original showings of void sling had momentum, other footage seems to suggest they're removing that.

1 hour ago, Alpheus said:

Bullet jump, double jump the opposite direction

That doesn't make me allow another bullet jump.

2 hours ago, Alpheus said:

tap aim glide to stop on a dime without staying in the animation.

It's not perfect but it's sooooo nice. It's like finding you can roll during melee attacks (ghoulsaw!). Thanks for that.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

With Bullet Jump you can fine-tune how far you want to go using dodge rolls, aim glide and your directional inputs after the fact. Basically manipulating trajectories to determine where you go. Void Dash sends you a set distance and then stops you dead. Sadly, it looks like whilst the original showings of void sling had momentum, other footage seems to suggest they're removing that.

Both have pros & cons. I like precise movement of rolls or void dash. You know where you land. I've used a lot pre-nerf amalgam serration (shorter rolls). It made game more precise.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No because if i was to have that lack of empathy in a Co-Op game it would be better i played Solo and i dont like playing Solo.

I mean.... They clearly don't want your Help.... You would be better off Protecting Them if you weren't Stuck In Void Mode where you can't Attack....

45 minutes ago, quxier said:

Both have pros & cons. I like precise movement of rolls or void dash. You know where you land. I've used a lot pre-nerf amalgam serration (shorter rolls). It made game more precise.

Oh, I use the Amalgam Mods to change roll speed too, but the fact of the matter is that sure, you know exactly where you're gonna land. But you're flat out of luck if where you wanna go isn't an exact multiple of that number.

40 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

. But you're flat out of luck if where you wanna go isn't an exact multiple of that number.

With small distances "exact multiple isn't important. It's more important how fast you can execute them. You can always roll again or just "don't care" about few Meters.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

you can cancel a Bullet Jump at any time by using Fine Aim. (oh, someone already mentioned)

having one Parkour charge for various actions without touching a surface is a fun limitation i would say. usually i'm for less limitations but in this case i think it's more fun to have that one. gives us more incentive to string Parkour together.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Lady Ukita said:

It’s because bullet jumping counts as a jump. It’s either Jump > Bullet Jump, Jump > Double Jump, or Bullet Jump > Double Jump.

i don't really care why we can't mix in any order, we just should be able to. we can mix in almost any order, just not any possible order. because we can mix in almost any order, that makes the one order we can't do feel inconsistent and arbitrary.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I've used a lot pre-nerf amalgam serration (shorter rolls). It made game more precise.

Amalgam Diffusion is the Rolls one, and yeah, i can't live without that. Equipped on 100% of my Secondary Weapons. anytime i don't have it the game feels wrong now. Weapon restriction Modifiers are big lame.
big rip that i can't use Galvanized Diffusion as a result.

46 minutes ago, quxier said:

With small distances "exact multiple isn't important. It's more important how fast you can execute them. You can always roll again or just "don't care" about few Meters.

It matters a lot where any kind of verticality or ledges are involved. You can't do a ledge grab if you're 3 metres away from the ledge after all. A Warframe's horizontal bullet jump can be anywhere from 13 to 65 metres long, whilst a void dash will typically be either 11 or 25 metres long, depending on if you have mind sprint unlocked. 

All I'm saying is, when I pop Operator in mid-air to cover that liiiitle extra distance or adjust my jump in mid-air, I'm not using void dash. I'm using the fact that transference resets your bullet jump.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

All I'm saying is, when I pop Operator in mid-air to cover that liiiitle extra distance or adjust my jump in mid-air, I'm not using void dash. I'm using the fact that transference resets your bullet jump.

... Why am I discovering this now?!

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Amalgam Diffusion is the Rolls one, and yeah, i can't live without that. Equipped on 100% of my Secondary Weapons. anytime i don't have it the game feels wrong now. Weapon restriction Modifiers are big lame.

Now that it changed I'm using galvanized one instead.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

having one Parkour charge for various actions without touching a surface is a fun limitation i would say. usually i'm for less limitations but in this case i think it's more fun to have that one. gives us more incentive to string Parkour together.

Mobility in this game is so powerful (especially using (mini)archwing) so it doesn't matter because we will reach most stuffs some way. The problem is how good that way is.

One bad limitation are invisible walls & teleportation places.

ps. I love parkour... where it fits. I like running in Mirror's edge or 4th Prince of Persia game. Old parkour in WF looked amazing as well (I haven't played at that time!). However this game is more kill oriented. So unless they join somehow combat & parkour in some meaningful way then it's ok to make mobility easy.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It matters a lot where any kind of verticality or ledges are involved. You can't do a ledge grab if you're 3 metres away from the ledge after all

There are maybe few cases where I couldn't reach certain place.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

I'm the exact opposite now that they changed Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, I can't use it anymore. After a million quick dodge rolls the change to increasing the distance just feels off. I run into walls and stuff. It's frustrating but I now have room for galvanized diffusion.

12 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm the exact opposite now that they changed Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, I can't use it anymore. After a million quick dodge rolls the change to increasing the distance just feels off. I run into walls and stuff. It's frustrating but I now have room for galvanized diffusion.

You can use block + roll for shorter rolls. Not the best option but it's... the only one afair.

33 minutes ago, quxier said:

There are maybe few cases where I couldn't reach certain place.

And on the Operator where Void Dash is literally their only mobility option, that soon adds up. Because oftentimes if you miss a jump with a frame by a metre or two, your momentum sails you into a smooth wall kick to recover. On the Operator, you'd plummet, even if they could wall jump.

Archived